Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft:Draft:Draft:** Amber, Clear, Smoked, or Custom Turn Signals for the Mk1

Vehicles
      '79 Scirocco (Shocky Jr.)
      05-23-2004 07:49 PM #1
      Okay, I need everyone who wants turn signals for their Mk1 (that would be anyone who wants turn signals regardless of if you have contacted me before in amber, clear, smoked, or custom color) to do a coupla things for me (please):

1. Read my new and improved Turn Signal Sales page

Turn Signals For Sale!!!! - READ ME

Why should you read it? 'cause if you want turn signals....you gotta do it. Plus it has any and all relevant info and because I spent a lot of time making it.

2. Fill out Turn Signal Order Form page
      This is located at the bottom of the Turn Signal Sales page. I am not providing a direct link to it, because I want people to read the page.

Why should you submit this? 'cause if you don't you won't get turn signals...ever!!! No Turn Signals for You!!

3. Post to this topic
      Why should you post? 'cause it will keep this topic on top of the list which will give people who don't read Vortex every day an opportunity to see this post. You wouldn't want your fellow Scirocco Enthusiasts to miss out, would you?

Plus it brings me great joy to see "VWvortex Forums Notification" in my inbox...no, I do not have a life - can't you tell? I have spent my weekend working on my webpage, this project, and trying very hard not to scratch my new tattoo... So do you really want to deprive me of this happiness?

What should you post? Comments...aknowledge that you submitted the form....say Hi to me, um....eh...whatever works....

4. Wait patiently for me to contact you with a total at which point in time you will need to decide how you want to pay and ship the signals
      Why should you do this? Because you really don't have much choice....do you?

-- This is REALLY the last time you should have to tell me what you want.....(I can come close to promising this.....heh) So all the more reason to submit this to me.....

** ALSO I AM ABOUT TO POST FOR INPUT ON THE SMOKED LENS -- I HAVE AN EXAMPLE NOW TO SHOW PEOPLE

** THE SHOP CAME UP WITH A POSSIBLE SOLUTION REGARDING THE BONDING -- WILL BE POSTING REGARDING THIS VERY, VERY, VERY SOON -- momentarily even....

Modified by funksoulkitty at 4:00 PM 5-23-2004

Vehicles
      05-24-2004 03:49 AM #2
      Okay....

SMOKED COLOR SAMPLES: http://www.funksoulkitty.org/t....html

SHOP'S BONDING SOLUTION: http://www.funksoulkitty.org/t....html

GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THESE!! - Please!

Vehicles
      05-24-2004 03:53 AM #3
      PICS OF SMOKED COLOR SAMPLE:

I think about twice as dark?? What say you guys??

Vehicles
      05-24-2004 03:56 AM #4
      SHOP'S SOLUTION TO BONDING PROBLEM PICS:

Basically, I am putting these pics here so that people who are really unmotivated to check out the links in the second post can have some curiosity....

05-24-2004 12:51 PM #5
      Bump for some great turnsignals!
      Too bad I don't have a MK I anymore.

6. 05-24-2004 10:22 PM #6
      I'm interested in the smoked.
      It'll be a few months till I can pick them up.
      Are you planning on doing any early Mk1 signals? I'm not sure if I'll be using the wrap around style, or the older style. Depends on which fenders I put on the car.
      Thanx.

7. 05-24-2004 11:03 PM #7

Scirocco Goodness.

TBerk

Vehicles
      78 Scirocco MK1 8 Valves of Furry Fury
      05-27-2004 03:24 AM #8
      Bump for the chick who Rocc's

Vehicles
      2003 Golf TDI 130, 964 Carrera 2
      05-27-2004 04:27 AM #9
      Dont you mean Scirocco Goodess ?

*waves hello to funksoulkitty*

Scirocco inventory currently at 1% and holding.

Quote Originally Posted by echassin View Post
      the problem is not with me, you see. The problem is the car. It's a Mk2. It's already gotten way more attention than it deserved

Vehicles
      05-27-2004 12:32 PM #10
      HEY FALCOR!!!!!

How are things?

All the people over here in the US and abroad have not been very GOOD about ORDERING TURN SIGNALS. It appears that only 6 people still want turn signals. DAMN SHAME!!!! Because at one point in time lots of people wanted 'em. Perhaps this project has simply taken too long....

Hey Mats, if you still want a set - can you fill out an order form please? Maybe if you do and people see you post that you did, then other people will figure out that they need to order their signals with me on this form even if they already emailed me in the past..........

How's your Scirocco comin along? Updated your webpage yet?

11. 05-27-2004 12:46 PM #11
      My order is in . . .

What is everyone's problem???

Sciroccos forever!
      Get on the list: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/scirocco-l

Vehicles
      05-27-2004 01:02 PM #12
      Quote, originally posted by Mash »
      My order is in . . .

What is everyone's problem???

Thank you for your order Mark! You will most definitely be getting a pair of turn signals headed your way.

(LOVE your ever-changing signature there Mark......it always makes me crack up!! )

I don't know what everyone's problem is.....

But it makes me very sad, distraught, upset, and generally disgruntled. And that is not a good position to be in....

Oh well.....nothing I can do about it I suppose......

Modified by funksoulkitty at 9:04 AM 5-27-2004

Vehicles
      2003 Golf TDI 130, 964 Carrera 2
      05-27-2004 01:59 PM #13
      My problem at the moment is lack $$$... As you might have guessed I've put some serious money and time into the car already. Time I have lots of but the cash is alittle more rare. Especially as I had to get 4 new tires for my Peugeot 206 daily driver car since someone had spread out small metal filings all over the read that lead to four destroyed tires. I'm doing my best to spread the word here in Sweden though.

Ps. New pictures will be up on my website in about a week and half.

Scirocco inventory currently at 1% and holding.

Quote Originally Posted by echassin View Post
      the problem is not with me, you see. The problem is the car. It's a Mk2. It's already gotten way more attention than it deserved

Vehicles
      05-27-2004 03:18 PM #14
      Quote, originally posted by Falcor »
      My problem at the moment is lack $$$...

WELL, I am always up for hearing about stuff you might have that may be of interest to me.....

and I do have several discounted sets to sell......

And thanks for spreading the word!!! in Sweden no less!!! Woo Hoo!

Vehicles
      77 440 Ramcharger, 77 440 PowerWagon, 70 383 Barracuda, 97 240SX, K1 CB750, K2 CB750, 97 CBR600 SE,
      05-27-2004 04:51 PM #15
      My order is in... Can't wait to get em...

16. 05-27-2004 05:13 PM #16
      Can you describe the discounted sets....my problem too is the $$ for the lenses.......would you be interested in some Bosch 5 3/4 " H3's in yellow -w- bulbs, or Flowmaster delta 50 in trade??

Vehicles
      4 x Scirocco 1, 3 x Golf 1, 1 x cabrio 1
      05-28-2004 11:02 AM #17
      kirsten, did you get my order for Amber turn signals ???, still need 3 sets thanks .

Grant.

If it aint a Mk1 then it's a donor....
      Brownrocco resto thread....http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f55/...esto-2339.html
      Cabrio repair thread......http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f55/...irs-21212.html

18. Global Moderator Paul@VWvortex's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 Taco TRD, 10 E70 3.0 Sport, '96 VR Fabrio, TDi Tristar Syncro, 1980 Scirocco S "Der Ott"
      05-28-2004 12:58 PM #18
      Kristen I am down for at least one set.. in fact, my original order of smoked/backed/bonded you can double but make the second set amber in lieu of smoked.

I am always glad to support people who support Mk1 Sciroccos.

Vehicles
      05-28-2004 05:43 PM #19
      Quote, originally posted by woody96 »
      Can you describe the discounted sets....my problem too is the $$ for the lenses.......would you be interested in some Bosch 5 3/4 " H3's in yellow -w- bulbs, or Flowmaster delta 50 in trade??

First, I need to caution everyone that I cannot provide everyone with discounted sets since I only have a limited number. And I hope to not get any more...

Basically, these are sets that the shop thought was acceptable, I however did not....in other words....hmmm.....they have imperfections here and there....but not everywhere.....

But since they are limited in supply, I have set up a rigorous method to use for selecting who gets a set:

I ask some arbitrary questions like:

Is your car stock? What is your financial situation? Are you a nice guy....or mean? Have you read Shocky Jr.'s Restoration and Upgrade Adventure Chronicles? Do you like Shocky Jr.? Do you prefer function over fashion? Have you seen my Scirocco Tattoo? Did you like it?

Then, depending on your answers to those questions, I determine whether or not you are suitable for a discount set.

You can check out the page I just whipped up for more info:

http://funksoulkitty.org/turns....html

20. 05-28-2004 05:58 PM #20
      WoooHooo!!!

Vehicles
      05-28-2004 05:58 PM #21
      ummm......links work now too...heh...

frickin capitals and lowercase!!!!!!!!

Vehicles
      05-28-2004 10:47 PM #22
      Quote, originally posted by roccodingo »
      kirsten, did you get my order for Amber turn signals ???, still need 3 sets thanks .

Grant.

Sure did Grant! Thank you very much!!!!

Vehicles
      05-28-2004 10:50 PM #23
      Quote, originally posted by Paul Grimes »
      Kristen I am down for at least one set.. in fact, my original order of smoked/backed/bonded you can double but make the second set amber in lieu of smoked.

I am always glad to support people who support Mk1 Sciroccos.

k, thanks Paul!! But can you please submit a second order form for that? You don't need to include your address...just your name and then the options....

Thanks!

24. Member
      Vehicles
      1980 GLi, 1981 Storm
      05-29-2004 07:30 AM #24
      Regarding bonding issues, Kirsten wasn't too sure about the bonding on my set. I've now covered about 500 miles at average speeds of 90mph+, in hot sun and cold rain and they are still A1.

Vehicles
      05-29-2004 07:54 AM #25
      Quote, originally posted by mr.brown »
      Regarding bonding issues, Kirsten wasn't too sure about the bonding on my set. I've now covered about 500 miles at average speeds of 90mph+, in hot sun and cold rain and they are still A1.

Glad to hear that....Thanks for letting me know

26. Member
      Vehicles
      1980 GLi, 1981 Storm
      05-29-2004 08:23 AM #26
      Get some sleep! Now!

Vehicles
      05-29-2004 08:29 AM #27
      Get some sleep! Now!

he he he he he he.....

I nap during the day on and off.....

...and sometimes during the night too!

But usually I am up....not always 100% there...but awake....

My eating habits are just as bad.....

05-29-2004 11:23 AM #28
      Well since I'll be keepin' my roc now, count me in for some clears...

bump for kristen, shes a cool roccin' chic.

Vehicles
      2000 S4, 1981 Scirocco, 09' Aprilia RS125 fo da street
      06-02-2004 04:42 PM #29
      What I think is the big problem Kirsten is that not everyone who was interested in the product, check up in the forums here as much as us Scirocco gear-heads do.

This particular forum topic you started even got past ME (was on the 2nd page of Scirocco topics already) of all people, and I try to check-up on the Vortex every day. Just keep posting new threads with a big bulky "QUALITY AFTERMARKET A1 INDICATORS CLEAR/SMOKED NEW!!!!!!" so they stay at the top of the list, and I think you'll get more feedback.

Some guys are probably just waiting for YOU to get back to them...
      (ha, ha...i've experienced a small dose of that delema myself...) I'M JUST KIDDING!! Kirsten I know you are busy with so, so much. You are puttin in serious work girl.

-Just what I'm trying to say is that if they don't know, then they probably will never know. Advertise that blood, sweat, and tears!!
      <build it and they will come>

-oh, you might want to setup an ebay account and sell 1 (one) set per month to make them seem rare... ask that high dollar. Most Scirocco products get anywhere from 80 to 300 hits (views/visits) within 6 days!!!!

About the Smoked Lenses......hooo-waaa! The final product picture looks hot (on the website) as for the samples that the factory did up for you-its real hard to see how dark any of the examples are. I'm sure your gonna hate me because my request requires (sigh) yes, more work. I so sowwy.

take a photo of each with a texture behind it (like, a mesh, or an item with contrast), and also put a light behind them similar to the wattage of the Scirocco bulbs. If you have to be this perfectionist that would be a suggestion, if not I'll take mine in any shape form or fashion girl. Oh and where are my smoked tail lights huh???.....again.....kidding. You know i lurv' you
      I'll fill out my form now...

Modified by Sciroccist at 8:49 PM 6-2-2004

Vehicles
      06-02-2004 05:50 PM #30
      I TOLD YOU GUYS THIS IS ONLY PSEUDO-SMOKED.....Of course I wouldn't have a page of example images for it!!

Just making sure you guys understand that the image you clicked on to get here IS NOT AN EXAMPLE OF AN ACTUAL SMOKED LENS....

as of this posting, no smoked lens has been created in terms of the correct color of lens.....

Stay posted though.....

Soon......very soon.

Awwwwww. but it looks good to me!!! I hope you find success in this project Kirsten.

31. Member
      Vehicles
      1980 GLi, 1981 Storm
      06-08-2004 09:15 AM #31
      Bump.

Literally.

(crazy English humour - hope you're OK)

Vehicles
      06-08-2004 11:25 AM #32
      Bump.

Literally.

(crazy English humour - hope you're OK)

Thanks for asking....yes, I am feeling fine and the bump has been reduced to a single point of pain on my head (as opposed to a lump of pain on my head....)

Poor Rich!

Vehicles
      06-08-2004 11:31 AM #33
      THIS IS AN EMAIL FROM THE TURN SIGNAL SHOP, POSTED AT THEIR REQUEST

Here is what I posted to the list:

At the request of the shop making the turn signals, I am posting this to the list.....

Here is a link to the color swatch he is talking about:

http://www.funksoulkitty.org/t...d.jpg

And here is the info he sent me with the color swatch:

"It should*be just a black looking square of the color tone to duplicate. Ok try this one, I have made a transparent swatch with a black background and white background to simulate the silver paint.* check it out. wam"

Begin forwarded message:

Date: June 8, 2004 6:53:03 AM PDT
      To: "Kirsten Jensen" <kirsten.jensen@earthlink.net>
      Subject: Re: lenses

Yo, this is just about as close as I can get without affecting the clarity. I could just add black but that is not a transparent color. The only way to achieve the black you are looking for is by using opaque pigments, like I am using on the back piece. As you can see it is no longer yellowish, and as I informed you from the beginning of this process, I am working with a modified bronze. What happens is it will shift to greenish, then to bluish, then back to reddish. It took me an hour to try and find a pantone to match what your looking for, and its not what your looking for surprise!^$&*)$^
      *If pantone doesn't have a match for your special color how can I, using red, blue and yellow, in a plastic material, ever get close, and then ever be able to do it again.*
      I have had*to take the material off the machine again in order to continue making other parts. If you continue to slow our progress with critical perceptions that may not be necessary, I will never make a profit from your parts, and you will never have parts to sell.
      My normal charge for matching to such a specific color would be over $1500.00.* You are asking me to match any color that someone might decide. I believe if I were charging you for my work your idea of perfection might change. After matching the color I would then run parts.* You are not working with me. I would love to post my opinion*for your patrons to share.

So, what does everyone think about this? Please let me know....ASAP.

Vehicles
      06-08-2004 09:50 PM #34
      I trust your judgement, and can see frustration is setting in on some of this. I hope that the types of requests I made earlier didn't lead to this, and I will take what ever you guys decide on.

those samples look good, In my opinion. You decide and just do it. (nike) I'm sure we can all live with your decision, and like someone else stated earlier: "its not like these customers have another place they can go to get a product like this..."

I trust you guys, and feel no matter what comes out as the final product, it'll look hot!

35. Member
      Vehicles
      1980 GLi, 1981 Storm
      06-09-2004 04:11 AM #35
      I can understand the guy's frustration but I can also understand your desire to make them as perfect as they can be.

There's got to be a happy medium somewhere but as ever, it's going to take the "C" word - compromise.

ANyway, I think this is an excuse for another pic:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast