Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 698 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Start a Tattoo thread

1. 02-18-2004 12:59 PM #141
      i've wanted something celtic for quite some time (meaning i've been looking at celtic tattoo's to consider getting since i was 16) and this one i kind of fell in love with. yeah, someone else has it, but the design is just kind of me i guess. i have been looking at ways to change it and make it original, so we'll see what happens. i still have a couple months to go before i get it done.

02-18-2004 04:15 PM #142
      http://bme.freeq.com/tattoo/celtic001.html

here's a site to get an idea for celtic tattoos

Vehicles
      Bagged R32T
      02-18-2004 04:22 PM #143
      I'd be pretty pissed if someone got the same tattoo as me. I came up with the idea myself and had the artist draw it up. so if someone elase got it I would be mad.

Vehicles
      Currently '06 Audi A3 2.0T & 97 Jetta w/MK4 Dash
      02-18-2004 04:49 PM #144
      i know people have something SIMILAR to mine especially since it was on a bouncing souls album...
      but its still different from anyone elses souls tat and deffiantly different from anynoes dub tat..
      its MY TAT
      and noone has the flames im rockin

Vehicles
      06 Audi A6, 97 VW GTI VR6, 90 VW Jetta GLI
      02-18-2004 05:10 PM #145
      not very good pics, but here's the outline... i am the one in the middle.

well atleast you can see part of it.

Stumblers C.C. (VA Chapter)

"I'll fight for my brothers. I'll die for my family. Don't preach about peace. Cause it just seems like fear to me" - D.B.D.

Vehicles
      2013 The Beetle, 2009 Genuine Stella 2T
      02-18-2004 05:35 PM #146
      Quote, originally posted by Jedi801 »
      I'd be pretty pissed if someone got the same tattoo as me. I came up with the idea myself and had the artist draw it up. so if someone else got it I would be mad.

definitely.

all mine are pretty standard, and i've seen them on other people... but i can't complain. i've got two simple generic stars on my wrists, a VW emblem, and a little black bat which i pulled from flash.

i ran into a guy i went to high school with a couple years ago and he ask me if i had gotten any more tattoos. i showed him my stars and he thought for a minute and told me a guy he knew had almost the same ones, but yellow instead of blue. he finally thought of the guy's name, and it happened to be a guy i dated a few years before. kinda random. the VW emblem, well, it's a VW emblem. the bat was taken from a large "haunted castle" looking piece of flash. he was just hovering up in the corner and i fell in love with him. i don't like it much anymore, but oh well.

the only other things i'm considering doing are most likely on tons of people out there already anyhow. cherries, been done many times. i'm thinking a tiny hello kitty would be cute. or some sort of other cat, maybe a black line sketch of the silhouette of a cat.

I my crazy dachshund

7. 02-18-2004 06:24 PM #147
      if i found someone else with stars like me, i would be pissed too.....

Vehicles
      02-18-2004 06:33 PM #148
      Quote, originally posted by homeless »
      if i found someone else with stars like me, i would be pissed too.....

huh? if you read what i wrote, i said mine are pretty generic. of course someone else could have what i have, that doesn't bother me. i wouldn't like if someone went out and deliberately got what i have though. especially if it was something really personalized, designed just for/by me.

anyhow... sites like BME are good for sparking your imagination for designs, but you don't print out someone tattoo and go to a shop and ask for that.

I my crazy dachshund

9. 02-18-2004 06:44 PM #149
      Quote, originally posted by kitty »

huh? if you read what i wrote, i said mine are pretty generic. of course someone else could have what i have, that doesn't bother me. i wouldn't like if someone went out and deliberately got what i have though. especially if it was something really personalized, designed just for/by me.

anyhow... sites like BME are good for sparking your imagination for designs, but you don't print out someone tattoo and go to a shop and ask for that.

i was being totally sarcastic with what i said since i have about 9 stars on my body total. i don't care if i see other people with stars unless they are the same color, same size, same location, and same unique design as what I have.

02-19-2004 12:59 PM #150
      Quote, originally posted by homeless »

i was being totally sarcastic with what i said since i have about 9 stars on my body total. i don't care if i see other people with stars unless they are the same color, same size, same location, and same unique design as what I have.

yea, i got 30 stars

but 27 of em are wrapped around my elbow

11. 02-20-2004 02:04 AM #151
      I would have to say probably at least half of the people on vortex that have tattoos have a star on their body somewhere. in the tattoo scene, its probably one of the most common things to tattoo. if you like em. you get em. just add your own little spice to it. i have stars tattooed on me, and they are on my inner wrists. i have a blue one and a purple one. one looks as it was stitched into me and the other riveted. i was going to have them done on the top as well, so it looked like they were going thru my whole wrist. if you get my point. do whatever the heck you want. if u like it get it. your the one who is gonna have to live with it forever. im not condoneing stealing ideas. not at all, i don't want someone walking around with the same ink as me. but if for some reason it really calls out to u. i say go for it.

12. 02-20-2004 11:02 AM #152
      Quote, originally posted by iiznoodles »
      that looks nice

ok, random question: how old is everyone? (i feel like im the youngest in here)

Modified by iiznoodles at 11:21 AM 2-14-2004

yeah, im 19 too... got my first a month after my 18th, will turn 20 in four months and im up to 4... money is the only thing stopping me.

Buy my boy's Passat

J V 2.5: A daily family bike hauling comfort unmodded joy to drive.

13. 02-20-2004 12:15 PM #153

definitely.
      he finally thought of the guy's name, and it happened to be a guy i dated a few years before. kinda random. WOW!

a tiny hello kitty would be cute. or some sort of other cat, maybe a black line sketch of the silhouette of a cat.

Felix would be cool...
      Oh, and just turned 27...
      I have alot of work I want to get done.....I cab think of 4-5 right off the bat

Modified by vwaudichris at 11:17 AM 2-20-2004

Vehicles
      02-20-2004 12:24 PM #154
      Quote, originally posted by vwaudichris »

Felix would be cool...

ehh, not a big felix fan. i like girly kitties

I my crazy dachshund

Vehicles
      63 Panel Camper Bus, 02 Volvo XC70
      02-20-2004 07:23 PM #155
      Here are mine...

On my lower back

And my stomach

Katie

02-20-2004 08:43 PM #156
      cool tats

17. 02-21-2004 09:28 AM #157
      i almost got a felix tattoo back in the day. thats kinda funny

18. 02-21-2004 10:23 AM #158
      I've always liked Felix.....

That Bus one is really cool!

19. 02-21-2004 01:34 PM #159

Tattoos are cool and all but what about when you go for a job interview and there is a huge star on your neck? What do you think the interviewers are going to think/say? I know quite a few jobs that dont allow visible tattos in the workplace. Like you couldnt already guess, I will never get a tattoo. I think the art is really really cool, but it is just too permanent. i.e. Felix the cat may have been cool several years ago, but in a couple years people wont even remember who it was.

Vehicles
      02-21-2004 01:50 PM #160
      Quote, originally posted by jettaivglxvr6 »

Tattoos are cool and all but what about when you go for a job interview and there is a huge star on your neck? What do you think the interviewers are going to think/say? I know quite a few jobs that dont allow visible tattos in the workplace. Like you couldnt already guess, I will never get a tattoo. I think the art is really really cool, but it is just too permanent. i.e. Felix the cat may have been cool several years ago, but in a couple years people wont even remember who it was.

well, first of al felix has been around for quite a long time, so don't count on nobody knowing who he is in a few years. that's like saying, "well sure, mickey mouse is big now, but what about in a few years?"

anyhow. i've got a big star on each wrist and i can show them at work no problem. i've got the VW emblem on my back, that doesn't really show much with a collared shirt, but i guess if i tilt my head forward it's a little bit visible. as for the bat, well i wear long pants and usually boots too, so there's no problem. but i DO have to take my tongue ring out, even though the guy at the next desk doesn't have to

I my crazy dachshund

02-21-2004 02:18 PM #161
      im glad i dont have to dress differently for work

i think every job i've had, i've been able to wake up and throw on whatever clothes i can find and have any color hair, any piercings, and visible tattoos and not have a problem except people asking whats wrong with me

22. 02-21-2004 02:22 PM #162

well, first of al felix has been around for quite a long time, so don't count on nobody knowing who he is in a few years. that's like saying, "well sure, mickey mouse is big now, but what about in a few years?"

anyhow. i've got a big star on each wrist and i can show them at work no problem. i've got the VW emblem on my back, that doesn't really show much with a collared shirt, but i guess if i tilt my head forward it's a little bit visible. as for the bat, well i wear long pants and usually boots too, so there's no problem. but i DO have to take my tongue ring out, even though the guy at the next desk doesn't have to

but where exactly do you work? like what kinda job is it??? i'd LOVE to get a tattoo one of these days, but puttin' it in certain places for my future career (school teacher/administrator) would be very prohibtive

23. 02-21-2004 02:52 PM #163
      I have made sure all my tattoos would be covered up if i had to wear a suit. If i get a shorts and t-shirt job then oh well.

24. 02-21-2004 04:18 PM #164
      If they're gonna be stuffy enough about having non-offensive art on your body, you probably don't want to work for them anyways!

25. 02-21-2004 07:22 PM #165
      i guess i'll put up a few of mine.

more at

http://nickd.dyndns.org:88/photos/tattoos/

26. 02-21-2004 08:14 PM #166

I actually have a office job with a big name company

And I could honestly careless what anyone thinks about me or anything I have done to myself. Besides my hair is long enough to cover it up.

I guess I got lucky with my job and not really having to worry about my tattoos or my piercings.

Modified by BethS at 8:18 PM 2-21-2004

02-22-2004 03:34 AM #167
      Quote, originally posted by inconsiderateme »
      i guess i'll put up a few of mine.

http://nickd.dyndns.org:88/pho...e.jpg
      http://nickd.dyndns.org:88/pho...r.jpg
      http://nickd.dyndns.org:88/pho...m.jpg
      more at

http://nickd.dyndns.org:88/photos/tattoos/

dude your art is freaking awesome!!

i cant exactly see, but whats inside of the birds on your chest?

28. 02-22-2004 10:30 AM #168
      skulls

29. Member
      Vehicles
      basically every mk1,2,3
      02-22-2004 11:19 AM #169
      just got the rest of my half sleeve outlined lastnight. pics soon i guess
      caddy swap in progress
      09 6spd MCS
      98 TDI jetta
      german flag rabbit (crushed)
      G.I. Gti (sold)

Vehicles
      02-22-2004 12:49 PM #170
      Quote, originally posted by DJMadhatter »

but where exactly do you work? like what kinda job is it??? i'd LOVE to get a tattoo one of these days, but puttin' it in certain places for my future career (school teacher/administrator) would be very prohibtive

not even in an office, i work with customers all day

i sell cars

I my crazy dachshund

02-22-2004 01:17 PM #171
      oh so you did get a job selling cars?

cool

32. Member
      Vehicles
      basically every mk1,2,3
      02-22-2004 07:39 PM #172

[img]http://www.hostdub.com/albums/xcrament/101_0116.sized.jpg/img]

i took these pics by myself so they are kinda crappy but you get the idea. my shakey hand and the flash make the colors look poor,but one more sitting and it will be done. all work done by Don Juan at Olde City Tattoo in philly.

caddy swap in progress
      09 6spd MCS
      98 TDI jetta
      german flag rabbit (crushed)
      G.I. Gti (sold)

02-22-2004 08:39 PM #173
      yea you definately need to get a whole arm shot, cuz it all just looks cluttered

34. 02-23-2004 01:05 AM #174
      I have tattoos on my wrists and also on my forearm. I have a job, where if the person doesn't feel comfortable with me I loose their business, and a big part of my paycheck. So, if I am having a meeting with a prospective client, I long sleeve it, and dress pants, or a long skirt, (got some on my legs too) I have to keep that tattoos covered, and the piercings out to write my paycheck. There is no way in hell my tattoos are going to keep me from making money.
      For the girl with that tats on her neck she can always wear a turtle neck to cover them up, just as long as they aren't facial or hand tattoos, your tattoos should never ever ever keep you from getting a job.

35. 02-23-2004 06:08 PM #175
      INCONSIDERATEME,hot anchors,inner elbow sucks,least favorite spot ive ever gotten tatood......XCRAMENT_are you still edge,sorry for asking,i thought i would be forever too....JETTAIVGLXVR6.....f what people remember,a positive aspect of permenant scars is that each,(whether or not we realize it at the time)is a rememberance of times past.its an aspect of what we were,a kid on this forum has a user name that states it how it is.life love regret.im sleeved and randomly covered,i also have neck tattoos,in the military police corp,im hated.big ups to tattood neck girl,i have nauticals in my armpits.ill post pics,i just hate it when people care about whats not on their body.
      LE6B

Page 5 of 698 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast