Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

View RSS Feed

Audi News Blog

1. Fourtitude Partners with Audi Driver Magazine + George Achorn Takes the Wheel 'American View' Column

We're very pleased to announce a new partnership that pulls Fourtitude just a bit into the brick and mortar world and one that brings one of our favorite print magazines further into the digital realm. When Audi Driver Magazine's 'American View' columnist Elaine Catton moved back to the UK from the States last year, Audi Driver editor Paul Harris reached out to me about taking over the U.S. column. It was a great honor and ...
    2. Video: Interview with Fourtitude Editor Unexpectedly Found on Vimeo

During the operation of this website, I've found myself interviewing significant players in the Audi enthusiast world. From executives to Le Mans winners or enthusiasts, we're usually the ones asking the questions. So it was a bit of a reversal a while back when then Audi social media manager Laurie Meyers put the mic and the questions to me on a sunny day in front of Audi HQ in Herndon, VA.

To be honest, I'd ...
    3. New Audi S1 Renders and Spy Photos Reveal Upcoming Smallest S-car

It's a little known fact that the Audi S1 was supposed to be revealed nearly a year ago at the Paris Auto show. Paris organizers even listed the car as a headliner on the show website for a while but for some reason not shared wtih us, sources at Audi AG tell us the car was pulled from the mix. Several months later though in January, we had a chance to test drive a prototype A1 1.4 ...
    4. Rendered: OEplus Audi Q3. Lowered with Tires for the Win.

There's something about crossovers. They're tall, practical and more fuel efficient than SUVs though not quite as fuel efficient as a wagon... yet there's no denying they hurt the business case for the Avant, much-loved by hardcore Audi enthusiasts. Like it or not though, crossovers are here to stay and the new Audi Q3 is proof of that.

5. Via Fourtitude: Le Mans Coverage. Audi Magazine. Fourtitude Writer.

We're proud to admit we contribute to the Audi Magazine on occasion including this two-part story about Audi motorsport and Le Mans. Part 1 provides a recap on the 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans. Part 2 explains why Audi races and keys it all back into the whole "Unfair Advantage" theme. ...
    6. Video: Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen Addresses Social Media Audience at NAIAS 2011

Audi of America is as serious as a heart attack when it comes to social media. We'd published ahead of last weeks North American International Auto Show in Detroit that we'd be joining other online bloggers from Speed:Sport:Life and Quattroworld.com as well as Audi's own social media team in helping to cover the Detroit Auto Show from an Audi perspective. ...
    7. Ready for Takeoff: Prepping for Fourtitude Le Mans Coverage and Social Media Correspondence for Audi

I've just finished packing my gear and am ready to go. The flight out of Dulles tomorrow will take me to Paris and then it's a quick blast down to Le Mans on the TGV high speed rail. Le Mans week has arrived and we're excited about the prospects. As is the usual here on Fourtitude we'll be covering the exploits of Audi Sport, Team Kolles and their Audi R10 TDIs, the Audi-powered Spyker and the Japanese JLOC Lamborghini. ...