Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

1. 09-29-2004 02:38 PM #421
      Here's one that just happened this last weekend.

On Saturday I opened my bills and noticed that my electric had gone up 40 bucks since last month.....I contributed this to letting my sister move in... (she's starting college and didn't know anyone/have a place to stay yet).....so, as my father used to do to us, I gave her a lecture on leaving the lights on in rooms unattended......she denied it, saying that she was always careful about it, after putting up with Dad's lectures all those years.....

Anyway, because It was fresh in my mind, I checked every room in the house before we went out for the evening.

Here's the Weird part.......We get home, and not just a couple lights are on, but, except for her bedroom, every single light in the house is on....even the light in the furnace room and a light that I didn't even knew existed in one of the basement closets, that could only be turned on by a pull-string, that was hidden behind some boxes......

Yes, It could be one of my buddies playing a trick on me.....but I was out that night with all of them that would know me well enough to go into my house without my permission......

And the timing.....

If the television, stereo, and appliances had been running, I would have rented a room in a hotel......

2. 09-29-2004 03:04 PM #422
      ^^^^ Yikes!!!!

Other than your sister, do you live on your own?

Vehicles
      E90 325xi, '00 Jetta TDI
      09-29-2004 03:23 PM #423
      Yeah, um, time to set up a spy cam.

4. 09-29-2004 08:29 PM #424
      I've had very similar experiences to what you call "Incubus." (Which I always was under the impression was a type of demon ... not that I am religous, I am agnostic)

My stories get wierder and wierder, the suddenly stop.

When I was 13 I got involved with some hippie sort of people, I guess as a rebellion agains my folks. (This was the 80's so they were throwbacks to an earlier age)
      They practiced meditation, yoga, astral projection and even ... trying to unlock mental powers like ESP.
      So I tried to learn these things, took tests like being blindfolded and sorting through 100 colored stones to pick out the two that I had chosen as "my power stones." Not only did I do it once, but I did it 3 times in a row, picking out my stones exactly. (They were all the same shape.)

I tried astral projection, but a lot of wierd things happened so I won't go into that...

A few months after I decided things were too wierd hanging out with the hippies, (well they were wierd too and they didn't wash very often ... too much Crosby Stills and Nash too ) something very wierd happened.

It was around 12:30 on Friday night. I woke up with the sound of rushing waves in my ears. I couldn't move a muscle in my body and seemed to still be half asleep. The door to my room was now open, where it was Shut when I had gone to bed and there was a dark coalescing shape there, just pulsating with darkness. Growing and diminishing silighty with each rushing of the waves. I was terriffied, but I struggled to move, to break free of the dead weight that held me in place. It was to no avail.
      It seemed like an eternity but the shape in the door started to get bigger as the sound of the waves increased in my ears, and diminish slightly less until I blacked out.
      The door was still open.

The next morning I remembered it clearly. I didn't sleep at all the next night. The night after that I slept with the light on.

One month later on Friday night at 12:30 it happened again. Much the same as before but this time I seemed to be able to undo a bit of the paralasys, and move my hand a little. It didn't make any difference, I still ended up passing out.

Fast forward another month, Friday night 12:30. I made up my mind that I was going to stay awake this night. I was sitting in bed reading at 12:30. Nothing happened. I did it! 12:40, all right! 1:00, excellent!
      1:05, I put the book down ... and the light went out by itself. I couldn't move again. I was in a half-stupor like before but somehow aware that I was. I fought like mad and managed to move a little bit but still the same thing happened.

The next month I decided to use some of the stuff the hippies taught me. Friday 12:30 I was in bed, door closed, ready. Suddenly I felt the paralasys, heard the waves saw the figure in the door in a half-stupor. (I never did see the door open it was closed, then open)
      I began to concentrate on white light eminating from me, surrounding me, as I did this the sound of waves got quieter, I felt more aware and more in control. I started to concentrate on porjecting this white light out, surrounding my bed, and I began to be able to move my arms and legs. I was awake. I concentrated on moving the light out and the figure started to move back from the light, until I had filled the room with this (mental, imaginary, it was still dark in there but I saw this light) white light. It was gone, but it didn't shut the door behind it.

It never happened again after that. (BTW, concentrating on white light is the same as imagining white light)

Finally the last happened when I was in HS.

I had a friend who's house I would go to after school. She and her brother would sometimes stay up late and play with an Ouija board. I don't know what they did, but whatever it was strange things happened in that house.

She used to collect those cards that played songs when you opened them, she had about 50. Once when I was there she showed them to me, and then we just left them stacked on her dresser and left her room, closing the door behind us. We went about 2 steps down the hall when we heard this incredible musical racket from her room. We turned around and opened the door ... all the cards were spread out all over the room ... all opened and playing. Some were on the bed, some on the dresser, some on her desk, some on the floor, but every one of them was open and they were all facing the door!

Another incedent at her house, it was getting late in the day and it was getting to be time for me to be going home. I said "I wish I had more time." Suddenly the clock on the wall jumped in place, so we looked at it ... it started going backwards! We watched it rooted in place with terror until it stopped at the exact time I showed up. (No, time did not go backwards, just the clock!)

Things were always ending up in places where they weren't put that house, but my favorite story is saved for last:

Her brother and his friend were playing foosball one day. He had put a glass of milk on the windowsill ... it was a deep windowsill, probably 2 feet deep. He had put it about halfway in. It also slanted toward the window, not toward the inside of the house. He and his friend were joking around about feet. His friend said "well your feet smell anyway."
      At that moment the glass of milk slid about 9 inches up the sill and tipped over ... and spilled the contents onto her brothers feet.
      A ghost with a sense of humor.

Nothing wierd has happened since then.

5. 09-29-2004 08:32 PM #425
      I just wanted to come back in here and say... I have gotten more PM's because of this thread than anything else Internet celebrity status is cool...

thanks, everyone

EDIT: oh yeah... I feel like I got gypped, everyone has all these crazy stories from quija boards; when my friends and I tried it all we got was "U BLO DONKEYS," "RYAN IS GAY" and "UH HUH THIS IS ELVIS"

Modified by ponyone at 5:35 PM 9-29-2004

Vehicles
      E90 325xi, '00 Jetta TDI
      09-30-2004 10:19 AM #426
      Quote, originally posted by MissMouse »
      The door to my room was now open, where it was Shut when I had gone to bed and there was a dark coalescing shape there, just pulsating with darkness. Growing and diminishing silighty with each rushing of the waves. I was terriffied, but I struggled to move, to break free of the dead weight that held me in place. It was to no avail.
      It seemed like an eternity but the shape in the door started to get bigger as the sound of the waves increased in my ears, and diminish slightly less until I blacked out.
      The door was still open.

That seems a lot like a Mothman.

I wouldn't mind hearing more about the Astral Projection mishaps.

Vehicles
      2.0 NA 20v, 2.0T 16v, 1.6 16v SC
      09-30-2004 11:05 AM #427
      Quote, originally posted by passataholic »
      um..im a little freaked out here. this was the first thing that popped into my mind after it happened.

Upstairs in the house I currently live in, there are kids handprints on the wooden trim on the wall. Everyday there is one more pair starting from the far side fo the hall leading in the direction of my room at the end of the hall. We noticed it a few days back, and naturally assumed it was "greasy" hands fro mthe kds living there before. Thing is, there's not wiping them off and the wood isnt varnished, so its not like its under the varnish. But there's a new pair this morning when I left.
      I dont know what to do.

The legend of the bumble mule - that's what it is.

R.I.P Barbaro
      I'm all for a clean car, and lowering for performance reasons, decent wheels, etc... but this "stance" crap sucks.
      Quote Originally Posted by 302W View Post
      lol wut? You can have the baddest carbon brakes straight of an Enzo, it doesn't mean jack **** when your contact patch is 1/3 the size it would otherwise be, and partially the sidewall

8. 09-30-2004 11:19 AM #428
      I've seen my fair share of weird ****....

9. 09-30-2004 12:12 PM #429
      I still love these stories. I kinda want something cool/freaky to happen to me, but then again...

10. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      09-30-2004 12:30 PM #430
      Quote, originally posted by Frank aka Rick »
      I still love these stories. I kinda want something cool/freaky to happen to me, but then again...

lol I keep asking for people to post pics, but I'm too afraid to take pics of the attic where the previous owners daughter died of an OD. I still feel weird every time I go up there.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingVR6GTI View Post
      Yep, that was my first thought too. A nice set does not automatically make a chick attractive. Especially when that "chick" is a dude.

11. 09-30-2004 12:45 PM #431
      Quote, originally posted by Beetle Babe »
      I would feel the pressure on my face and in my ear like a loud subwoofer. During that morning when we woke up I told my husband about my dream and stuff. He told me he woke up in the middle of the night too to get a drink and go to the restroom. He said he felt this creepyness that he never felt before, like he was afraid to get out of bed or something. Weird.

Quote, originally posted by Petercar »
      I`ve not had the subwoofer deal, but loud crash sounds, they aren`t in my head. There
      is a difference. I hear them in my ears. Hasn`t happened for a while though.

Yes, I have had this too... usually a high pitch sound inside my ear when im 3/4 of the way asleep.... probably attributed to sort of bloodflow or some process of the inner ear.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      09-30-2004 12:56 PM #432
      this one is not real scary, but weird.....

2 years ago when i was in college, I lived in this old worn down apartment. I had both a desktop computer and laptop in my room. On my desktop, I had a desktop wallpaper of Heidi Klum. Now, I had just gotten my laptop, and didn't have anything set for my wallpaper. Well one night, i walk into my room, and I have the exact same wallpaper of Heidi Klum on my laptop! It wasnt stretched or tiled, just a picture smack dab in the center of the screen. It was really freaky.

13. 09-30-2004 01:12 PM #433
      Quote, originally posted by VW97Jetta »
      I've seen my fair share of weird ****....

Come on, tell us.

14. 09-30-2004 01:44 PM #434
      Quote, originally posted by stickshift »
      ^^^^ Yikes!!!!

Other than your sister, do you live on your own?

Yep.

.....and since writing the above story, I've talked to one of my neighbors about it, and he said he'd been noticing my basement lights turning on and off (he could see my glassblock windows glowing) at weird times of the night as well.....

....He's kind of old though, so "weird times of the night" probably means 9 or 10 pm.....

15. 09-30-2004 03:30 PM #435
      Quote, originally posted by chetacer »

That seems a lot like a Mothman.

I wouldn't mind hearing more about the Astral Projection mishaps.

I don't know what a Mothman is.

I don't really want to go into the astral projection stuff, you'll think I'm crazy/paranoid.

...And I'm not, just blonde!

16. 09-30-2004 03:58 PM #436
      Quote, originally posted by Aaron_91 »

Come on, tell us.

Demons, ghosts and all that fun stuff.

Vehicles
      B5 2.8Q, Buell XB9S
      09-30-2004 05:43 PM #437
      TRUE STORY.

1. My great-grandmother was VERY close to her children and grandchildren.

My mother was her favorite and I was her favorite great-grandchild.

When she passed I was very upset over the whole ordeal. I was 11 and it hit me hard. This was the first person in my family that had died.

My mother had a picture of my great-grandmother in a angel frame and put it on the coffee table.

When I went to visit we were talking about "Granny" and how much we missed her and I started to cry. At the same moment a warm feeling came over the room. (this was in Northern CA, on a August evening) It was very relaxing and calming.

My mother and I just kinda looked at each other and I stopped sobbing.

The next day as we were leaving and literally locking the door I said "Mom, I just wish we had a sign that Granny was with us." At that exact moment the picture of Granny fell over on its face.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. When I was in the hospital after surgery for apedicitis (sp?) and they found Cancer, I was in a deep depression immediatly. Being 22, and being diagnosed with such a horrible disease I was beyond hopeless. I was sitting there crying and I felt someone sit on my bed. Stroking my hair then gently kiss my forehead. I felt the warmth of a body as if someone had embraced me.

My dad was due to come and see me, and as I looked up expecting to see dad, there was no one there. I whispered "Granny?" and then a FULL water bottle tipped over.

Granny was there.

Tucker Max of the Gays and Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Slutty Gay Whoring and Muppet Sex of the People's Independent Republik of Offtopikstan
      RIP Cosmic TDI
      Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKids View Post
      Dann is More sassy than any man with facial hair should be. It's entertaining.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      1969 VW Beetle
      09-30-2004 08:12 PM #438
      Quote, originally posted by MRVW01 »

My dad was due to come and see me, and as I looked up expecting to see dad, there was no one there. I whispered "Granny?" and then a FULL water bottle tipped over.

Granny was there.

dude,
      i think this is the first ghost story i read here that wasn't chilling.

props to your granny

19. 09-30-2004 10:49 PM #439
      Quote, originally posted by Kafer Wolf »

dude,
      i think this is the first ghost story i read here that wasn't chilling.

props to your granny

I agree.

Now for my story

When I was a little kid I remember one night just starring at my window and I can remember, what looked like, two red dots just looking directly at me. I was scared ****less at that point and I just turned around in my bed and fell asleep. I guess thats kinda scary, I dont kno what it could of been. My window faced a big grass field and it was on the 2nd story.

Anyways, keep them comming

20. 10-01-2004 09:42 AM #440
      Quote, originally posted by Frank aka Rick »

Me too. I feel like a blind person in a room full of sighted people, I want to see into another dimension, but not in a traumatic way if that makes any
      sense.

21. 10-01-2004 09:52 AM #441
      Quote, originally posted by workinggirl »

Me too. I feel like a blind person in a room full of sighted people, I want to see into another dimension, but not in a traumatic way if that makes any
      sense.

Too bad my grandmothers house in Saugus still wasn't in our family....that was a pretty freaky place at night up on the 2nd and 3rd floors; yes, it is a pretty big house - 184 Essex Street if you ever cruise through there.....old Victorian built by a sea captain in the 1700's that was renovated and sold out of our family about 5-6 years ago. I think some Vietnamese family bought it. Lots of paranormal activity in it over the years. LOTS.

Vehicles
      E90 325xi, '00 Jetta TDI
      10-01-2004 10:15 AM #442
      Anyone notice this is the 13th page? Scary.

Vehicles
      99.5 Jetta VR6
      10-01-2004 10:25 AM #443
      Okay, So I've been following this thread for a while now and thought that maybe I should add something to it.

This happens to my mom and could just be a coincedence but everytime someone that is close to her dies; "Stairway to Heaven" starts playing on the radio at the very same moment that she learns of the death. I have been around her about 5 times now to witness this happen and it is really strange but she believes that it's her friends/family just trying to say that everything is alright.

Vehicles
      2008 Yaris
      10-01-2004 03:11 PM #444
      I've been reading this thread in bits and pieces at work over the past few days. It's been swimming laps in my head the past 24 hours, haha. Especially that HK bus business.

But anyway, when I got to work this morning I looked down and noticed my odometer read 50,666. I figured I'd better do a lap around the parking lot to prevent bad luck for the day.

I've had a few paranormal experiences throughout my life, but nothing that can compete with the stories in this thread. My favorite was my friend's dad, who passed away in a plane crash a few years ago. My friend claims that his dad is watches over him and keeping him out of trouble. We used to see the doors in our house open up and hear footsteps throughout the night, all apparently caused by his dad. We welcomed his presence although it was a little scary when something would happen when I was home alone.

25. 10-01-2004 04:04 PM #445
      I've had a few weird things happen at a couple of the houses I've lived in the past few years, but most of it happened in a farmhouse we used to rent that was built in the 1860's.
      We were warned before we moved in that things "happened" from time to time, but being the sceptic that I am I didn't think much of it, but while we were there I can say that there were some unexplainable things that went on from time to time.
      1) That house was terrible on heating bills in the Winter....had to use Fuel oil.....one time when we had just filled the tank for $450 or whatever it was we woke up in the morning to find that the kitchen door was open for who knows how long....that happened at another house of mine too, same senario, but with the back door, which was always locked.....this time it was the front door.

2) The TV and stereo would turn on/off, at will, and the volume would go up and down reguarly.....
      Well, this one night we were sitting there in the living room and the music was playing in the other room, where we had the stereo and speakers in the cornor....so the speaker was sitting right in the cornor where the walls meet, (a big, heavy speaker) and we had a Ronald McDonald head on top of the speaker...(the one that used to sit over the helium tanks so they could fill the balloon's for the kiddies)
      Anyways, we heard a huge crash outta nowhere, and we rushed into the room only to find that somehow the Ronald head got pushed into the cornor, but the speaker fell forward the other way.....I still have no idea how that happened.

Another time we're sitting in the living room watching TV and we had an incense buring on the coffee table.....the dog was laying down in the middle of the room....
      Just as I acted like I was gonna blast Mike a good Charlie Horse in the leg but faked him out, the incense stick literally jumped out of its' holder and landed by the dog, who was also startled by all this and it was put out in the process.....weird....

Hope you could understand how I was trying to explain this stuff....I have more stories, but those were the weirdest/best.

Never did see any spirits or anything, just stuff that would happen that you couldn't begoin to explain AT ALL......

26. 10-01-2004 06:38 PM #446
      oh come on share the best stories!

27. Member
      Vehicles
      Z4, Cayenne S
      10-02-2004 02:23 PM #447
      ok, i dont know any of you guys so if you think i am crazy...i dont care.

i just found out last night that a childhood friend of mine died, got shot during a robbery back in ukraine. he was eating in a restaurant with his wife, when some punks ran in, held up the place, and sprayed bullets on the way out. He got hit and another guy got shot in an arm. This is sad and while i wouldnt say its normal its not unusual.
      this happened last week and i just found out last night when i spoke with another childhood friend who lives in new york and talks to another friend of ours who still lives in ukraine.

I grew up in kharkov, ukraine, and moved to the states in '89. i lived on the outskirts of the city and there was a group of us, 10-12 kids that used to hang out together all the time, we were all may be 3-4 years apart in age.

summer of '88. there were few of us that used to ride our bikes down to the underground passages that dates back to maybe 1800's. we done that before plenty of times, hang out there, smoke cigarettes, few of us would drink and the rest pretended we would drink. we were all 12-16 years old at the time. that day we went exploring a different area of the passages cause some older kids took over our usual spot.
      we got kinda deep in when one of the kids yelped, we all ran to him and there was an old guy holding on to the kid, the kid looked like he was in pain so we all started yelling at the old guy but he really didnt pay attention to us at all, one of the older kids grabed the kid and yanked him away from the old dude and another kid chucked a rock at the old dude. this is where it got weird. i saw that the rock went through the old dude. we ran, got outside and rode like crazy to the road and back home cause everyone also thought that that rock knocked the old man out and i wasnt going to start arguing than and there. some of us rode faster and some a bit slower. i was almost at the head of the pack and we were probably good few minutes of paniked pedaling away from the undeground when i looked back and saw few of the kids were stopped and one laying on the road. i stopped to wait, but they started waiving at me and the other kids that got a bit farther. we rode back and our friend, the one that got grabbed by the old man, was dead on the ground. We were told later that he passed away from the blood clot that clogged his artery. he was 14 at the time. we never went back to the undeground after that.

i moved to the states in '89 and lost contact with all of the kids from there. my friend that lives in new york now, moved there in '91 and contacted me. we talk and see each other may be once or twice a year. when we saw each other in 91 when he just moved here, he told me that one of the kids that was with us that day, got killed while he was in the army. someone released a brake on an army truck and it rolled and pinned my friend against a wall. he was 18 and it was his second month of service. i guess you could say that accidents happen.

my friend from new york came to see me in penn state in 96 or 97 and somehow we started talking about that day undeground. blah blah blah weird turn of events, that old bum probably got knocked the heck out and thats when my buddy dropped it on me. he said that its a little weird and all but he could have sworn that the rock went through the old dude. i sobered up fast, and i think my buddy did also after he saw my face. than i told him that i saw the same thing. we never discussed the actual rock before. we felt a little weird after that so we went to my place and he left the next day.

like i said in the begining of the post another one of our friends got shot during a robbery last week. he was 30. he was also with us in the undeground.

the guy that died in the army was the one that grabbed the kid from the old man. the guy that got shot last week was the one that threw the rock.

i apologize for the lenght of this, but i dont feel like discussing this with any one i actually know and this happened to be a good place for it. i dont know if its some sort of a coincedence or what ever but there you have it. its a free story and you get what you paid for.
      stan

Vehicles
      E90 325xi, '00 Jetta TDI
      10-04-2004 09:14 AM #448
      ^ - This would make for a good horror movie.

29. 10-04-2004 09:25 AM #449
      lol, Final Destination 3!!!

30. 10-04-2004 09:27 AM #450
      ....sounds like 3-4 Stephen King novels wrapped into one story.....

31. 10-04-2004 10:07 AM #451
      Quote, originally posted by thesteve »

....He's kind of old though, so "weird times of the night" probably means 9 or 10 pm.....

LOL

10-04-2004 04:07 PM #452
      I'll add my story this week when I got time. Lets say it involves a house purchase, murder, and weird things happening.
      Randy
      2012 Audi Q5 | 2002 Passat 1.8T manual

Vehicles
      '05 Saabaru 9-2x Aero, '03 Triumph Speed 4, '82 pair of tired feet
      10-04-2004 05:36 PM #453
      Wow, I've got nothing on you guys.

The best I can do? My friends car wouldnt turn off last night. Turns out the ignition switch was broken in the ON position (shes not very good with cars, so didnt realize what had happened). I just went in the fuse box and pulled the fuses for the ignition (yeah, probably not too smart, but I'm still here...) and it turned off.

Still, its fun to refer to her 'possessed car'.

"You're out of you're mind"
      "That's between me and my mind..."

Vehicles
      09 370Z
      10-04-2004 05:38 PM #454
      Quote, originally posted by randy »
      I'll add my story this week when I got time. Lets say it involves a house purchase, murder, and weird things happening.

should be a good one

10-04-2004 09:27 PM #455
      Somebody get life insurance on the guy who saw the rock go through the old guy!
      Randy
      2012 Audi Q5 | 2002 Passat 1.8T manual

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast