Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

1. 06-03-2004 01:16 AM #126

Modified by JBrian at 10:41 PM 6-2-2004

2. 06-03-2004 01:59 AM #127
      While none of these are car stories, they are all 100% true and happened. You can ask any of the people involved.
      Story Number 1:
      I and two of my friends, Ahmad and Gabby, are driving down NY-96 East at about 11:45 on night, when all of a sudden we all get this really really wierd, eerie, chilly feeling, and none of us want to be there any more. The next night, at the same time, there was an accident, same spot, 3 college students were killed, 2 male, 1 female. We decide, in all our bored college intelligence, to venture back there about a week later, about the same time, similar conditions, kinda misty, and we get the same feeling, dont wanna see whats ahead, so I pull an e-brake u-turn in my Lifted Pathfinder and barrell down the road in the other direction at like 70mph.
      Story Number 2:
      I'm sitting alone at my computer one night in my townhouse at school. I was the only person home at the time, when I hear the toilet flush. I was like OK, WTF!?! . Then, after a couple minutes, I decide it was just RITs crappy plumbing and go back to staring at VWVortex (not homework ). Turn my music back up and find some thread that's interesting, when all of a sudden, the room gets real cold and my music turns off. Not just ends, but the volume knob is turned off. I have one of those Creative computer speaker setups with the little knoby job that clicks when its shut off, and I heard that click. At this point, I was a little wierded out, because there had been other weird things happening at this house before (but I'll get into that later). I turn it back on, and not 30 seconds later I feel a cold, hard, bony hand on my shoulder, feels almost skeletal, and I barely hear and almost inaudible, Stop that racket! At which point I almost crapped myself. I swung around, to see who was there, felt my hand contact something, but saw what can only be described as an area of distortion of the rest of the stuff in the room. It was like a smaller version of a little old lady (Ok, I'm not sleeping tonight... ), but not really, it was humanoid in shape, but nothing was defined. I stared at it for what seemed like 15 minutes, but was really about a blink, and then it vanished. The room then returns to its original temperature. I'm sure it wasnt just a chill, because I could actually see condensation building on the windows, and I could see my breath. I went outside, and at that point, my roommate had just pulled in. I told him what happened, and he said, ok, now that makes 2 of us, lets get the hell out of here. I didnt sleep for 3 days.
      Story 3:
      I'm sitting in a tent one night with my cousin, Justin. We're camping in some creepy ass woods in NC and decide to find out why these woods are so creepy. So Justin decides to do a subconscious connection to see if there are any loose spirits in the area and sure enough, there were. So I'm thinking to myself, alright, all you ****ing ghosts, get the hell out of here. Then, on the paper that my cousin was doing the subconscious connection thing appeared. "NO, DANIEL MARTIN, YOU GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE." It was in red ink. My cousin was using pencil. Also, he is left handed, and it was very obviously written by someone who was right handed. Very very scary.
      Before that, however, we were being dumb and testing these *spirits* out. I held up my drivers license behind my back, I was facing my cousin, so that he couldnt see it. Then I audibly asked, what is my drivers license number, anyone can answer this. My cousin responds, I don't know, can someone help. Then he writes it, onto the paper, exactly as it appears on the license. There is no way that he could've known my number, since VA doesn't use SSNs, I don't even know my number...
      Tidbit 4:
      Not really a story, but I was at my Grandfather's house today looking for a tarp. He passed away March 13th (9 years to the day, and exactly 6 months before his 90th birthday) after my grandma died) in the family room (he called in the Rumpus Room). Now, I'm wandering around, looking for it, and I swear I *hear* him ask, "what are you looking for Danny?" I was there with my friend, so I didn't want to wierd him out, so I said "A tarp, a tarp, where would a tarp be?" And the whole time I was there, there was this strange kind of warm, comfortable feeling there, except in the baseball room (my grandfather had a huge collection of autographed baseballs, and he had a whole room for them, we called it, for obvious reasons, the baseball room), that place was cold as ice, very still, and musty. He hadn't gone in there in over 2 years. (Ok, so, I'm getting chills again...)
      There is one more, but I will not tell it. Just the thought of this is going to keep me up all night.
      :shivers:

Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, carbon steel gray, manual, sunroof/nav
      06-03-2004 02:40 AM #128
      Quote, originally posted by koko12 »
      But the photo was not standing still, it was swaying from side to side at and incredible speed. We immediately turned on the light and the photo was standing still..

got the chills right there. my friend lou has told me a few ghost stories and one of them was similar to this. he told me that his little cousin who lives with him woke up crying one night and his uncle woke up to see what was the matter, and when he turned the lights on a picture frame that was hanging above the couch where she was sleeping was swaying back and forth really fast, he ran toward her and picked her up, and moments after the picture fell off the wall....
      i dont have any real stories myself, just a few little things that have happened over the years that i always just brushed off and didnt pay much attention to. but now after reading this im starting to think otherwise.
      i remember in my old house, i must have been 2 yrs old, and i had one of those toy robots from the 80s, that would light up and roll around and had different buttons on them that made noise and stuff. well a couple of times my mom woke up in the middle of the night because she heard the robot, when she walked in my room it was rolling around the room by itself and i was sound asleep. at the time i had one of those things that keep you from falling out of bed, its like a gate, for when your making the transition from a crib to a bed, soits unlikely that i got up and turned it on. it had a small black switch on the back that has to be clicked on in order for it to work.so that was pretty weird.
      i used to be terrified of my buddy, because of the chucky movies... but i always had him in my room with me and the night light would shine right on his face, but i didnt want to move him cuz i wanted him where i could see him. anyway one night i couldnt sleep and he was creeping me out so i put him in the living room and went back to bed. when i woke up in the morning i had the door cracked open a little, and i could swear that for a split second i saw the little bastard peak around the corner. i know i probably didnt, but i could sweat that i did, i remember laying ther motionless scraed to ****.
      and something more recent, driving in my friends car on rt 25 long island ny, near the ridge fire department, we were just driving along, when we both saw a figure on a bike about 100 feet ahead dart across the road from the left side to the right side. when we got up to where he had passed there was nowhere for him to have ridden his bike, there was nothing but dense woods. if someone would have tried to ride a bike across the road like that they would have smashed into a bunch of trees.

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda 3 HB
      06-03-2004 03:34 AM #129
      Quote, originally posted by VW_Urf »
      Story Number 2:
      I'm sitting alone at my computer one night in my townhouse at school. I was the only person home at the time, when I hear the toilet flush. I was like OK, WTF!?! . Then, after a couple minutes, I decide it was just RITs crappy plumbing and go back to staring at VWVortex (not homework ). Turn my music back up and find some thread that's interesting, when all of a sudden, the room gets real cold and my music turns off. Not just ends, but the volume knob is turned off. I have one of those Creative computer speaker setups with the little knoby job that clicks when its shut off, and I heard that click. At this point, I was a little wierded out, because there had been other weird things happening at this house before (but I'll get into that later). I turn it back on, and not 30 seconds later I feel a cold, hard, bony hand on my shoulder, feels almost skeletal, and I barely hear and almost inaudible, Stop that racket! At which point I almost crapped myself. I swung around, to see who was there, felt my hand contact something, but saw what can only be described as an area of distortion of the rest of the stuff in the room. It was like a smaller version of a little old lady (Ok, I'm not sleeping tonight... ), but not really, it was humanoid in shape, but nothing was defined. I stared at it for what seemed like 15 minutes, but was really about a blink, and then it vanished. The room then returns to its original temperature. I'm sure it wasnt just a chill, because I could actually see condensation building on the windows, and I could see my breath. I went outside, and at that point, my roommate had just pulled in. I told him what happened, and he said, ok, now that makes 2 of us, lets get the hell out of here. I didnt sleep for 3 days.

Hey VW Urf, you live in Colony or Perkins?

06-03-2004 03:49 AM #130
      all these stories are awesome, but now its 3:48am and im going to attempt to sleep
      i always have a weird feeling like someone is watching me, and since my house is 100 years old, i'm always hearing weird noises coming from different rooms but i haven't seen anything

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda 3 HB
      06-03-2004 03:51 AM #131
      Quote, originally posted by iiznoodles »
      all these stories are awesome, but now its 3:48am and im going to attempt to sleep
      i always have a weird feeling like someone is watching me, and since my house is 100 years old, i'm always hearing weird noises coming from different rooms but i haven't seen anything

I have the feeling right now! I sometimes look over my shoulder, and I dont want to turn all the way around . . .

7. 06-03-2004 04:54 AM #132

damn you bastids ... I'm sitting here behind the computer, reading this thread on the edge of my seat, when I see something move in the corner of my eye. I jump out of my seat, in kung-fu mode ready to kick some ghost-butt, stumble backwards over a box, and land square on my ass.
      The "apparition" was a curl of my long hippie hair.

8. 06-03-2004 05:38 AM #133
      two nights in a roll reading this stuff, keep it coming guys.....

Vehicles
      2003 20th AE BMP // 09 Challenger SRT8 // Cayman
      06-03-2004 09:22 AM #134
      damn this thread is awesome
      bump!

10. 06-03-2004 10:12 AM #135
      bump dat.

Vehicles
      2016 Mazda 6, 2015 CX-5
      06-03-2004 11:17 AM #136
      So I'm thinking to myself, alright, all you ****ing ghosts, get the hell out of here. Then, on the paper that my cousin was doing the subconscious connection thing appeared. "NO, DANIEL MARTIN, YOU GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE." It was in red ink. My cousin was using pencil. Also, he is left handed, and it was very obviously written by someone who was right handed. Very very scary.

What happened to the sheet of paper?

Vehicles
      2009 Cooper S
      06-03-2004 11:20 AM #137
      There is one more, but I will not tell it. Just the thought of this is going to keep me up all night.

ohhhh, come on. you saw what happened when the kitchen story got held back. please tell

13. 06-03-2004 11:38 AM #138
      Mine's not all that exciting, but I called out of work sick today, and I'm bored so I'll tell it. Before I tell it, it should be known that I've never really been scared of "ghosts" or "hauntings" since I was a little kid, and I don't believe in them.
      About a month ago me and my girlfriend were hanging out and she goes, "I heard about this scary tree called 'the devil's tree' up in Bernard's township (Northern NJ). Wanna go see if we can find it?" So I agree, and we drive up there and look around for the road that it's supposed to be on. We finally found "Mountain Road" after about an hour of driving around, and head down it. It's about 10:30 at night now, and the moon was pretty bright, but there were some eery clouds to the north. The road was really quiet, we didn't see another car the whole time we were on it. There were only a few occasional really big fancy houses, the rest of the road is either farmland or forest.
      Anyway, we didn't really know what we were looking for other than it was supposed to be a scary looking tree. We kept pointing to trees that stood out a little bit from the rest and saying, "Is that it?" We came to a bend in the road, and to the left was a big field, and about 100 yards into the field was a big mean looking tree, with two small shrubs to the right of it. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was "the devil's tree." I hadn't been feeling scared the whole time, and wasn't expecting to be scared if we actually found it, I thought the whole thing was gonna be lame. But when my eyes layed on it, I was just overcome with a sense of dread and horror. I had immediate goosebumps, and the hair on the back of my neck was all tingly. When we passed it, I asked my girlfriend (who was driving) if she saw the tree, and she said no, she was looking the opposite direction. I was like, "You gotta see it, turn around." She said she wanted to see some more big houses, so she drove to the end of the road, and turned around. On the way back, we saw a couple deer, and I freaked out when I saw them
      We got to the field again, and I told her to pull over on a little sandy shoulder right at the bend in the road where we had an awesome view of the tree. We just stared at it for like 5 minutes, it looked so friggin ominous in front of the bright moon and eery clouds. I could tell my chick was starting to freak out, and she was like, "can we go now please?" I told her to wait a little bit, I didn't want to waste our 3 hour trip up here just to look at a tree for 5 minutes. Just then, off in the distance there was a bright flash of lightening. We didn't see a bolt of lightening, and the clouds in the distance weren't storm clouds. The sky just lit up like lightening, only it was dimmer than lightening, almost orange-red. As soon as that happened my girlfriend had enough and she punched the gas and we flew all the way back to the main road.
      I looked up "devil's tree" on google image search, and I found a picture of it. There's also a link to a website about it. Pretty interesting. I didn't know the whole story about why it was haunted before now.

http://www.weirdnj.com/_night/deviltree.html

14. 06-03-2004 11:53 AM #139
      There is one more, but I will not tell it. Just the thought of this is going to keep me up all night

ok...now you HAVE to tell the story!

Modified by schtebie at 8:56 AM 6-3-2004

15. Social Media Iron Man(and Administrator) jebglx's Avatar
      VWvortex Fourtitude SpeedArena Swedespeed
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI 5DR
      06-03-2004 11:54 AM #140
      hehehe...speaking of trees...
      remember the movie poltergeist ? & the tree that attacks the little boy? i was a kid when i saw that movie in the theaters & for months after that scene, i was afraid to go to sleep in my room b/c i had a tree right outside my bedroom window
      bill

16. 06-03-2004 12:28 PM #141
      I was telling my friend about this thread ..here's his input...
      He works as an installer for a furnace company..they had a service call to go out to a house here in MIssissauga to install a new furnace. There's a little old lady at this hous,e who lives there by herself.
      While his friend was outside getting parts etc, he's downstairs with a wrench unbolting some stuff..he then gets a funny feeling and quickly turns around, and the old lady is staring at him, black eyes and all..with a hammer in her hand...when she sees him turn around, she says .."oh, thought you might need a hammer" HE told her its ok, he has his own, but now he continues working but faces the doorway so he can see if she comes back.
      Well, they never finished that day, and had to come back.. when they came back however, ...no one lives there...the phone line they called doesnt work and the windows are boarded up...but to this day, someone placed a service call, which they have filed. His theory is that once "she" realised "she" was discovered, "she" left...
      the house is on Mississuaga road, and literally looks like Pet Cemetery..we drive by there now and then ..and it is the coolest creepiest place i have ever seen in real life...

Vehicles
      2011 BMW 328i XDrive / 2012 Acura TSX Wagon
      06-03-2004 01:10 PM #142
      thats some freaky stuff there ^^
      i dont have any ghost stories or anything but i do remember one time when i was really freaked out.
      This was back in 94 when i went to Brooklyn, NY to stay at my cousins house. I was really tired and i decided to lay back on the couch and watch TV while everyone else was upstairs playing video games and whatnot.
      I kept looking out the back window and noticed two spots, they must have been there for like 10 minutes, and from where i was sitting, there was alot of glare on the window from the TV.
      anywho, i finally decided to get up and see what the two spots were, so put my face against the window to check it out, and when i did, i realized the two spots were the eyes of this man just staring into the room, i totally freaked out when i saw him, the distance from his face to mine was like 2 inches of glass from the window,
      he took off, and i have no idea what his intentions were

18. 06-03-2004 02:21 PM #143
      It's obvious that no one seems to care that this thread has totally strayed from anything to really do with cars....
      I'm surprised that there haven't been more stories about ouija boards....
      here's a quick one.... when I was 16 or so, I was at a party with a couple close friends and then a ton of people we had never met. At one point in the evening, I strayed lose from my buddies and went out on to a deck in the back of the house. There were about 6 kids surrounding this ouija board having a blast! I had never experienced these things before, so I watched with great intrest.... after about 5 min or so, I came to the conclusion that it was complete b.s. and the kids were, (whether with direct intent or subconciously), moving the game piece to freak each other out... I continued to marvel at their drunken stupor, and turned down an offer to join in....
      ...It was right after I turned down the offer, that they decided to "summon someone new".....(now, keep in mind I had never met any of these kids before, and I was standing back at least 3 feet away)...the piece kept lurching for a beer sitting off to the side, and then it violently lurched all over the place, finnally spelling out the name "RAY".....no one could figure it out, and so they gave up on this "spirit" and summoned someone else.....It stood out in my mind as odd, because it was the first one since I had been standing there, that no one could relate to, but nothing occured to me until the next day....
      ...I had a grandpa named Ray who was a violent alcoholic.....never met the guy. anyway, it creeped me out. I still think those games are b.s., but to this day, I'll never play

Vehicles
      2011 BMW 328i XDrive / 2012 Acura TSX Wagon
      06-03-2004 02:39 PM #144
      Ouija boards are weird, i never used one, and at the same time i dont know if they really are true, or is it just psychological

20. 06-03-2004 02:47 PM #145
      Quote, originally posted by ogmius »
      I found this thread late. Here's my story. On this very night 10 years ago along the same stretch of road, in a dense fog just like this, I saw the worst accident I ever seen. There was this sound...
      Like a garbage truck! Dropped off the empire state building! And when they finally pulled the driver's body From the Twisted... Burning... Wreck...
      It looked.
      like...
      THIS!!!!!!*

Yes sir...
      That was the worst accident I ever seen...

LMFAO
      I just watched this last night! LOL!
      Bump! I've been writing mine here and there and saving them to the notepad. When I get a chance I'll post them. Best thread in a looong time. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      2009 Cooper S
      06-03-2004 03:36 PM #146
      Quote, originally posted by 18TVeedubber »
      thats some freaky stuff there ^^
      anywho, i finally decided to get up and see what the two spots were, so put my face against the window to check it out, and when i did, i realized the two spots were the eyes of this man just staring into the room, i totally freaked out when i saw him, the distance from his face to mine was like 2 inches of glass from the window,

that reminded me of a time when i was about 10yrs old. i was at my grandmothers house in Delaware and it was pretty dark outside. she was out on the deck having a cigarette and i was getting an ice cream sandwich. there's a huge window between the kitchen and the deck, with the trash can right in front of the window. so i was minding my own business, taking the wrapper off of my ice cream sandwich when i finally look up and see her standing at the window watching me. i had no idea she was there and it scared the sh!t outta me. i wasn't too happy with her for a few minutes.
      btw, this thread is awesome [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

22. 06-03-2004 03:50 PM #147
      The paper. I snatched it up and threw it. Don't know what happened to it...
      And I'm not telling that story. No way, no how.
      Bump it up...

06-03-2004 04:44 PM #148

That looks like a scene from the Ring.

24. 06-03-2004 04:48 PM #149
      Quote, originally posted by jddaigle »
      That makes me wonder--if one had the guts in such a situation to stay and say "No, this is my place now. You're dead and it's time to move on, so you get out of here!", what would happen? Would they leave? Would they tell you to f*ck off? Would they do something else?

well, actually, I did... it's buried in that insanely long first post... here it is:
      Quote, originally posted by ponyone »
      The next day I woke up and played guitar, and there were no problems. I put my guitar back on its stand, then left to go get some groceries. When I came back and went into my room, my amp had been knocked over, and my guitar, which I loved and always was insanely gentle with, looked as though it had been thrown clear across the room. It had hit the wall and left a mark on it and the finish was dented and scratched. I was really pissed off, and went through the house; no, my bratty sister wasn't home, nor was anyone else. I had been thinking "ghost" for awhile but now was pretty sure of it and yelled "I DON'T KNOW WHO THE F--K YOU ARE BUT GET THE HELL OUT MY HOUSE, DAMN IT! QUIT MESSING WITH MY STUFF! JUST F--KING GO!" and went to go put my guitar back.
      That night, when I was in bed, I shut the lights off to go to sleep, and after a few minutes, I heard what sounded like a male voice chuckling. I thought it was my parents in their bedroom, but it would happen again every few moments, and it kept getting closer, until it was right in my ear practically. There was obviously no one in my room, but it felt like there was someone in there.

And after that happened, things got worse. It's stuff like this that made me decide that most people who say that they're "experts" on "ghosts" are really just kinda nutty: in any book on ghosts or haunting you read, they say that if you tell whatever is causing your problems to move on, that they generally do; I don't know why they say this. This seemed to piss off whatever was making my life hell and it's like it took it as fightin' words.
      For the record, I haven't ever had any other things like this happen; I mean, yeah, I've felt creeped out but it's all been for logical reasons that can be easily explained. I've had a pretty rough life, I mean, I'm 20 now and I've had well over 10 friends die due to non-medical reasons (like my ex). I don't use drugs and I don't drink. I'm also not a religious kook; I'm Jewish (converted), but, I'm not the "best" Jew ever, and Judaism doesn't have the emphasis on demons and spooks and spectres that Christianity does.
      I was way into ghosts and aliens and UFO's when I was like 8, but I grew out of that, and up until this happened I was pretty much indifferent to hauntings/etc. And I still think that most of the ghost stories out there are BS, or at the very least, overblown; not that I expect anyone to believe mine any more so than anyone else's. All I can do is tell you that it really did happen to me, and after it happened, it put me in a totally different mindset.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      1998 M3 Sedan, 1986 Westfalia, 2004 Forester XT
      06-03-2004 05:46 PM #150
      oh god dammit...I shouldn't have read all these - now I'm going to be all freaked out tonight. Wife's out of town, I'll be working on stuff in a dark basement, and there are already lots of scratching/shuffling sounds coming from between the floors because of a possum that's living in there. Maybe I should find somewhere else to sleep...

Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast