Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The original recipe thread

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      12-22-2009 11:03 AM #211
      No pics for this, but I made chicken soup this week with a home made stock and skimmed fat for chicken gravy with chicken and waffles.

Stock Ingredients:
      1 large chicken (They have the Tyson Roasters at our local grocery)
      1 leek
      1 onion
      5-6 carrots
      1 whole head of garlic (not sure the correct name)
      plenty of crushed black peppercorn
      salt
      water

Directions for this are easy, cute the leek and onion into chunks and toss the rest of the ingredient in the pot. Pour enough water into the pot to completely cover the chicken. You want the whole chicken too, that means all the other bits that come with it. Turn the heat up and simmer for a long long time. I think we only went 3-4 hours though. Refridgerate afterwards.

My Chicken soup recipe:
      Pot o' stock
      2 leeks
      1 onion
      whole thing of celery
      7-8 potatoes
      bunch of fresh basil
      other herbs and spices you feel like adding.

Skim the fat off the stock. I saved mine for chicken gravy. Pour the stock pot contents through a strainer into another pot or container that'll hold it, you'll want one that'll catch as much of the bits as possible. I threw out all the extra chicken bits(organs) and the veggies that were in the stock and kept the chicken on the side. Place the stock onto the stove and heat it on low to get things moving.

From there I cleaned and picked the chicken, removed the skin, fat, etc... and tossed all the meat into the stock. Microwave the potatoes, 7 minutes is perfect in my microwave (but if you like crunchy pots, fix 'em however you want). Whil they're microwaving, chop the basil fine and toss it into the stock. I probably had about 1/4 cup of basil in mine. I like basil. Cut up the 2 leeks and the onion and the celery and put it all into the stock. I usually use large chunks when fixing this type of soup. I like chunks.

Potatoes are done. Cut those up and toss them in the pot.

I got mine to boil and then turned the heat down so it would simmer and let it go for about and hour. Then it should be ready to eat.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan, 1982 Alfa Spider, Cannondale R700
      12-22-2009 11:13 AM #212
      Invented this last night.

Beer + sausage pasta.

1 small onion diced
      2 cloves of garlic chopped
      2 fresh tomatoes diced
      4 tbsp sundried tomatoes chopped
      3-4 tbsp oil from sundried tomatoes
      1 bottle beer - preferably some kind of light ale (i.e. i used Keiths India Pale Ale)
      3 Italian sausages, home made style preferably
      1 pinch fennel seeds
      1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried)
      S&P to taste

Heat SDT oil in a large sauce pan on med
      Add onion, cook 1-2 mins
      Add tomato, garlic, and SDT
      One tomato begins to break down, reduce heat to simmer
      Add spices, but not basil
      Add 1/2 bottle of beer, and let reduce

In a separate pan, fry sausages until golden and delicious
      Set sausages aside for 10 minutes
      Slice sausages into large medallions, approx 1/4" thick
      Add to simmering sauce

Cook 2 cups of whatever pasta

Drain pasta + add to sauce, mix

Plate, top with fresh basil + grated parmesan.

Yum!

CLICK HERE to vote for my LEGO Front Loader Garbage Truck project on LEGO Ideas!

Vandelay Industries - Specializing in Latex since 1992.

Vehicles
      GTI | CX9
      01-14-2010 03:20 PM #213
      Bought some pork chops because the price was right... here's what I did with 'em... ended up fantastic!

-Heavy pan, high heat, oil
      -chops went in to brown, covered in salt and pepper
      -while browning, mix maple syrup, dijon mustard, garlic and some chili flakes in a bowl
      -lower heat and add glaze over chops, cover
      -once glaze begins to thicken, crank the heat and splash in some balsamic vinegar to clean up the pan
      -spoon glaze over chops careful not to let it burn
      -serve

Only thing I might do differently next time is add some almond slivers.

Modified by audiphile at 10:54 PM 1-14-2010

dasjettakartell - immortalized on the wall, forgotten on the floor

#HOTTESTCHICKINTHAGAME

Vehicles
      '96 Porsche 911 Carrera 4, '10 CC Sport DSG
      01-15-2010 02:44 AM #214
      Rich's Pugh's Margherita Pizza from scratch (mostly) WITHOUT a dough mixer.

I wont give you the exact secret dough recipe because it's one of those things I just refuse to do... LOL... but I'll do the best I can.

DOUGH: (Makes for three, 10" pizzas)
      16oz King Arthur BREAD flour (or just about any flour with a gluten level around 13%)
      70% (11.2oz) warm liquid mix (consisting of water and other liquids... water only is just fine)
      2-1/2 tsp active dry yeast
      1-3/4 tsp salt

With 11.2oz of warm water or liquid mix (around 100 degrees Fahrenheit) in a container, add 2-1/2 tsp of dry active yeast and wait for a few moments until you see some yeast activity, i.e., bubbles. Then, drop a pinch of flour into the liquid/yeast mix (just about a teaspoons worth, not enough to skew the ratios) and mix/stir until yeast granules are all or mostly all dissolved.

In a large bowl, add the 16oz of KA Bread flour and the 1-3/4 tsp of salt and dry mix. Dig a hole in the center of the dry flour/salt mix and gently pour in the liquid mix. Slowly mix in the flour, stirring in from the outside. After about 4 "stirs" it's beyond the point of delicate mixing... so just mix the crap out of it using a stiff spoon or something, trying to get all the residue off the bowl's sides and into the mix.

After it's just friggin' impossible to mix with a hand held utensil, dig it out and plop it on a lightly floured, clean countertop. Fold it over and knead with the heel of your palm, repeating this step while rotating the dough all the while. If it gets sticky, lightly sprinkle a pinch of flour on the dough ball and continue kneading for 10-12 min or until it is generally smooth and well kneaded.

Form it into a nice neat round ball, plop it into a lightly oiled bowl large enough to allow it to double in bulk (after rising) and let rise out on the counter for 1 hour, in the bowl, covered by a towel and maybe even a plate on top of the towel.

It will be twice its original size after about an hour so just gently dig it out of the bowl, plop it on a lightly floured countertop, knead a couple times to remove the large air pockets, separate into three 9-1/4oz-ish parts, ball those 3 individually, stick em on a lightly floured plate, sprinkle some flour on the tops of the 3 balls, cover with plastic wrap and let cold-rise overnight in the fridge (you might want to even put some plastic wrap between them so they dont rise into each other).

SAUCE: (makes enough for about nine, 10" pizzas and keeps in the fridge for about a week... so maybe make 3 batches of dough this week haha)
      One 35oz can of Whole Peeled italian plum tomatos packed in basil and juice (San Marzanos or DOP SM is ideal but not imperative)
      1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
      A few fresh grinds of the pepper mill
      A few pinches of sea salt
      A few shakes of crushed red peppers (adjust to level of heat desired)

Forget seeding the tomatoes or anything... All together, in something like the Ninja Master Prep (which my girlfriend got for christmas and its awesome!) or a standard blender, processor or even with an immersion blender... simply "Blip" the processor momentarily several times to get the consistency of a sauce without chunks but with some tomato texture left. Do Not Cook this sauce. it will cook in the oven, ON the Pizza!

Cheese:
      I have been using a small block of low moisture, part skim Mozzarella. I slice the block into 1/2" pieces, then cube those slices out into about 1/2" x 1/2" cubes, more or less. You can use fresh mozzarella that was packaged in water but you will want to dry the balls or pre-cut slices before you cube them and surely before you top your pizza and bake it.

Toppings:
      The Cheese, The Sauce, EVOO, Sea Salt, Fresh Basil Leaves (no stems please!)
      The most important thing is if youre putting the basil leaves on prior to baking (which I usually do), that you get them moist either with the tomato sauce and/or with a generous drizzle of the olive oil. This keeps the basil from burning in the oven.

Building the pizza for baking:
      Bring the dough(s) out of the fridge maybe 30 minutes before youre ready to cook them to get to room temp. Take a "Ball" and plop it down on a lightly floured countertop and sprinkle a pinch of flour on the top too. "Punch" down the ball into a fat disk, leaving the edge of the disk shell with some thickness. You just want to either hand/finger press or fist press it flat and lightly spread the dough until you've reached about a diameter of a standard dinner plate.

Spoon on 3-4 tbsp of sauce and spoon spread it around the dough until its covered, leaving a halo for the crust. More of less sauce is personal preference.

Place the cheese on sparingly (I used a bit much on this one) and feel free to use shredded cheese as long as you dont completely opaque out the sauce with it.

Place a few fresh leaves of basil on top. Please no stems!

Drizzle a generous bit of EVOO all over the top of the pizza, except for the crust halo, making sure to get the basil leaves wet.

Sprinkle some sea salt on the entire pizza... just a pinch is ok.

Baking:
      In a crappy, 30 year old electric oven, crank that POS to 550 or as high as it gets, and if you dont have a pizza stone (which I do not) or a perforated pizza pan (which I am using here), you can use a pre-heated cookie sheet. In any other oven besides a gas fired, bakers pride commercial deck pizza oven, I have no experience baking this pizza LOL

Should turn out something like this...

It's an iPhone pic so the browning looks darker than it really is. It's about as good a char as I could get from my dough and my oven combo LOL

Modified by RichPugh at 2:53 AM 1-15-2010

"Family Feud with Steve Harvey is awesome"

5. 02-19-2010 11:25 PM #215
      College student "date night" Feta Chicken

One batch is usually 2-3 breasts, 1 breast per person

Chicken breast, You want to use the most voluminous breasts
      Bacon (cook prior)
      4oz crumbled feta, 1 package
      3 table spoons sour cream
      oregano,ground pepper, lime to taste.

In a bowl mix; Crumble the cooked Bacon into small chunks, Feta, sour cream, and seasoning.

Make a small incision into the breast (I make 2 small opposing incisions and build an internal "pocket" using my fingers)

Fill the "pocket" with mix from the bowl, keep in mind the incision needs to maintain small but cram the breast as full with filling as sane.

Use some tooth pics to close the incision.

bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes. I cook it in a ceramic dish but a pan that is lubricated would work as well.

This is a lunch/dinner meal, great for leftovers.

Expect about 10 - 15 minutes prep time

Modified by jetta2dr16v at 7:20 PM 4-21-2010

6. Member
      Vehicles
      01 TT 225
      04-02-2010 01:42 AM #216
      Side Pork and Green Beans with white rice and Thai chili dip

This recipe is super easy and super tasty (and super bad for you)

All you need for the pork and green beans is

one pack of side pork (should be sliced like bacon at your grocery store)
      Fresh green beans from the produce section
      salt
      MSG-Optional

Cut the pork into 1 inch pieces, and fry it up. While the pork is frying wash and cut the beans into 2 inch pieces (I cut them slanted to look nicer and get rid of the tips of each bean). Once the pork is just about cooked add in the beans (do not drain the grease off). There should be a generous amount of beans in comparison to the pork but really it is however you like it. Add in a bit of salt (I also add MSG but a lot of people don't like it). Once the beans are cooked to your liking and the pork is crispy the dish is done. Serve with white rice (I never use minute rice...big no no in my book).

the pork fat fries the beans nicely and tastes delicious.

Thai chili dip

I personally also eat this with about 5- 6 FRESH Thai chilies, a nice handful of cilantro, one piece green onion (chopped first), salt, msg, and a tsp water. Add all ingredients except water to a mortar, crush till the peppers are pretty well crushed but not pasty or liquid (don't have to crush the hell out of it), add water, and stir. This is a very spicy mixture that is delicious with just about all pork and beef dishes you can think of as a side dip to add nice flavor and heat. Use in small amounts very hot

Modified by jwalker1.8 at 12:44 AM 4-2-2010

04-29-2010 08:51 PM #217
      simple side dish: saute canned mushrooms & a spoonful or two of garlic spread in a small pan for 10 or so minutes. toss on some cracked pepper & sea salt and serve

+

=

Modified by autobahmer at 7:53 PM 4-29-2010

Vehicles
      1999 Cosmic Green Jetta TDI
      04-30-2010 05:39 PM #218
      Black Bean, Edamame and Wheat Berry Salad

Ingredients:
      * 4 cups water
      * 1/2 cup dry wheat berries

* 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
      * 1 cup chopped tomato
      * 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
      * 3 tablespoons oil
      * 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
      * salt & pepper

Directions:
      Combine water and wheat berries in saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat,cover and simmer for 55 minutes or until tender.

Place in strainer and run cool water over.

Combine with rest of ingredients and refrigerate.

Quote Originally Posted by KahviVW View Post
      Wow, TCLers are not a photogenic bunch
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      My god...this thread is pure homosexual excellence.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      1986 IDI Golf, 329K Miles.
      10-25-2010 08:44 PM #219
      One 15 oz can black beans.
      1/2 hot chorizo sausage opened up, buy the kind that has the consistency of hamburger.
      Chopped up cilantro to taste.
      1/2 diced medium onion.
      Water to suit.

Combine ingredients including the black bean liquid in a sauce pan, simmer for 10 minutes.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      10-25-2010 09:00 PM #220
      One cup dry navy or mayakoba beans, soaked in water overnight.
      Diced bacon or your choice of sausage; quantity to taste.
      1/2 cup light brown sugar.
      1 heaping tbsp BBQ sauce.
      1/2 diced medium onion.
      If you have some you can try 1/2 tsp Wrights liquid smoke, a dash of hot sauce, 1 level tsp molasses if you used a red, not a dark BBQ sauce.

Simmer ingredients in enough water until the beans are soft. Slow cooker works good.
      Last edited by Tinker Toy; 03-15-2011 at 02:43 PM.

11. 11-09-2010 04:40 PM #221
      great hangover food. this is about the quantities I used for 3 people this past weekend

- 8 soft corn tortillas
      - 8 eggs
      - veggie or canola oil
      - 1lb chorizo
      - can jalapeno black beans
      - 1 package southwestern style suddenly potatoes hashbrowns
      - a few fresh jalapenos, anaheims, poblanos, etc..
      - 8oz of mexican style cheese
      - 3 green onions, diced
      - sour cream
      - salsa or fresh pico

Cook the chorizo until done and set aside in a good size, microwavable bowl, add the beans to that and mix together. cut the tortillas in 1" strips, and then in half. beat two eggs and dredge the tortillas through the mixture, then fry until crispy in the oil. set aside on paper towell lined plates. Cook the hashbrowns until done. Zap the chorizo/ bean mixture until hot. layer the the tortilla strips, hashbrowns and chorizo/ bean mixture on plates and top with cheese, greens onions and salsa. I did the remaining 6 eggs scrambled with the fresh peppers, but I think sunny side up, runny eggs would be best. The eggs go on top

12. Member
      Vehicles
      12-26-2010 03:08 PM #222
      Cut steak into bite size chunks with a scissors.
      Brown in a covered skillet with a little oil, Worcestershire Sauce and garlic slices.
      Done!

13. Member
      Vehicles
      12-26-2010 03:21 PM #223
      Cut up steak (1 lb) into bite size chunks with a scissors. Brown in a large covered skillet with a little oil, Worcestershire Sauce and garlic slices.

Remove beef and set aside. Brown plenty of cut up onion (2 lbs) in the steak juice. Add the cooked beef, some tomato soup (1 can) and some canned mushrooms. Bring to a slow simmer for about 15 minutes.

Turn off heat, add sour cream (1 pint) and mix it all up well.

Serve over egg noodles, rice or potato.

Garnish with Parmesan cheese.

Some options: Chopped chives, a little cooking wine, chopped parsley, pepper, a little red wine.

Vehicles
      Korean Jawn
      04-25-2011 10:53 PM #224
      1 oz coconut rum
      1 oz raspberry vodka
      1 oz oz citron vodka
      0.5 oz Bol's blue
      equal parts lemonade, sprite, and splash of lime
      Free Av.

Vehicles
      Korean Jawn
      04-25-2011 10:57 PM #225
      1 cup egg white
      1/4 cup diced green peppers
      1/4 cup diced mushrooms
      splash of milk
      salt and pepper to taste
      blend ingredients and fry to make a omelet
      add cheddar and bacon to fill omelet
      top with provolone
      sliced tomato
      and guacamole
      Free Av.

Vehicles
      1996 Chevy C1500, a little black german rocketship
      04-27-2011 10:33 AM #226
      Egg Dogs:

1 Hot Dog, the short and thick kind, not the ones that stick out a few inches on either side of the bun.
      2 Scrambled Eggs
      1 Hot Dog Bun
      1 Can of Your Favorite Baked Beans, i prefer bushs bourbon and brown sugar

Instructions
      Fire up the grill
      Start cooking your hot dog, let it get about half way done
      Get a pan, usually we do this on the grill as well, start your scrambled eggs, we dont use milk, comes out better
      Prior to this you should ahve gotten your beans started since they will take the longest
      Toast the Bun, this is important

Serving:
      Bun in hand
      Eggs in the bun first
      Then your hot dog
      Then the baked beans
      Add whatever hot sauce/ketchup/condiments you like

The meat night special is an Egg Dog with a 40 oz
      Enjoy
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      MRVW00 wasn't always gay. He stumbled upon the nastiest of vag's and turned the corner from Succubus Lane onto Fabulous Avenue.
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      Girls I like suck in bed. I prefer angry vicious hate ****ing. Is it ok to have a GF I like and one or two I hate?

Vehicles
      04-29-2011 09:12 AM #227
      Red Curry Coconut Pork

ingredients:
      1 lb of ground pork
      1 can of coconut milk (sweetened or unsweetened) roughly 2.5 cups
      3 tbsp of red curry
      3 tbsp of sugar (if coconut milk isn't sweetened)
      1/2 can of bamboo shoots
      1/2 package of firm tofu, cubed
      1 tbsp of veg oil
      1/2 white onion, medium, chopped into bite size pieces
      1 cup of water

1. pour half the can of coconut milk into a large pot and heat it up with medium/low heat.
      2. add red curry to the coconut milk and mix it in. keep stirring and heating until you see some red oil at the top.
      3. throw in the pork. toss and coat it in the milk/curry mixture and cook until it turns whitish, fully cooked.
      4. in a separate pan, saute the onions in the oil until halfway cooked, still crisp
      5. throw in the bamboo, tofu, and onions and stir
      6. Add the rest of the coconut milk and the water. i used the coconut milk can and used the water to get out the last remnants of the cream inside the can. if the coconut milk is unsweetened or you want to add more sweetness, add the sugar now. bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
      7. Serve over jasmine rice.

you could add fish sauce but i chose not to. it ended up lightly sweet and creamy with a good curry flavor. if you like more curry just toss in another tbsp. enjoy!!!!

18. 05-10-2011 03:04 PM #228
      Sun Dried Tomato and Prosciutto Risotto

(aka the best Risotto EVAR according to the family critics). I make Risotto fairly regularly but this time did not have any white wine on hand. A pinch of lemon zest provides a little bit of acidity instead.

Ingredients:
      1.5 cups of Arborio Rice
      2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
      1 tbs butter
      1 pinch lemon zest
      2 cloves garlic, minced
      1 small onion, chopped
      4 / 5 sun dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil, chopped (no need to drain thoroughly)
      5+ cups of simmering beef broth (in this case home made)
      5 or 6 slices of Prosciutto, cut into small(ish) chunks

Method:
      1 - Heat a large cast iron sauce pan to medium/hot
      2 - add olive oil and butter
      3 - when oil is hot, add onions and tomatoes
      saute for a few minutes until onions start to become translucent
      4 - add garlic and lemon zest; saute briefly, stirring well (avoid scorching the garlic!)
      5 - add rice and saute for a few minutes, not long enough for the rice to brown
      6 - add broth one ladle at a time
      stir with a straight edged wooden spoon until rice starts to dry out
      add another ladle of broth and repeat
      7 - This process should take 20 to 30 minutes. Add the prosciutto towards the end. The rice is done when slightly "al dente".

I did not add any salt, as the broth and prosciutto provided plenty on their own.

kaNUK

19. 12-25-2011 10:33 AM #229
      Asian Chicken burgers:
      I don't have exact amounts, but in the right proportion, these are banging!
      Ground chicken
      chopped ginger (a lot)
      chopped garlic (a little less than the ginger depending on how garlicy you like things)
      chopped green onion
      Soy sauce
      Sriracha
      Pepper (don't need salt because of the soy sauce)

Combine all the ingredients, form into patties, cook through (either on a grill or in a pan)

I also like to grill pineapple slices to top the burgers and make a spicy mayo (mayo, soy sauce, Sriracha, chopped ginger)

20. Awaiting Email Confirmation nasty_VW_habit's Avatar
      Vehicles
      337, 2012 Touareg
      01-18-2012 09:04 PM #230
      Quote Originally Posted by jdp211 View Post
      Asian Chicken burgers:
      I don't have exact amounts, but in the right proportion, these are banging!
      Ground chicken
      chopped ginger (a lot)
      chopped garlic (a little less than the ginger depending on how garlicy you like things)
      chopped green onion
      Soy sauce
      Sriracha
      Pepper (don't need salt because of the soy sauce)

Combine all the ingredients, form into patties, cook through (either on a grill or in a pan)

I also like to grill pineapple slices to top the burgers and make a spicy mayo (mayo, soy sauce, Sriracha, chopped ginger)

I make a similiar burger. Key for mine is it's topped with This sliced seeded english cucumbers and I get a jar or spicy Thai peanut sauce. Mmmmm sorta winds up tasting like Chicken Satay

Vehicles
      Mk1 Mk3 Corrado F150
      01-23-2012 01:40 AM #231
      Salmon Pate
      Use 1/2 - 3/4 pound of smoked salmon, and 1 pound cream cheese. Whip the cream cheese until there are no lumps then crumble and add salmon and whip until mixed in. It doesn't have to be smooth; a little chunky is good. Add about a quarter cup finely chopped onion, a tablespoon of lemon juice, a table spoon of caper juice, a table spoon of capers, 2tsp worcestershire sauce and 2tsp horseradish. Beat until everything is well mixed.

You should start with a little less flavorings (lemon juice, etc.) then add to taste. I tried to quantify what i put in but it is not exact. Better to have to add a little that to be stuck -- you can't subtract!

Spinach/Artichoke Dip
      Spinach/Artichoke dip that my wife kind of combined recipes. Next time, we're going to do a bit less artichoke (seemed a bit too strong for us) and maybe add some mozzarella cheese too.

10oz fresh spinach, chopped and heated on stove to wilt
      12oz marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
      1 block of cream cheese (about 8oz)
      8oz pesto w/ basil
      1tbs mayo
      1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
      2tsp minced garlic
      pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350
      Mix all ingredients until well blended
      Spoon into baking dish and sprinkle the top with about 2tbs Parmesan
      Bake for 20min
      Serve with pieces of warm french bread

FS: 1998 F150 SuperCab 4x4 4.6L V8
      WTT/FS: 17x7 Team Dynamic Racing ProRace 1 wheels
      (search my name)

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 Caliber SRT4, 1989 Mazda B2200, 2010 RAV4
      04-29-2012 08:56 PM #232
      I came up with this last week and was a hit. I called it "Hawaiian style pork ribs." I did it in the slow cooker but I'm sure you could do it in a roasting pan in the oven just as well.

8 lbs country style pork ribs (FYI these aren't actually ribs, they're shoulder cuts)
      1 cup apple cider
      1 can sliced pineapple (in juice, NOT syrup)
      2 cups Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce

Seasoning:
      salt
      black pepper
      garlic powder
      paprika
      red pepper flake

1. Combine and blend all seasoning elements evenly. I used about 1 cup altogether but I like heavy seasoning. Obviously you can modify to your liking - I probably used a little more paprika than anything else because I just like the stuff.
      2. Rub ribs down with the seasoning mix.
      3. Pour in apple juice and the juice from the can of pineapple. Do not put in pineapple slices yet. Turn slow cooker on (I went with the 8 hour setting).
      4. Put ribs in. Pour one cup of the barbecue sauce over the ribs. The ribs should be about half submerged in the liquid.
      5. Place lid on slow cooker and LEAVE IT ALONE.
      6. About four hours later, stir everything up real good and put the pineapple slices on top of the meat.
      7. About an hour before time's up, pour in the rest of the barbecue sauce.

When it's done it should be very tender with a good interplay of sweet and spicy. The pineapple juice is prominent in the taste but not overpowering. You can serve them up on a plate, like ribs, or you can shred it up and use as pulled pork for sandwiches. First serving we ate as ribs, they fall apart so you have to eat with a fork. I made the leftovers into sandwich meat.

23. 04-26-2013 12:33 PM #233
      Candied Bacon

1lb of bacon
      1c brown sugar
      2 Tbls cinnamon
      1 tsb cayenne pepper

Mix dry ingredients, Coat bacon in mixture, place in preheated oven at 350 for 30 minutes.

24. 08-14-2013 01:06 AM #234
      I dont know whether you guys like veg. recipes or not but im sharing some delicious gujarati food recipes.

Undhiyu:

6 - 8 green leaf garlic
      3 - 4 Baby Brinjal (bhaingan)
      50 gms fresh Tuver dana
      50 gms fresh lilva dana
      6 -8 small potatoes
      100 gms sweet potatoes
      100 gms yam (kand)
      25 - 30 broad beans (Surti fali)
      2 raw bananas
      30 gms Sugar
      10 gms emli (tamarind)5 tblsp oil
      2 tblsp coconut scraped
      4 green chillies
      a pinch asafoetida
      1 tsp turmeric powder
      1 cup coriander leaves
      2 inch ginger
      1 tsp mustard
      1 tsp whole Jeera
      1 tsp Jawain
      Salt as per taste

How to make Muthiyia
      Mix all the Muthiyia ingredients except oil and prepare firm dough
      Divide into small portions and shape each into one-inch long half-inch thick rolls
      Deep fry in hot oil
      Remove and keep aside to cool

Thanks

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      03-04-2014 10:26 PM #235
      Ghey. My thread got locked and I was forwarded to this thread. This won't help the vegetarian folk.

My girlfriend is a vegetarian. Since I am the cook in the house, this means that I have to get a bit creative with recipes. So I decided to keep a running thread of what gets cooked up in our house. Feel free to try some of these out and give me constructive criticism; however, don't get butthurt if I don't listen.  I will continue to update the first post to include all of the recipes.

Chicken Thighs with Chorizo and Linguini

Since the girlfriend is out of state on a business trip, it gave me an opportunity to cook a normal dish. This recipe is for you impatient types that just want to throw everything into a pan and inhale whatever the **** is in front of you.

Ingredients:

1/2 Chorizo, sliced
      4-5 Chicken Thighs with bone and skin (this helps with flavor)
      2 Potatoes, peeled and quartered
      1 Red long pepper (or red bell pepper for less kick)
      1/2 green jalapeno (optional)
      About a dozen green pitted olives (you can use those Goya ones with the pimentos. Mix those things in there too)
      1 onion, peeled and quartered (they will look like wedges)
      1 garlic clove, chopped
      1 teaspoon dried rosemary
      1/2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
      A little less than 1 teaspoon dried oregano
      1 teaspoon dried fennel
      1 tablespoon black peppercorns
      1/2 a lemon, juiced
      1/4 cup white wine
      2 tablespoons olive oil
      Whole Grain Linguini

1. Heat up the oil in a deep pan. Add the chicken thighs last. They should rest on the potatoes and other ingredients in the pan.
      2. Cover the pan and simmer at low-medium heat for about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
      3. Drink a beer or 2. 
      4. At the 45min mark, boil a pot of water and add desired linguini. Cook according to the box. Also splash some of that lemon juice on the chicken.
      5. Drain linguini and serve chicken on top. Make sure to spoon up some of the juice from the pan.

Notes: Do not add salt unless you feel you need it. The chorizo's salt should be more than enough. If you feel you need extra salt, you either substituted with hotdogs or you have a sodium addiction.

I didn't have jalapenos or red peppers in the fridge, so I substituted with a green pepper.

Sit down, put on some Top Gear, and eat well my friends.
      Last edited by nemo1ner; 03-04-2014 at 10:37 PM.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567