VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

1. Member
      Vehicles
      1969 VW Beetle
      05-31-2004 05:14 AM #1
      anybody here ever experienced the supernatural in their cars? did anybody get something extra with their project or restored car?
      a friend of mine told me last night about an old toyota corona they bought back in the 90's. the car was an early 80's model. it was said that a friend of the previous owner figured in an accident, and died in the backseat on the way to the hospital. so what they did was they had the car blessed.
      however, weird stuff started to occur. like the lights flashing once or twice at night... with a dead battery. also, my friend swore that he once heard some sort of "wheezing" sound from the car, like someone who has trouble breathing.
      so anybody here experienced similar tales?

2. Member
      Vehicles
      66'KG, 69' KG, 94' Miata, 06' Exige
      05-31-2004 05:28 AM #2
      Well not a haunted car story but 3 of my friends were once driving in a mildly foggy night when they ALL saw some guy jogging on the side of the road. One of them said, "hey mike, watch out for that guy!" and mike said, "yeah I see him." and once they got close to him, he was no where to be found. From then on they all called him the ghost jogger. Also this one time when some of my friends were all in one car coming home from school. There was this bridge that they pass under daily and some kid comitted suicide there a year prior. It was in the local news paper and everything. Anyways, as they were driving under it, one of my friend just got a chill....mind you this was freaking summer in 90 degree weather...and he said, damn I just got a chill, lol...and one of my other friend was like damn me too! Then the other 2 in the back said that they felt it too! Crazy stuff!

Vehicles
      2011 JSW TDI 6sp, 2013 GLK250 Bluetec
      05-31-2004 07:44 AM #3
      A kid i was friends with in highschool's mom had a 84 caravan. One day while we were all at the mall, we started walking away from the car when it turned itself on, flashed the high beams, honked the horn and then turned off again. We decided it be best to call his dad and 'pretend' the car didn't work and walk home.

4. 05-31-2004 07:53 AM #4
      Quote, originally posted by fixedhalo »
      A kid i was friends with in highschool's mom had a 84 caravan. One day while we were all at the mall, we started walking away from the car when it turned itself on, flashed the high beams, honked the horn and then turned off again. We decided it be best to call his dad and 'pretend' the car didn't work and walk home.

sounds like an episode out of scooby doo.

Vehicles
      2007 Gti #422
      05-31-2004 08:05 AM #5
      I have one for you. I swear my delivery van is haunted. The guy that use to do my route always drove the same van I now drive #13. This guy loved his job and worked very hard because he was way in debt child support, car payment, mortage. He worked like 6 or 7 days a week. Because of his hard work and lack of proper diet (Jack in the Box), smoking, and drinking he died of a heart attack at age 52. So right after his death I was chosen to start doing the route he did. So one night a few weeks after his death I go into one of my stops on my route. I am only in there about 1 or 2 minutes. When I get back to the van open the door and start to sit in the drivers seat I feel spider webs all over my face and arms. I'm thinking there is no way a spider can lay out that many spider webs in 2 minutes. Then another time while I was driving I felt someone touch my right elbow I almost drove off the road. The last thing that happened was one night I was almost done with my route I was at the very last stop. I get out of the van go in and for a few minutes and come back out and there is a small cut out picture from a prOn mag sitting right in the middle of the drivers seat. I got in and out of the van many times and did not see it before. The doors are all locked and all of the windows are closed. I think it is the guy who use to drive the van doing it he was always known as being the prankster of the company. I told some of my coworkers about it and they are all scared to drive it. I am not scared at all it still runs pretty good and has only let me down once even though is has 434,000 miles on it.
      Well thats my story.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      07 Saab 9-5 Combi, 85 Saab 900 SPG
      05-31-2004 11:31 AM #6
      I was working on my 63 hearse, (i know cliche huh?) I was sitting backward in the seat with my head by the pedals messing with the fuses. I was pulling them with some metal plyers, and accidently arked one of them. I decided to pull the battery cable like your supposed to in the beggining.
      I went back under the dash, and heard this wierd ticking, after a few moments look up, and sure enough, the clock is ticking away. I check, yep battery is disconected. I then decided to stop working on the car and come back later.
      Sure it could have been just some electricity in a capacitor, but it hasn't worked since.

7. 05-31-2004 12:39 PM #7
      i read some story about an early 80's Ford Capri in the UK that is supposedly "the most haunted car in the world." There's a website that was up a couple years ago where the owner catalogs everything about it. It's been on TV so there must be some validity to his claim.
      Evidently there was a double homicide in the cara (yikes). The guy got it at auction or something for ungodly cheap, and after taking it home, excrement started hitting the fan continuously. Seem to recall his garage burned down, but the car was unscathed; someone parked an identical blue Capri next to his, and it burst into flames, damaging every car around it except the Capri, and periodically screams come from the back seat. He also claims that on a few occasions when driving, he glances into the rearview mirror and sees a man and woman staring back at him, and a second glance reveals nothing.
      I've never sat in a "haunted" car, but when I worked for Lexus we got a Lexus SC430 back from the LAPD... evidently someone got killed in it, though we didn't know the details. There was dried blood on the headliner (which is plastic in an SC430), passenger's seat, passenger's door, driver's door handle, steering wheel... it looked like someone had made a hasty effort to clean some of it up as some of it had been smeared around in circles (on the seat and door). It was black on saddle leather, and there were fingerprint dustings all over it, etc. It was pretty creepy. We paid one of our porters extra $$$ to clean the thing out, and we held on to it for a few weeks as we tried to figure out whether to resell it or to just auction it off (we did the latter). In the meantime, I got to pimp around in it, and it was pretty nice for that... I can't say I heard blood-curdling screams coming from the trunk or saw a murdered hooker out of the corner of my eye, but it was weird. The SC430 is one of my favorite cars and so generally a sense of happy and relaxation fell over me when I got into one, but in this one, I felt suddenly more nervous and would come down with a headache that would immedeately dissipate once I got out. The other salespeople and porters and managers all noted this.
      I lived in a place for a year that I swear was haunted, I could catalog every crazy thing that happened there, but it's a house as opposed to a car and thus lacks the same mystique.

8. 05-31-2004 12:59 PM #8
      I used to work as a cashier at a local grocery store. We had a rotating lottery type thing between the able-bodied male cashiers to decide who would push carts in the lot. One day it was my turn. Some guy in an old BelAir was trying to start his car. It wouldn't turn over, the battery was dead as dirt. If you turned on the headlights they would barely glow orange for 1 sec then go out. After he tried starting it a couple times he was like, f*ck this. He was going to walk down the street a block to a gas-station/service place to see if he could get a new battery. I used the store's tool kit to help him take the battery out. He figured the shop wouldn't have a reference as to what battery would fit, so he was going to put it in a shopping cart and push it (he was going to carry but I gave him a cart and told him to use that)...
      So the guy left. He didn't come back for a long time. I figured they didn't sell batteries there and he just called for a ride or something (turns out that IS what he did). About 3 hours after he left it was dark in the lot. From the far end of the lot (50 yards or so away) It looks like the headlights are glowing orange again and I thought he came back and still was having probs. with the new battery. I walked over there and didn't see him in the car. Then the lights turned on at full brightness and the car cranks up!!!!!! I was like the car then lurched into gear and start rolling. Another cart-boy was watching from the other side and we both ran to stop it from driving away. It was backed into a spot, and as it was driving, the wheels and steering wheel turned as it pulled out, just like a normal driver would. As we got to the car (it was locked), it stopped, then shut off and returned to its previous state. The owner came out an hour and a half later iwht a tow truck and was like, WTF why is my car half out of the spot. We told him the story, and told him we couldn't push it back because the car was in park again. He believed up because there was no way to fake this, the car was parked in park and locked with no battery. Very scary. I was shaking for like 30 minutes afterwords.

9. 05-31-2004 01:16 PM #9
      My Dad's brother bought a car some guy killed himself in. This was back in the 60's, I can't remember what kind of car. Pistol shot to the head, big mess. He got it for free because nobody wanted to clean it up. They called it, "The Big Hurt." I don't know if it was "haunted" but it's kinda grim.

Vehicles
      2013 Touareg
      05-31-2004 02:08 PM #10
      Quote, originally posted by Chronogoof89 »
      I used to work as a cashier at a local grocery store. We had a rotating lottery type thing between the able-bodied male cashiers to decide who would push carts in the lot. One day it was my turn. Some guy in an old BelAir was trying to start his car. It wouldn't turn over, the battery was dead as dirt. If you turned on the headlights they would barely glow orange for 1 sec then go out. After he tried starting it a couple times he was like, f*ck this. He was going to walk down the street a block to a gas-station/service place to see if he could get a new battery. I used the store's tool kit to help him take the battery out. He figured the shop wouldn't have a reference as to what battery would fit, so he was going to put it in a shopping cart and push it (he was going to carry but I gave him a cart and told him to use that)...
      So the guy left. He didn't come back for a long time. I figured they didn't sell batteries there and he just called for a ride or something (turns out that IS what he did). About 3 hours after he left it was dark in the lot. From the far end of the lot (50 yards or so away) It looks like the headlights are glowing orange again and I thought he came back and still was having probs. with the new battery. I walked over there and didn't see him in the car. Then the lights turned on at full brightness and the car cranks up!!!!!! I was like the car then lurched into gear and start rolling. Another cart-boy was watching from the other side and we both ran to stop it from driving away. It was backed into a spot, and as it was driving, the wheels and steering wheel turned as it pulled out, just like a normal driver would. As we got to the car (it was locked), it stopped, then shut off and returned to its previous state. The owner came out an hour and a half later iwht a tow truck and was like, WTF why is my car half out of the spot. We told him the story, and told him we couldn't push it back because the car was in park again. He believed up because there was no way to fake this, the car was parked in park and locked with no battery. Very scary. I was shaking for like 30 minutes afterwords.

That is too bizarre to believe
      Go Gators!

Vehicles
      A family of VWs
      05-31-2004 08:12 PM #11
      Quote, originally posted by rel1001 »

no joke, sounds like a Christine story.......
      Go Cardinals!

05-31-2004 08:31 PM #12
      Quote, originally posted by rel1001 »

I've heard of stuff like that. I'm not sure if anyone has heard of the book Lady and the Manor? (Or something like that) Anyway, there is a part in there about a house in town here, and some friends of mine live there. All sorts of crazy stuff happened there, like they would leave their car in the driveway all of the time, but when they woke up, it wouldn't be there. It somehow ended up in their barn all the time, which wouldn't be easy, the barn is locked, and they sleep with the windows open and never heard anything. Then one night my buddy stayed up late to watch, and had every key for that car in his pocket. The he saw the car move, by itself, up the ramp to the barn, stop, the barn door opened, and the car backed in, door closed.Went out in the morning to check it out, barn locked. The house was built by some general like 200 years ago, and there are secret passages and stuff all throught that my friend and I discovered. Other really weird things that happened include a refrigerator from upstairs (2 kitchens, one on each floor) was downstairs one morning. Didn't hear a sound. My friend sleeps with his door locked, and one morning woke up to find everything in his room gone, except his bed. checked the door, and the key was still in there. And one night, we were hanging out and playing guitar, whne the candels in the room suddenly light. That was scary.

Modified by vdubman1 at 7:33 PM 5-31-2004

13. Member
      Vehicles
      1969 VW Beetle
      05-31-2004 08:56 PM #13
      man, these are the reasons i don't want to drive the family van when i'm alone late at night. back when i was a college student, there are stories of silhouette hitchhikers in our campus. a friend of mine gathered a few of our buddies one evening to joyride around campus, searching for ghosts.
      and they found one. a dark shadow of a person, standing under a lit streetlight! the figure motioned to them, but they sped home, shivering.
      another evening, my buddies and i attended a paranormal symposium in the university. the talk ended a bit late, and we went our separate ways. i was driving the family van then, and dropped a friend at the jeepney stop.
      my other buddies went with another friend who drove a kia. when they entered the kia, they felt something weird, as if another presence was with them. they knew, it was a ghost.
      true enough, the dashboard lights started malfunctioning. the radio also won't work. so they decided to drive around the campus to wait for the spirit to leave. they stopped in front of the engineering college, stepped out, and sat at the front steps. they felt the spirit leave with them.
      a few minutes later, they went back, but the ghost rejoined them.
      it was late, but they had no choice. they drove home with the ghost.
      after dropping off the others, my friend was left alone in the car with the ghost. when he reached his home. he quickly got out of the car, scampered inside, and closed the door. the following day, the kia was spirit-free again.

14. 05-31-2004 08:58 PM #14
      Quote, originally posted by ponyone »
      I lived in a place for a year that I swear was haunted, I could catalog every crazy thing that happened there, but it's a house as opposed to a car and thus lacks the same mystique.

share that story!

Vehicles
      '95 M3/'87 325is/'87 535is//'14 CX5
      05-31-2004 09:05 PM #15
      Wow, good stuff guys! Keep it up!
      When we had a post like this a while back, there was one story that posters kept referencing. It was about a haunted 911 (or 912?) that was featured in one of the more popular car mags. (NOTE: Not 'Little Bastard'.)

Vehicles
      05-31-2004 09:07 PM #16
      By the way - here's the story about the haunted Capri:
      http://www.ark666y.com/

17. Member
      Vehicles
      1969 VW Beetle
      05-31-2004 09:08 PM #17
      haunted 911? i'm all ears! spill it!
      oh, and someone post the pic! maybe the spirit might manifest itself!

18. 05-31-2004 09:09 PM #18
      anyone know the story of James Dean's Porsche? There is one (I guess that car was nothing but bad luck) but I can't remember the specifics...
      ...I even recall hearing that "Christine" was loosely based on this car...

19. 05-31-2004 09:13 PM #19
      I don't believe in any ghosts or spirits, but these are still cool stories.

Vehicles
      05-31-2004 09:27 PM #20
      Quote, originally posted by rx7racr »
      anyone know the story of James Dean's Porsche? There is one (I guess that car was nothing but bad luck) but I can't remember the specifics...
      ...I even recall hearing that "Christine" was loosely based on this car...

The story w/ Dean's car was that all the parts from the 550 that went to other individuals caused those people harm in their Porsches (i.e., accidents or other mishaps, some causing injury or death). Also, the 550 was used for various exhibits throughout the country, and after causing the death of one tractor trailer operator, the last company to hire it out returned without the 550 in tow, and no explanation for it...
      The 550 is rumored to still be in existence, but whoever has it, isn't telling.
      This is how I know the story, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
      Also - I don't know the story about the 911, just that many people chimed in to say they had heard of such a story, but no one knew where to find it.

21. 05-31-2004 09:45 PM #21
      We should play a game called "Haunted or just poor electrical design quality."

22. 05-31-2004 11:25 PM #22
      When I was a kid, we lived for a while at this place way up in the mountains and a lot of scary creepy things happened there. The one thing that involved cars was that once in a while, when we got up in the morning all the car batteries would simultaneously be dead. The thing is, there were a lot of people living there so we're talking about easily ten or a dozen cars, all suddenly with dead batteries. No explanation.
      The place was called "Low Gap" and it was this valley in the mountains with an old farmhouse and barn on the property...later, after we all moved out because of the creepiness, we heard that the son of the family who had originally built the farmhouse and settled there had lost it one night and killed everybody with a shotgun...don't know if it's true or not.

23. 05-31-2004 11:40 PM #23
      These spookie car stories reminds me of Stephen King's Christine

24. 05-31-2004 11:48 PM #24
      here's a good one ...
      Couple friends of mine had a cafe. We used to all hang there until they closed up and we went drag racing..(surprise) Anyway, out of boredom one night,we made a Ouija board. Now, some people sat down and started ..wel, lo and behold, they contact someone who is 19 and died in WWI. Ok so...we asked it a whole bunch of questions, and it ws right on every answer. So we told it to go to goodbye..It said no and started moving in circles. Now this is a sure sign that schitt aint going too well. Well, one of the girls started to cry, the candles went out and the board started to move around. Well, smart me pulls my cross from around my neck, held it over the board and said "goodbye" Poof...gone...
      We close up the store and every one is very spooked. Now this parking lot is flat ...like flat!! so Every one starts their cars and just hanging while the guys burn the board in front of the store (3 mths later it went bankrupt) and my car decides to go for a little roll. Now there is a Sub shop on the corner, directly in front where i was parked. One of my friends yell out to me ,and shoves me aside and runs to my car as it was moving to the sub shop..he literally slides over the hood opens the door and gets one foot in on the brake., and it bucks and stalls..
      Here's the freaky part...when we all went over and looked in the car ,the parking brake was up and the car was in first...

you figure it out..

25. 06-01-2004 12:47 AM #25
      I love these kind of stories, keep em coming! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast