VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

1. Member
      Vehicles
      1969 VW Beetle
      05-31-2004 05:14 AM #1
      anybody here ever experienced the supernatural in their cars? did anybody get something extra with their project or restored car?

a friend of mine told me last night about an old toyota corona they bought back in the 90's. the car was an early 80's model. it was said that a friend of the previous owner figured in an accident, and died in the backseat on the way to the hospital. so what they did was they had the car blessed.

however, weird stuff started to occur. like the lights flashing once or twice at night... with a dead battery. also, my friend swore that he once heard some sort of "wheezing" sound from the car, like someone who has trouble breathing.

so anybody here experienced similar tales?

2. Member
      Vehicles
      66'KG, 69' KG, 94' Miata, 06' Exige
      05-31-2004 05:28 AM #2
      Well not a haunted car story but 3 of my friends were once driving in a mildly foggy night when they ALL saw some guy jogging on the side of the road. One of them said, "hey mike, watch out for that guy!" and mike said, "yeah I see him." and once they got close to him, he was no where to be found. From then on they all called him the ghost jogger. Also this one time when some of my friends were all in one car coming home from school. There was this bridge that they pass under daily and some kid comitted suicide there a year prior. It was in the local news paper and everything. Anyways, as they were driving under it, one of my friend just got a chill....mind you this was freaking summer in 90 degree weather...and he said, damn I just got a chill, lol...and one of my other friend was like damn me too! Then the other 2 in the back said that they felt it too! Crazy stuff!

Vehicles
      2011 JSW TDI 6sp, 2013 GLK250 Bluetec
      05-31-2004 07:44 AM #3
      A kid i was friends with in highschool's mom had a 84 caravan. One day while we were all at the mall, we started walking away from the car when it turned itself on, flashed the high beams, honked the horn and then turned off again. We decided it be best to call his dad and 'pretend' the car didn't work and walk home.

4. 05-31-2004 07:53 AM #4
      Quote, originally posted by fixedhalo »
      A kid i was friends with in highschool's mom had a 84 caravan. One day while we were all at the mall, we started walking away from the car when it turned itself on, flashed the high beams, honked the horn and then turned off again. We decided it be best to call his dad and 'pretend' the car didn't work and walk home.

sounds like an episode out of scooby doo.

Vehicles
      2007 Gti #422
      05-31-2004 08:05 AM #5
      I have one for you. I swear my delivery van is haunted. The guy that use to do my route always drove the same van I now drive #13. This guy loved his job and worked very hard because he was way in debt child support, car payment, mortage. He worked like 6 or 7 days a week. Because of his hard work and lack of proper diet (Jack in the Box), smoking, and drinking he died of a heart attack at age 52. So right after his death I was chosen to start doing the route he did. So one night a few weeks after his death I go into one of my stops on my route. I am only in there about 1 or 2 minutes. When I get back to the van open the door and start to sit in the drivers seat I feel spider webs all over my face and arms. I'm thinking there is no way a spider can lay out that many spider webs in 2 minutes. Then another time while I was driving I felt someone touch my right elbow I almost drove off the road. The last thing that happened was one night I was almost done with my route I was at the very last stop. I get out of the van go in and for a few minutes and come back out and there is a small cut out picture from a prOn mag sitting right in the middle of the drivers seat. I got in and out of the van many times and did not see it before. The doors are all locked and all of the windows are closed. I think it is the guy who use to drive the van doing it he was always known as being the prankster of the company. I told some of my coworkers about it and they are all scared to drive it. I am not scared at all it still runs pretty good and has only let me down once even though is has 434,000 miles on it.
      Well thats my story.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      07 Saab 9-5 Combi, 85 Saab 900 SPG
      05-31-2004 11:31 AM #6
      I was working on my 63 hearse, (i know cliche huh?) I was sitting backward in the seat with my head by the pedals messing with the fuses. I was pulling them with some metal plyers, and accidently arked one of them. I decided to pull the battery cable like your supposed to in the beggining.

I went back under the dash, and heard this wierd ticking, after a few moments look up, and sure enough, the clock is ticking away. I check, yep battery is disconected. I then decided to stop working on the car and come back later.

Sure it could have been just some electricity in a capacitor, but it hasn't worked since.

7. 05-31-2004 12:39 PM #7
      i read some story about an early 80's Ford Capri in the UK that is supposedly "the most haunted car in the world." There's a website that was up a couple years ago where the owner catalogs everything about it. It's been on TV so there must be some validity to his claim.

Evidently there was a double homicide in the cara (yikes). The guy got it at auction or something for ungodly cheap, and after taking it home, excrement started hitting the fan continuously. Seem to recall his garage burned down, but the car was unscathed; someone parked an identical blue Capri next to his, and it burst into flames, damaging every car around it except the Capri, and periodically screams come from the back seat. He also claims that on a few occasions when driving, he glances into the rearview mirror and sees a man and woman staring back at him, and a second glance reveals nothing.

I've never sat in a "haunted" car, but when I worked for Lexus we got a Lexus SC430 back from the LAPD... evidently someone got killed in it, though we didn't know the details. There was dried blood on the headliner (which is plastic in an SC430), passenger's seat, passenger's door, driver's door handle, steering wheel... it looked like someone had made a hasty effort to clean some of it up as some of it had been smeared around in circles (on the seat and door). It was black on saddle leather, and there were fingerprint dustings all over it, etc. It was pretty creepy. We paid one of our porters extra $$$ to clean the thing out, and we held on to it for a few weeks as we tried to figure out whether to resell it or to just auction it off (we did the latter). In the meantime, I got to pimp around in it, and it was pretty nice for that... I can't say I heard blood-curdling screams coming from the trunk or saw a murdered hooker out of the corner of my eye, but it was weird. The SC430 is one of my favorite cars and so generally a sense of happy and relaxation fell over me when I got into one, but in this one, I felt suddenly more nervous and would come down with a headache that would immedeately dissipate once I got out. The other salespeople and porters and managers all noted this.

I lived in a place for a year that I swear was haunted, I could catalog every crazy thing that happened there, but it's a house as opposed to a car and thus lacks the same mystique.

8. 05-31-2004 12:59 PM #8
      I used to work as a cashier at a local grocery store. We had a rotating lottery type thing between the able-bodied male cashiers to decide who would push carts in the lot. One day it was my turn. Some guy in an old BelAir was trying to start his car. It wouldn't turn over, the battery was dead as dirt. If you turned on the headlights they would barely glow orange for 1 sec then go out. After he tried starting it a couple times he was like, f*ck this. He was going to walk down the street a block to a gas-station/service place to see if he could get a new battery. I used the store's tool kit to help him take the battery out. He figured the shop wouldn't have a reference as to what battery would fit, so he was going to put it in a shopping cart and push it (he was going to carry but I gave him a cart and told him to use that)...

So the guy left. He didn't come back for a long time. I figured they didn't sell batteries there and he just called for a ride or something (turns out that IS what he did). About 3 hours after he left it was dark in the lot. From the far end of the lot (50 yards or so away) It looks like the headlights are glowing orange again and I thought he came back and still was having probs. with the new battery. I walked over there and didn't see him in the car. Then the lights turned on at full brightness and the car cranks up!!!!!! I was like the car then lurched into gear and start rolling. Another cart-boy was watching from the other side and we both ran to stop it from driving away. It was backed into a spot, and as it was driving, the wheels and steering wheel turned as it pulled out, just like a normal driver would. As we got to the car (it was locked), it stopped, then shut off and returned to its previous state. The owner came out an hour and a half later iwht a tow truck and was like, WTF why is my car half out of the spot. We told him the story, and told him we couldn't push it back because the car was in park again. He believed up because there was no way to fake this, the car was parked in park and locked with no battery. Very scary. I was shaking for like 30 minutes afterwords.

9. 05-31-2004 01:16 PM #9
      My Dad's brother bought a car some guy killed himself in. This was back in the 60's, I can't remember what kind of car. Pistol shot to the head, big mess. He got it for free because nobody wanted to clean it up. They called it, "The Big Hurt." I don't know if it was "haunted" but it's kinda grim.

Vehicles
      2013 Touareg
      05-31-2004 02:08 PM #10
      Quote, originally posted by Chronogoof89 »
      I used to work as a cashier at a local grocery store. We had a rotating lottery type thing between the able-bodied male cashiers to decide who would push carts in the lot. One day it was my turn. Some guy in an old BelAir was trying to start his car. It wouldn't turn over, the battery was dead as dirt. If you turned on the headlights they would barely glow orange for 1 sec then go out. After he tried starting it a couple times he was like, f*ck this. He was going to walk down the street a block to a gas-station/service place to see if he could get a new battery. I used the store's tool kit to help him take the battery out. He figured the shop wouldn't have a reference as to what battery would fit, so he was going to put it in a shopping cart and push it (he was going to carry but I gave him a cart and told him to use that)...

So the guy left. He didn't come back for a long time. I figured they didn't sell batteries there and he just called for a ride or something (turns out that IS what he did). About 3 hours after he left it was dark in the lot. From the far end of the lot (50 yards or so away) It looks like the headlights are glowing orange again and I thought he came back and still was having probs. with the new battery. I walked over there and didn't see him in the car. Then the lights turned on at full brightness and the car cranks up!!!!!! I was like the car then lurched into gear and start rolling. Another cart-boy was watching from the other side and we both ran to stop it from driving away. It was backed into a spot, and as it was driving, the wheels and steering wheel turned as it pulled out, just like a normal driver would. As we got to the car (it was locked), it stopped, then shut off and returned to its previous state. The owner came out an hour and a half later iwht a tow truck and was like, WTF why is my car half out of the spot. We told him the story, and told him we couldn't push it back because the car was in park again. He believed up because there was no way to fake this, the car was parked in park and locked with no battery. Very scary. I was shaking for like 30 minutes afterwords.

That is too bizarre to believe

Go Gators!

Vehicles
      A family of VWs
      05-31-2004 08:12 PM #11
      Quote, originally posted by rel1001 »

no joke, sounds like a Christine story.......

Go Cardinals!

05-31-2004 08:31 PM #12
      Quote, originally posted by rel1001 »

I've heard of stuff like that. I'm not sure if anyone has heard of the book Lady and the Manor? (Or something like that) Anyway, there is a part in there about a house in town here, and some friends of mine live there. All sorts of crazy stuff happened there, like they would leave their car in the driveway all of the time, but when they woke up, it wouldn't be there. It somehow ended up in their barn all the time, which wouldn't be easy, the barn is locked, and they sleep with the windows open and never heard anything. Then one night my buddy stayed up late to watch, and had every key for that car in his pocket. The he saw the car move, by itself, up the ramp to the barn, stop, the barn door opened, and the car backed in, door closed.Went out in the morning to check it out, barn locked. The house was built by some general like 200 years ago, and there are secret passages and stuff all throught that my friend and I discovered. Other really weird things that happened include a refrigerator from upstairs (2 kitchens, one on each floor) was downstairs one morning. Didn't hear a sound. My friend sleeps with his door locked, and one morning woke up to find everything in his room gone, except his bed. checked the door, and the key was still in there. And one night, we were hanging out and playing guitar, whne the candels in the room suddenly light. That was scary.

Modified by vdubman1 at 7:33 PM 5-31-2004

13. Member
      Vehicles
      1969 VW Beetle
      05-31-2004 08:56 PM #13
      man, these are the reasons i don't want to drive the family van when i'm alone late at night. back when i was a college student, there are stories of silhouette hitchhikers in our campus. a friend of mine gathered a few of our buddies one evening to joyride around campus, searching for ghosts.

and they found one. a dark shadow of a person, standing under a lit streetlight! the figure motioned to them, but they sped home, shivering.

another evening, my buddies and i attended a paranormal symposium in the university. the talk ended a bit late, and we went our separate ways. i was driving the family van then, and dropped a friend at the jeepney stop.

my other buddies went with another friend who drove a kia. when they entered the kia, they felt something weird, as if another presence was with them. they knew, it was a ghost.

true enough, the dashboard lights started malfunctioning. the radio also won't work. so they decided to drive around the campus to wait for the spirit to leave. they stopped in front of the engineering college, stepped out, and sat at the front steps. they felt the spirit leave with them.

a few minutes later, they went back, but the ghost rejoined them.

it was late, but they had no choice. they drove home with the ghost.

after dropping off the others, my friend was left alone in the car with the ghost. when he reached his home. he quickly got out of the car, scampered inside, and closed the door. the following day, the kia was spirit-free again.

14. 05-31-2004 08:58 PM #14
      Quote, originally posted by ponyone »
      I lived in a place for a year that I swear was haunted, I could catalog every crazy thing that happened there, but it's a house as opposed to a car and thus lacks the same mystique.

share that story!

Vehicles
      1995 M3/1987 325is
      05-31-2004 09:05 PM #15
      Wow, good stuff guys! Keep it up!

When we had a post like this a while back, there was one story that posters kept referencing. It was about a haunted 911 (or 912?) that was featured in one of the more popular car mags. (NOTE: Not 'Little Bastard'.)

Vehicles
      1995 M3/1987 325is
      05-31-2004 09:07 PM #16
      By the way - here's the story about the haunted Capri:
      http://www.ark666y.com/

17. Member
      Vehicles
      1969 VW Beetle
      05-31-2004 09:08 PM #17
      haunted 911? i'm all ears! spill it!

oh, and someone post the pic! maybe the spirit might manifest itself!

18. 05-31-2004 09:09 PM #18
      anyone know the story of James Dean's Porsche? There is one (I guess that car was nothing but bad luck) but I can't remember the specifics...

...I even recall hearing that "Christine" was loosely based on this car...

19. 05-31-2004 09:13 PM #19
      I don't believe in any ghosts or spirits, but these are still cool stories.

Vehicles
      1995 M3/1987 325is
      05-31-2004 09:27 PM #20
      Quote, originally posted by rx7racr »
      anyone know the story of James Dean's Porsche? There is one (I guess that car was nothing but bad luck) but I can't remember the specifics...

...I even recall hearing that "Christine" was loosely based on this car...

The story w/ Dean's car was that all the parts from the 550 that went to other individuals caused those people harm in their Porsches (i.e., accidents or other mishaps, some causing injury or death). Also, the 550 was used for various exhibits throughout the country, and after causing the death of one tractor trailer operator, the last company to hire it out returned without the 550 in tow, and no explanation for it...

The 550 is rumored to still be in existence, but whoever has it, isn't telling.

This is how I know the story, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Also - I don't know the story about the 911, just that many people chimed in to say they had heard of such a story, but no one knew where to find it.

21. 05-31-2004 09:45 PM #21
      We should play a game called "Haunted or just poor electrical design quality."

22. 05-31-2004 11:25 PM #22
      When I was a kid, we lived for a while at this place way up in the mountains and a lot of scary creepy things happened there. The one thing that involved cars was that once in a while, when we got up in the morning all the car batteries would simultaneously be dead. The thing is, there were a lot of people living there so we're talking about easily ten or a dozen cars, all suddenly with dead batteries. No explanation.

The place was called "Low Gap" and it was this valley in the mountains with an old farmhouse and barn on the property...later, after we all moved out because of the creepiness, we heard that the son of the family who had originally built the farmhouse and settled there had lost it one night and killed everybody with a shotgun...don't know if it's true or not.

23. 05-31-2004 11:40 PM #23
      These spookie car stories reminds me of Stephen King's Christine

24. 05-31-2004 11:48 PM #24
      here's a good one ...

Couple friends of mine had a cafe. We used to all hang there until they closed up and we went drag racing..(surprise) Anyway, out of boredom one night,we made a Ouija board. Now, some people sat down and started ..wel, lo and behold, they contact someone who is 19 and died in WWI. Ok so...we asked it a whole bunch of questions, and it ws right on every answer. So we told it to go to goodbye..It said no and started moving in circles. Now this is a sure sign that schitt aint going too well. Well, one of the girls started to cry, the candles went out and the board started to move around. Well, smart me pulls my cross from around my neck, held it over the board and said "goodbye" Poof...gone...
      We close up the store and every one is very spooked. Now this parking lot is flat ...like flat!! so Every one starts their cars and just hanging while the guys burn the board in front of the store (3 mths later it went bankrupt) and my car decides to go for a little roll. Now there is a Sub shop on the corner, directly in front where i was parked. One of my friends yell out to me ,and shoves me aside and runs to my car as it was moving to the sub shop..he literally slides over the hood opens the door and gets one foot in on the brake., and it bucks and stalls..
      Here's the freaky part...when we all went over and looked in the car ,the parking brake was up and the car was in first...

you figure it out..

25. 06-01-2004 12:47 AM #25
      I love these kind of stories, keep em coming!

26. 06-01-2004 08:08 AM #26

27. 06-01-2004 08:31 AM #27
      submittied the approval of the midnight society.. i call this story.....

Vehicles
      2011 BMW 328i XDrive / 2012 Acura TSX Wagon
      06-01-2004 10:13 AM #28
      wow, i miss that show on SNICK "are you afraid of the dark?"... ahh good times

29. 06-01-2004 10:19 AM #29
      there was a post like this awhile back and someone actually typed out the 911 story....I tried to search for it and couldn't find it...maybe someone else can.....

30. 06-01-2004 10:37 AM #30
      more more more!!!

31. Banned
      06-01-2004 01:13 PM #31
      Quote, originally posted by assideways »
      more more more!!!

32. 06-01-2004 03:31 PM #32
      Quote, originally posted by schtebie »

share that story!

ok, since you asked...

In 2000 my family moved from a building along Memorial Drive in Cambridge, MA, to this little house on Grove St. (if you live in the area, you can go check it out from the outside; I don't want to give the exact address, but from all the descriptions you'll be able to find it exactly). Grove St. is the dividing line between Cambridge (Harvard, MIT, a few clubs) and Belmont (old people, houses, a CVS). It's a little out of the way, and I was pissed as hell when my parents decided to take it because it totally removed me from all my friends. There was one bus that went out there, and it was erratic. Royal pain.

So anyway, I was pretty upset about this. They were like "no, you'll love it! It's a nice little place!" The main reason that they rented it was that it belonged to a woman who went to the same church as them. They found about 8 houses that were nicer, cheaper and located more conveniently but they were trying to make a bigger impression on the congregation, who ultimately ended up shunning them anyway. Since I didn't have any choice but to live there, I decided to go ahead and check the place out. They drove my friend Owen and I there and we immedeately discovered that there was a local fixture they hadn't told us about: Belmont Cemetary, which was right across the street. Yippee!

We walked in and immedeately something didn't feel right. It's not like a ghost groped me or anything exotic like that, it just felt like a funeral home or something. It was very somber, and it had this stillness to it that felt, well, dead. There was no air circulating, and it was scary quiet. It seemed like sound just kind of vanished into the place.

I was fortunate enough to get a room that was as far from the cemetary as possible. I didn't like the fact that in my sister's room, if you looked out the window and looked out over the hedges, you could see this mountain of headstones. She never opened her blinds up.

Not long after we move in we discover something else wonderful about the area: the intersection we're at is the most dangerous intersection in the entire city, or cities, as it may be. Neither Cambridge nor Belmont wanted to take responsibility for it and as such, the one stop sign there was faded almost down to its bare metal and behind some trees. It was a 3-way stop; across the street from me was a big park, and you had Grove intercepting Huron Ave (you can mapquest it if you wanna see) right out in front. The lines in the street were faded, and it was an abnormally large intersection, and someone on Grove making a left onto Huron would fly through at 60 or so mph (no stoplights or signs anywhere) and then there would be someone making a left from Huron to Grove and they'd be doing about the same and then BAM! Head on collision. There were two fatilities there in that year. The first week we were there, there was a woman in an 80's Camry who slammed into some guy in an 80's Camry and we heard the crash (it was me and my younger sisters and girlfriend) and about 10 seconds later, this lady with flame red hair who looks like a goofy kindergarten teacher runs through our door screaming "OH MY GOD! I KILLED HIM!! OH MY GOD!" My g/f and sister calmed her down and I ran outside with my cell to dial 911 and yup, that dude was dead...

After we'd come to grips with this, we found out another interesting tidbit. Our back yard became a treeline that separated the house from the Fresh Pond golf course and the pond itself. About 7 months before we moved in, a few jocks from Belmont high got smashed at a party nearby and decided they'd go to the gold course and get up to typical high school football team hijinks. One of them got up on a large, mossy rock in the backyard, for whatever reason, and since it had rained and the rock was wet, slipped and knocked himself out. His friends laughed at him for being a dumbass and then left to go be cool. Well, their friend was laying face down in a puddle and died sometime inbetween, so they left him there and bolted; the previous residents found him the next day.

So to recap, so far, we have a cemetary across the street, the intersection that Satan designed, and a backyard that kills football players. But now onto the actual substance behind the creepiness...

Not long after we moved in, I started thinking something was up. I would leave the house and walk a mile to the supermarket when I was home alone and when I came back, things would be rearranged. I constantly felt like there were people looking at me; a few times when I'd go from one room to another, I'd stop suddenly because I felt like there was someone walking into the room and I was about to walk into them. It wasn't just me, either; I didn't want to talk about it to anyone because I didn't want to seem nuts or like I was overdramatizing, instead opting for "this place blows." Unprovoked, my sister one night was saying "uuuugh, I hate this place, I feel like someone keeps following me and staring at me." My little sister Mary, who was abot 3 at the time, would say things about "creepy people" watching her play, and stuff like that. My friend Owen would come over and be totally freaked out; he ultimately quit coming over because he couldn't stand the place. My girlfriend, it was the same deal; she never came over because the place weirded her out too much, and my mom even started saying that she didn't like it.

The really obvious stuff started happening after about a month of living there. I have a pretty sweet Aiwa MD/CD/Cassette shelf system that is 100% fully digital. I would listen to lighter bands like Cake, and nothing would happen. Then one day I was playing Tool really loudly while sitting on my bed drawing, when all of a sudden, the volume goes down. I was like "what the hell?" and turned it back up, and then sure enough, it went back down. I thought the remote was screwing it up so I put it under my pillow and then got up to physically change it, and when I got back on my bed, it went down again. So I grabbed the remote and turned it back up, and it was like that for about 30 seconds, then it turned off. I turne dit back on, and as soon as the song started, it shut off again. I thought the thing was screwed up, but later that night, when I put it on the NPR station, it was just fine.

A few days later I was playing GT2 on my playstation, and had it up pretty loud, and then suddenly, the volume on the TV goes down. I turned it back up and, you guessed it, the PSX turns off, and it audibly clicks when it does so, like someone pushed the button.

I took the stereo to my g/f's house and there were no issues, and so, we called an electrician, and he checked the outlets and said there were no problems. But whenever I started listening to music in my room it would shut off. I was starting to get pissed, and had no idea what was going on. Then one night I was noodling on guitar, and my amp, which is a solid-state Vox and has a switch you must actually flick to turn on or off, switches off in the middle of playing. I went over and the switch was thrown. I turned it back on, and sat there watching the amp, and it didn't turn back off. So I got back up and started to walk away. Click. Amp goes off again.

The next day I woke up and played guitar, and there were no problems. I put my guitar back on its stand, then left to go get some groceries. When I came back and went into my room, my amp had been knocked over, and my guitar, which I loved and always was insanely gentle with, looked as though it had been thrown clear across the room. It had hit the wall and left a mark on it and the finish was dented and scratched. I was really pissed off, and went through the house; no, my bratty sister wasn't home, nor was anyone else. I had been thinking "ghost" for awhile but now was pretty sure of it and yelled "I DON'T KNOW WHO THE F--K YOU ARE BUT GET THE HELL OUT MY HOUSE, DAMN IT! QUIT MESSING WITH MY STUFF! JUST F--KING GO!" and went to go put my guitar back.

That night, when I was in bed, I shut the lights off to go to sleep, and after a few minutes, I heard what sounded like a male voice chuckling. I thought it was my parents in their bedroom, but it would happen again every few moments, and it kept getting closer, until it was right in my ear practically. There was obviously no one in my room, but it felt like there was someone in there.

A few nights later, again when going to sleep, there was no laughing, but, I saw these shadows swirling in the center of my room. I was groggy, so I figured to myself maybe I was just tired. So I blinked and kept looking, but it didn't go away. It became sharper, until there were three distinct shapes that were moving around. I sat there kind of petrified, and then a car went by; when the lights shone into my room, the shadows didn't go away, and I could see them much better. I turned on the light by my bed, and it was kind of funny; when you're a kid, you always figure that when you turn the lights on the monsters and ghosts go away, but they didn't. They just kept moving around my room, like they were just chillin andhaving a peek at things. Eventually they all kind of disappeared, and I spent the night on the couch in the living room.

Then I started having dreams. I started having dreams where I was being bludgeoned and stabbed and couldn't fight back, and that whoever was doing it to me was much larger than me. I kept having the same dream over and over, and I also kept having dreams where this girl would appear. It would be a dream where I was in Cambridge or back in Seattle, and it'd be nowadays, and all of a sudden there would be this girl who was dressed like she was out of the 20's. She would just stare at me with this blank expression. I'd ask her if she was okay and I'd talk with her briefly; her name was Allison, her parents were from Ireland, and she would tell me weird things, like how I was getting better at driving (I didn't have my liscence, but I played GT2 a lot), or that dinner had looked good. In one of my dreams, I saw her with my ex-girl friend, Tami, and they were walking by. I looked over at them and they both just stared back. I found out about a week later that Tami had died.

I've never had her in a dream since I left the place (the girl, that is). My mom started complaining about having nightmares, too, and started seeing a psychiatrist because of it, they were that bad. One evening my family was in the living/dining room, and we had this big window that overlooked the treeline and pond. My sister Lydia, who was 12 at the time, went "oh my good, look at that!" and my mom went over, and said something similar. I walked up to the window and there was this red spere moving through the trees. I though maybe it was a reflection from the LED on our speakers, which were against the opposite wall, but it as it moved, it cast a glow on the trees around it, and it would dissapear behind trees as it moved. It moved over to the rock in the backyard and then kind of fizzled out.

The place kept getting more and more forboding, and weirder stuff kept happening. I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone and left it on the couch to go use the bathroom, and when I came back she was talking, gonig "huh? who is this?" She said that she heard someone whisperig into the phonel that it was actually a discernable voice, and she couldn't recognize anything. Another time, she said that it sounded like there were a few people chanting, it sounded like they were going "OH-ME, OH-ME, OH-ME" over and over until I picked it back up and went "hey."

The last truly horrifying experience was one night, at about 2am, I was on the computer in the living room. The wall had a big mirror on it for some reason that spanned the entire wall; it was pretty stupid looking. I was typing, and I started seeing the black shapes again out of the corner of my eye. When I went to look, there was nothing. I tried to ignore it, and kept typing. Then all of as sudden I felt like there was, I don't really know how to describe it, it was kind of like that feeling of adrenaline you get in your spine when you get excited, but it was around me instead of in me. Then there was a "thud" that you could feel, like something heavy hit the ground behind me, and then, you got the sensation and felt the motion of something being dragged away. My sister's bedroom had a door into the garage, and she always left her door open a crack at night, and the door moved open like there was something pushing it. I just kept sitting there, and it felt like someone walked by me toward the kitchen, and then I heard steps goin from the hall into my bedroom. I was curious, but not that scared, and stood up to go check it out. I walked into the kitched and what happened from there is difficult to describe, but, it ended in me running screaming from the house and across the street to the park, where I sat until almost daybreak.

I f--king hate that house. needless to say we didn't renew our lease. I spent most of the nights thereafter at friend's places or my g/f's place (it was only a month or so anyway).

I don't want to actually come out and say it was haunted because I don't want to sound like a kook, and I'm not especially into the occult or paranormal stuff (I was when I was a kid, and every now & then I flip through a UFO book at a Barnes & Noble for kicks, but I'm not into it at all). But I probably sound enough like a kook anyway now, so what the hell... if there was ever a place that was haunted, that was it.

33. Banned
      06-01-2004 04:04 PM #33
      I don't think you are a kook. As they say with restaurants, "That many people can't be wrong."

No ghost stories here to report, but we lived in an old victorian house that gave EVERY SINGLE PERSON the creeps and chills at the SAME EXACT point in the house, near the attic.

When we moved everynoe expressed relief that we didn't live there anymore.

34. 06-01-2004 04:29 PM #34
      Quote »
      and what happened from there is difficult to describe, but, it ended in me running screaming from the house and across the street to the park, where I sat until almost daybreak.

WTF!? Try and describe it anyway! I was enjoying the story. I commend your bravery, though. I would have run screaming WAY before that.

06-01-2004 04:30 PM #35
      I just talked to my buddy today with the car that keeps getting locked in the barn, and lastnight it happened again. He also woke up to find that every window in the house was opened. The only window that was opened when he went to bed was the one in his bedroom. His parents are away, and he was freaking out. So he's staying here until his parents come back lol.

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast