Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

View RSS Feed

VW News

1. Corrado RS, Chapter 4 - The Interior

by , 03-31-2012 at 01:23 PM (Building a Corrado "RS")
      I am no doubt a product of my generation, the generation exposed to such ridiculous technological progress, we easily forget what we saw yesterday. I am 29, and when I was 14, the Intel Pentium Processor was blazing fast. We had just discovered 56k modem connections, and AOL turned the annoying dial-tone into something we looked forward to, so long as it was accompanied by the BONG! of a successful connection. The first “modern” desktop PC my family had featured a crankin' 486DX processor pushing ...
    2. Corrado RS, Side Bar: An Ode To Quality

by , 03-31-2012 at 01:21 PM (Building a Corrado "RS")
      The hardest part of any project car is parts selection – quality parts are hard to come by. When I first started out with my Corrado, back in 2002, I relied heavily on the existing knowledge of Volkswagen veterans, scouring online forums and reading old magazines separating quality from crap. I began to process Physics 101, (despite not passing in three through College) reading The Way Things Work for the first time since I was five, and amassing some 10,000 posts on one of the largest automotive ...