Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Reprogramming Keyless Entry Remote

1. 12-16-2003 02:20 PM #1
      I purchased a replacement hella remote for my passat. I have read countless websites and internet posts on how to reprogram the remote. All of which I have tried and none have worked. I know you need two keys and the FCC ID from the old remote must match the replacement. Is there anyone out there who knows how to program the remote for a 98 passat? I know the dealer would do it but it is a ridiculous price for something that should take about 3 minutes to do. Please help!!!

2. 12-16-2003 06:08 PM #2
      If the key is already programmed, you should find step by step instructions in your owners manual.

3. 12-17-2003 10:08 AM #3
      The key is programmed, but I do not have my owner's manual. I went to volkswagen to get a new one, but the guy from the service department said the manual does not explain reprogramming. He said only the dealer can reprogram them. Is this true? Or, is there someone who knows how to do this?

4. 12-17-2003 01:08 PM #4
      dude i'm in the same boat, I need to reprogram my keyless entry remote if you find out how lemme know pls Trickoutvw9@aol.com thanks

5. 12-17-2003 04:26 PM #5
      As long as the key is programmed (meaning it will unlock the vehicle using the key hole, and will start the ignition), then the following method should work. I took this from a 2003 manual, book 3.1, page 30.

Quote, originally posted by VW OWNERS MANUAL »

Manually Programing the Remote control

1 - Insert the master key into the ignition lock and switch on the ignition (don't start the engine!).

2 - Lock the vehicle from the outside manually using the second master key or valet key.

3 - Press button A (unlock) or C (Lock) on the remote control one time and then wait at least two seconds.

4 - Press either button again one time.

5 - Turn off the ignition and remove the key from the ignition lock.

The manual programming procedure is complete. The Remote Control is functional again.

Notes
      You only have 30 seconds to perform steps 2 through 4.

Each new key must be programmed as described above.

6. 12-17-2003 04:32 PM #6
      Corradodrvrfnd
      thanks for your help. i hope the programming works. i will try it and let you know if i am successful or not. thanks again.

7. 04-26-2008 02:14 PM #7
      BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP Worked perfectly. took a few trys but it worked perfectly! It is as easy as that!