Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

1. 06-01-2004 04:32 PM #36
      Quote, originally posted by vdubman1 »
      I just talked to my buddy today with the car that keeps getting locked in the barn, and lastnight it happened again. He also woke up to find that every window in the house was opened. The only window that was opened when he went to bed was the one in his bedroom. His parents are away, and he was freaking out. So he's staying here until his parents come back lol.

You guys should set up some kind of video camera somewhere to try and catch it...

Vehicles
      C6 Z06
      06-01-2004 04:33 PM #37
      Um, how bout you tell us what happened in that kitchen....

3. 06-01-2004 04:42 PM #38
      just waiting for someone to mention how this thread turned from haunted cars to haunted houses.. but anyhoo. when going to school, i lived in a dorm, which was a building built back in the 20's. i guess way back it used to be a hotel, then an apartment building, maybe the other way around. lots of crazy stories about the building. i havent experienced anything at all, but always wondered. it was my junior year, i was living with 6 other guys in one huge apartment style dorm. it was about 4am, the only people were up was a friend of mine and myself. staying up that late and working though the night was the norm. so we were sketching, getting ready for some presentation, a movie was playing on his monitor. every now and then, i'd see him look up and over towards the kitchen, then look back at me and ask if i saw anything. i didnt see anything. btw, since we had so many people living there, plus people came to visit non stop, out front door was always open day and night. that night the door was closed. so throughout the night, i'd see him look up and over towards the kitchen area, which right past the front door. i'd just keep sketching. i'll admit that i'd hear various noises from the kitchen, or bathroom. nothing significant, just enough to get one's attention. so i'm sitting there sketching, when from the corner of my eye, i see a figure walk by towards the front door. just a dark shape, nothing distinct. i look over right there and then, so does my roommate. thing is, his desk was facing away from me. he looks over at me and goes "now did you see it!?!?!?" i was like "yeah......wtf was that.."

the door was closed and locked. everyone was sleeping. he described what he saw, and it was the same thing as what i saw. i guess he kept noticing that the whole night. that was the only time i encountered something like that, hopefully the last. we set up his web cam with the motion detection feature ON, in a pathetic attempt to catch the ghost on camera lol... needless to say, nothing ever triggered it. well, thats my .02$

4. 06-01-2004 04:45 PM #39
      I just talked to my buddy today with the car that keeps getting locked in the barn, and lastnight it happened again. He also woke up to find that every window in the house was opened. The only window that was opened when he went to bed was the one in his bedroom. His parents are away, and he was freaking out. So he's staying here until his parents come back lol.

I hate stories like this when something keeps happening and there's no proof when it should be easy to get it. Tell him to buy or rent a video camera (or 2, 3... have some friends along and get different angles of it happening). If I had that happening I'd sure as hell set it up. Also, I'd set one up in the house to record anything. If the windows were open he could play back the tape.

5. Banned
      06-01-2004 04:52 PM #40
      ...so, about that kitchen.

Vehicles
      2009 Cooper S
      06-01-2004 04:58 PM #41
      this thread is awesome. i have no stories. if some of these are fake, the author's are very creative. and now...
      Quote, originally posted by thompo »
      about that kitchen.

7. 06-01-2004 05:09 PM #42
      ...so, about that kitchen.

it was a pretty cool kitchen. it had early 50's formica countertops with these funny spaceagey shapes in them, and a contemproary double-door Kenmore fridge that had the icemaker and water tap on the outside. i made many good burritos in that kitchen...

oh wait, you mean what happened in the kitchen on that particular night.

i'll be honest, i'm kind of, like, reluctant to post it here because i don't want everyone to either accuse me of being a liar or nuts and never listen to my posts again. that and, seriously, most of it is very difficult to describe physically, i.e. i don't really know how to put it to words.

Vehicles
      C6 Z06
      06-01-2004 05:13 PM #43
      Quote, originally posted by ponyone »

i'll be honest, i'm kind of, like, reluctant to post it here because i don't want everyone to either accuse me of being a liar or nuts and never listen to my posts again. that and, seriously, most of it is very difficult to describe physically, i.e. i don't really know how to put it to words.

Listen, people are gonna think that about you either way, ghost story or not. The first time you express your opinion on here, you will be accussed of being a liar and being nuts. So now that's out of the way...please kitchen me out....

9. Banned
      06-01-2004 05:13 PM #44
      Try anyway.

10. Banned
      06-01-2004 05:17 PM #45
      Quote, originally posted by mtrainVR6 »
      Try anyway.

..dont make us beg.

11. 06-01-2004 05:19 PM #46
      im too scared to hear about the kitchen now. damn i should have never started reading this thread.

Vehicles
      2009 Cooper S
      06-01-2004 05:22 PM #47
      reading this thread made me extremely paranoid

Vehicles
      2014 Evo MR
      06-01-2004 05:43 PM #48
      Quote, originally posted by nilocs »
      im too scared to hear about the kitchen now. damn i should have never started reading this thread.

Don't worry. Nothing in this thread is true.

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      06-01-2004 06:02 PM #49
      Quote, originally posted by jomagi »

Whatever. It's pretty damn entertaining!!!

The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

15. 06-01-2004 06:11 PM #50

..dont make us beg.

okay. i actually intended to post it sooner but i had a client.

more or less when i walked in i saw the dark shapes again. i blinked (it's kind of a natural reaction, like when you are trying to get your eyes to focus cause you know it's not supposed to be there), and my eyes opened, for like a millisecond, all the shapes were people, and let's just leave it at this: if i didn't have a reason for being vegetarian before, i had it after that. i pretty much figured out why i heard the dragging sounds, and why it was that the place was so messed up.

at this point i was pretty sweaty and my heart was racing. it was like the whole fight or flight instinct had kicked in, and obviously you decide to do the latter, but you can't actually make yourself move. you're totally petrified. i'm not sure really whether it was physically there or in my mind, but, there was a flash, like a camera flash, but it lasted too long, like it was hanging there residually. in the center of the flash - where the flash was eminating from - there was this... see this is where it gets near impossible to describe. i tried to describe it to larkind, and couldn't really, and i've been thinking about it and i still can't. it's like it was something i wasn't supposed to see, and that i can't understand. all i know was that it was terrifying. And then it felt like someone else was thinking in my head, like there was a thought that i didn't form, that was perfectly defined. it said, simply, "Get out of here." and so i did.

Vehicles
      2004 A4 1.8TQMS
      06-01-2004 06:12 PM #51
      Quote, originally posted by bugatti212 »

Listen, people are gonna think that about you either way, ghost story or not. The first time you express your opinion on here, you will be accussed of being a liar and being nuts. So now that's out of the way...please kitchen me out....

Amen. The Vortex needs a good kitchening. We won't judge!

No haunted car stories - but I spent the night one night in a place where my phone vibrated randomly (no calls) and my keys jingled on a counter (no wind / earthquakes). I've never seen anything happen (those ghosts are clever and know when you're looking) but I've definitely felt some creepiness in my day. But if you've SEEN something - out with it!

17. 06-01-2004 06:14 PM #52
      i'm just waiting for the forum-based fecal pelting...

18. 06-01-2004 06:21 PM #53
      a while back when i was 16 a guy lit himself on fire in his car. I was coming home from my ex's house and it was like 2 in the morning me and my friend mike were going down the road and saw a figure bam sounded like we ran the thing over. So we are both freaking out im right down the street form my house i wake my dad up screaming that i ran someone over so we call the police and rush back down there. Theres nothing there no blood no nothing no damage to the car etc. The cops told us a few people had reported seeing a man standing in the road late at night after the guy killed himself
      @brokedicknick

Vehicles
      1971 Austin Mini. 2002 Subaru Legacy GT
      06-01-2004 06:47 PM #54
      So basically what you're saying is the image you saw was so f__ked up it defies explanation? That's kind of like an Amityville Horror kind of thing. Spooky man, very spooky.

I'm happy to say I've never experienced anything other than my own imagination playing tricks on me, because these stories give me the willies!

The only time I've ever been really freaked out was when I finished watching a marathon of haunting shows late into the night. As I was shutting things down for the evening my cat suddenly stopped dead in her tracks and hissed down the dark hallway. Her tail puffed up and she started growling in a very alarming tone (the, "I'm not *%&^ing around here man" tone). I live alone so I knew no one was down there. Needless to say I was definitely spooked, but I'm sure it was nothing... I hope.

06-01-2004 07:11 PM #55
      Quote, originally posted by dallas16v »

You guys should set up some kind of video camera somewhere to try and catch it...

I want to, but my buddy Steve doesn't want to because he thinks if he does, then nothing will happen. His parents, him, and me are the only ones that have seen weird stuff happen. All I've seen was the candles, and that was damn scary.

Vehicles
      2013 Touareg
      06-01-2004 07:12 PM #56

I would tell him to set up some sort of video camera at night to capture this. One would think with all these stories and modern digital equipment, we'd have a "Ghost Car Lounge" here soon..

Since graduation, I've had to move about 3 times until I found my house and to say the least, I researched the hell out of each place I was going to move into so I don't move into a place where someone was killed/committed suicide/died there, etc.

Great stories. Keep 'em coming.

Go Gators!

06-01-2004 07:14 PM #57

Hey, if thats what you need to believe in order to sleep at night, then believe it.

Vehicles
      2014 Evo MR
      06-01-2004 08:03 PM #58

Hey, if thats what you need to believe in order to sleep at night, then believe it.

Children are afraid of ghosts.

Trust me, real life is scary enough.

24. 06-01-2004 08:47 PM #59
      ok i guess I might as well share. About three years ago during a fourth of July celebration. Me and four friends Jenny, Rob, Heather, and Bob are having a good old time with our graduation party. On our way home Barry was driving and hit a pedestrian walking down a curved corner. He was a little inebraited and we were all very scared and shook up. So we made a pact to keep it a secret in hopes of saving our futures. While dumping the body in a near by sea, the body becomes alive and tried to attack Heather. So we freaked the hell out and threw him in the water and swore to never return to that site. One year later, Jenny returned home from college for summer break. In the mail she receives a letter stating that "I know what you did last summer." Jenny starte freaking out and calls me up and our old friends who were with us that fateful night. I really can't go on because I think I've said too much.

25. 06-01-2004 09:09 PM #60
      Quote, originally posted by inurb »
      ok i guess I might as well share. About three years ago during a fourth of July celebration. Me and four friends Jenny, Rob, Heather, and Bob are having a good old time with our graduation party. On our way home Barry was driving and hit a pedestrian walking down a curved corner. He was a little inebraited and we were all very scared and shook up. So we made a pact to keep it a secret in hopes of saving our futures. While dumping the body in a near by sea, the body becomes alive and tried to attack Heather. So we freaked the hell out and threw him in the water and swore to never return to that site. One year later, Jenny returned home from college for summer break. In the mail she receives a letter stating that "I know what you did last summer." Jenny starte freaking out and calls me up and our old friends who were with us that fateful night. I really can't go on because I think I've said too much.

06-01-2004 09:55 PM #61

Children are afraid of ghosts.

Trust me, real life is scary enough.

Try being in a room where candels just light spontaneously, then tell me you weren't afraid.

06-01-2004 09:55 PM #62
      Quote, originally posted by inurb »

Hahahaha...I like that

28. 06-01-2004 10:58 PM #63
      Here it goes -

When I was about 9 I was at my aunt's house. We used to ride this giant stuffed animal down the stairs like a sled. Well, once when it was my turn I reached the top of the stairs and I noticed a woman in rocking chair. Rocking ever so slowly. She payed no notice to me, and She was at a 3/4 view to me. I was too young and to unaware to be scared at the time. So, I took my turn riding down the stairs and that was that.

Well, years later I mentioned it to my mother. She was kind of freaked out. I described her at-the-time-long dead mother in perfect detail. Silver hair. dark dress. rocking chair, petitie, etc.

It freaks me out far more now than it did then. I have had some other experiences, but that is a good one.

Makes me shiver just thinking about it.

29. 06-01-2004 11:54 PM #64
      Quote, originally posted by ponyone »

okay. i actually intended to post it sooner but i had a client.

more or less when i walked in i saw the dark shapes again. i blinked (it's kind of a natural reaction, like when you are trying to get your eyes to focus cause you know it's not supposed to be there), and my eyes opened, for like a millisecond, all the shapes were people, and let's just leave it at this: if i didn't have a reason for being vegetarian before, i had it after that. i pretty much figured out why i heard the dragging sounds, and why it was that the place was so messed up.

at this point i was pretty sweaty and my heart was racing. it was like the whole fight or flight instinct had kicked in, and obviously you decide to do the latter, but you can't actually make yourself move. you're totally petrified. i'm not sure really whether it was physically there or in my mind, but, there was a flash, like a camera flash, but it lasted too long, like it was hanging there residually. in the center of the flash - where the flash was eminating from - there was this... see this is where it gets near impossible to describe. i tried to describe it to larkind, and couldn't really, and i've been thinking about it and i still can't. it's like it was something i wasn't supposed to see, and that i can't understand. all i know was that it was terrifying. And then it felt like someone else was thinking in my head, like there was a thought that i didn't form, that was perfectly defined. it said, simply, "Get out of here." and so i did.

But what...what were they...but....

30. 06-02-2004 12:27 AM #65
      am i the only person who's got goosebumps readin through these storied

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda 3 HB
      06-02-2004 01:07 AM #66
      dear lawd, I'm definately sleeping with the lights on/music up/door open/gun loaded . . .

32. 06-02-2004 01:14 AM #67
      Quote »
      I don't believe in any ghosts or spirits, but these are still cool stories.

You just haven't encountered anything yet. Or the ones you do are subtle, almost unnoticeable. But someday you might experience something that will shake you to the very core. Something that is completely unnatural and unexplainable. That occurance will change your views on life very, very fast.

I have seen and experienced many very bad, evil, and shocking things in my teens and early twentys. Things that still today leave me awake at night in utter anxiety and fear. I refuse to even watch horror movies anymore. I don't not care to relive those days. If you ever really, really want to see or experience things of this nature, then inquire or spend some time with your local priest, pastor, or exorcist. It will be a real learning experience. Not for the faint of heart though.

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda 3 HB
      06-02-2004 01:32 AM #68
      actually, now that I think of it, I've had some definate "I'm not alone" chills in certain places. The coldest and most obvious one was in my (ex) girlfriends house, built over 100 years ago oustide of Albany. Nice place, except for this really creepy chill you felt at the top of the stairs . . .

On an unrelated note, her mother, an avid swimmer, passed away about 14 months ago, and both sisters could smell chlorine around the house the day after she died.

On yet another unrelated note; back to Ponyone's friggin creepy post, has anyone seen a made for TV movie about a Christian family that moves into a very posessed house? It looks like it was made in the early 90's, but some details include violent shaking, rumbling, objects falling off of shelves, and the dark, swirling shapes mentioned several times on this thread. The family at first takes a camping trip to escape the spirits, but the dark, swirling shapes follow them. Then the family invites their priest to come in for a few days to observe, and of course, nothing happens until he leaves. Aaand, I forget the rest, but if anyone can come up with a name for this movie, I highly suggest you see it. I never finished watching it because I was 12 at the time, and I ran out looking for my medallion cross!

Modified by Black Jetta GT at 1:35 AM 6-2-2004

34. 06-02-2004 02:04 AM #69
      I think RRRicceee cars are scary too...

but this thread is cool. Lots of paranormal things happen all the tim e...lot of the time people are too scared to talk about it . Its' really fascinating ,and at the same time too creepy...now if only we could prove the UFO theory...

35. 06-02-2004 03:29 AM #70
      i'm scared to goto the washroom now.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast