Thanks, I was just editing a similar post myself:
Welcome to the VAG-COM Diagnostics Forum on VWVortex. This forum is sponsored by Ross-Tech, the creators of the VAG-COM Diagnostic System for VW/Audi/SEAT/Skoda.
This forum is intended to foster discussion of diagnostic problems and procedures related to the use of the VCDS and VCDS-Lite (formerly known as VAG-COM). There are some rules that will ensure all users have the most pleasant and informative experience here.
First of all, this forum is on VWVortex and all users must abide by the VWVortex Forum Rules
There are also rules specific to this forum that must be followed:
1) Posting or asking for illegal copies of any software whatsoever, or asking for passwords or cracks is strictly forbidden. If it comes to our attention that you're using a pirated version of any software, your thread will be locked and/or black-holed.
2) Questions about design and construction of home-made interfaces are Off-Topic, as are connection problems if you're using a home-made interface or a 3rd party interfaces. If you can't get your aftermarket interface to work, contact your hardware supplier for assistance.
3) Advertising of 3rd party Interfaces or competing hardware/software is forbidden.
4) Keep posts on-topic! If it doesn't have anything to do with computer diagnostics of VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda cars, don't post it.
5) When posting questions related to a problem you are having with a particular car, always state the exact make/model/year/engine of car you are having a problem with. Also state any modifications you have made to the car. Incomplete information will often get you no answer, or worse yet, the wrong answer.
6) When posting questions involving fault codes or modifications you wish to make, please post a complete complete Auto-Scan from a current version of VCDS or VCDS-Lite. We do not wish to guess what control modules are installed in your car or how they are currently configured. If you're not using VCDS or VCDS-Lite, you're in the wrong forum. If you refuse to post a real scan, the moderators here reserve the right to lock your thread.
7) When posting questions related to VCDS itself, always state the version number (you can find it on the Opening Screen and the About Screen) and details about the PC (make/model/CPU/Operating-System). Make sure you are using a current version of VCDS or VCDS-Lite.
9) Questions about aftermarket Xenon headlights are off-topic in this forum. Please use the Lighting Forum for that.