Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

View RSS Feed

Audi News Blog

1. 2012 North American International Auto Show Audi Photo Gallery Added

We've just uploaded a comprehensive collection of photos from the 2012 North American International Auto Show. The mix includes the Audi Q3 Vail design study, the new updated Audi RS 5, S4, A4 allroad, A8 3.0 TFSI, A3 e-tron, R8 GT Spyder and more.

See them all via THIS LINK.
    2. Find of the Day: Bonkers 570-hp B5 RS 4 Build on Ebay

A wise man once told me to "Buy it Built". You'll earn a hell of a lot of respect and pride when you build your car from the ground up but you'll save a hell of a lot of cash if you buy it built. Often built cars are a total bargain, though we're sure whether this Bonkers B5 RS 4 build qualifies will be hotly debated. What we're pretty sure won't be ...
    3. C4 Audi S4 Goes 242 MPH in Salt Flats Run at SpeedWeek

When you think of Audis that would give a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport a run for its top speed money, an early 90's C4 might not be on the top of your list. Likely though, oldschool Audi performance buffs would not be so surprised. That original I5 turbo that powered Audi's rally, Trans-Am and IMSA GTO dominance in the 80s and 90s saw its last-of-breed production in the big-although-aerodynamic ...
    4. Virtual Holiday Mantel 2011: Season's Greetings from QuattroWorld

As the holiday season sets in, we've begun to decorate our annual Virtual Holiday Mantel (VHM). Next to sit on our fireplace is this card from QuattroWorld.com.

http://www.quattroworld.com
    5. Real World S-line Photos of the New Audi A4

We've added a wave of new photos of the facelifted A4, A4 allroad and S4 range originating from the European launch of these cars in Lisbon this week. All shots of the car out in the wild (i.e. not CGI or overly edited photography), the real find in the mix is that of an S-line Avant. Thus far, S-line models haven't really been shown. ...
    6. Breaking: Audi AG Drops Manual Transmission 6-Speed for EU Market Facelifted S4 and S5 Range. US Retains Them!

In a move you don't always see from Audi, we've stumbled across an interesting turn of events surrounding manual transmissions in next year's facelifted S4 and S5. When a friend from Audi AG pointed out to us that he couldn't get a manual transmission in a 3.0 TDI A5 Sportback and then another our friend Mike ...
    7. 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans: Day 1 Scrutineering with Audi Safety Cars

With Audi Sport representing the only Audi or Audi-powered cars on the grid this year and also a Monday scrutineering slot, Sunday at scrutineering wasn't terribly momentous for Audi fans watching Le Mans week make its anticipated beginning. Rain showers plagued this first day of car inspection and driver licensing and, as usual, Audi safety cars made for interesting ...
    8. Find of the Day: Suzuka Grey Audi Exclusive 2010 S4 that We Can Vouch for Personally

One nice thing about ordering a special Audi Exclusive car is that it's quite easily recognizable. When our previous Jet Blue Audi S5 hit the market, we knew its origins immediately and while we've seen at least one other Suzuka Grey S4 we're positive we've just come across our 2010 4 Season Audi S4 tester on our Exhaustiv car listing aggregator.
    9. "S4 Avant" Test Mule May Have Been RS 4 Says Our Forum and They're Probably Right

Remember that test mule we ran just yesterday, the one we thought might be an S4 Avant? We cross-posted that story to our B8 S4 forum and may have been quickly schooled by a few of our readers. And their theories were solid, solid enough for us to take a second look and likely agree with them.

The spy photographers ...
    10. Audi USA President Steps In Over Customer's Delayed Audi Exclusive S4

Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen has told us (as have all of his staff) time and again just how important customer service is for the Audi brand and its continued success in the USA. Given this I can't say I was overly surprised by what you are about to read, but I was plenty impressed.

According to a user on the Audizine forums and found via quattroholic, de Nysschen did no less than personally call a forum user by the ...
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast