Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Corrado RS - How Paul Walker Influenced My Automotive Enthusiasm

by , 12-23-2013 at 11:33 PM (Building a Corrado "RS")
      "The death of Paul Walker is shocking, saddening, and yet I could not figure out why his death was having such an impact on me. Why was it bothering me? The earliest memory I have of anything tuner related has to be some time before I was nine years old (between 1983 and 1992). This I know because it was in my family’s first apartment, and I distinctly remember sitting on the couch, with the latest issue of Automobile Magazine, reading the “Not For US” (pun intended I’m sure) column about ...
    2. Why is the Citroen DS considered the most beautiful car of all time? What should be?

Quote Originally Posted by Spray` View Post
      Cord 812

My position on the Cord 810/812 is well-documented. It is also on solid ground. The combination of sheer, perfectly proportioned beauty, the ground-breaking futurism of the design that also successfully avoided lookiing weird, as many visionary designs do, along with the trump card of the Cord being the virtual brainchild of one single human being, Gordon M. Buehrig, other than the ...
      Categories
      Uncategorized
    3. First post

4. Corrado RS, Chapter 5 - Brakes

by , 04-16-2013 at 06:23 PM (Building a Corrado "RS")
      Before I chose the 'RS' moniker and the associated tuning direction, the Corrado began equipped with a custom set of 12” Wilwoods front and rear, purchased almost eight years ago. I wanted visual brake balance. I loved the idea of massive Brembo calipers upfront, but hated keeping the dinky 9” rear brakes, lost behind the center hub of any wheel larger than factory. While poking around the internet in Manhattan College's computer lab (I was still in college), I happened upon Precision Brake Company ...
    5. Corrado RS - H2O International 2012 Introspective

by , 04-16-2013 at 06:19 PM (Building a Corrado "RS")
      "Coastal Highway is eerily quiet, devoid of the cacophony of engines that had been running rampant into all hours of the night, not twelve hours earlier. The pavement looks like a battle field; gouges in the slightest elevation changes, oil stains following every manhole cover before turning into a side street. Evidence of the lost challenge between a lowered car and pavement. H2O International in Ocean City, Maryland was once again coming to a close, and as I drove north out of the beach town ...

Updated 04-16-2013 at 06:21 PM by Krazee

Categories
      Audi News Blog , Aftermarket & Tuner
    6. Golf 7 First Official Information

7. 2012 Mustang: 12k mile update

Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      I thought I'd update those who care about my 2012 Mustang GT--especially since the online reputation for the current mustangs isn't all that stellar. I know most of the attention has moved away from the Mustang, but I know there are several on this forum who have some level of interest in the most current version.

Almost a year ago I posted the following about the initial purchase of the mustang: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-V8-to-my-diet
      Categories
      Uncategorized
    8. Carlisle Truth in 24 II Screening Update: Free Movie Poster for RSVPed Guests + Other Updates

We were at Audi headquarters yesterday finalizing several details about our upcoming Audi Weekend in Carlisle PA May 18-20. Still more activities and announcements are pending but for now I can confirm some exciting details.

Truth in 24 II Posters for RSVPed Guests
      First, we've procured enough Truth in 24 II movie posters to cover everyone on our RSVP list. If you are planning on attending and haven't ...
      Categories
      Audi News Blog
    9. More Audi R5 News from Georg Kacher Piece about Porsche 551

Earlier this week we'd posted a story linking a Volkswagen Group chassis architecture guide published last week by Georg Kacher over at Automobile. Kacher's submitted another piece this week about the Porsche 551 - the so-called "Baby Boxster" that was slated to be a corporate cousin of the proposed Audi R5.

Kacher's got new details on 551, including ...
    10. Audi Club North America quattro de Mayo Event Report

If you've ever thought about joining a club like the Audi Club of North America and weren't sure why, here's one very good reason. quattro de Mayo is an event that combines your favorite German car with the legendary Tail of the Dragon and many, many more like-minded owners. This year's event (the eighth on record) just went down and writer Elaine Bak filed a report and gallery over at QuattroWorld.com. ...
      Categories
      Audi News Blog
    Page 1 of 100 123451151 ... LastLast