Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

1. 06-11-2004 12:36 AM #301
      Er, where exactly in KC did you live? I'll have to make sure it's not my house, LOL! My girlfriend and I were discussing strange incidents around the house earlier, too. Goin to bed with the lights on tonight!
      We live a block over from where this serial killer's house was. A local eccentric millionaire bought it and tore it down and split the lot with the neighbors. People say the lot is haunted.

2. 06-11-2004 01:40 AM #302
      My buddy called me up tonight and asked if I wanted to go ghost hunting. I was quite intreaged seeing how I've been following this thread and reading way to many ghost stories lately. So he tells me we're going up to the old Lambertville High School.
      A little back ground first. The place was built in 1854, but burnt down in 1926. It was remoldeled in 1927, only to burn down again in 1982 (or possibly 1992, i've heard different reports). Anyways the building still sorta stands there all burnt down.
      Another local legend is that of "Buckeye". There is actually two`versions of this story, but with the same basic back story. There was a championship football game between Lambertville and New Hope (PA). An intense game was going on. During a normal play, one of the New Hope Buckeyes was tackled to the ground. When all the players got up, this boy was left lying still on the grass. His neck was broken and his head was doing a 180. Because of this tragedy, the parents of the New Hope students had football removed form the schools extra-curricular activities. Urban legend #1- You are to stand on the landing between the first and second floors, just inside the front doors, and say out loud "I challenge Billy (or Buckeye, depending on who you ask) to a football game!" Then, out of nowhere, a football is supposed to fly straight at your head, breaking your neck. Urban Legend #2- While on the football field, located somewhere further up the hill, one is supposed to say out loud "Buckeye, I challenge you to a race!" A wind blows in, then either a mist arises or a pair of glowing, red eyes appear at one end of the field. A voices is heard saying "Run to the other end of the field or die!" Ok, most of the sites that I found this on had stories from "a friend of mine" who always swears it's true.
      Well regardless. We made our way up the creepy hill to the even creepier building. This place just begs for people to come and investigate it. The front is closed off by a screen door...so in other words useless. The first floor is kinda boring. Its all burnt out and nothing exicting but some entertaining graffitti.
      So we walked up to the 2nd floor. 2 of my friends walked into the first room on the right. Nothing spectacular in there. A few of us heard something moving around in the rooms across the hall. Unfortunatly the supposed mystical chalk boards that should have drawings of burning/cryin children were gone. I looked straight ahead instead of in the room and I swear I saw 2 red eyes looking right at me from the top left window. I though, "it has to be a reflection or something..." You know how windows have the cross beams in them? Well I moved to the rigth a bit and sure enough one of the eyes appeared to be hidden by the beam. I moved back over and felt the eyes watching me again. I told everyone I saw something, my friend tried to get it on camera. He didnt get anything but a few seconds later they just disappeared.
      That was it for me, I totally freaked out. We all just made our way out fo there and headed back to the car. Regardless of what my friends migth think I know what I saw. It was not a reflection, and it was deffently not an animal. I cannot explain where those red lights came from but I wasn't about to stick around long enough to find out. We never made it to the football field, and I don't think I'll be going back there any time soon. Hope I can get some sleep tonight...

3. 06-11-2004 09:05 AM #303
      Damn man, that would freak me out.
      these are some great stories, keep 'em coming [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      a thumper and a diesel wagon...
      06-11-2004 09:21 AM #304
      Quote, originally posted by The_Hamster »
      the greatest trick the devil ever accomplished was convincing the world he doesn't exist.
      “Supermoto bikes exist so that 40 year old men who know better can act like total a--holes.”

"Crossfit is the meatspin.com of circuit training."

5. 06-11-2004 03:56 PM #305
      man did this thread die

6. 06-11-2004 03:57 PM #306
      someone come up with a story quick!

7. 06-11-2004 04:10 PM #307
      Quote, originally posted by Frank aka Rick »
      man did this thread die

no pun indended... har har

8. 06-11-2004 04:14 PM #308
      Quote, originally posted by Frank aka Rick »
      man did this thread die

anybody got any ghost stories about lumber?????

9. 06-11-2004 05:04 PM #309
      Ok, I got another story. It was in the Philippines again, I'm telling you Philippines got some stuff you won't believe. My uncle owns a beach house and decided to spend a night there with a couple of friends. But to get the beach house, you have to pass a lot of plantation and there are no kind of lights whatsoever. But at night I ran out of cigarettes and was in need for one. I asked my friends if they wanted to come with me to the store which is on the other side of the plantation, but none of them wanted to go with me. So I was like f*ck it, noone wants to go, I'll get it by myself then, tricks.
      So I went through the path near the plantation, it was pitch black and I had no kind of light except for my lighter. I started seeing lights from a little store that was open, so I knocked in the front and a lady came out and I asked for some cigarettes, gave her the money, and she asked me what I was doin' late at night. I said I was staying at the beach house, and once I walked away, she said, "just be careful." From her voice already, it got me scared. So I started to walk towards the beach house in pitch dark, and all of sudden I was near the plantation and I started to smell flowers. Funny cause there weren't any flowers around. It smelled like flowers from a funeral. I was already scared when I started to smell it. What I saw was out of the ordinary, it was maybe like 20 feet away from me, I saw a glowing dress floating in the middle of the plantation, it had long hair but no face. Once I saw it, I started to run towards the beach house. I told all my friends about it, and they told me if you look at it for the first time she is beautiful, but once you stared at it, it will look evil. I sh!t you not, it was pretty scary, nothin' you would believe. The whole night I stayed up cause I couldn't sleep. Man that scary. Someone should do a Blair Witch Project in the Philippines. That **** ain't no joke.

Modified by jahciple at 10:06 PM 6-11-2004

10. 06-11-2004 05:17 PM #310
      She kinda looks like this.

11. 06-11-2004 06:21 PM #311
      i lived near westport and 39 th st

12. 06-11-2004 07:32 PM #312
      Quote, originally posted by chetacer »
      MAN ALIVE! You have to let us know if anything wierd starts happening to your friend (or you). At first, it sounds like someone that knows you was there and is messing with you. Who else have you told about going there, before the actual going?

i told one person that night that we went..but everyone else went to bed after we got home. we were thinking someone was there that knew who we were...but there was no sign of people there....
      Quote, originally posted by spdfrek »
      Yah where is the book now?

it's still at my friend's house. we're thinking about taking it back

13. 06-12-2004 01:38 AM #313
      Quote, originally posted by jahciple »
      I've heard stories like this in the Philippines, I don't know about the last run though. People always tell me if you're driving at night and you see a spirit wanting a ride, you better stop. If you don't, look in your rear view mirror and you'll see them in your backseat and make you crash. Truth or not, I've heard several stories already.

Cool, so all you need to do to get a ride late at night in the Philippins is throw on your KKK-gear.

14. 06-12-2004 06:08 PM #314
      Quote, originally posted by peppie cola »
      Cool, so all you need to do to get a ride late at night in the Philippins is throw on your KKK-gear.

lol, thats some funny $hit.

15. 06-13-2004 02:20 PM #315
      I want to read more ghost stories.

Vehicles
      2011 JSW TDI 6sp, 2013 GLK250 Bluetec
      06-13-2004 04:04 PM #316
      ok got another one. Didn't happen to me but my 5th grade teacher told us this story of this house her and her husband bought. The house dated back to the middle 1700's. They were renovating the entire house and bringing it into the 20th centrury. Apparantly at night they would hear cabinets banging open and closed, the sink turning on and off. The toilets flushing. They eventualy got used to these happenings and even named the 'ghost' George. So she tells her son was wallpapering a room listening to Dire Straights. When all of a sudden it changes to dianna ross. so her son gets off his ladder, and changes it back. And just as soon as he got up to the ladders top rung, it changes back to dianna ross. This happend 3 times before he gave up and turned it off. Kinda weird not that freaky tho.
      p.s anyone have any ouji board stories?
      wow page 10, lets keep this rolling [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

17. 06-13-2004 06:05 PM #317
      Quote, originally posted by fixedhalo »
      So she tells her son was wallpapering a room listening to Dire Straights. When all of a sudden it changes to dianna ross.

Now that's scary

18. 06-13-2004 08:58 PM #318
      I have two stories:
      #1 A few years back a couple of friends and I were out in the middle of the wood about 40 minutes from the city. 3 of us lived in the city but went to school in the town (took a bus daily) but on this particular night we were sleeping over at a friends house.
      There are various stores\churches\buildings scattered across the area and we decided to cut through the old-age home and jump over their fence to make the 20 minute walk 5 minutes. As we approached the old-age home one of my friends tripped and we all started laughing. For some reason or another we looked into the front entrance of the old-age home and the lights were on but no one was in sight. All of a sudden the lights went out and there was an old lady in a wheelchair sitting right in front of the window starring at us. This change was in a matter of a second. Her face was implanted in my memory. Needless to say we all ran out of there as fast as we could and got our clothes all teared up from the fence.
      Fast-forward to last year. I was doing some volunteer work at the old-age home and there was a board with all the people who had stayed in the place but had passed away with the date of their passing and on the board was a picture of the woman we had seen, dated 1 year before that incident.
      #2 My friend told me this a few days ago. His mom was going to California and the night before she was to leave she had a dream that she was walking in a neighbourhood and she saw 3 corpses in a ditch with toys scattered around them. The only thing left from the bodies were the skeletons so for some reason or another she picked up the toys and left. Went home, felt guilty and told her husband to come with her so that she could put the toys back and so they could cover the area or whatever.
      Now this is the freaky part: Remember the 3 dead bodies in her dream? When she came back she learned that her nephew had died from an OD, the person giving the eulogy at the funeral committed suicide the night of the funeral and another person also died. Freaked me out, to say the least.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 VW GTI 1.8T (sold), 2011 VW Jetta TDI (traded), 2012 Fiat Abarth
      06-13-2004 10:01 PM #319
      I read all 10 pages in 90 minutes... goosebumps...
      Time to share my stories.
      1. Years ago, my friend was playing OUIJA with his cousins. Their grandfather had just died, and they wanted to contact him. Supposedly, they brought the wrong spirit, and they told me it wasn't a gentle spirit. It was making sounds in the house, and when they yelled at it to go away, a glass window shattered in the living room. even if they were sh!t scared, they did the thing to make it go away and "close" the game properly.
      2. Okay, this might take long. See ever since I was 6 months old I have been living in the same house. Thing is, it belonged to an old Italian lady that was rumored to be a witch. Her sons sold the house, despite her plee to keep it. One day, after we had moved in, she came back and my mom was on the front porch. The lady told my mom, in italian, that she had cursed the house. If it were me, I woulda sold the house that day, but I couldn't speak, or think...
      Things after that would always be weird inside the house. I remember one night me and my mom would watch tv, and it would turn off, with the remote being far away...
      This other time, I was alone downstairs watching tv, around 2am, and I hear someone walking down the stairs. I figured it was my dad telling me to go sleep, so I turned my head at the last moment; yep, there was nobody. I ran to my bed and under covers....
      When I'm taking my shower, I sometimes hear someone walking back and forth in front of the bathroom door, and that's when everyone is sleeping.
      I have a home theater, and sometimes I just watch tv, with everything else turned off. One time the sound system was turned on, switched to the dvd player that was turned off, with a dvd in it. All of a sudden, the dvd player turns itself on and proceeds to play the movie with the volume very high...
      Ok, now for the disturbing...
      See, my mom died in 2000. Cancer. I remember she used to tell me if she were to die she'd come back at nights and tickle my feet. Well, one night I wake up at like 3am, scratching my feet... I see my mom in front of my bed looking at me, smiling, then a few seconds later she's disappeared.... Sometimes I hear her footsteps around the house...
      My dog had to be put to sleep in 2003. Cancer. When she'd be thirsty, she'd would lie down inside the door frame of the bathroom, because she'd drink straight out of the bath pipe. A few months ago, I saw her do the same thing, only it was a silhouette, and she had been dead for almost a year...
      My dad has frightening dreams sometimes. He dreams of the dead, and when he dreams of someone who is alive, that means that person is either about to die, or has already died. In 2001 we were in Italy. He dreamed of a cousin who died of a heart attack the day prior, and we didn't know about it. Same year when we just got back from Italy, he dreamed of his uncle, who was 103y.o. He had a tumor, but was still healthy. Next day, we get a call from the old country. The uncle died. Freaky...
      Oh yeah, funny yet creepy. I was reading this thread, like 2 pages in, and there something blew wind at my neck, strong wind. It's humid outside, with no wind, and my brother was behind me on the couch (living room located close to cpu) and didn't feel a thing. Freakay!!!

20. 06-13-2004 10:10 PM #320
      Quote, originally posted by Johnny Blue »
      I read all 10 pages in 90 minutes... goosebumps...
      Time to share my stories.
      1. Years ago, my friend was playing OUIJA with his cousins. Their grandfather had just died, and they wanted to contact him. Supposedly, they brought the wrong spirit, and they told me it wasn't a gentle spirit. It was making sounds in the house, and when they yelled at it to go away, a glass window shattered in the living room. even if they were sh!t scared, they did the thing to make it go away and "close" the game properly.
      2. Okay, this might take long. See ever since I was 6 months old I have been living in the same house. Thing is, it belonged to an old Italian lady that was rumored to be a witch. Her sons sold the house, despite her plee to keep it. One day, after we had moved in, she came back and my mom was on the front porch. The lady told my mom, in italian, that she had cursed the house. If it were me, I woulda sold the house that day, but I couldn't speak, or think...
      Things after that would always be weird inside the house. I remember one night me and my mom would watch tv, and it would turn off, with the remote being far away...
      This other time, I was alone downstairs watching tv, around 2am, and I hear someone walking down the stairs. I figured it was my dad telling me to go sleep, so I turned my head at the last moment; yep, there was nobody. I ran to my bed and under covers....
      When I'm taking my shower, I sometimes hear someone walking back and forth in front of the bathroom door, and that's when everyone is sleeping.
      I have a home theater, and sometimes I just watch tv, with everything else turned off. One time the sound system was turned on, switched to the dvd player that was turned off, with a dvd in it. All of a sudden, the dvd player turns itself on and proceeds to play the movie with the volume very high...
      Ok, now for the disturbing...
      See, my mom died in 2000. Cancer. I remember she used to tell me if she were to die she'd come back at nights and tickle my feet. Well, one night I wake up at like 3am, scratching my feet... I see my mom in front of my bed looking at me, smiling, then a few seconds later she's disappeared.... Sometimes I hear her footsteps around the house...
      My dog had to be put to sleep in 2003. Cancer. When she'd be thirsty, she'd would lie down inside the door frame of the bathroom, because she'd drink straight out of the bath pipe. A few months ago, I saw her do the same thing, only it was a silhouette, and she had been dead for almost a year...
      My dad has frightening dreams sometimes. He dreams of the dead, and when he dreams of someone who is alive, that means that person is either about to die, or has already died. In 2001 we were in Italy. He dreamed of a cousin who died of a heart attack the day prior, and we didn't know about it. Same year when we just got back from Italy, he dreamed of his uncle, who was 103y.o. He had a tumor, but was still healthy. Next day, we get a call from the old country. The uncle died. Freaky...
      Oh yeah, funny yet creepy. I was reading this thread, like 2 pages in, and there something blew wind at my neck, strong wind. It's humid outside, with no wind, and my brother was behind me on the couch (living room located close to cpu) and didn't feel a thing. Freakay!!!

21. 06-14-2004 12:06 AM #321
      Quote, originally posted by Johnny Blue »

damn, i was about to let this thread die, but since u mentioned this, u reminded me of my brother's wife. she dreamed of a faceless guy jumping off a building. VERY NEXT day, she was walking in the street near her apartment. there, right in front of her (well, 20meters away) she saw a guy splatter down to his death. she saw the whole she-bang. the blood, guts and brain splattering. needless to say i asked her to NEVER dream of me.

06-14-2004 01:57 AM #322
      Quote, originally posted by scud6661 »
      needless to say i asked her to NEVER dream of me.

better hope not

23. 06-14-2004 03:43 AM #323
      finally finished all 10 pages after a few days...been giving me nightmares, i can't even go in my backyard w/o getting paranoid.
      i'm sitting in my room, and i look behind me and the hallway light is on. its 12:30 and everyones asleep. 12:41...lights are off.
      in my house we have this semi-long hallway, and at the end theres a mirror. i used to come home from school to an empty house (latch key kid)...and frequently, i'd see silouettes in the mirror going from room to room.
      my wife's cousins live in louisiana, which is notorious for hauntings...i've been told that sometimes they hear footsteps RUNNING throughout the house in the middle of the night. the thought of it sends chills through my spine.

the stories you guys post are great, i know my contributions are lame, but i had to get something out. it just makes me feel better.

24. 06-14-2004 07:23 AM #324
      Quote, originally posted by Kafer Wolf »
      also, my friend swore that he once heard some sort of "wheezing" sound from the car, like someone who has trouble breathing.

If that was heard, and the windows were fogged up at the same time, it might have been one of the Vortexers getting their groove on.

25. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      06-14-2004 10:04 AM #325
      Quote, originally posted by wildcoqui »
      it's still at my friend's house. we're thinking about taking it back

Scan that book and post it up. Im sure there are others here that want to see it, plus if there is anything weird about it I want to mess around with photoshop of the scans. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Quote Originally Posted by VikingVR6GTI View Post
      Yep, that was my first thought too. A nice set does not automatically make a chick attractive. Especially when that "chick" is a dude.

Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast