Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

View RSS Feed

Building a Corrado "RS"

The Corrado RS is a Volkswagen Corrado VR6 fettled with to the Nth degree. If something could be improved on, it was. If it was unnecessary to the overall goal of creating a focused, undistracted driving experience, it was tossed. Nothing was taken for granted - long-term drive-ability, durability, and reliability were ensured.

Taken on its own merits, the Corrado RS will stack up against some of the best factory and after-market cars, modified with a similar thought process in mind. It borrows heavily from the spirit of such great cars as any Porsche RS variant, the Renault Megane R26.R, the Mk1 Audi TT Quattro Sport, and the BMW M3 CSL. It asks and answers the question: If VW themselves built a limited-production Sports Coupe, of the highest order, how would it look and what would it be?

Welcome to the Corrado RS. It's only short-coming might be its driver.

Follow Corrado RS on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CorradoRS

1. Corrado RS - An Honest Review that Got a Little Out Of Hand

by , 07-22-2014 at 12:22 PM (Building a Corrado "RS")
      The original idea for this article was to draw a clichéd comparison between the look-at-me-now nature of The Hamptons in the summer, having officially kicked off this Memorial Day week, and me deciding to take the Corrado on a shakedown drive TO The Hamptons. The Corrado only looks good from about fifty feet away. I’m sure there’s a Hamptons correlation there.

When I finally arrived at a coffee shop, I was tense. My shoulders hurt, I needed to stretch my back, and my left knee was ...
      Tags: 17, rs, vr6, vw Add / Edit Tags
      Categories
      Uncategorized
    2. Corrado RS - How Paul Walker Influenced My Automotive Enthusiasm

by , 12-24-2013 at 12:33 AM (Building a Corrado "RS")
      "The death of Paul Walker is shocking, saddening, and yet I could not figure out why his death was having such an impact on me. Why was it bothering me? The earliest memory I have of anything tuner related has to be some time before I was nine years old (between 1983 and 1992). This I know because it was in my family’s first apartment, and I distinctly remember sitting on the couch, with the latest issue of Automobile Magazine, reading the “Not For US” (pun intended I’m sure) column about ...