Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970
    Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1750

    Thread: The Megasquirt from CIS-E and Motronic Official Post!

    1. Junior Member hasoooon93's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 18th, 2010
      Posts
      52
      Vehicles
      vw golf mk1 16v
      06-13-2011 02:05 PM #1726
      good info guys

    2. 06-17-2011 08:39 AM #1727
      Hi guys,

      Just registered myself so I could "abuse" this topic (fantastic topic by the way!!!!!!!).
      I'm Chris aka Scirocco16vGTX, I'm from Belgium (Europe) and I'm currently preparing a VW Scirocco 1986 with 1800cc 16V (KR spec) engine.
      Engine is fully overhauled with overbore KS pistons, sporty Cams from CATCams, full Supersprint exhaust ect ect..

      Now I am in doubt to run the OEM K-jetronic, do a Weber-conversion or go full bananas meaning Megasquirt!!
      I can buy a "90% complete kit" from a friend (who dropped his project-scirocco due to little time), I would only need:
      * custom fuel rail
      * a custom wiring for my ignition
      * some basic (injection & ignition) mapping data, to start playing with

      Anyone here who can help me out?
      I already tried the "VW Megasquirt forum" but very little respons over there I'm afraid....

    3. Member Dave926's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2005
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      5,403
      Vehicles
      1989 Helios GLI 1997 Mk3 ****box
      06-18-2011 10:05 PM #1728
      What do you need to know?

    4. 06-20-2011 03:52 AM #1729
      Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco16vGTX View Post
      * a custom wiring for my ignition
      * some basic (injection & ignition) mapping data, to start playing with
      those are the most important as for now I guess

    5. 06-23-2011 05:38 AM #1730
      Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco16vGTX View Post
      I can buy a "90% complete kit" from a friend (who dropped his project-scirocco due to little time), I would only need:
      * custom fuel rail
      * a custom wiring for my ignition
      * some basic (injection & ignition) mapping data, to start....
      anybody knows if I can use an aftermarket fuelrail which was designed for Corrado 16V, on my Scirocco 16V? I'm in doubt because the intake is on the other side!

    6. Member Prof315's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 5th, 2009
      Location
      Melbourne, FL
      Posts
      3,326
      Vehicles
      1992 Corrado ABA-T and MS3-Pro powered, 84 Honda V65 Sabre
      06-23-2011 07:15 AM #1731
      Quote Originally Posted by qbejs View Post
      Ok, so one more question. MS II SMD PCB3.57 will run knock sensor without any changes in pcb ? It will be great to find megasquirt which will run all my wish list without modifications in pcb.
      No it won't. And honestly knock sensors are overrated at least with MS (they don't work all that well). BUT..... the developers are working on a totally new way of dealing with knock sensor input.

      and lastly while you do have to make some mods (minor) to the board, KnocksenseMS is probabaly the best working knock sensor set up available for MS. And it should work really well when the new code is done.
      The Professor
      Melbourne, FL
      92 Corrado OBD2 ABA-T (BW EFR 6258) Powered by MS3Pro
      Linfert Performance: The Megasquirt guy in central Florida Like my Facebook page....
      Sandy Linfert 11/4/1991 - 5/13/2013

    7. Member Prof315's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 5th, 2009
      Location
      Melbourne, FL
      Posts
      3,326
      Vehicles
      1992 Corrado ABA-T and MS3-Pro powered, 84 Honda V65 Sabre
      06-23-2011 07:18 AM #1732
      Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco16vGTX View Post
      Hi guys,

      Just registered myself so I could "abuse" this topic (fantastic topic by the way!!!!!!!).
      I'm Chris aka Scirocco16vGTX, I'm from Belgium (Europe) and I'm currently preparing a VW Scirocco 1986 with 1800cc 16V (KR spec) engine.
      Engine is fully overhauled with overbore KS pistons, sporty Cams from CATCams, full Supersprint exhaust ect ect..

      Now I am in doubt to run the OEM K-jetronic, do a Weber-conversion or go full bananas meaning Megasquirt!!
      I can buy a "90% complete kit" from a friend (who dropped his project-scirocco due to little time), I would only need:
      * custom fuel rail
      * a custom wiring for my ignition
      * some basic (injection & ignition) mapping data, to start playing with

      Anyone here who can help me out?
      I already tried the "VW Megasquirt forum" but very little respons over there I'm afraid....
      Ask away I'can probably help.
      The Professor
      Melbourne, FL
      92 Corrado OBD2 ABA-T (BW EFR 6258) Powered by MS3Pro
      Linfert Performance: The Megasquirt guy in central Florida Like my Facebook page....
      Sandy Linfert 11/4/1991 - 5/13/2013

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2010
      Location
      Puerto Rico
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      1987 jetta coupe g60,2009 jetta tdi
      08-24-2011 01:19 PM #1733
      Bump ! To much good info to let go to waste!! Superb work guys,to all that have shared their knowledge i'm very gratefull and hats off!! To all of you.Roderick

    9. Member jfg69's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2003
      Location
      lonnggeyelandt
      Posts
      859
      Vehicles
      '98 B5 Wagon // '92 GTi // RIP:'90 B3 Wagon
      08-25-2011 01:43 PM #1734
      ^^ I agree! Hoping to get a MS project started on my Mk2Gti very soon, the info here is going to come in handy!
      WTB: B5 fogs; clean rear bumper skin; votex lip; Neuspeed or H&R springs; 1.8T flex pipe

    10. Member .:RDUBBIN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2008
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      281
      09-07-2011 12:12 PM #1735
      Working on a 2.0 16v. Puttin it in an '80 caddy, and going to run ITB's, (GSXR Throttle Body with TPS) and MS1. I am a Noob to all of this, and am trying to figure it out for myself. I have a buddy that is walking me through it and he knows what hes doing, but i dont want to get to into it and have no clue how i got there or where to go if I cant get his help. Looking at buying MS1 PCB 2.2 or PCB 3.0. Would like to see this thread stay alive and know where to go to post my questions as they come up. Will be buying MS here in the next few weeks. Any opinons out there on PCB 2.2 vs. PCB 3.0?
      Current: '82 Caddy, '15 Golf,

      Previous: '12 GTI, '10 CC, '04 R32, '57 Oval, '05 GLi, '01 A4, '97 Jetta, '64 Bettle, '00 Jetta, '01 Beetle, '84 GTI, '12 Touareg, '00 TDI, '80 Caddy, '14 Passat, '14 Beetle

    11. Member Prof315's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 5th, 2009
      Location
      Melbourne, FL
      Posts
      3,326
      Vehicles
      1992 Corrado ABA-T and MS3-Pro powered, 84 Honda V65 Sabre
      09-07-2011 05:55 PM #1736
      Quote Originally Posted by .:RDUBBIN View Post
      Working on a 2.0 16v. Puttin it in an '80 caddy, and going to run ITB's, (GSXR Throttle Body with TPS) and MS1. I am a Noob to all of this, and am trying to figure it out for myself. I have a buddy that is walking me through it and he knows what hes doing, but i dont want to get to into it and have no clue how i got there or where to go if I cant get his help. Looking at buying MS1 PCB 2.2 or PCB 3.0. Would like to see this thread stay alive and know where to go to post my questions as they come up. Will be buying MS here in the next few weeks. Any opinons out there on PCB 2.2 vs. PCB 3.0?
      Do not waste your time with a v2.2 mainboard. For that matter get an MS2 not an MS1. MS2/Extra has direct firmware support for ITBs. It will be much friendlier on the street.
      The Professor
      Melbourne, FL
      92 Corrado OBD2 ABA-T (BW EFR 6258) Powered by MS3Pro
      Linfert Performance: The Megasquirt guy in central Florida Like my Facebook page....
      Sandy Linfert 11/4/1991 - 5/13/2013

    12. 09-24-2011 11:30 PM #1737
      I think I have figured our the ignition wiring with my HAL dizzy. last hurdle is injectors. Most diagrams show a set up for sequential, my G60 injector harness is set up to fire them all at once (batch). do I just tie the two injector signal wires coming from the MS box together?

      This seems wrong for what I have, I know the ignition is:


    13. Member Prof315's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 5th, 2009
      Location
      Melbourne, FL
      Posts
      3,326
      Vehicles
      1992 Corrado ABA-T and MS3-Pro powered, 84 Honda V65 Sabre
      09-25-2011 08:00 AM #1738
      If you are planning on using the g60 injector harness then just use INJ1. And be sure to use simultaneous injector firing only. Personally I would connect INJ1 to cylinders 1 and 4 and INJ2 to cylinders 2 and 3 and use 2 squirts alternating. I do all of my batch fire installs this way and get good results.
      The Professor
      Melbourne, FL
      92 Corrado OBD2 ABA-T (BW EFR 6258) Powered by MS3Pro
      Linfert Performance: The Megasquirt guy in central Florida Like my Facebook page....
      Sandy Linfert 11/4/1991 - 5/13/2013

    14. Geriatric Member need_a_VR6's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 19th, 1999
      Location
      Oxford, PA
      Posts
      35,996
      Vehicles
      15 Jetta 92 Corrado VR6
      09-29-2011 11:13 PM #1739
      If you do only use one output be sure to double your req_fuel or your VE will be very high and some other settings won't make sense.

      I'm with Jeff, wire the other driver unless you have a really good (lazy would swing me!) reason to not.
      -Paul
      1995 GTI VR6 - Retired - 12.90@106 R32 power - 12.833@106 12v power
      KPTuned - Official MegaSquirt: Sales - Repair - Installation - Tuning
      MK3 Race Car Partout

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2010
      Location
      Racine, WI. Sadly.
      Posts
      537
      Vehicles
      Mk1 16v Cabriolet, B6 Passat, and a Merc C230
      10-17-2011 05:30 AM #1740
      Edit: Nevermind got it running near perfectly now!

      I've been on the search for a well put together MSQ file, preferably for 029y3/4 code.

      The engine is a:

      9a block
      kr head
      autotech cams

      using MS1 V2.2 with the 029y4 extra code.

      Would be very much appreciated, as everything I've found is barely put together and from over 5 years ago!

      Last edited by SpahnDirge; 10-17-2011 at 10:19 PM.

    16. 10-19-2011 11:05 AM #1741
      i am kind of flummoxed, here is what I have so far. Motor is a ABA 16v with 260 cams, g60 injector harness, HAL, Bosch modal, and an ABA throttle body. Basically I cam make it rev to 7500k but I can't do it under load. if you dab the throttle it just dies. it acts like there is no accel mapping (which there might not be)

    17. Member StinkBugz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 16th, 2011
      Location
      Reading, Pa.
      Posts
      160
      Vehicles
      95 Cabby
      01-23-2012 05:29 PM #1742
      I remember talking to someone here in PA that deals with MS and I forgot his info. I think it was Ken or Scott or something like that. The person has in depth knowledge of the VR application and I would like to speak to you again. Please PM me your info so we could chat again as I have a cabby that is getting a vr swap this weekend and MS is on my list of things to do.
      Powdercoating Services in Reading Pa.

    18. Geriatric Member need_a_VR6's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 19th, 1999
      Location
      Oxford, PA
      Posts
      35,996
      Vehicles
      15 Jetta 92 Corrado VR6
      01-23-2012 10:18 PM #1743
      Hi, PM me.
      -Paul
      1995 GTI VR6 - Retired - 12.90@106 R32 power - 12.833@106 12v power
      KPTuned - Official MegaSquirt: Sales - Repair - Installation - Tuning
      MK3 Race Car Partout

    19. Member StinkBugz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 16th, 2011
      Location
      Reading, Pa.
      Posts
      160
      Vehicles
      95 Cabby
      01-23-2012 10:25 PM #1744
      Quote Originally Posted by need_a_VR6 View Post
      Hi, PM me.
      I have found u hrs ago .. been texting you, Calling you in the am..
      Powdercoating Services in Reading Pa.

    20. Member austin neuschafer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 26th, 2002
      Location
      knoxville tn
      Posts
      9,375
      Vehicles
      87 rocco 2l16v w/02a lsd 4.24
      01-24-2012 04:33 PM #1745
      87 scirocco factory 16v car
      2.0 16v
      ms3
      abf parts
      60-2
      7 pin ICU for spark onto msd coil
      02a/j with peloquin
      87 rocco 2l16v MS3 02a/j with 4.24 on LSD. 91 rado geting 1.8t, 02 cabrio geting vr6, 04 r32 vf stg 2 sc, and a few other goodies

    21. 01-01-2013 07:39 AM #1746
      I am just starting to convert my race car to MS. It runs in SCCA Improved Touring B road race and the rules there limit mods. Until a couple years ago, we were stuck with stock fuel systems. So now that the CIS-E can go, I am having at it. Car is a 1986 GTI with 8V RD motor. The mods are few. Blueprinted, a tad of port cleanup (rules again!), header with open exhaust, and now some freedom on the intake and fuel. Must retain distributor, stock intake, and TB.

      So I have on hand or on order:

      MS3
      MAF
      TPS
      18 lb injectors + BBM rail
      WB Lambda
      Crank 60:2 Trigger Wheel

      I'll start wiring soon, but in the meantime I am looking for a close MSQ file to use as a starting point.

    22. Member Prof315's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 5th, 2009
      Location
      Melbourne, FL
      Posts
      3,326
      Vehicles
      1992 Corrado ABA-T and MS3-Pro powered, 84 Honda V65 Sabre
      01-01-2013 12:08 PM #1747
      Quote Originally Posted by JimLill View Post
      I am just starting to convert my race car to MS. It runs in SCCA Improved Touring B road race and the rules there limit mods. Until a couple years ago, we were stuck with stock fuel systems. So now that the CIS-E can go, I am having at it. Car is a 1986 GTI with 8V RD motor. The mods are few. Blueprinted, a tad of port cleanup (rules again!), header with open exhaust, and now some freedom on the intake and fuel. Must retain distributor, stock intake, and TB.

      So I have on hand or on order:

      MS3
      MAF
      TPS
      18 lb injectors + BBM rail
      WB Lambda
      Crank 60:2 Trigger Wheel

      I'll start wiring soon, but in the meantime I am looking for a close MSQ file to use as a starting point.
      Don't bother hooking up the MAF (just jam the trap door wide open) . The onboard MAP sensor in the MS3 will work just fine for measuring load
      The Professor
      Melbourne, FL
      92 Corrado OBD2 ABA-T (BW EFR 6258) Powered by MS3Pro
      Linfert Performance: The Megasquirt guy in central Florida Like my Facebook page....
      Sandy Linfert 11/4/1991 - 5/13/2013

    23. 01-01-2013 12:14 PM #1748
      I took off everything from the atmosphere to the TB already

      I have a large K&N routed through 3" duct to the TB. The MAF is a simple add with cheap stuff (

    24. 04-04-2013 11:51 AM #1749
      I have a MK@ GTI K jectronic, since you have so mucho knowledge I am thinking about a fuel system install with a megasquirt/ for natural aspirated i love to gain some horsepower with new higher camshaft.... what would I need in order to have a succesful setup. As far as the megasquirt install goes and what parts are needed/// if you or someone you know sales the harness for the injectors and the Meagasquirt ECU, that would be awesome.

      Thankls in advance just bouth teh car and love to have a nice daily driver.

    25. 10-18-2014 12:21 PM #1750
      Quote Originally Posted by thepkilla View Post
      Well, I have three wires on the Hall sender connector. They are: Brown, Purple, and Purple/black stripe. The solid purple is the middle wire. Now that goes to pin 26 on MS? Is the brown wire the ground? Where did you say the 12v source is under the PCB? One more question. I got a TPS from autohausaz.com P# 0280120308. Im having problems with it. It goes from 17% to 100% and flood clear mode in just a few inches of moving the pedal. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or do I need a different one?<BR><BR>
      <i>Modified by thepkilla at 7:22 PM 2-7-2008</i>

      Thread revival:
      0280120308 is a switch not a sensor. There's no gradual increase in resistance, only switch for throttle closed, throttle wide open. You'll need a gradual resistance sensor; 0280120308 is worthless.
      Bumblebee Tuna

    Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •