Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Anyone have B2 euro headlights?

1. 02-04-2004 12:44 AM #1
      Can ya post a pic to make sure we're talking about the same thing?

For the large, main headlight only, I need quick measurements of just the lens... width & height... I appreciate it!!!

Vehicles
      Too many VW's to count!
      02-04-2004 12:01 PM #2
      I've got a spare one leaving Germany next friday (so it'll be here in a month).

Non here right now tho. Sorry.

3. 02-04-2004 02:27 PM #3
      Are you able to get any more of these Chris?

Price?

Vehicles
      Too many VW's to count!
      02-04-2004 03:03 PM #4
      You bet.

Left or right, or a pair can be obtained. They're almost always used, but in great shape. Price varies with supply and demand, but ~$150usd is a good ballpark for a pair.

5. 02-04-2004 07:06 PM #5
      We're talking about these(the larger of the 2 lights...), right?

Vehicles
      2004 VW Passat 4Motion
      02-04-2004 08:02 PM #6
      You do realize that you can get them brand new for $ 110 , right? Here : http://www.brazilshopping.com/....html

BTW, Ray one of these days I might try what I think you are going to do. B2 Passat headlights on Golf w/ a Rallye grill ?? ( or in your case a Rallye Golf)

2004 Passat 4Mo, 1.8T, stick
      past: '96 Audi S6, forced to sell, F. U. nh emissions
      '87 VW Quantum syncro wagon, got me into quattro
      '85 VW GTI , 17 yrs and 280k miles, rusted away

Vehicles
      Too many VW's to count!
      02-04-2004 09:42 PM #7
      Yep - I'm actually talking about both the large and the smaller sides.

Harold - I did not realize that, nor was I aware of that shop at all. Do you know for sure those lights are 100% Euro lights tho? The site is Brazilian, and the description says "Euro-style". There is a difference between genuine european-made lights and south american lights (or mexican) made lights.

Our lights are 100% Euro-spec made-in-Germany high quality lights.

8. 02-04-2004 09:51 PM #8
      Harold... you magnificent bastard! Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Actually no, I'm not about to mess with the front end of the Rallye. Not entirely sure WHAT I want to do with them, but it might involve a Corrado and it might include a sport quattro grill... I don't even own a Corrado right now, but I've always been intrigued by these headlights.

BTW, in my never-ending search for more Mk2 Golf Hella MX half-tints... check out http://www.vwracingshop.com. Somebody down MX way claimed these were still available down there, but I can't get a response from 'em!

Ray

9. 02-04-2004 10:16 PM #9
      Quote, originally posted by Chris@FlatOut »
      Yep - I'm actually talking about both the large and the smaller sides.

Harold - I did not realize that, nor was I aware of that shop at all. Do you know for sure those lights are 100% Euro lights tho? The site is Brazilian, and the description says "Euro-style". There is a difference between genuine european-made lights and south american lights (or mexican) made lights.

Our lights are 100% Euro-spec made-in-Germany high quality lights.

Chris-

You have email! I think.

Vehicles
      Too many VW's to count!
      02-04-2004 10:51 PM #10
      gruppe_a - you have email back

eurowner - Don't be sorry. We specialize in more of the weird and harder to find stuff, but if there is other shops that offer the same or similar products for less than us, (as long as they're a reputable shop), by all means - go for the best deal. We try to offer the best prices, and on some of parts other shops can't even come close, but on some other items we can't compete with many shops out there in terms of price.

What are you asking for? If you guys are looking for some odd-ball parts or lights, just ask us. I can't gaurantee we'll be able to find the part for you, but we will honestly try. Alot of times it takes weeks or months, but sometimes it pays off in the end.

11. 02-05-2004 05:10 AM #11
      did you know this set ?

Modified by HValleG at 2:12 AM 2-5-2004

Vehicles
      2004 VW Passat 4Motion
      02-05-2004 09:08 AM #12
      HValleG, yes I do know that set. It came on the German Santana from about '81 to '84 ( not 100% sure on the years). I have no idea what years they came on the Brazillian Santanas.

They are a direct bolt up on US B2 Quantums. Just need to splice in a H4 plug and trim the turnsignal socket to fit into the turnsignal area. I know because I installed a set on my old syncro and sold another set to Joe R on the yahoo syncronized list. I basically found some B32 sites in Germany and emailed guys till I found a couple of guys willing to go junkyard hunting for me. The lights were $50 and another $ 50 for shipping from Germany. Best $ 100 dollars I spent on the syncro when I had it. The US spec lights were horrible.

Ray just make sure on the 1/2 tints they are not talking about the Memo ones. Took me 2 yrs to find mine, including getting ripped off once.

2004 Passat 4Mo, 1.8T, stick
      past: '96 Audi S6, forced to sell, F. U. nh emissions
      '87 VW Quantum syncro wagon, got me into quattro
      '85 VW GTI , 17 yrs and 280k miles, rusted away

13. 02-06-2004 02:23 AM #13
      thats right Harold , I think this set looks more nice than the "Quantum front" and the later set !

Vehicles
      1990 Jetta GL
      08-14-2012 10:33 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris@FlatOut View Post
      You bet.

Left or right, or a pair can be obtained. They're almost always used, but in great shape. Price varies with supply and demand, but ~$150usd is a good ballpark for a pair.

Do you still do this?
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Of course it's new to you. Unless you have a time machine?

1990 Jetta Gl (sold) 1991 318is (daily/project)