Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)
    Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Results 1,541 to 1,575 of 1732

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

Vehicles
      '95 Ẽfini RX-7 Type R
      04-16-2011 11:27 AM #1541
      Another good one. I'm only reposting it because the video will be removed on April 29th and it's been around for 4 years.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...stmas+massacre

2. 04-16-2011 12:38 PM #1542
      Quote Originally Posted by GodSquadMandrake View Post
      Another good one. I'm only reposting it because the video will be removed on April 29th and it's been around for 4 years.

Seems fake, but that's just me.

Vehicles
      '13 ATS 2.0T, '13 Lexus RX350 AWD,'69 280SEL, '68 C10 SWB Stepside
      04-16-2011 12:42 PM #1543
      Def fake. Just a well executed student horror short film
      so it goes... ಠ_ಠ

4. Member
      04-16-2011 01:29 PM #1544
      Quote Originally Posted by feetsies View Post
      Seems fake, but that's just me.
      I don't think we call out stuff in this thread for being fake, unless someone's being obnoxious about it. Besides, if the mood is right, especially on a quiet autumn night, you don't really care. It's all fun.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

Vehicles
      03 Jetta 64 Beetle
      04-16-2011 04:53 PM #1545
      Has ghost car being chased by the police been posted?
      1964 VW Beetle
      2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T
      2005 Honda XR650L
      2006 Honda CBR 600RR

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      04-16-2011 05:27 PM #1546
      Quote Originally Posted by GodSquadMandrake View Post

Why is it being removed?

04-16-2011 06:12 PM #1547
      Quote Originally Posted by 6603 View Post
      Has ghost car being chased by the police been posted?
      This one?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel! View Post
      Ah, the 1920s - when men were men, cars were Avions-Voisins, and pedestrian impact standards were "get out of the way or my car will literally shank you in the face.
      Quote Originally Posted by backinthegame View Post
      This is 'Murrica. I vote with my penis. He gon' lose.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrisonbrooks/

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      04-16-2011 07:38 PM #1548
      Quote Originally Posted by Buickboy92 View Post
      This one?

Man that music is creepy haha

That's pretty crazy though..did they ever catch the guy? Im sure they had his plate and stuff.

9. Member
      04-16-2011 08:23 PM #1549
      I want to say that fencing was loose and the car was able to scrape under it, then it snapped back into place. But it looks pretty straight and even for a fence that just had a car plow through it.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      04-16-2011 08:29 PM #1550
      Quote Originally Posted by Big M View Post
      I want to say that fencing was loose and the car was able to scrape under it, then it snapped back into place. But it looks pretty straight and even for a fence that just had a car plow through it.
      That's what I thought as well. I'm too curious for my own good, if I was that cop I would've plowed through the fence and followed him...a part of me doesn't want to know who or what was behind the wheel though..

Also, the music and some of the pictures in this video creep me out:

This is pretty WTF also:

Vehicles
      1978 SUBURBAN LIFTED WITH 35 BOGGERS AND A BUILT 350, JEEP, BUICK, low mileage 337
      08-03-2011 04:19 PM #1551
      Quote Originally Posted by Chaoz View Post
      Psh speak for yourself whips and blacks are no longer friends.. **** whipped creme even makes me quiver

12. 08-04-2011 03:34 AM #1552
      I can't believe there's so many other car haunting stories!
      It all started last month when we were driving back from vacation. Our last hotel of the journey was nice and after a long night driving..fell right asleep. In the morning, my girlfriend had awoke and found a lamp in our room was on. Not only had we not touched that lamp all night but there's no switch on the lamp what so ever. It runs off a main switch for all of the lighting in the room...(which was off!!)
      And the REALLY CREEPY PART...the lamp was shining directly on a Holy Bible laying on the desk below the light! I'm not religious and I don't remember seeing that bible on the desk the night before. Typically, housekeeping keeps a bible in a drawer..not on a table...but could be coincidence.

We shrugged it off and headed to the car. When we opened the car door, we found that our right side dome light was on. That was odd because we specifically remember all of the lights were off the night before! 100% sure about that.
      It was fathers day and I joked that it was prolly the Ghost of Fathers Day Past and we hit the road.
      We had been listening to a book on tape during our drive back home and when it had finished, we turned on the radio. My girlfriend loves her radio stations and has them all memorized but when we went to change the station...her presets had all been reprogrammed!! WTF All of the stations including AM, FM and FM2 where all different. I thought maybe the dome light being on had drained the battery enough to reset the radio. So when we got home, I jotted the stations down and disconnected the battery. When I re-connected the battery, I had to punch in an authorization code into the radio (ruling out the chance of a dead battery since we would of had to punch in the code that morning to even listed to the book on tape) I checked the Default radio stations and found that there were COMPLETELY different than our 'Ghostly' presets ruling out any chance of an electrical malfuction!! Something had to of physically change those stations.

The last couple weeks had gone by with no incident until yesterday. While running an errand, my girlfriend and I had parked the car, I placed my soda in middle console (which flips up and down similar to an airplane lap tray) and headed into the store. But when we arrived back at the car, the middle console had fallen down with my soda spilt all over the floor. The only way to tuck that console down is by turning a big lever at least 4 inches to the left!! (a lever like the one you use to scoot your car seat closer or farther from the steering wheel)

All of these things require some type of physical manipulation...We just have no idea who's doing it!! The car is in great condition which I believe would rule out 'creaky old house' syndrome.

SPOOOOOKY! P.S. Ghost, if your reading this, you have bad taste in radio stations. lol

Vehicles
      2007 Volvo C30 1.6d
      08-04-2011 06:05 AM #1553
      This is the first thread that introduced me to TCL exactly one year ago, and I'm glad to see it back.

Vehicles
      C5 A6 S-Line and 99 Civic Hatchback
      08-04-2011 12:47 PM #1554
      Best thread in TCL by a wide margin.
      "Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep?
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

15. Member LeadBullGivesYouWings's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '05 Honda s2000, '75 Alfa Romeo spider 2000 veloce, '05 MV Agusta F4
      08-04-2011 09:17 PM #1555
      Who's got two thumbs and won't be sleeping tonight... This guy! Oh crap, a ghost ate my other thumb!
      “… the last time someone was as wrong as you, was when a politician stepped off an aeroplane in 1939 waving a piece of paper in the air saying there will be no war with Germany ”

16. Member
      Vehicles
      95 - dusty vr, 96 - black beast trek
      08-30-2011 08:09 PM #1556
      cool stories. never had anything weird happen really. just a dream with my grandma that helped me make some piece. one of those so real you felt it kinda things.

17. 08-31-2011 02:51 PM #1557
      I caught up on this thread last night, and thanks to all the sleep paralysis stories, I slept on my stomach.

My wife's roommate used to have spells of sleep paralysis, but strangely she couldn't see anything in them. She basically described being in the dark (as if her eyes were closed), but feeling great pressure on her stomach, and obviously not being able to move. Not sure if she could hear anything.

Vehicles
      2l Mk3
      09-09-2011 04:03 PM #1558
      Bump
      Quote Originally Posted by mad8vskillz View Post
      my grandma always told me, "finish your beer, there are sober kids in africa"
      PSN: IamPakMan

Vehicles
      That there's an RV, Clark
      09-09-2011 06:08 PM #1559
      So i'm alone at work at the end of the day reading this thread when one of the 8 foot long fluorescent light bulbs falls (I shut the lights off and as the old ceramic end piece cooled it broke causing it to drop the bulb from the fixture). The bulb fell about 5 feet down and didn't even so much as crack?

Scared the hell outta me though.

Vehicles
      2009 Volks GTI Tornado Red
      09-09-2011 07:05 PM #1560
      Quote Originally Posted by TetsuoShima View Post
      This is pretty WTF also:
      Gary had to bend the nail down with his hand because Jeff's body weight wasn't enough? Fake.
      Quote Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
      My ITR can probably smoke that sporty cavalier, called corvette.
      Kind regards,
      James

Vehicles
      09' Wolfsburg stg2 2.0T DSG
      09-09-2011 07:06 PM #1561
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      So i'm alone at work at the end of the day reading this thread when one of the 8 foot long fluorescent light bulbs falls (I shut the lights off and as the old ceramic end piece cooled it broke causing it to drop the bulb from the fixture). The bulb fell about 5 feet down and didn't even so much as crack?

Scared the hell outta me though.

tough guard maybe, so expensive though

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Vehicles
      That there's an RV, Clark
      09-09-2011 07:11 PM #1562
      Quote Originally Posted by THE KILLER RABBIT View Post
      tough guard maybe, so expensive though

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
      Definitely not. They're the cheap ones.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      13 GTI, 12 Subaru LadyWagon
      09-20-2011 02:46 PM #1563
      Found a website about haunted places in Ohio. Here's one of the stories I found:

The building in Grand Rapids known as Nazareth Hall opened its doors in 1928 as a Catholic boarding school for boys. The nuns of the Ursuline Order of the Sacred Heart in Toledo operated it first as a regular school and then, after 1935, as a military-style academy. It was the kind of place parents sometimes threaten to send their kids. The bell from the Ursuline Convent on Cherry Street was installed in the belfry, and out back a replica of the famous Grotto at Lourdes was built. For fifty years boys came and went through this huge building. Then, in the 1970s, financial hardship forced the sisters to close the school down. For a while it stood abandoned.
      At one time, Nazareth Hall was at the top of my list of places to investigate. It has everything: malevolent ghosts (said to be that of an evil nun and a boy who hung himself after he was molested by a priest), a dark history, some substantiation, and--most of all--a big, historic abandoned building in which to spend the night. After a fruitless search for the building I e-mailed the people at grandrapidsohio.com and learned that the formerly abandoned building (which I first heard about through Haunted Ohio) has been renovated and turned into an event and banquet house. You can visit its official site here.

Although I never got to go into the building, I did hear from a girl who was inside several times before it closed, and later visited when it was deserted. Here is her story:

After Nazareth Hall closed down, my aunt and uncle and their three young children moved up into the 3rd floor of the old school. They were caretakers there, trying to keep thrill seekers out. The nuns had lived on the 4th floor, where their belongings remained, but they no longer stayed there. My family spent alot of time visiting out there because Nazarene Hall sits on some of the most beautiful acerage! The school is massive, and looks like a haunted castle. It has a bell tower, and a chapel on the second floor. An oval dining room that is just huge, with a giant bay window which covers the entire left side of the first floor. It is very impressive.

My family threw a surprise 16th birthday party for one of my aunts who is now 33-34; that would put me at about ten years old at the time. The party was thrown in the dining room. Afterward, leftover guests moved up to the 3rd floor to continue visiting. Myself, my younger brother and cousins stayed in the huge dining room. It had marble floors and it was fun to take your shoes off and slide aroung in your socks! As I slid toward the open double doors that led in to a lond dark hallway lined with lockers, I saw something that still freaks me out.

At the time, I thought it was a clown, but now, I am not sure what it was. He was young, late teens early 20's. He had curly blond hair that touched his shoulders. He was wearing a suit that was white and puffy with red polka dots, and a matching hat with a white ball at the end. He was also wearing wooden shoes that curled up at the toe. He TIPTOED from one side of the door to the other! I didn't know what to do, so I just watched until he was gone. I remember thinking; He is tiptoeing because he is wearing wooden shoes! If I scream, will he come after me? Will the other side of his face be ugly and scary? I could only stare.

When he was gone, I called my brother and cousins over to me and told them what I saw. We decided to join the adults upstairs.

After I enetered high school, Nazareth Hall was completly abandoned. No more caretakers, and so local kids would party out there, and look for ghosts. My sophmore year, a girl told me a story about how her and her friends were out there one night and saw the grim reapper in the bell tower, complete with a hooded cloak! I never believed her. Then, two years later, while working at the library, I stumbled upon the Haunted Ohio book. As I read the story about Nazareth Hall, I started to cry. She had told me the truth!

So, that night, one of my friends drove out to Nazareth Hall with me. It was still abandoned at the time. When we got there, we saw that on the very top floor, the very middle light was on, just like something you would see on the cover of a scary novel. We stared at the window, wondering how a light could be on. Then all of a sudded, this "thing" turned into the window, as though it had been waiting for us. Since it was dark outside, all we could see was a strong, dark silloette. It was a figure in a hooded robe!

Never in a million years, did I think that we would actually see what we went out there to see! I started to scream, but my friend said nothing, she just stared. I started to shake her, and she began to hyperventilate! We drove away, and still I cannot believe what I saw.

I have seen three things in my life, and two of those things were at Nazareth Hall, almost 20yrs apart.
      “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” Ernest Hemingway

24. Member
      Vehicles
      13 GTI, 12 Subaru LadyWagon
      09-20-2011 02:48 PM #1564
      This place is about 35 mins from me. Now I want to check it out:

My wife, daughter and I visited Gore Orphange on October 26, 1999. Our experience is as follows: We went there not to really find anything, just for ****s and giggles. Most people commonly believe that the bridge and the field on the right is the site. It is not. If you pass the field you will come to a wooded area. There you will find a 4 foot tall sandstone pillar, that marked the entrance to the orphanage. We parked our car and got out and went about 20 from the road where the pillar stands. You might have to look hard, because it's easily missed. As soon as you step in the woods you have a feeling of being watched. And a sadness envelopes you. We went there in the middle of the day (4 p.m. approximately). It was cool and crisp. No fogs or mists. (at least not yet!) Immediately upon entering the area we heard above our heads, in the trees above, a squeaking door open and heavy footsteps. This repeated itself three times. The door sounded like one of those really heavy oak ones and the footsteps sounded like heavy steps on hardwood floors. At this point we went back to our car and got our tape recorder and our camera. We placed the recorder on the sandstone pillar. We then took several pictures. As I took the pictures, mists began to come around. We heard the dull roar of a fire and crackles of the flames. I heard mumbling voices. My wife became extremely uncomfortable and we went back to our car. As we drove off, I asked my wife to stop the car and I unrolled my window. There stood a young boy. He had blond hair and he was about 7 years old. He was wearing ragged old clothes (a red sweater and dark pants.) He sneezed. I asked him his name and he said "Jacob". He appeared scared and looking for something. As we left he stood in the middle of the road and waved bye. As we passed the bridge, we taped again. Later that day, we had our pictures developed. In the background you can see 4 childrens faces and a man in the distance in the woods. I wonder if the man is the one that you speak of. He looked very ominous. The ominous man showed up in every shot. Later after reviewing the recordings, we heard the dull roar through the whole tape (and no it was not windy) about 4 minutes into the tape there is about 3 minutes of mumbling, somebody saying "Help Me" and screams (about 6). You can hear the door open in the beginning, "Jacob" saying "Jacob" and also Jacob's sneeze. There is no way that we could have made these noises. We were in complete due to the awe that we felt. While at the site we did not hear the screams or the voices. We going to get the pictures enlarged to poster sizes to get a better view. Later we found on our car tiny handprints. And on the drivers side window there was Richard written from the inside of the car.
      “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” Ernest Hemingway

Vehicles
      N/A
      09-20-2011 03:16 PM #1565
      I wuv this thread<3

I reread it every year. Third year now time to start some re-reads.

09-22-2011 01:47 AM #1566
      Crazy stuff!!!!! I should not read this before bed!!!!
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel! View Post
      Ah, the 1920s - when men were men, cars were Avions-Voisins, and pedestrian impact standards were "get out of the way or my car will literally shank you in the face.
      Quote Originally Posted by backinthegame View Post
      This is 'Murrica. I vote with my penis. He gon' lose.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrisonbrooks/

27. Member
      Vehicles
      1969 VW Beetle
      09-22-2011 02:41 AM #1567
      still alive! keep 'em comin' folks!

Vehicles
      2009 HD Iron 883
      10-03-2011 06:54 PM #1568
      Figured I'd bump this back up as it's October and all....

10-07-2011 05:59 PM #1569
      When I was a kid I lived in a house that everyone said was haunted. These are a few of the things that my sister and step-dad saw over the years. I admit, I never saw anything that unusual except for the dog doing some strange things (see below).

When she was about 10, before my mom and her dad married she claimed to see a lady in white with scary, sharp teeth, walk down the hall past her room, stop at the door, look in and smile an evil grin and continue down the hall. Upon seeing this she flipped out and ran to tell my step-father who, thinking that someone was creeping around inside the house, checked the place from top to bottom. He never found anything.

When my step-sister was about 12, her mom died of cancer. As you can imagine this was a terrible time for their family. Not long after that they started to notice that things would be out of place when they came home after school and work...but neither of their really thought much about it. Then, one morning my step-dad woke up started to get ready for work. He showered, ate breakfast, and got dressed and then went to the closet for his shoes and notice that the laces had a knot in the. It was sinched extra tight and it took some time to get the knot out but he figured it had happed accidentally when he took his shoes off the night before.

The next morning he followed his normal routine, and again when he went to the closet he found that his shoe strings had two knots. He untied them, and was none-to-happy about the time it took but he went about his day as usual. He was convinced that my step-sister was doing this and so he talked with her about it and told her if it didn't stop she would be in trouble. This continued to happen each day for 7 days, and on the 7th day there were 7 knots. The knots were so tight the he couldn't untie them and instead he had to go to the store on the way to work and buy new laces. But before leaving the house he nicely asked whatever was doing this to "stop it and leave his shoes alone". The next morning he woke up and found that his laces were untouched...and they remained untouched from that point forward.

My step-sister had a poodle that would regularly sit, stand, shake, and watch "things" in the hall that were apparently giving her commands to do these things. She would lap at the air afterwards like she was licking someones hand too.

When I was in the 5th grade we sold the house to a family that had kids that went to school with me. As we neared the closing of the sale my step-dad jokingly mentioned that some of the neighborhood kids thought the house was haunted. This struck a chord with the buyers as they were clearly worried about this aspect of buying the house.

The family moved in and were their for about 3 weeks before the weird stuff started happening to them. They saw things, heard things, and in general were on edge while living in the house. As a result they called their preist (Catholic) and he came and blessed the house. This seemed to help short-term, but before long the occurences returned and they flipped out and moved out of the house. My parents, being the good folks that they are, bought the house back and we moved back in until I finished the 5th grade at which point we moved again and the house sold. We never heard anything else from the folks that bought it, so I guess that they never had any issues.

All in all, I never felt weird there. I never saw anything that scared me or that I worried about. But, if you ask my step-sister and step-dad about the place they will still retell the stories, with such passion that it is clear that they believe what they saw and experienced there.
      J. Auvil
      SPEC, Inc.
      Sales and Technical Manager
      800-828-4379 x.109
      Jeremy@specclutch.com

Vehicles
      somewhat purple
      10-07-2011 06:58 PM #1570
      Quote Originally Posted by SPEC-01 View Post
      My step-sister had a poodle that would regularly sit, stand, shake, and watch "things" in the hall that were apparently giving her commands to do these things. She would lap at the air afterwards like she was licking someones hand too.
      That's the part that creeped me out. Dogs and cats can have a 6th sense about these things (or so I believe).

Don't have my own story to share, but here's an article about Clinton Road in NJ, the most haunted road in America:

http://news.yahoo.com/clinton-road-j...94000764.html?

Vehicles
      92 golf 05 mpv 12 evolution x
      10-07-2011 07:07 PM #1571
      is it that time of the year already?
      normal is boring

Vehicles
      03 Jetta 64 Beetle
      10-23-2011 06:44 AM #1572
      Nothing. Halloween is around the corner.
      1964 VW Beetle
      2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T
      2005 Honda XR650L
      2006 Honda CBR 600RR

33. Banned
      10-23-2011 09:53 AM #1573
      Ever since my grandpa died we hear banging in his workshop (it's closed up), you can hear door knobs turning and opening by themselves, heck my dog seems to follow him around the house sometimes. The one that freaks people out is that one of my bedroom walls is against the garage, and sometimes you can hear banging against my wall, go to the garage and there's nobody there.. or nobody home at all.

34. Banned
      10-23-2011 10:15 AM #1574
      adding to the clinton road stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtX68...eature=related

Vehicles
      2009 Volks GTI Tornado Red
      10-23-2011 11:19 AM #1575
      Quote Originally Posted by Fiasko View Post
      i watched the video. really it doesn't make sense to me why they're so freaked out. just a douche, slow down, let him pass, continue...am i missing something?
      Quote Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
      My ITR can probably smoke that sporty cavalier, called corvette.
      Kind regards,
      James

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast