Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 304 of 698 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
    Results 10,606 to 10,640 of 24430

Thread: Let's Start a Tattoo thread

Vehicles
      2009 Black Magic GTI
      03-31-2008 04:47 PM #10606
      maybe try out a diff lotion. i know ill go to walmart and get the plainest norm cheapest lotion and its always real thick and unscented found out it works the best for me

2. 03-31-2008 04:48 PM #10607
      damn my last tat got infected because I went out right after when I swtched into a pair of dirty jeans. I didn't even realize till my leg started to hurt. I gotta get it retouched pretty much all over...and a lot was blue so at least I had that going for me (blue seems to not take as well as some other colors do.)

kitty, no longer in Cali?

Vehicles
      2013 The Beetle, 2009 Genuine Stella 2T
      03-31-2008 04:51 PM #10608
      Quote, originally posted by JPawn1 »

kitty, no longer in Cali?

damn, hey, long time no talk. no i moved back to CT september of 2006. i guess you're not there anymore either! haha.

I my crazy dachshund

4. 03-31-2008 04:52 PM #10609
      i just use "tattoo goo" and have had awesome results...super minimal scabbing and by day 3 it usually starts to peel and within a week most of the peeling is done and looks pretty good.

i had 3 different sessions for a total of 9 hours done on my ribs and used it after each time and nothing else ( no other lotions) and have had great results.

Although i havent tried anything else, i def recomend it. it comes in a small tin and looks like a balm (sp?)

Vehicles
      03-31-2008 04:53 PM #10610
      Quote, originally posted by GTI_VR6_98 »
      maybe try out a diff lotion. i know ill go to walmart and get the plainest norm cheapest lotion and its always real thick and unscented found out it works the best for me

i've used lubriderm, cocoa butter, regular aveeno, this aveeno, bliss naked something or other... i have a freaking pharmacy in my bedroom and i'm always trying to find one that will cure my regular dryness, so i've used anything i have that's unscented. this one seems to work the best so far, but i'm open to any suggestions.

I my crazy dachshund

6. 03-31-2008 05:18 PM #10611
      Quote, originally posted by kitty »

damn, hey, long time no talk. no i moved back to CT september of 2006. i guess you're not there anymore either! haha.

ok cool. Yeah I moved to Miami in March '06...same type of place just more humidity and no hills.

and I don't know where to get tatooed here which sucks. (don't say Miami Ink )

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit, 10 passat wagon
      03-31-2008 09:12 PM #10612
      okay i need some insight on this guys. no matter how well/often i wash my tattoos in the first few days, i still end up with crust and scabs like this for like a week.

sorry for the grossness, haha. that was taken at day five i believe, about twenty minutes after a good wash before putting lotion on. we're at day nine now and it's about 80% peeled now, which is actually a lot better than they usually are at this point. sometimes it takes four to five weeks before they're done peeling.

should i chalk this up to my dry sensitive skin? any suggestions? i've talked to my artist about it, he says in the end everything is healing up fine so it's not a huge concern, and to just make sure i get all the slime off in the first day or two, which i feel like i'm doing, but maybe i'm not. i soap it up and rinse about four times, for about five minutes, i used a different soap this time too. in the past i used dial foam, and it seemed to sting and make it sore, i used softsoap with aloe and something or other thing time, it didn't sting and seemed to "relieve" it more than make it sore. i think the moisturizer in it may have helped too.

its not you, its whoevers chewing you up

Vehicles
      2009 Audi A4 2.0T
      03-31-2008 09:20 PM #10613
      damn... i use aquaphor for like 2 weeks and always heal without any problems....plus everything stays reallllly bright still

9. 03-31-2008 09:28 PM #10614
      Kitty,

Everyones skin's different so it might not be the tattooer. Here's what I do. Since my shop is a hour away. I drive home with the wrap still on, fill the skin/tub full of really warm/hot water. Then I wash the my arm in seperate water then submerge the tattooed area in it for about 10 minutes. From there i'll use a non-abrasive soap the further clean it.

My shop gives out small packets of a stuff called Fougera. Which to the best of my knowledge is very similar to aquaphor. It's a simple ointment that contains Bacitracin Zinc and some petroleum products. It's always helped all my tattoos to heal exceptionally well.

When I no longer have that, I go to Aquaphor and any other Bacitracin Zinc based product. I keep it moist, but not clogged and my arm heals almost fully in under a week.

Vehicles
      03-31-2008 09:33 PM #10615
      Quote, originally posted by xzanex »
      its not you, its whoevers chewing you up

no no no, not at all. my artist is amazing and completely reputable. it IS me, i guaranty you that. i just don't know if it's what i'm doing or if it's just my skin and nothing more can be done. an examination after tonight's shower, it's looking to be about 90% peeled. only a few of the more solid areas have a little left in the middle. so whatever i did this time worked much better than in the past.

here it is right now, as you can see it's MUCH better than the pictures above.

I my crazy dachshund

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      03-31-2008 09:36 PM #10616
      I scar suuuppper-easily.. is this something I should warn my artist about (first tat soon) or is it more about aftercare? he's pretty experienced so i'm not worried about the bad-technique-leading-to-issues stuff, i just don't know if there are any other considerations i should be aware of.. TIA!
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

12. 03-31-2008 09:39 PM #10617
      Alot of people have aversions to RED. It's the pigments and such its made with. So know that. I tend to not take red well. It takes forever to heal and usually has some fallout.

13. 03-31-2008 10:24 PM #10618
      I can tell you its not kitty's artist because I use the same guy. Everyone heals different. i use the same routine all the time, first few days wash then A+D, after that non scented hand lotion 2 or 3 times a day tops.

Vehicles
      2008 Audi A4 Avant S-line (The meat Wagon)
      04-01-2008 12:50 AM #10619
      Wow you guys take some serious over protection to your tats. I just finished my half sleeve. Colour and Grey/black. My artist told me to get this petrolatum jelly based stuff thats full of vitamin A, D3 and E. was told to put in on a few times a day, and then rub it off after about and hour or so. And to keep this up for about a week or so, till the scabs are off. After that i just put some regular non scented lotion on to help with the dryness once a day. Tattoo heeled up great, no colour loss, and no touch ups needed.
      .:Stage Awesome:.

15. Senior Member Muffler Bearing's Avatar
      Vehicles
      54 green, 73 blue, 77 gold, 84 brown
      04-01-2008 01:01 AM #10620
      Quote, originally posted by we jam econo »
      Alot of people have aversions to RED. It's the pigments and such its made with. So know that. I tend to not take red well. It takes forever to heal and usually has some fallout.

im one of them. i wanted to get a 3/4 sleeve in red but there goes that plan... back to square one

-j

A Rabbit is not to be wasted on the tentative or weak. Only the worthy are invited, and then only at your own risk. If you have even a modicum of hesitation, DO NOT buy one of these cars. Instead, leave it for a worthy soul who has already matriculated to the sublime ecstasy of what those in the know refer to as a "MK1"

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit, 10 passat wagon
      04-01-2008 01:28 AM #10621
      yea certain reds can vcause reactions.. ive had reactions to starbrite and eternal brand reds myself =[

==

sorry kitty. i take it back. looked more serious.. if you're healing up fine, then theres no problem, you might wanna try aquaphor, i usually heal on the rough/dry/itchy side.. but i was fully peeled in 3 days when i used it on my shin!

Vehicles
      '93 Cabriolet, black '01 TT 225Q autoX machine v2, '11 TDI coupe unicorn, '92 mariner blue meowta
      04-01-2008 01:32 AM #10622
      eee. i'm going to ask him to use only Stable inks (its one of his usual ones anyway) because of the non-animal ingredients. i still cant decide on colors so im hoping he has some ideas for me when i see the design wednesday (so excited!!)
      .: COOLWATER : Motorsport Chapter // I'm a loner, Dottie.. a rebel.
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      [maya]womp womp... (where did that piece of celery go?) kittah![/maya]

Vehicles
      '90 Audi 90 coupe quattro (f/s), '85 wolfsburg cabriolet, RIP '04 t-red .:R32 :(
      04-01-2008 01:52 AM #10623
      it's a crappy cell phone pic, but i just got this tonight

"Always the lover never the loved"

instagram @chupe
      Fckh8

Vehicles
      2011 Subaru WRX
      04-01-2008 12:29 PM #10624
      kitty i have the same healing problems, and i used this stuff called bagbalm and it worked good. but mostly i i just wash it and dont put anything on them and they heal up good

Vehicles
      04-01-2008 12:51 PM #10625
      Quote, originally posted by iizno0dles »
      kitty i have the same healing problems, and i used this stuff called bagbalm and it worked good. but mostly i i just wash it and dont put anything on them and they heal up good

eek, bagbalm is supposed to fade them! i'd be careful with how long you use that for. once in a while or for a short time may be fine, but my friend put it on a few times a day for a few months and her tattoo is totally gone now, which was her goal.

bagbalm is also used for a few other things that i will refrain from mentioning here, haha.

I my crazy dachshund

Vehicles
      2009 Black Magic GTI
      04-01-2008 12:59 PM #10626
      Quote, originally posted by Muffler Bearing »

im one of them. i wanted to get a 3/4 sleeve in red but there goes that plan... back to square one

-j

I am also one of them My skin bleeds alot of red out so once it heals i have to go back and get touch ups but its ok you cant notice it unless you are really really looking

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      04-01-2008 01:22 PM #10627
      I just use A&D ointment and then a healing lotion and have never had any problems. My wife is diabetic and she takes a bit longer to heal. As has been said, different people heal differently. I only get alot of scabbing when I have a large piece done in color. Smaller B&G pieces usually don't scab for me.
      Posts may not reflect the views of others, get over it.

Check out my really basic Fiat 500 board and let me know what you think: http://fiatcinquecento.freeforums.net/

23. 04-01-2008 02:00 PM #10628
      Quote, originally posted by BTM website »

TATTOO AFTERCARE
      1) Remove the bandage after approx. 3 hrs
      and wash gently with soap and water. (No Washcloth!)
      The first time you cleanse your new tattoo is very important,
      be sure to thoroughly remove all ointment.

2) When it's no longer slimey to the touch, gently pat dry with a towel.

3) After about a week (or when your tattoo begins to itch)
      apply a small amount of plain white lotion (fragrance free)
      once or twice a day to soothe the skin..

I followed this exactly off the baltimore tattoo museum on this one. So far, it's healing quite nicely. Not much itchiness. My skin takes to abuse pretty well so maybe I'm just lucky. But, the healing process hasn't been a problem at all and as far as I can tell, nothing has faded or changed...

Vehicles
      2009 Black Magic GTI
      04-01-2008 02:25 PM #10629
      Quote, originally posted by MeineFolks’wagen »
      I just use A&D ointment and then a healing lotion and have never had any problems. My wife is diabetic and she takes a bit longer to heal. As has been said, different people heal differently. I only get alot of scabbing when I have a large piece done in color. Smaller B&G pieces usually don't scab for me.

A&D is not that good to use. It doesnt let that tattoo breathe.....

Vehicles
      78 diesel rabit, 78 Audi Fox
      04-01-2008 02:31 PM #10630
      Sounds like VOLKSATAN's prediction for a FAQ section is playing out here. Seems like every person and artist has something that works for them and for every solution there is someone to say that they heard it was bad.

It's not bad, it just means that there are no firm solutions, do some research and see what works for yourself I guess.

Vehicles
      Mk4 Golf w/Jetta front & 09 Rabbit S
      04-01-2008 03:03 PM #10631
      Quote, originally posted by Zoso »
      Sounds like VOLKSATAN's prediction for a FAQ section is playing out here. Seems like every person and artist has something that works for them and for every solution there is someone to say that they heard it was bad.

It's not bad, it just means that there are no firm solutions, do some research and see what works for yourself I guess.

very true, i despise tattoo goo but i know a lot of people who swear by the stuff. personally i just use lubiderm and once its starting to scap and peel i start using aveeno for extra dry skin.

Kitty, trust me, its not just you. 4-5 days after getting a fresh tattoo thats exactly what mine look like too.. it grosses me out haha.. it was the weirdest with my clover on my back, it'd itch and i'd poke at it(NOT SCRATCH) and huge pieces of colored skin would flake off.... The stuff you're usin now *based on last pic shown* makes it look much better! And btw, probably one of the coolest tattoos i've seen

27. 04-01-2008 03:09 PM #10632
      Quote, originally posted by Zoso »

amen. just find what works for you.

Vehicles
      04-01-2008 03:22 PM #10633
      Quote, originally posted by OrangesAnonymous »

Kitty, trust me, its not just you. 4-5 days after getting a fresh tattoo thats exactly what mine look like too.. it grosses me out haha.. it was the weirdest with my clover on my back, it'd itch and i'd poke at it(NOT SCRATCH) and huge pieces of colored skin would flake off.... The stuff you're usin now *based on last pic shown* makes it look much better! And btw, probably one of the coolest tattoos i've seen

okay that's what i want to hear, that i'm not the only one getting gross, lol. i know everyone will be different, but i'm hoping i'm not the only one all crusty and flaky

and thanks

I my crazy dachshund

04-01-2008 03:31 PM #10634
      my artists instructions are just like BTM, except he insists the wrap stay on for at least 6 hours, I usually leave it on overnight if i had an evening session. Curel plain white unsented lotion, and that first wash is with dawn dish soap, really takes off the goo fast. I've healed perfect everytime no scabbing at all.

Modified by EuroVR6 at 1:33 PM 4-1-2008

04-01-2008 09:23 PM #10635
      Quote, originally posted by ...Franco »
      I can tell you its not kitty's artist because I use the same guy. Everyone heals different. i use the same routine all the time, first few days wash then A+D, after that non scented hand lotion 2 or 3 times a day tops.

that's my prescription too. after third day, Eucerin till it fully heals and even after that....

(simplistic87scirocco here...name changed! )

April 19th baby!!! can't wait for more ink and lots of it i hope!

31. Member
      Vehicles
      1956 IH S-110 Hot rod, 1973 Morris Mini 1000, 1990 VW Jetta GL
      04-01-2008 09:38 PM #10636
      I got this last Tuesday, and also just finished my second. I'll get pics tomorrow when I take off the bandage and clean it up.

32. 04-02-2008 12:57 AM #10637

okay that's what i want to hear, that i'm not the only one getting gross, lol. i know everyone will be different, but i'm hoping i'm not the only one all crusty and flaky

and thanks

yeah ur tat looks fine to me, just a bit dry. They say they should flake in layers. I had huge nasty scabs in the ditch of my arm but I just let it be and it healed up fine. by the way i freaking LOVE that skull.

Vehicles
      04-02-2008 08:39 AM #10638
      thanks

at this point (12 days) it's down to just a few tiny little spots of scabbing, none more than a quarter inch, it should be good to go in a couple days!

I my crazy dachshund

34. 04-02-2008 08:44 AM #10639
      It also helps that Adam's tattoo's heal quite well. The piece I got from him healed up super quick compared to the piece from Gunnar which was done 2 days later.

35. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      04-02-2008 02:35 PM #10640
      Quote, originally posted by GTI_VR6_98 »

A&D is not that good to use. It doesnt let that tattoo breathe.....

Huh - like I said, never had any problems using it....

Posts may not reflect the views of others, get over it.

Check out my really basic Fiat 500 board and let me know what you think: http://fiatcinquecento.freeforums.net/

Page 304 of 698 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast