VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

Vehicles
      '13 Suzuki Kizashi S 6MT, '12 Honda Pilot EX-L
      11-02-2006 12:32 PM #926
      Quote, originally posted by HASSELHOF »
      oooooo....euro ghosts!!! that's like a billion times better then domestic ghosts!!!!

Yes, but Japanese ghosts are far more scarier and much more reliable!
      My 500px
      My flickr
      "The best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." - Harry S. Truman

Vehicles
      2002 japanese taco
      11-02-2006 12:36 PM #927
      whoa, back from the dead again [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      '13 ATS 2.0T, '13 Lexus RX350 AWD,'69 280SEL, '68 C10 SWB Stepside
      11-02-2006 12:42 PM #928
      Quote, originally posted by GolfTango »
      Yes, but Japanese ghosts are far more scarier and much more reliable!

but they have no soul :rimshot:
      so it goes... ಠ_ಠ

4. 11-02-2006 02:45 PM #929
      Quote, originally posted by xmaciek82x »
      The other one that I wont share made a grown man (me) teriffied of the dark and had to sleep (well didn't really sleep) with my lights on for weeks

xmaciek82x, please tell us what happened! No one will laugh at you or think anything negative about your experience. These are haunted stories that usually cannot be explained...and just happen. It would be good therapy to let your fellow car & haunted enthusiasts know what occurred. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      08 .:R32
      11-02-2006 04:26 PM #930
      I have a couple more expriences.....
      1. One time sitting in my friends backyard we saw his old dog that died about 5 years ago from that time run across the yard back and forth a couple times.
      2. I didn't expierence this one....but my Uncle used to be a personal trainer for the Arizona Cardinals and they were up north for training camp staying at a hotel. The hotel was supposedly haunted by a young lady that hanged herself in the closet of a room after she found out her husband died in the civil war. She walks the hallways at night banging on metal pipes in the walls....my uncle was walking down the hallway and felt a cold breeze on his neck and turned around and she was looking at him face to face and then she just dissapeared.
      3. One time at an old house of mine, my family and I were sitting at the kitchen table eating when a little girl walked down the hallway into the kitchen, looked at us and then turned around and walked back down the hall.....I only have brothers.

Vehicles
      CTS-V
      11-02-2006 04:28 PM #931
      Quote, originally posted by Cleric+ »
      xmaciek82x, please tell us what happened! No one will laugh at you or think anything negative about your experience. These are haunted stories that usually cannot be explained...and just happen. It would be good therapy to let your fellow car & haunted enthusiasts know what occurred. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Thanks, I know no one would laugh its just alot of typing involved I will try to get around to it soon.

7. 11-02-2006 05:42 PM #932
      Quote, originally posted by lowNsloMkII »
      3. One time at an old house of mine, my family and I were sitting at the kitchen table eating when a little girl walked down the hallway into the kitchen, looked at us and then turned around and walked back down the hall.....I only have brothers.

sounds similar to what my friend told me. apparently back when she was young, like before age 10, she would go over to her relatives to play or something. well one time she was over, she was playing with her relatives (another girl around her age, i beleive) in the living room, however this time there was a new girl sitting on the couch watching them play.
      when dinner time came around, everyone got around the dinner table all except the new girl that my friend noticed. after dinner, my friend asked her mom who the new girl was, and why they weren't at the dinner table. and she found out that it was either her mom, or her aunt, that had an abortion a while back.

Vehicles
      '11 WRX
      11-02-2006 05:59 PM #933
      Quote, originally posted by munkey »
      who the new girl was, and why they weren't at the dinner table. and she found out that it was either her mom, or her aunt, that had an abortion a while back.

Wait, was it a fetus watching them play
      Sorry, bad taste but I couldn't resist. Creepy none-the-less

Vehicles
      08 .:R32
      11-02-2006 06:03 PM #934
      Quote, originally posted by GTiTOM »

10. Member
      Vehicles
      1969 VW Beetle
      11-03-2006 12:54 AM #935
      Quote, originally posted by munkey »
      she found out that it was either her mom, or her aunt, that had an abortion a while back.

man, that's just sad...

11. 11-03-2006 03:26 AM #936
      Quote, originally posted by GTiTOM »

lol no worries, i kinda see the hole in the story too. but it was a child around their age, from what i recall from the story. i haven't talked with said friend in a while, so i can't really confirm.
      oh, and by abortion, i meant something went wrong and the kid didn't make it. not a conscious effort by the parent to off the unborn. sorry!

Modified by munkey at 1:27 AM 11-3-2006

12. Member
      Vehicles
      02 GTI, 72 Pontiac Catalina, 03 Elantra
      11-03-2006 12:50 PM #937
      This thread has definitely had me hooked the last couple days and I'd like to thank everyone for posting their experiences and what they've been told. Off hand i can't say that i believe in any of the things that have been said, at this point in my life I've simply seen or heard of nothing concrete that couldn't be denied or debuncked, however I will say that my attitude towards the unkown is a lot like that of the old Fox Mulder poster, "I Want to Believe".
      I myself have never had anything happen to me that has made me stand up and say yes, that was real. As a point of fact i can only honestly hone up to one time in my life that I've ever seen something that i right away couldn't explain away as something rational. I do have a somewhat long list of experiences that have been told to me over the years.
      The one experience I can completely vouch for was a few years back at my apartment in Nashville when i woke up towards the middle of the night and saw a dark figure of a man standing in the corner of my room. This was a...less than secure apartment complex and it was nowhere close to unthinkable for me to have someone breaking in though it had never happened to my room. On that particular night the apartment was full of people, there was, a girl in bed with me, my other full time roomate randy and another friend who was spending the night on the couch. Always keeping a loaded pistol beside the bed my first action was always to reach over and make sure the girl was still in bed with me, which she was, and knowing that the figure was far too skinny to be either of the other two guys i instinctually reached for the gun, as i brought the gun up, nothing.....the figure was gone. Girl having slept through all of this and knowing there was nowhere for the figure to have gone without my hearing it, I rolled over and went back to sleep thinking nothing more of it for the night. The next evening when i got home from school the girl mentioned having seen someone standing at the foot of the bed the previous night. The figure appeared in the corner on the same side of the wall as the only window, but wasn't elongate or misshapen as a shadow would have been, was about 5'10' 150lbs or so size wise. That was the only night out of the fourteen months i spent there that I ever saw anything or that anything like that was reported by someone to me.
      The house I'm living in right now has aparently got a lot of activity in it that is just never present when I'm around to see it. Just about everyone else thats been in the house for an extended period of time has seen something. The same girl is still living with me and the same Randy was for a while from the apartment. They told me one evening they were sitting in the living room together when for about five to ten seconds the bathroom just exploded in light and then went calm again. Several girls have reported hearing voices from the upstairs despite there being no radio or tv up there at the time. The girl said on more than a few occasions she would wake up and the dog would be staring at a wall growling in the middle of the night when the dog would never make a peep under normal circumstances. Again, none of these things has been witnessed by myself to be verified however, our cat is a little crazy but I've never heard voices or the dog growling at nothing, nor seen unexplained lights.
      P.S.
      For another time.....my mothers side of the family is from Mason County in West Virginia, where all of the hubbub around the Mothman sitings took place so long ago and I've got a few storings relating to that as well.

13. 11-03-2006 01:03 PM #938
      Quote, originally posted by NashGTI »
      P.S.
      For another time.....my mothers side of the family is from Mason County in West Virginia, where all of the hubbub around the Mothman sitings took place so long ago and I've got a few storings relating to that as well.

can't wait

14. Member
      Vehicles
      11-04-2006 12:39 PM #939
      Just found out the guy that was here last weekend, a friend from back in ohio who hadn't been here before or heard anything about our upstairs voices also reported hearing them while he was here for the weekend.
      The story of Mothman was that back in the sixties there were all sorts of sightings of strange things, both relating to this Mothman character and other stuff, men in black, so called "Olive-Skinned Men", countless UFO sightings, unexplained phone calls, basically everything weird you could possibly imagine. All these things went for months until the collapse of the Silver Bridge across the Ohio River on a December evening, and after that, things for the most part just quit.
      For all those that have seen the movie and enjoyed it, i strongly request that you do some research into the actual happenings that year because the movie was a complete travesty, they didnt even get the correct number of dead in the bridge collapse....
      As I said in my previous post my mothers family all is from around Mason County, most of them still live there. The events with Mothman mostly center around the fish and wildlife preserve known to the area as TNT. TNT started out in WWII as a high explosive factory, making bombs for the war effort, it was the perfect place for it because it was just out in the woods of the west virginia hills. After the war the factory was shut down and all of the assorted buildings just sort of abandoned. Me and my relatives spend a lot of time in the area just like everyone else around there, fishing, hunting, just running around when bored. Other than some really weird feelings around there I've seen nothing completely crazy, the strangest thing I've seen is a 3 foot largemouth in one of the many ponds, and the most frightened I've been was when me and my cousins were fishing in a pond in the hills above the shooting range and a gentleman decided to air out his vintage full auto M16.
      There are still the "igloos" they used to store the explosive in and those are a little creepy, but only because of all the satanic writings and poisonous snakes. The abandoned power plant was one of the places that just didnt feel right, but its long since torn down (one of the roads to it still has that feeling) and there is an old burnt out furniture factory thats pretty cool looking. Slowly though the area is being developed, the game preserve is slowly being eaten away by people and many of the forests are being clear cut, so anymore its nowhere near as impressive.
      The only really creapy thing that anyone in our family experienced, related to the Mothman outbreak was that at the time, my grandfather had to cross silver bridge to get to and from work everyday, and on the day it collapsed he got a phone call that morning from someone sounding exactly like his boss telling him to stay home for the day. After the collapse when he went back to work for the first time he found he had been written up for missing work and the boss whom he thought had called him said he never called him that morning, and never found out who had. My cousin, who is just now 21 claims he saw Mothman once while hunting in the TNT area, but frankly I think he's just goofy...
      Another thing thats not really creepy, just amusing, is that the doings with Indrid Cold actually happened about an hour up river on the interstate outside of parkersburg west virginia, and my mother worked with the guy who saw him. the guy said he was driving home on the interstate and this flying tea kettle came down and the little guy popped out on the interstate and started talking to him, on later visits he actually went into the ship and went to Indrid's home planet Cahokia (actually the name of the capitol city of an ancient american indian civilization). Mom said the guy persisted for weeks with everyone just making fun of him, and eventually he finally quit his job, and became a door to door vacuum cleaner salesman

15. Member
      11-04-2006 01:20 PM #940
      Quote, originally posted by NashGTI »
      ...Other than some really weird feelings around there I've seen nothing completely crazy, the strangest thing I've seen is a 3 foot largemouth in one of the many ponds, and the most frightened I've been was when me and my cousins were fishing in a pond in the hills above the shooting range and a gentleman decided to air out his vintage full auto M16.

Dude, I'd be trying catch that thing every day!! How'd you see it? I don't know the area (w. virginia, you say?), but do you have carp there? New York carp easily get that size, and aren't shy about being seen in the shallows. A 3ft largemouth, on the other hand, only shows himself to druns who lose their crankbaits on a submerged log...
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      11-04-2006 05:02 PM #941
      my little cousin hooked it a few years ago fishing with a worm and bobber, it was colored like a largemouth, not shiny like a grass carp, strangely it barely fought him at all from about the center of the pond until right at the back, i stepped down the bank to help land it and when i did it sort of looked up, turned and just left, snapping the 20lb line in the reel like it was nothing.
      There are big bass all over the area, especially in the harder to reach ponds and that one was the best. My two cousins and I had seen that fish cruising that one all week and kept going back every day of that week trying to land it, the other cousin with us actually brought home a 15 inch fish that same day. Later in the year there was a large storm system that went through and the damn holding that pond broke, so that fish is downstream somewhere now, hence us now trudging miles up the hill above the rifle range to fish now. The first pond was way out too, thats the trick to fishing there is to find the ponds so far out most of the people are far too lazy to walk the miles to fish them.

Vehicles
      Scirocco, Scirocco Passat
      11-06-2006 02:08 PM #942
      Ok, I've got one.
      The setting: a road in rural Montgomery County, west of Washington D.C.
      A narrow road that combines a turn with a bump and a hill. Likely spot for an accident when it rains? Sure! It's bad road design, right?
      Or is it?
      Rumor I head was that during the civil war, a conferderate soliger was killed (on a rainy day) on his horse in a barn that was torn down to make way for the road.
      The rumor goes on to say that when it rains the ghost of the confederate soldier appears in the road, and the accidents are caused by people swerving to avoid it/him.

18. 11-06-2006 02:26 PM #943
      I haven't read through this whole thread, so I don't know if any info on Waverly has been posted yet, but if anyone wants to go somewhere where you have a good chance of experiencing something super natural I would contact these people http://www.waverlyhillstbsanatorium.com/
      You are going to want to take the $50 half night tour. Believe me, I would have paid ten times that amount when the tour was over. I took the tour on 8/4/06 and haven't looked at life and death the same way since.

Vehicles
      turbo 5cyl AWD 6 speed
      11-06-2006 02:58 PM #944
      Quote, originally posted by xmaciek82x »
      Thanks, I know no one would laugh its just alot of typing involved I will try to get around to it soon.

C'mon!

20. 11-06-2006 03:17 PM #945
      The health club that I go to has a couple of umm.. "members" that like to work out real late at night after the place has already been closed. The showers would turn themselves on and off in the change room, there would be wet footprints in the change room 1am in the morning, and the cleaning crew would run into them in the change room drying themselves off in the middle of the night, etc.
      One time one of them toyed with me by stealing my pens (pens.. not pants) when I wasn't looking. I was counting something and needed to write down the numbers. I put down the first pen on the table, turned around for two seconds, when I turned around again the pen was gone. I thought maybe it rolled off the table, so I looked all over the ground and found nothing. I got a second pen, the exact same thing happened. Then I got a third pen, it happened again! At that point I knew they were playing around with me, so I just gave up and walked away. Wasn't scary or anything, just amusing.
      Pretty much everyone at the gym have some stories to tell. I never believed in ghost before, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Modified by climacus at 3:21 PM 11-6-2006

21. 11-06-2006 03:36 PM #946
      Here's another weird story. One time I was driving on the highway really late at night. This really old antique American car (looks like something from the late '40s) passed me on the right. The driver was wearing period clothing, a vintage three piece suit with the hat and everything. Just picture Frank Sinatra in those old Hollywood movies.
      If this was a sunny day in April, I'd just write it off as some historical recreation enthusiast out for a cruise. But this was in the middle of the winter, really late at night. Not exactly the right season for cruising around in your beloved antique car.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Audi S4 Premium Plus
      11-06-2006 05:04 PM #947
      One time when I was about 8 years old (I grew up in Trinidad & Tobago), I was very sick at school. I remember after lunch, I was laying on my desk while everyone was preparing for the next class and I ended up puking all over myself (I only drank orange juice, i didnt even eat anything because i felt sick).
      My grandfather picked me up and I went to my grandmothers house. Now, its a normal house, quite large and at that time, my aunt and uncle did not live there as they just got married. So, that day it was only my Grandmother and Grandfather. I was in bed all day, in my aunt's old room. It was decently sized room, with nice large windows and a walk in closet.
      During the rest of the day after i was picked up from school, I passed out. My grandmother woke me up around 8pm to check on me. I was a bit woozy from the medicine, but she gave me a late dinner and told me to rest.
      Here is where it starts. Now I probably slept for another 2 hours but then i woke up because i felt "heavy". Wierd, yes. I was barely able to scream or speak, not because i couldn't but because i was too scared at that point when i woke up. The reason I woke up was because i heard voices cursing at me. I shook my head around to see if I was drowsy and I was a little but this was no result of medicine. All i did was stare at the open black closet hearing these curse words over and over. I tried blocking my ears and they would go away for a bit, but it continued afterwards. It was at the point where I was trying to scream again but I was too damn scared. I was so weak that I actually CRAWLED from that room, over to my grandmothers room, which was 3 rooms away (My grandmother and Grandfather were watcing television in the living room). I was dead scared. At that point in time I was thinking, what the hell is going on. As i went into my grandmother room, i got on her bed and closed my eyes. I was awake, thinking about what just happened. I did NOT HEAR THE VOICES ANYMORE. I don't know what caused them or why it happened in my aunts room. When my grandmother came in to see my laying in her bed I started crying. I did not tell her anything, but she didnt take too much concern of my crying because i was in fact pretty sick. So that night, I slept right between my grandmother and grandfather. I have not told any member of my family about this because I would not be able to explain it.

23. 11-30-2006 09:44 PM #948
      I'll bring this one back from the dead for a moment. Just now my 2 yr old son called me into his room to look at something. The shade covering his window was half way pulled off.
      "Alex, did you pull that down"
      "No. Him"
      "Why did you pull the shade down"
      "Him"
      "Who"
      "Him. The Ghost"
      We live in an older house, and we know that one of the former owners passed away here. My wife is much more in tune with her spiritual side, and says she sometimes feels "things".
      Modified by mycarsux at 7:02 PM 11-30-2006

Modified by mycarsux at 7:03 PM 11-30-2006

Modified by mycarsux at 7:03 PM 11-30-2006

12-05-2006 01:11 PM #949
      Ok, so 28 pages thats alot for these threads. I have a true story.
      Before I was born my uncle died in a car wreck, he was a very weathly denist in Mexico but raced cars for fun. he unfortunatly died behind the wheel of the car during the race in mexico that is called the "Carrera" the same race that Porsche named its flagship sportscar.
      So i never got to meet him at all, because he died 9.5 months before I was born. Just to preface this, i am a spirited driver.
      On a cold and rainy evening in October iwas on getting on 495 in Virginia. i am driving home and taking an exit ramp at a safe speed ( I promise) and i start to lose control of my rear wheels, it was a crappy nissan maxima (no offense to nissan owners) and I see a guardrail comming towards me. Now I have good reflexes but i knew i was gonna bite it hard when i hit the rail. All of the sudden i feel a calm come over me and feel hands over mine on the steering wheel. I look down at my hands and they are white knuckeld. I pull out of the turn without a scratch and away from the guard rail. To this day, I could swear i could smell the cologne Vetyver. my dad tells me thats what his brother *my uncle* used to wear.
      Every time I take that ramp, i do so carefully.

Modified by GTIcharlie at 2:52 PM 12-5-2006

25. 12-08-2006 02:37 AM #950
      So, I've read alot of these stories..And I have to say I was a skeptic once upon a time. And I still am! BUT, I have expierenced things I couldn't explain, and I always look for proof in a scientific manner. Eyewitness accounts are great, so are pictures, but sometimes what looks like ghosts, is just dust...So anyways, on to the story:
      When I was nine years old, we (my family) moved into this big house that was kind of on a hill in my town, but despite being on a hill, whoever built kind of built it into a bowl like depression. It was fairly isolated, and there weren't really any kids around. Well, the first night we were there, I swear I saw a man standing in my closet. Needless to say I was freaked out! After that things just started getting weirder. My brother and I both heard laughing at different times when no one else was home. He also saw the "man". We would hear footsteps, things falling, the TV turning itself on and off. My dog, China, would flip out and bark at nothing in the kitchen or hallway. My cats were freaked out by my bedroom..We had this really freaky bathroom on the lower level of the house (imagine like in the basement), and I HATED it. I wouldn't even go in it at night. Sometimes the toilet would flush by itself. And the worst night of my life happened in that house.
      I was about 17 and we were getting ready to move out, because it had flooded and my parents had found a cheaper place to live. I slept on a futon, and that night I felt what felt like a elephant sitting on me. I could feel heavy breathing on my neck, and I swear to you I thought I was going to die. I just laid there and prayed to whoever is out there to make it stop..It was there for what felt like an hour but it was probably only a minute.
      I never said anything to any of my family members. When we moved out, and about 6 months later, my dad and I were talking about it. Now remember we've never discussed this before and he says to me "Did you ever see the "man"?" I'm like OMG!!! And when we moved, nothing weird or strange ever happened in the new place. So I don't know what was going on in the old house, but it was 8 years of terror. I hated every minute there. My friends would always say "God this place is creepy.." Yeah you're telling me!
      Some other things also: I work in a hospital and when people die, they leave something behind. One night we got this patient up to my floor. Admitted him, got him water etc etc. Well, the call bell goes off. He was in bed two, but the call light machine said bed one, and there was no patient in bed one! So I go in there, ask the patient if he needs anything, if he put his call light on. He looks at me funny, and says no thank you. So I leave. About 15 minutes later, the call light goes off again. I look at the call light machine, and it says bed one again. Remember he's in bed two, and there's not even a bed in space one. So once again, I ask him if he's okay, he states he's fine. I leave. 15 minutes after that, the damn thing goes off again! WTF! I go in there AGAIN! By this time, the guy is getting really irritated with me. I even checked his call light to make sure it wasn't plugged into the wrong socket or something. Sure enough its fine. I did this like 3 times. So now its an hour since the guy got up here, and the stupid thing goes off one more time..Bed one again! I go in there and the guy is blue and not breathing, needless to say he did not survive. AND the freakiest thing was he said to his wife that night before he came up there: "I know I am going to die tonight." WTF is that creepy a$$ sh*t or what?! And I swear to you its true..
      To this day I still search for proof of hauntings. I have to say I've seen some compelling evidence and I am a beleiver. But, all belief really is is someone's opinion on something...But very interesting thread indeed!

Modified by varuna at 11:39 PM 12-7-2006

Modified by varuna at 5:24 AM 12-8-2006

Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast