Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: audi WUR help.... getting rich at 3k rpm -CIS

Vehicles
      89 328is, 86 Jetta coupe, 92 rado
      05-13-2004 10:36 PM #1
      hey guys, here is my setup, K26, stock CIS, and a audi WUR, the car is good as far as when boost comes on, and when im in boost, im running ~7-8 psi, but at 3000-3200 rpm the car gets real rich and boggs down. does anyone know a solutino to this?

-Daniel

Vehicles
      89 328is, 86 Jetta coupe, 92 rado
      05-16-2004 01:23 AM #2
      bump

3. 05-17-2004 08:42 PM #3
      put the stock wur back on and use this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

the audi wur is good for 0-3 lbs of boost, then you need something else to fuel property, if is richening too much the wur is not working right

take it off and clean it, but you still need the right fueling beyond the 3 lbs

4. 05-18-2004 01:44 AM #4
      I had the same problem on my car. The temporary "solution" was to disconnect the full-throttle switch. I think I have basically decided that the warmup regulator gives too much fuel with the full throttle switch, and I may end up going back to full throttle switch only (no boost sensitive warmup regulator).

This may not be a well known fact, but it's true...the CIS system in the Volvo, though it did have a boost sensitive warmup regulator, it did NOT use this feature during "normal running" -- only when the car was cold. A vacuum valve blocked the boost signal to the WUR once engine temp got a little bit warm...

I have found that full throttle switch + 240-T fuel distributor gives good results.

Good luck

-Steve

5. 05-22-2004 08:16 AM #5
      Quote, originally posted by stevelangford »
      put the stock wur back on and use this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

the audi wur is good for 0-3 lbs of boost, then you need something else to fuel property, if is richening too much the wur is not working right

take it off and clean it, but you still need the right fueling beyond the 3 lbs

Interesting theory Steve !?!