I will finally be needing this again soon. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
This is my first post so hello everybody, I come from Croatia and this is a great forum, i've learned so many usefull things here [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
Back on topic:
I'm driving a Golf II 16V PL KE-Jetronic (cis-e is the term here right?) and would like to switch to Digifant I but few things a don't understand after reading this topic:
1. do I need that fuel rail or can I come up with something else? Here in Croatia I don't know where to find one
2. what cooling temp sensor should I use - that blue from G60 or stay on my white one? Some people say blue, some that white should work fine - which is better?
3. should I switch to CE2 because I'm planing to put G60 inside after a while and do a MK3 dash swap? How complicated is converting to CE2 from CE?
4. What do I really gain if I go to Digifant I on stock G60 chip? Any extra hp? Will the stock chip even work whit my 16V PL (not planing to chip it later because of engine swaping)?
5. Any pics of Digi I instaled on 16V's? I haven't found much.
I apologize for my not very good english and noobish questions but I'm a rookie still in this game and trying to learn a thing or two, so any help is welcomed
1. If you are going 16v, then yes, you deffinetly need a rail...
2. They have the same resistance curves.... just different ways they screw or fit on the engine
3.Ce2 is easier to work with... It is used from 90 to 99... its just that i makes swaps easier... making it plug and play... If you have a donor car.. it will be easy to do it.
4. Digi 1 is just used comonly because it is map sensor based.. and is tunable via chip... The G60 chip will not be sutable for the 16v because of different air flow productivity... It is VERY ADVISABLE to get a chip for 16v's period.
5. It doesnt look too much different but here is a couple of forums that are based on 16v's on digi 1...
Plenty of parts for sale!
no other engine although a 1.8T rail can be modded to work (lengthen the 4 "legs".) BBM, Ross, etc. has the rails and would probably ship to you. There is a guy near me that makes them and sells on Ebay so that is another option. As far as chips, SNS could do one or maybe Techtonics.
Edit: your car being a 90 may already be CE2 depending on production date.
Modified by vwpat at 10:16 AM 5-9-2008
ok so i lied...its a red/white wire with a brown wire...2 terminal plug...the bently says its the fuel after run....But...Im not sure.....this is in the main engine harness and im just wondering if its needed....anyone know anyhting about this plug