Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by R5T
      I already think the R8 don't belong in the Audi line-up at all, let alone there will be another useless mid engined car in the line-up.
      I don't see the point in building this kinds of cars while the rest of the Audi range are mostly boring cars.
      The New A3 is a shiny example of a modern boring Audi car.
      They can't all be RS cars. I don't find the A3 boring, but I'm also more of an S, RS or R customer myself. I think though if you asked Audi marketing, even if they never made a dime on the R8 it's been a home run for Audi and the building of the brand. I suspect you'd find a lot of people who disagree with your statement, myself included.
      I already think the R8 don't belong in the Audi line-up at all, let alone there will be another useless mid engined car in the line-up.
      I don't see the point in building this kinds of cars while the rest of the Audi range are mostly boring cars.
      The New A3 is a shiny example of a modern boring Audi car.
      Quote Originally Posted by Microice
      So kill the TT-RS! Given the choice of TT-RS or the R5 I'd pick the latter. The R8 needs a little brother, much the 991 needs the Cayman; not to compete but to complement the sporty side of Audi.
      I doubt it would be either-or. I suspect they'd build both. TT is more of a GT like the A5 lineup.
      So kill the TT-RS! Given the choice of TT-RS or the R5 I'd pick the latter. The R8 needs a little brother, much the 991 needs the Cayman; not to compete but to complement the sporty side of Audi.
      Quote Originally Posted by Microice
      The moment the 551 comes I think the R5 would be a go with Audi building the car. It wouldn't make sense for Porsche to build the R5 as that is akin to Audi building the Macan as its running on the Q5 platform and engines.
      Porsche will build Macan in Porsche factory according to their press release. Given the timeframe, audi could build R5 and an MSB-based R8 on same line. Porsche would simply develop.
      I just see only one car i want of the bunch.
      The moment the 551 comes I think the R5 would be a go with Audi building the car. It wouldn't make sense for Porsche to build the R5 as that is akin to Audi building the Macan as its running on the Q5 platform and engines.
      Quote Originally Posted by brookside
      Point taken. I didn't mean to suggest Keogh is misrepresenting Audi's U.S. sales. What I tried to hint at- apparently not too well, is that Audi should consider increasing production for the U.S. market rather than loosing potential customers- especially new ones, because there simply isn't enough stock on hand.
      Two things. First, running high demand does mean you potentially lose customers and that is a real and present downside. de Nysschen told me that they could have done well more of what they sold last year (record year) had they had the inventory. The up side is that they're not needing to discount so it makes the business much more profitable. How BMW makes money on the 3 and 5 series leases they put out there is beyond me. My guess is that they don't.

Next, de Nysschen told me at the NY Auto Show that you'll see two levels of sales this year. You'll see what they have now, which is record territory but moderately so. Then, when we get into the back half of the year it's going to go nuts because there's a bit of a perfect storm brewing. The Euro zone is weak and that inventory can be redistributed to the USA where there is demand for it. Second, a TON of new product will be hitting including facelifts for Q5, A4, S4, A5, S5 and market introduction of RS 5, S8, A8 3.0 TFSI and A6 2.0 TFSI.
      If Audi could increase production, they would. Its the suppliers that can't always increase their production. With such high unemployment in a lot of European countries, many of which are where the suppliers are located, it is hard to just say "build me 100,000 more of these chips, or wood trim, or wheels"
      Point taken. I didn't mean to suggest Keogh is misrepresenting Audi's U.S. sales. What I tried to hint at- apparently not too well, is that Audi should consider increasing production for the U.S. market rather than loosing potential customers- especially new ones, because there simply isn't enough stock on hand.
      i think everything he is saying is true and relevant for the US market. Being an Audi salesperson for nearly 9 years now, i can say we are in a time of higher sales with what seems like lower volume. The thing is we are selling cars at a much faster rate than we did in the past, it seems like we don't have any cars, but the turn rate is so quick now and has been, that the inventory is going much quicker.
      When i tell a potential Audi owner "don't hesitate" it isn't a sales tactic, its the truth. Too many times people think the car they are looking at will be here in 2 weeks, and sells in the next 2 days. We have 10 A4's in stock when we normally had close to 50. But somehow we are setting extremely high sales for our dealership with minimal inventory.
      and the positive equity at the end of leases: completely true. Just this week i have seen $1300, 6200, and 4700 in equity on an A4, Q5, and A5 lease for 3 different customers.
      It is a tough, but a great position to be in.
      Good interview w a Smart Guy in a suit - but everybody's got game at this level and knows how to spin it.
      Trends and sales certainly hi-lite the fact that Audi's on the way up, BMW has become almost too diversified with niche-ness and Merc is in Keogh's words, "the old guy at the bar trying to buy everybody drinks." But Merc and BMW are nimble enough and smart enough to learn from their mistakes as well as capitalize on their strengths.

I do question his attitude (which I'm sure mimics the corporate line) about having not enough manufacturing capacity to meet sales demand...particularly in the U.S. It may seem like clever chat to tout the fact that dealers can't deep stock product- but the savvy consumer can find another car (brand) elsewhere immed. Equally as important is reducing the turnaround time for customer priority orders to show up for delivery in under 60 days.

There's room for improvement.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phunkshon
      Saw this 20 minutes after it was posted on YouTube but it felt wrong to share.
      I debated this. Honestly I believe it's staged and a sad attempt at guerilla marketing. I was also impressed by the R8's ability to take the hit. Those two elements contributed in my decision to run it.
      Saw this 20 minutes after it was posted on YouTube but it felt wrong to share.
      This has got to be the coolest looking machine people have ever created.
      I would say Bollocks, R5 is dead.
      The next TT RS will have 380 hp and alloy MQB body with a 60 Kg weight reduction.
      Further there will be a new generation Haldex.
      So the space between next Gen TT RS and R8 will get even smaller IMHO.
      In the next couple years, Audi is set to start putting its e-Tron technology in cars that will be appearing in car dealerships. A test run is starting soon for the A3 e-Tron and the very first models will be here by 2014. Better check this out: Big push coming for Audi e-Tron line

According to AutoBlog, the first of the e-Tron line to hit the streets is going to the R8 e-Tron. However, since the R8 starts well above $100,000, hardly anyone will be able to afford it. The A3 e-Tron quattro will be released for the 2014 model year. After that, the A4 and Q7 SUV will follow. They are likely to incorporate at least some technology from the R18 e-Tron quattro.

AutoBlog quotes Audi chairman Rubert Stadler as saying that an e-Tron model will be an option on every model Audi makes by 2020.
      Quote Originally Posted by AudiSportFan
      Thanks Geroge for the support, really nice
      No problem!
      Thanks Geroge for the support, really nice
      I really like the orange seat belts and stitching.
    Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast