VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

490K views 2K replies 661 participants last post by  BRealistic 
#1 ·
anybody here ever experienced the supernatural in their cars? did anybody get something extra with their project or restored car?
a friend of mine told me last night about an old toyota corona they bought back in the 90's. the car was an early 80's model. it was said that a friend of the previous owner figured in an accident, and died in the backseat on the way to the hospital. so what they did was they had the car blessed.
however, weird stuff started to occur. like the lights flashing once or twice at night... with a dead battery. also, my friend swore that he once heard some sort of "wheezing" sound from the car, like someone who has trouble breathing.
so anybody here experienced similar tales?

#249 ·
ok, none of these creepy stuff happened to me, but its from my ex, so i guess its quite a close reliable source.
I don't know what a oujai (sp.) board but we asians have our own version and its where u hold a small plate and place it on the mat if words and typical answers like yes or no, etc. anyway, what u have to do is place your finger on the plate and the ghost will direct ur finger to the locations on the mat. i guess this is the same with the western version. but the catch is u can NOT leave your finger unless u are permitted by the ghost to leave.
so what happened was my ex asked "it" if she could leave. it kept saying no. she continued to "entertain" this ghost. it wasn't till 4am till it let her go. but yes..these things do exist.
another story she told me was when one of her aunts was about to die from sickness. they were really into superstition and spirits. so they invited this monk. the monk asked her aunt's sons and daughter if they were willing to each give up 5 years of their lives to their mothers. they both said yes. surely enough, her mom recovered after a days rest and was in perfect shape. oh yeah...her mom died exactly 10 years later.
my friend also told me there's this part of CT where if you pass this cemetry or road, u would see a ghost on ur rearview mirror. anyone from CT able to back me up on this?

#252 ·
Re: (RJetta8V)

Quote, originally posted by RJetta8V »

blank tape. Did you forget to press the record button?

"we play it back once, rewind, play again, and nothin but static on the entire tape"

Modified by MACALLEN at 4:46 AM 6-9-2004

Modified by MACALLEN at 4:48 AM 6-9-2004

#255 ·
Re: (Kafer Wolf)

Quote, originally posted by Kafer Wolf »
so what happens when you leave the plate before the ghost lets you?

the ghost supposingly follows you for life is one theory. kinda enters ur body.
another theory says whoever plays the game will be haunted plus the home/place it was played in. but yeah, i hear alot of sources say these things are real. other things are questionable but even my parents who don't believe in these things say they're real.

#258 ·
Re: (chetacer)

I was reading somewhere that ghost can follow you Home. On that ghost site ghoststudy.com they highly recommend to say the protection preire before entering the cemetaries or hunted places and do the same when you leave. Also the recomend to talk to ghosts before you enter the cemetery or other haunted places. Tell them to that you came with Peace and ask them for permision to photograph them.
Read it pretty interesting stuff.
http://ghoststudy.com/new5/menu_tips.htm

#261 ·
Re: (chetacer)

There are several places here in Ohio that have there stories. Some which are fake some possibly true and a few that are jokes, but will scare the hell out of you.
Way out in nowhere land is a road called nimishillen (sp) which is where this older man and his wife lived for several years. Well the old man passed away and the widow purchased the largest tombstone she could find to symbolize her love for him. Well just about every summer the kids from the area would go up to the cemetary and vandalize the stone, which in turn ended up costing this lady tons of money to have fixxed. Well finally after so long she went crazy, so she sits there leaning against his tombstone everynight day in and day out, just waiting for those kids to come by.
As you turn onto this road you slowlty start up a slight incline which turns into a hill, half way up you kill the lights to your car so you dont alarm her. So we head up this hill and I kill the lights (very hard to see so im watching the road) my ine friend tells me to slow down, just let the car coast up the hill. We hit the stopping point where you can see her. I stop the vehicle and start to look around, but dont see anything (there are no street lights at all pitch black) So my buddy points his finger, and way in the background is a little light which outlines this womans body. As soon as I laid eyes on this woman the goosebumps came along with the urge to start pissing my pants not knowing what this woman is capable of. So there she stands looked to be 7 feet tall just leaning on this tombstone. Im in awe cant move, cant breathe, cant talk just in shock. When all of the sudden my friend grabs my arm and screams his head off to floor it. I floor the throttle and the car peels out. I start screaming "what! what!?) He starts laughing and tells me that it is just a joke, and asks if I was scared. So I proceed to stop the car and show him the wetspot in my pants.

It probably sounds stupid, but this was the scariest thing I have ever personally encountered.
Theres a bunch more, but my fingers hurt.

#266 ·
Re: (2.0L8VBoy)

After the first couple pages of reading this thread, I was hanging with some friends and brought up the topic of haunting experiences. We all shared little stories and events that had happened to each of us. Then, I asked if anyone knew of any supposed "haunted" places around where we live.
Coincidentally, someone had just heard a story about an old (from 1800s) abandoned ranch...Bar H Ranch. He was told the following by a friend:
"About 10 of us went out to the ranch to camp out because we had heard it was haunted by a witch. We were in the middle of the front field camping, when out of nowhere there is a loud BOOM BOOM BOOM, sounding like someone was beating on something -- it was coming from the area of the ranch where there were several buildings (saloon, barn, office). For some reason we decided to go check it out, and as we approached, the banging got louder.
We got to the barn where the sound was coming from...and slowly walked inside and the noise stopped. Inside there was absolutely nothing. This freaked us out so we all ran and decided it wasn't so smart to spend the night."
Well, my friends and I decided we should go check it out for ourselves. As we first drove by the entrance of the ranch, we slowed...it looked like this, except with a newer gate which was broken and thrown to the ground.

The road went up a hill about half a mile into some woods, which we could barely see because it was around midnight. We decided not to drive up the hill, bc it would have been a PITA to turn around...if there was something up there...
So we parked across the street, and began walking up the hill. It was completely creepy, and the four of us all were paranoid of every sound - if someone shuffled their feet and made a noise, we all jumped. There were fields on either side of us, but were very overgrown, and there was about a 5 foot tall tree/brushline on both sides.
It had rained earlier in the day, so there was a light fog on the ground all around us. GREAT! We get to the top of the hill, and turn to the right towards the buildings. It's about a quarter mile to the buildings...and as we get near them, i glance over my shoulder back to the corner where we had made the turn. There were two trees that formed an arch so there was a clearing. As i looked through that clearing, I knew i saw a dark shadow move swiftly across it. I stopped, and so did the other three and they all began staring in that direction.
Next, a very hazy, near-transparent figure came into view in that clearing..."hey man, you see that?" each person was seeing the exact same thing. this scared the crap out of all us, and so we kept walking AWAY from the figure. As we turned back around, we saw a bike in the middle of the road. Immediately we thought someone else was here, but at closer view - it was completely rusted and very old, haven't being used in decades it looked like.
About 10 yards ahead is the saloon (per the big sign on the top of the building)...or what is left of it. Something white caught our eye on the ground to the left...it was what looked a very old child's night gown. somewhat like this...

There were some red/maroon stains on it...which were either mud -- or blood.

We kept walking...as we approached the saloon, something was on the ground in front of the entrance. Stepping closer...it was obvious it was an open binder. We were all like wtf? We all gathered around the binder, and leaned down to look at it...
On the left page was a picture of two freaky looking figures...much like this:

Immediately, we all KNEW this was some kind of spell book and started freaking out. One of my friends said "Someone take it!" All of us wanted to take it, but no one would actually take it - for fear that it really was something evil. We all flat out refused to take it.
After this, we saw a light in the woods (or so we thought, or imagined) and we decided to take off running and get out of there. After we got to the car, we drove around to a couple more "haunted" places that we had heard about...at which we had no freaky encounters...so we called it a night.
I got home and got online right when i got home, and was talking to those same friends about the night's adventure.
I wake up the next morning to a phone call from one of my friends that was there - "You'll never believe this. The binder was on my porch this morning."
I went to his house immediately...and he had the binder. His mom concurred with what he said, saying she saw it early in the morning when she woke up. What was in it surprised us - a dungeons & dragons book (the game - which i've heard rumors about teaching witchcraft and demonry), and some information about runestones...
The worst part was...on the back page, there was a note written: "You wanted this, now i want something in return."
There was no way anyone followed us because we drove around for about 30 mins after we left the place. Each of us swore that we didn't do it. So umm...

For no reason other than curiosity, we went back the next day (during daylight)...but this time drove up the road...but as soon as we made the turn towards the buildings -- the bike was gone. No where to be seen. We immediately left.
Sorry so long but...i had to get in all the details! This happened last week!

#267 ·
Re: Haunted Car Stories (2.0L8VBoy)

Quote, originally posted by 2.0L8VBoy »

Holy $hit bro. Your story takes the cake in that whole thread. Creapiest story I've ever read. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Huh? correct me if i don't get it. but that story was basically about a guy who went into a tunnel. heard some noises which could've been ANYTHING. then he ran out safely. am i missing smthg?
plus when u're scared and anxious and u anticipate smthg, alot of times ur mind can play tricks on u. and drip of water in that tunnel might make it sound like a whisper or an echo of someone talking. let me guess...u were one of the ppl who pissed their pants watching Blair Witch Project???

man, when i was with alot of my roommates it surprises me how paranoid they get. one little click and they're like "did u hear that?" and surprisingly i did not even get scared sleeping last night after this thread. there's alot more creepier things in life.

#268 ·
Re: Haunted Car Stories (scud6661)

damn.. sorry for being so stubborn in not letting this thread die. but me being from Hong Kong, i get bombarded with these stories especially when we have a show each week where ppl call in to talk about their stories.
but this is TRUE. public transport is a big part of HK. cars and gas are unaffordable and most ppl take buses or the subway. anyway, every (not sure if its every) bus routes will ALWAYS have an extra run at the end before they retire for the night. for this very last run, they DO NOT stop for anyone. why? this last run is intended for ghosts. i thought this was BS, but someone actually called in to tell her experience when she climbed in one of those buses (the drivers usually don't report these stories cause they're so used to seeing these ghosts). anyway, this women kinda forcefully stopped this minibus (van, holding 25 ppl). she had no money plus she didn't know about this ghost run. the driver let her in knowing that she really wanted a ride. the woman saw a few empty seats. she proceeded to take one. it was awfully quiet in the minibus as she described it and she thought it was simply cause it was late at night and everyone was tired or shutting their eyes. she got curious and gave a look at the "thing" next to her. what she saw was a person without a face. just plain white. it freaked her out. the driver saw this and calmed her down and said "this is the last run. u weren't suppose to take this bus. but its fine, ur stop is ahead. just try to ignore them. they won't hurt you."
man, there's so much more, but i'd like to tell the ones which i hear alot from ppl. u know, alot=reliable source.

#269 ·

Quote, originally posted by scud6661 »
damn.. sorry for being so stubborn in not letting this thread die. but me being from Hong Kong, i get bombarded with these stories especially when we have a show each week where ppl call in to talk about their stories.
but this is TRUE. public transport is a big part of HK. cars and gas are unaffordable and most ppl take buses or the subway. anyway, every (not sure if its every) bus routes will ALWAYS have an extra run at the end before they retire for the night. for this very last run, they DO NOT stop for anyone. why? this last run is intended for ghosts. i thought this was BS, but someone actually called in to tell her experience when she climbed in one of those buses (the drivers usually don't report these stories cause they're so used to seeing these ghosts). anyway, this women kinda forcefully stopped this minibus (van, holding 25 ppl). she had no money plus she didn't know about this ghost run. the driver let her in knowing that she really wanted a ride. the woman saw a few empty seats. she proceeded to take one. it was awfully quiet in the minibus as she described it and she thought it was simply cause it was late at night and everyone was tired or shutting their eyes. she got curious and gave a look at the "thing" next to her. what she saw was a person without a face. just plain white. it freaked her out. the driver saw this and calmed her down and said "this is the last run. u weren't suppose to take this bus. but its fine, ur stop is ahead. just try to ignore them. they won't hurt you."
man, there's so much more, but i'd like to tell the ones which i hear alot from ppl. u know, alot=reliable source.

Dude do you know how freaky of a story that is?

#270 ·

Quote, originally posted by scud6661 »

Now THIS is an amazing story. Wow. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#271 ·
Re: Haunted Car Stories (ultimate steve)

Ok...I am only on page 4. This sh*t freaks me out. I consider myself to be a big tough male, but when it comes to this kind of stuff, it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I may finish reading this tomorrow, its getting a little to close to being dark out.

#272 ·
Re: Haunted Car Stories (vw86gti)

this happened years ago when we were still kids.
we visited my grandparents' place to stay for a few days. now, my grandparents bought the house fully furnished from a family who left manila to live in another city.
the master's bedroom was never used by my grandparents other than a storage area of old clothes (grandma is a junker). they opted to sleep in the library.
so basically, the large master's bedroom gave us kids a fright- imagine a large bed filled with mountains of dusty old clothes.
anyway, the bathroom in the said master's bedroom is regularly used.
so one time, when my mom was giving my kid brother a bath (i think he was 4 yrs. old then), she heard someone exhaling softly and slowly from the doorway. she had her back turned and she thought that it was my aunt playing a prank.
she waited for a few minutes for my "aunt" to get tired from all that exhaling, but then, she noticed, there are only exhales, no inhales!
she knew that something was weird.
my kid bro was still talking about his school and his assignments and stuff, totally oblivious to what was happening.
my mom then started yapping with my kid bro loudly, just so she can't hear whatever it was that was breathing from the door way.
then, the ghost went up to my mom. she heard it exhaling behind her, the sound distinct, behind her nape! that was when she freaked out. she rinsed my bro quickly, carried him out of the bathroom, the bedroom area.
outside she confronted my aunt and my grandma if they were in the bedroom the whole time. of course, they were not.
then we learned the history of the house. the wife of the previous owner died in the bedroom (same bed where the mountains of old clothes are!!!) because of respiratory failure. the old husband wanted to start anew since the death pained him so, so he sold the house with all the furnitures inside it.
these past years, my aunt also heard the breathing, this time in her room.
also, my dad told me that one evening while watching late night tv, he saw, from the corner of his eye, a woman in white, floated/moved quickly through the corridors from the library to the other end. he thought it was my mom, but noone was there when he checked.
now, my grandparents had the house torn down to build a condominium. strangely, only my grandma seems to be immune from the hauntings in that house.