Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 1125 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218581085081008 ... LastLast

Thread: How about the official Madison thread?!?

02-06-2004 07:43 AM #176
      Matt Matt Matt..... Why are you rolling the fenders on the Taco?
      AND, Speaking of a Madspeed GTG- FEnder rolling or whatever( ) the time is coming where we should do that, I,m thinking this weekend or next. Let me know......

02-06-2004 08:56 AM #177
      I gotta roll the fenders, that 's the only way I can get the 40's to fit...
      naw...lets wait till its gets warmer for a fender rolling gtg...plus I gotta wait till the ride arrives
      We could do but my weekends are pretty busy lately...
      BTW...why are you up so early for not having a job
      MADSPEED

02-06-2004 10:42 AM #178
      Had to call in sick..... we still need to hook up and set things for next summer and what not, what kind of a "gang" would we be yo if we didn't terrorize peeps every now and then? ("gang" was a direct quote from the mad caddy)

4. 02-06-2004 12:05 PM #179
      Hey all,
      My name is Corey Mielke. I'm the acting President of NEW Volksport up in Appleton. We're having a dyno day on Sun. May 2nd in Appleton (close to the mall) Below is some info.
      You can also get more by going to the NEW Volksport Resurection thread in the Midwest forum.
      Thanks all...sorry to hijack your thread!
      --------------------------------------------------------------
      We are tentatively on for the dyno day at 10:00am on May 2nd. Scott at EPM stated that we need at least 5 people to reserve the dyno for the day. SO...before I commit 100% to EPM...NEW Volksport will need $50 up front from at least 4 people (I'm #5.) Once at least $250 is in the bank, we will commit to the Dyno time.
      $50 will be for 3 pulls on the dyno...one to set up the car and make sure everything is secure and functioning properly. Then two full pulls. You will be able to make minor changes between pulls. To run an Air / Fuel ratio test you will be required to pay an additional $10 the day of the dyno. Not running the A/F test will not affect your ability to get HP / Torque runs on the dyno.
      You will be expected to pay up front to get runs on the dyno at $50. Everyone is welcome to show up and watch but you should not expect any runs on the dyno at club pricing without paying up front. If time allows EPM may let others run, but you will be paying EPM directly at full price.
      Once you get your $50 to the club, your spot is reserved. And you may choose which order you would like to run on a first come, first serve basis.
      There will be NO REFUNDS from the club. If you've already paid and cannot make it, YOU will be responsible for finding another person to run in your place. YOU will be responsible to collect from your replacement to reimburse yourself for any and all money you paid the club. YOU will be responsible for notifying the Club that you cannot make it and the name of the person that is running in your place. THE CLUB WILL NOT COLLECT MONEY FROM YOUR REPLACEMENT FOR REIMBURSEMENT TO YOU. The Club will not allow someone to run for you with out WRITTEN (paper or e-mail,) authorization. The Club will use your prepaid funds to pay EMP, and you will be reimbursed directly by your replacement. If you do not show up, and do not make any arrangements one of two things will happen with your money:
      1. EPM will be paid as if you ran.
      2. Then the money will go into the club bank account, to be used as the club sees fit.
      The above depends on whether we have the minimum requirements for the Dyno day.
      By sending your prepaid fee for the Dyno time you are agreeing to all the above terms, releasing NEW Volksport of any liability, and agreeing that there is no negotiation of the above terms.
      I'm working on getting a Paypal account set up that will go directly into the club bank account. (Allen, you and I are going to have to sit down some night. I should be in the Valley on Tue, and Fri. nights this coming week.)
      Until then you can send a Certified Check or Money Order (not personal check please,) payable to NEW Volksport and mail it to:
      NEW Volksport
      Co: Corey Mielke
      E1592 Murray Ln.
      Waupaca, WI 54981
      Please include your Full Name, full address, phone #, current e-mail address, VWVortex Id. Please include the year and model of VW, motor, list of modifications that should be on the car at the time of the dyno and estimated CRANK HP rating. (The dyno software is supposedly very accurate at predicting the crank hp from the wheel hp.)
      Ok, that all being said I would just like to explain that I'm sorry to have to set the rules up like this, but there is too much risk in the club or myself loosing money. These are simmilar to the policies the MN club uses, and we will follow their example. I want this to be a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone! I'm sure you all understand.
      I will hold the official list of paid members for the dyno day…as of right now it looks like this:
      CLICK HERE FOR DYNO DAY LIST
      Here's a link to info on the dyno it's self:
      CLICK HERE FOR DYNO MACHINE INFO
      I will update the list. Any list you see from someone other than myself is not valid.

Vehicles
      86 GTI, 89 BBM GTI, 98 Jetta
      02-06-2004 12:10 PM #180
      So we should pick a day this summer to take some reeeally good pictures of everyone's cars - together and individually. Any ideas on a good background location?
      P.S. Matt - that means you have to keep 'it' til at LEAST this summer!
      BEN'S VEEDUB SHOP
      MADSPEED
      ..i'll put firecrackers in your nutsack..and blow your ball$ all over your pants..

6. Member
      02-06-2004 12:11 PM #181
      I think we already have a dyno day coming up at the end of march through madcity|euro but I could be wrong..
      and btw, I like the MkI Jetta [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Modified by flippinvw at 11:12 AM 2-6-2004

02-06-2004 01:24 PM #182
      Good backdrops, Hmmmmmmm.......... Oh, and I like the "it" in quotes. HAHA! Hey flip- this is for you [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]

02-06-2004 01:59 PM #183
      I didn't realize how good of a deal we got on the dyno day till I read others dynoday prices ..

02-06-2004 02:19 PM #184
      Quote, originally posted by Madvwz »
      P.S. Matt - that means you have to keep 'it' til at LEAST this summer!

hopefully I can keep "it"...cuz "it" is the sh-"it"
      MADSPEED

10. Member
      02-06-2004 02:58 PM #185

Vehicles
      Something German
      02-06-2004 05:09 PM #186
      I hate missing out on inside jokes...
      If we want some good pictures, my suggestion is either lakeside somewhere or Kettle Morain (nort or sout, nort is better [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] )
      Eitherway, unless you look really hard, or like cows, you're going to have to drive a bit.
      oooooh, wait........ ........cows......hmmmmm
      ...anybody know a dairy farmer??
      -Todd ♪ ♫♪ ♫
      Owner, TS Detailing
      Professional Mobile Automotive Detailing
      Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25
      TCL - always a friendly place where mistakes are rewarded.

02-06-2004 06:20 PM #187
      we could take ben's camera and do a drive through inder the monona terrace, at night...again
      Jim do you have pics from that day? and Vilas park....man, that was like 6-7 years ago..
      We could always do some parking ramp shots...some cool sunset/sunrise shots would be cool too
      MADSPEED

02-06-2004 06:22 PM #188
      Quote, originally posted by Mechorg »
      I hate missing out on inside jokes...

yeah...sorry...sometimes no-one gets the inside jokes sometimes
      MADSPEED

Vehicles
      02-06-2004 06:49 PM #189
      Quote, originally posted by kweetech »
      we could take ben's camera and do a drive through inder the monona terrace, at night...again
      Jim do you have pics from that day? and Vilas park....man, that was like 6-7 years ago..
      We could always do some parking ramp shots...some cool sunset/sunrise shots would be cool too

Ben could stand in the freakin' median with the video camera again....heh...who has that tape, anyway?? . I'll bring my video cam, too....get some burnouts or racing around or whatever.
      Parking ramp sounds good - sunset pics are always nice...something about that setting sunlight hitting the paint....
      Co- worker of mine offered to do up a calendar/s cheap if there was enough interest...she has a bitchin' printer and binding machine. Food for thought.

Modified by Madvwz at 5:56 PM 2-6-2004

Modified by Madvwz at 6:09 PM 2-6-2004
      BEN'S VEEDUB SHOP
      MADSPEED
      ..i'll put firecrackers in your nutsack..and blow your ball$ all over your pants..

02-06-2004 07:09 PM #190
      Quote, originally posted by Madvwz »
      Co- worker of mine offered to do up a calendar/s cheap if there was enough interest...she has a bitchin' printer and binding machine. Food for thought.

oooh...would we get to stand by our cars ...or...we could hire some professionals
      MADSPEED

Vehicles
      02-06-2004 07:10 PM #191
      Dood - we go get some strippers to pose nekkid on the hood! Duh!
      BEN'S VEEDUB SHOP
      MADSPEED

02-06-2004 09:37 PM #192
      Heh Heh, Hire some professional whats? And how come I only heard the sunrise idea once ? The answers to these and many more nagging ?'s in the next episode of : The official madison thread..... Oh yeah, we need to have a GTG Soon...... Somebody pick a day for chrissake! --food- -for- -thought- -yo-

02-06-2004 09:53 PM #193
      some of us don't have all the free time you have
      MADSPEED

02-06-2004 10:21 PM #194
      Eat it fonzie.....I'm actually about to become a pretty bizy guy.....

Vehicles
      02-06-2004 10:31 PM #195
      Alright, how about the Sunday after Mofoco? July 11th. Everyone's cars will still be *pretty* from the day before.
      BEN'S VEEDUB SHOP
      MADSPEED

21. 02-06-2004 10:34 PM #196
      Hi all, I'm having a GLi parting party on Thursday Feb. 12th, 2004 (that's next thursday). Basically, I have an older 88 Jetta GLi that I want to part out. The problem is I only have access to a garage that has a space heater for 1 day and need to part it as fast as possible to junk the body. I've spoken to a few people on here about having some parts off of it.
      Here is my deal. Anyone that needs any a2/mk2 parts, you can have anything you can take off that is still up for grabs and have for FREE...FREE as in no money...but you DO HAVE TO WORK FOR IT. For every item you take off yourself and want to keep, you have to take off or help me take off at least 3 other items on the car.
      Here are things that I want to keep for myself...and some stuff i think a few other people are interested in.
      I am keeping the black GLi headliner and all parts pertaining to it.
      I am keeping the half warn Recaro seats and matching door cards.
      I am keeping the GLi seatbelt system.
      I am keeping the wiring mess for the power windows but not the power window motors.
      I'm keeping the starter, motor mounts and a few other things.
      no body parts that I want.
      I am keeping the wheels (I will sell either my current ronals or the teardrops on there now...which ever gets me more money)
      Macho_volks was possibly looking at the 1.8 16v head...as for the rest of the engine...its up for grabs
      Madvwz was interested in the heater control panel.
      Mad caddy 16v (ben?) was wondering about the passenger front power window motor...
      guys if you want these parts for free, you know what you need to do...I can get more pictures, these were all i have at the time (forgive the crappyness of the car...it was my first vw purchase...i learned the hard way...haven't learned everything...but learnin' at least)
      We'll have a lot of tools available but bring some of your own just in case.
      the garage belongs to a buddy of mine that lives in sun prairie. the exact address is 668 granite way, sun prairie, wi 53590. you guys can use mapquest to get directions...or contact me...IM me or email me at bhnguyen@wetwerks.org . we plan on starting pretty early in the morning.

And I'll provide the beers!

Modified by DjSuperChink at 9:28 PM 2-6-2004

Modified by DjSuperChink at 9:32 PM 2-6-2004

Vehicles
      '03 SVT Lightning
      02-06-2004 10:49 PM #197
      Im guessing it isnt a 2.0 block??? Ohh and if dude says no on the head let me know. I will def. show up to pull that baby for free.
      Man I hate Sun Praire. My car broke down there last summer and the guy at the Uhaul place made us go and buy the right trailor lights. I was so pissed that I had to tow my car home from there because of a busted wheel bearing, wheel hub and cv boot.

Modified by Cabby-Blitz at 9:52 PM 2-6-2004

02-07-2004 10:11 PM #198
      The day after MOFOCO would be ok if it doesn't rain or they're not racing in the dirt there.......

02-07-2004 10:55 PM #199
      hey keep me informed on that MCE dyno day so i can get the truck all warmed up.... [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      thanks

yea i need that fender roller too soon..
      madspeed oldskoolvw.com

vortex success does not equal car culture success.

25. 02-07-2004 11:09 PM #200
      What time is this happening?

Page 8 of 1125 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218581085081008 ... LastLast