VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1757

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

11-02-2007 12:36 PM #1101
      Quote, originally posted by jebglx »
      found this article on msn.com

6. Several years ago, a flight crashed shortly after take-off. When authorities recovered the black box, they found that the pilots' last conversation was about the dating habits of the flight attendants working that day. A few years later, two pilots and an off-duty crew member were talking about the details of that tragedy in the cockpit of their own flight just before take-off. They remarked on how hard it must be for families to hear those final words. Shortly after take-off, their own flight crashed, leaving no survivors. The last sentence was, "So we had better make our conversations good for our families." I listened to the black box audio of that flight on the Internet, and am sorry now that I did, as it has haunted me ever since.
      Come on Bill....you know #6 isn't correct. The crew of Delta Flight 1141 (who said they needed to leave something for their families) was discussing the crash of Continental 1713 in Denver (who had discussed the FA's 'dating habits'). In neither case were there "no survivors". So much for that guy fact-checking
      Ironically though, I was on that same plane that was flight 1141 a few weeks earlier
      The ghost of Eastern Flight 401 should be on that list. When Eastern 401 (an L-1011) crashed in the Everglades, some of the salvaged parts were re-used and installed onto other L-1011's. The crews of the planes which received the parts from 401 reported seeing apparitions of crew members from 401.

Modified by ATL_Av8r at 12:40 PM 11-2-2007

Modified by ATL_Av8r at 12:43 PM 11-2-2007
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

2. Social Media Iron Man(and Administrator) jebglx's Avatar
      VWvortex Fourtitude SpeedArena Swedespeed
      Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI 5DR
      11-02-2007 12:43 PM #1102
      hey...i just cut & paste
      Quote, originally posted by ATL_Av8r »
      The ghost of Eastern Flight 401 should be on that list. When Eastern 401 (an L-1011) crashed in the Everglades, some of the salvaged parts were re-used and installed onto other L-1011's. The crews of the planes which received the parts from 401 reported seeing apparitions of crew members from 401.

i can't remember that name of the book i had when i was a kid that talked about the ghosts...fascinating
      book is probably called ghosts of flight 401
      bill

Vehicles
      2013 Touareg
      11-29-2007 11:48 AM #1103
      Anyone have Ouija board experiences? We're having a silly debate at work about it now...
      Go Gators!

12-02-2007 02:14 AM #1104
      It's not car related, but please hear me out.
      My wife and I previously lived in apartment #56 at the River Walk Apartments from July 1995-September 2002 in Campbell, California.
      During our time living at our 2-Bedroom 1- Bathroom apartment, the smallest bedroom had constant paranormal activity.
      It first started when my wife was pregnant with our son back in 1997. All of a sudden during the middle of the night she felt that someone was gripping her neck and trying to suffocate/murder her. After that happened we then moved all of furniture into the other bedroom. We had zero problem while sleeping in this bedroom. A few months later my wife and I both saw an apparition of a small child running around the apartment.
      Forward to after our son was born in April 1997. My Mom moved into our apartment and took the "Haunted" room. In the 12 months she had lived with us she said that someone kept turning her tv on and off and touching her in the middle of the night.
      The final straw was when our son was 4 1/2 years old.
      We had a Playstation 1 Video Game System with a TV in the "Haunted" Room along with a treadmill.
      Our son said that he wanted to play his video games and we both said ok. We did not watch him while he was playing PS1. We all of a sudden heard the sounds of our son coughing and crying!!!
      When my wife and I ran to the room the Playstation game controller cord was wrapped tightly around our son's neck!!!! He was turning blue and gasping for air.
      After that we put in our 30 Day Notice and left!

Modified by Old Fart at 11:40 PM 12-4-2007

Vehicles
      2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab, 2015 Challenger Scat-Pack 6MT because 'MURRICA
      12-02-2007 03:26 AM #1105
      Quote, originally posted by Old Fart »
      It's not car related, but please hear me out.
      My wife and I previously lived in apartment #56 at the River Walk Apartments from July 1995-September 2002.
      During our time living at our 2-Bedroom 1- Bathroom apartment, the smallest bedroom had constant paranormal activity.
      It first started when my wife was pregnant with our son back in 1997. All of a sudden during the middle of the night she felt that someone was gripping her neck and trying to suffocate/murder her. After that happened we then moved all of furniture into the other bedroom. We had zero problem while sleeping in this bedroom. A few months later my wife and I both saw an aborition of a small child running around the apartment.
      Forward to after our son was born in April 1997. My Mom moved into our apartment and took the "Haunted" room. In the 12 months she had lived with us she said that someone kept turning her tv on and off and touching her in the middle of the night.
      The final straw was when our son was 4 1/2 years old.
      We had a Playstation 1 Video Game System with a TV in the "Haunted" Room along with a treadmill.
      Our son said that he wanted to play his video games and we both said ok. We did not watch him while he was playing PS1. We all of a sudden heard the sounds of our son coughing and crying!!!
      When my wife and I ran to the room the Playstation game controller cord was wrapped tightly around our son's neck!!!! He was turning blue and gasping for air.
      After that we put in our 30 Day Notice and left!

Wow...thats freaky...
      that you made a post that wasn't $*#@ing about your POS Civics!
      In all seriousness though, I would have left the minute I saw an aborted Fetus running around my house...I mean, seriously.

6. 12-02-2007 05:01 AM #1106

http://www.airdisaster.com/cvr/dl191tr.shtml
      That is the transcript of the last few minutes of my cousins life(notice the dumbass control tower and how they seemed oblivious to the bad weather occuring). He was on Delta flight 191 which made a brilliant emergency landing at Dallas/Ft Worth in 1985...only to crash into 2 huge water tanks in the end(naturally they blamed the pilot). My cousin Jimmy Clark was a 30ish computer genius at IBM(I believe) at the time. Before boarding the flight he called his estranged wife and told her he wanted to patch things up with her so I'm sure he had a bad feeling about his flight. His mother and cousin talked to a stewardess in the rear that survived and she said she saw a fireball shoot up the cabin from first-class(where my cousin was) towards them. She said she was not religious at all at the time but she swore she saw Angels swoop down and protect those in the rear of the plane. She said when she got out her and the others were soaked with jet fuel...
      ...almost 20 years later me and my brothers were flying to my fathers funeral in San Antonio when suddenly there was a strange noise and the plane started decending suddenly. The pilot came on and said that the reverse thruster light came in one(of the two) engines and he had to shut it down. Then he said "If the reverse thruster comes on...well...let's not think about that". So stupid American Airlines told him to fly at low altitude(and low speed) to their repair depot at Dallas/Ft Worth. It took a couple extra hours to limp there and I can assure you we all cheered when that POS touched down! The pilot then said AA wanted to check the engine with us aboard and then send us on our way. I loudly said "I don't want to fly anywhere on this plane!" and seconds later the pilot said to debark as he and we were taking a different plane there instead.

12-04-2007 09:29 PM #1107
      Quote, originally posted by RollingInDubs »
      Wow...thats freaky...
      that you made a post that wasn't $*#@ing about your POS Civics!
      In all seriousness though, I would have left the minute I saw an aborted Fetus running around my house...I mean, seriously.

I am done complaining about my Civic's.
      But yeah, that apartment scared the hell out of me. I have had previous Paranormal activity from when I lived at my Step-mother's house as well. It's even scarier.

8. 12-04-2007 10:12 PM #1108
      I am done complaining about my Civic's.
      But yeah, that apartment scared the hell out of me. I have had previous Paranormal activity from when I lived at my Step-mother's house as well. It's even scarier.

I've seen many programs about people who have encounters with spirits, and supposedly, people will see them their whole lives, no matter where they live, or move. It's something about them having an extra "sensitivity" to paranormal energy.
      Do you see anything now?
      FS: PNY GeForce 2010 Video cards - $10 for 1 or $25 for all 4

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post85839023

9. 12-05-2007 12:56 AM #1109
      Man I love this thread, so glad I came to the lounge!

Quote, originally posted by DSG-TDI »
      Anyone have Ouija board experiences? We're having a silly debate at work about it now...

Glad to share!
      There is the wrecked dredging machine that people drive by everyday around where I live. Kids used to jump off of it into the water (really dangerous) all the time, I was one of them and it was also REALLY fun to walk around in and whatnot. So me and 3 of my other friends go there. Shannon was the only one old enough to drive so we all piled into her van and drove there. We brought the ouija board with us since we have just been messing with it and lit some candles and did the thing. It was a really old board and shannon said that when she has used it bad things happened. Well the times i was there nothing bad happened so we used it. There was this ZED guy we were talking to and it just didnt feel good. He started to quote bible things and changing heaven to hell in what he was saying so we said goodbye and booked it out of there. We hop in the van and are driving back to town and shannon starts yelling "I CANT STEAR" Im in the back with on of my friends and my good friend is shotgun trying to help her keep the car under control by grabbing the wheel too. It took both of them to keep it going straight. Everytime the steering wheel slipped from their hands it would jerk all over. Me and my friend are in the back looking at eachother like WTF IS THIS!!! We are wondering what to do so I was "like drive to the church". We get closer and its easier for them to steer the van. We sit and wait for like 20 min all looking at around like HOLY CRAP!! We leave and and the van starts going mental again! Pulling left and right. We make it to shannons house and take the ouija board out and to her house. After that the van was fine. Seriously the scariest night of my life.
      We used the ouija board other times after that including different ones and it was never like that. Some weird things but nothing like that.
      Ahhh the younger years!

Vehicles
      1997 VW Jetta GT
      12-05-2007 07:03 PM #1110
      I can't believe I read this thread from beginning to finish!
      Spa_driver I live around the area and you might find it interesting that I wanted to check out that park. I got the idea to check it out about a year ago when I ran across this on the shadowlands haunted places index:
      Quote »
      Live Oak Park - In the park there is a couple of large boulders that were used by Indians to grind acorns. The acorns were then used to make a sort of bread. The many years of grinding made indentations into the rocks. The Police department has over 2 dozen reports of an Indian girl grinding acorns on these rocks. The reports all very in time of day but the description of the little girl is always similar.

Never got around to it though.
      I will admit that I have always been fascinated with the paranormal...though, I am skeptical. I can say that I have never seen anything I can not explain. Though there has to be an explanation why so many people have seen and felt things. I wonder why theirs not any experiments to prove or disprove the existence of these curiosities by respectable establishments. Anyways...heres some of my experiences:
      I was hanging out with some friends in Cortland, NY back in my college days. We had been bored that evening and it was around Halloween so we decided to go find some "haunted" places. Needless to say there wasn't much around the area so we decided to head towards Syracuse. One of the stops of the night ended us up at a place called "13 curves". The story is that a bride was on her way to her wedding during the winter time and met her demise on the 13th curve where she lost control of her car. Well they say that you see her apparition on the 13th curve. So when we counted the curves from the top of the hill to the bottom as we drove through them and saw nothing. So we decided to take the road from bottom to the top. On the last curve at the top our lights went out. Ok weird. Shortly after we stopped to investigate the lights came back on. Could be coincidence. After a while we left and checked out a few more places without much success until our last stop of the night.
      I don't remember the name of the road we were investigating next but, I do know it was surrounded by a nature reserve and there were no lights on this dirt road. The story behind this place was that the KKK had a lot of activity up here and they killed some people on those grounds. As we drove down the road there was not much to look at except for woods and some clearings in between. When we got about half way down the road I got this really strong feeling of depression. I asked if anyone else felt "that" and my friends responded "that depressing feeling...yeah". Ok mass depression? Once we got to the end of the road we turned around and started driving back down the road. I caught one of my friends looking back and asked her if she felt like we were being followed...she said "yes" and everyone else concurred. I wanted to get out of the car and check the place out some more but, unfortunately my friends wanted to leave that place ASAP.
      I lived out on my own for a bit when I had to drop out of college for financial reasons. I rented a room in an old Victorian home in Pittsfield, MA. The room was located at the top of stairs on the second floor first door on the right. At night I used to come "home" from work and settled in for the night. I used to always get the feeling that someone was standing either at my door or in the corner of the room. I checked both areas obviously with nothing there. I could never catch the landlord to ask them about the place so I didn't bother. One night when I came back from work I remember being over tired and after grabbing a bite to eat I crawled into bed. For whatever reason I found myself looking over at the closed door and got that feeling again. I said out loud "Get the f*** lost already" and shortly feel asleep. I remember waking up with my eyes fixated towards the door. I tried to roll myself over but, couldn't. All of the sudden this black shadow of a woman jumps on top of me and begins to choke me. I could literally feel arms around my neck squeezing. I couldn't move. I struggled as hard as I could. I went from "Oh s*** this is how I’m going to die" to "I’m not going to f****** die this way!" and then felt as if I could feel this energy gathering in the core of my body. It felt really warm and strong and then all of the sudden it was like I flew out of bed and on to my feet. I quickly turned the light on and looked around the room. Nothing. After that I never got that feeling that someone was at the door or by the corner. I did do some research and found that according to the sources I found I had a classic case of sleep paralysis.
      I now live in southern California. The place I am renting was built back in the 70s. I was always curious to see if there was any history to the place. Did not have anything happen in the first 3 months I lived here. But soon after that I remember I would randomly wake up at night. I would look over at my GF and see that she was sound asleep. So I would go back to sleep. Well apparently my GF tells me that she has actually seen a shadow around the house. To include it in our room to the point she has woken up. She says she does not feel threaten by it and says that she thinks its watching over us (believes it could be her deceased father or the landlord's wife). I haven't seen anything solid yet. I do know that sometimes I feel uncomfortable here even when theirs people in the house. I'm going to try and do some research on the place when I can get down to the town archives to see if I find anything.

11. 12-08-2007 05:38 PM #1111
      Okay, I don't know if this qualifies as haunted, but I'm, convinced the thing is possessed...
      I have a 911S Targa. Since the day I bought it, water finds its way into the passenger side floor whenever it rains. I have changed weatherstripping around the Targa top and the windows, but still water gets in. A Porsche friend told me it was probably coming in through the fresh air vent in front of the windshield, and backing in through the vent inside the car. There is a drain line that is supposed to channel the water out, away from the vent, and it was probably plugged up. Okay, I blew out all the dirt and other flotsam from inside the intake vent outside the car, and hoped for the best. Still had water getting in. I decided the heck with all that, and bought a tarp to cover it up whenever it looked like rain. That seemed to work pretty well, water stopped getting inside. Now I'm thinking I've that, although I haven't solved the problem, I've at least stopped water getting inside the car....until now. I have had the car covered up for the past few weeks, during which time we had some heavy rain storms.
      The windows are closed tight, the tarp covers the entire car from nose to tail, and down to the ground on both sides. Today, I removed the tarp to do some cleaning inside, and there was an inch of water on the floor of the passenger side. The only way water could have got in was from underneath the car, which is pretty much impossible. I'm convinced the da** thing is possessed by some evil spirit ( probably conjured up by my ex-wife) bent on destroying the car , and my sanity.
      Anyone know any Druid Incantations or black magic that might rid the car of this problem?

01-26-2008 03:08 AM #1112
      Hello all,
      This topic has nothing to do with a Haunted Car, but tonight while I was on the computer my treadmill to the left of my computer has an exercise ball.
      All of a sudden when I was reading the news on Yahoo, the exercise ball which was at the bottom of the treadmill began to roll towards the top and then back to the bottom two times!!!!!!!!!
      I watched it with my own eyes and said to myself okay, great, go ahead and **** with me!
      I then pulled my wife into our bedroom casually not to scare our ten year old son and told her of what happened. After telling her, I went into our walk in closet in our master bedroom and called my Mom to tell her what happened. While I was on the phone with her all of the hangers that did not have clothes on them began to swing back and forth. I told my Mom this and she said go into another room. She plans tomorrow to call a Catholic Priest even though we are Christian/Mormon to help us.
      When I drove back from 7-11 soon thereafter, I noticed that my first apartment was #5 6 , the apartment we moved into once we were married was apartment #6 7, and our current apartment number is apartment #81 [6/B].
      It all comes down to 666
      We are planning to transfer to another apartment in our complex but the apartment number is 1316!!!
      Not to freak you guys out but my drivers license starts as U6660***

01-26-2008 05:07 AM #1113
      b u m p

Modified by Old Fart at 2:10 AM 1-26-2008

Vehicles
      2014 Acura TLX 2.4L // 2003 Honda Accord EX 4CYL
      02-06-2008 09:32 AM #1114
      back FROM THE DEAD. literally, kinda.
      The things that complete your life doesn't necessarily complete others.

Vehicles
      '13 ATS 2.0T, '13 Lexus RX350 AWD,'69 280SEL, '68 C10 SWB Stepside
      02-06-2008 11:23 AM #1115
      When I drove back from 7-11 soon thereafter, I noticed that my first apartment was #5 6 , the apartment we moved into once we were married was apartment #6 7, and our current apartment number is apartment #81 [6/B].
      It all comes down to 666
      We are planning to transfer to another apartment in our complex but the apartment number is 1316!!!
      Not to freak you guys out but my drivers license starts as U6660***

that is awesome!...i would blast slayer at all times if i were you.
      it's like the episode of athf were danzig buys carls house because the house is possesed.
      so it goes... ಠ_ಠ

16. 02-06-2008 12:49 PM #1116
      I love this thread

Vehicles
      2013 Touareg
      02-06-2008 01:18 PM #1117
      I don't think this thread is really "back from the dead," rather, due to the lack of anything new or interesting posted here in months, I'd say it was dying.
      Go Gators!

18. Geriatric Member VegasJetta's Avatar
      Vehicles
      01 XJ 4.0, 81 CJ7, 99 Forester Syncro, 87 Honda TRX250, 82 Honda UrbEx, 85 Honda ATC70
      02-06-2008 01:34 PM #1118
      Quote, originally posted by HASSELHOF »
      it's like the episode of athf were danzig buys carls house because the house is possesed.

HAHAHA AWESOME!
      Quote Originally Posted by JacksSenseOfRejection
      Here's a fun fact: if someone is hitting you with a metal pipe, stay down.

19. 02-06-2008 01:51 PM #1119
      I've been reading this thread for a while now, still didn't get all the stories but sofar it's all good stuff!
      I have one small story of my own to contribute.
      A few years ago, I was visiting my parents for christmas. We had alot of ham and turkey and around midnight I decided to drive back home. Ny parents house lies very remote, in a small town on the Dutch/Belgian border and you have to drive 10 miles on a small twisty road before you reach the highway. There are no lights or anything on this road, just a very dark area with very big trees aside the road, making it even impossible for the moon to shine his light on the situation. The thing is, one year earlier, a local kid who just had his drivers license drove himself of that road, into a tree and got killed instantly. after the tragedy his family made some sort of altar at that tree, with a picture of him, a teddy bear and candles and flowers, you know the whole lot (the altar is still there nowadays!)
      But anyway, when I was driving past this tree, I just felt a very strong, warm wind blowing in my face. Not like somebody was blowing out a birthday cake but really like a good storm wind. I checked my carheater and it was at 1st speed, moderatly pushing warm air to the windscreen, and I didn't have my windows down or anything. It couldn't be anything inside the car that caused this. I was really spooked and shouted out loud: "who are you!?" ofcourse there was no answer. I've passed this tree alot of times after this incident, never experienced the wind again though, but I still get chills everytime I pass that tree...

20. 02-06-2008 02:10 PM #1120
      Just last week the old' FOX-O-DEATH pulled a trick on me. I had friends over and we had been outside a few times to have a smoke, the fox is in the driveway with both doors locked everytime. I go out around 10:30 and its snowing pretty good, everything is as it was. I came out for work at 6:30 the next morning and heres the Fox with 4-ways on. At first I think "Stupid POS has elec. problems now!" So I UNLOCK the DS door and hop in to find that the switch is physically turned ON. Both doors stayed locked all night, none of the snow on the car was disturbed adn I found no foot prints around the car. .....Crazy like a fox.

21. 02-06-2008 03:18 PM #1121
      wowo. back from the dead, the thread I mean.
      hehe. I ran into some demonic activity, but i beat it. In fact, I continue to beat it.
      this stuff is so real. The other thing is that it's meant to keep you in awe and fear.
      i ask all of you, please don't dabble in this.

Vehicles
      99 Acura 1.6El, 98 Jetta GT(gone), 91 Golf CL
      02-06-2008 04:09 PM #1122
      Quote, originally posted by jarapiri »
      I lived out on my own for a bit when I had to drop out of college for financial reasons. I rented a room in an old Victorian home in Pittsfield, MA. The room was located at the top of stairs on the second floor first door on the right. At night I used to come "home" from work and settled in for the night. I used to always get the feeling that someone was standing either at my door or in the corner of the room. I checked both areas obviously with nothing there. I could never catch the landlord to ask them about the place so I didn't bother. One night when I came back from work I remember being over tired and after grabbing a bite to eat I crawled into bed. For whatever reason I found myself looking over at the closed door and got that feeling again. I said out loud "Get the f*** lost already" and shortly feel asleep. I remember waking up with my eyes fixated towards the door. I tried to roll myself over but, couldn't. All of the sudden this black shadow of a woman jumps on top of me and begins to choke me. I could literally feel arms around my neck squeezing. I couldn't move. I struggled as hard as I could. I went from "Oh s*** this is how I’m going to die" to "I’m not going to f****** die this way!" and then felt as if I could feel this energy gathering in the core of my body. It felt really warm and strong and then all of the sudden it was like I flew out of bed and on to my feet. I quickly turned the light on and looked around the room. Nothing. After that I never got that feeling that someone was at the door or by the corner. I did do some research and found that according to the sources I found I had a classic case of sleep paralysis.

Old Hag Syndrome. It's more common than you would think and freaks the crap outta me.

Quote Originally Posted by barry2952 View Post
      So, not recommended for '50s engines?
      Quote Originally Posted by KahviVW View Post
      I think they require fresh oil squeezed from a live dinosaur. It's the only way.

Vehicles
      '11 WRX
      02-06-2008 04:23 PM #1123
      Quote, originally posted by okocim »
      Old Hag Syndrome. It's more common than you would think and freaks the crap outta me.

yeah, it seriously sucks. bad.

24. 02-06-2008 05:06 PM #1124
      i dont know if this applies. . but here we go. . . driving my old truck in H.S.. . . was washing it at the self wash while a freind sat in the passenger seat. it was 12:10.pm . i remember because he gave me a hard time bout it but we were meeting some friends (girls) and didnt want to fumble. as the truck is covered in soap and im rounding the front right corner of the right fender i feel my bud tap me on the shoulder twice ( knock knock ). hard enough to spin me round only to see him staring in my direction in disbeleif while seat belted in the truck. . i have a cumpulsion to finish rinsing because thats the way i am. ( moving quick now ) as i round the same exact spot i am stopped inexplicably and suddenly feel a warm pressure around my side. . . "im outta here!". . ........................ one week later. some freinds and myself pile into my beat pile of crap and off for the evening. as im traveling up 110 in huntington station doing a steady 60 a young man my age that has a had a few drinks after a day peppered with strife has decided he is no longer capable of living and sees salvation in my quickly approaching trucks lights. as i sprint passed the huntington bodega unknowing of the impending travesty , he streaks from behind a tree and is struck back first by my vehicle. as his back arcs in reflex from the sudden impact his head slams thru my windsheild and in slo motion i view a splattering pattern consuming my glass. . . . . with brakes slammed he's launched like the sulfur of a roman candle . his conciousness dissapating as quickly as the flare. he comes to rest on the double yellow. i exit the vehicle with haste not quite thinking clearly as the female in the front seat is screaming as tho she was lying there. as a crowd gathers and the man lies immobile , a man pulls a knife from his jacket pocket and begins my way with determination( I just killed his brother ). moments before this man spreads my insides on the n.y. highway an officer arrives and affords me a lil more life. at this point i would have welcomed death gladly , being what i was convinced I surely deserved. . . . after the paramedics arrived and did not move the body I was sure this was now a collision investigation area and not a rescue. . . so there i stood, alone , desperate, cold , a murderer , in stead of a gun something infinitely more deadly. as i prayed like god himself was watching with distain , i suddenly felt that same warm sensation around my side. clearer now , it was more easily described as an arm around my waist as if comforting me. . . i was standing at the corner where the story had began. .my freestyle watch reads 12:10:45 pm . . minutes later the young man started moving. . doctors would later inform me that he should have died but miraculasly would be walking within months. . . years after the authorities placed the fault with the distrought youngster and i was again driving without nerves. . i decided to have the truck repainted. . . upon taking the truck in , the body shop informed me of exstensive repairs under the old paint.maybe 15 years old, the repairs were never mentioned by the previous owner. but the body shop said "every panel was hit so hard , that it looks like it rolled down a mountain. it should have been wrecked. whoever was driving is probably dead". . . .
      drive slow guys. . . i was lucky. . .

Modified by reillymk2 at 2:07 PM 2-6-2008
      Originally Posted by Burnitwithfire
      "Old american cars with body on frames are much safer than today's car because they are heavier" yes like 30-40 years of technical advancements haven't made new cars safer than a heavy hunk of steel that will crumble like a waffle and impale you with the steering colum...

Vehicles
      1987 scirocco 16v, 1987 corolla truck, 1JZGTE MX83 cressida
      02-06-2008 05:19 PM #1125
      i'm not sure if you guys will count this but theres a road down here in maryland called governers bridge road its got all kinds of creepy ghost stories most of which are ridicoulus if you ask me but one that i experienced that i have never seen mentioned anywhere else about this road was one night while i was moving relativily fast through the twistees on this road (a good 60 or 70) i made the final turn that leads onto a straight away. Then out of no where i see two head lights like the just appeared out of thin air. Me being the stupid high school kid i was back then and being in some what of a sports car decides that its a cop and i am going to out run him so as my speed approaches 100-110mph the headlights are closing in fast and i can't figure it out now the tail lights are right no my bumper....but they are so bright i can't figure out what kinda car it was...then all the sudden the flew up even closer and dissapeard as if they went right through the car i instantly hit the brakes hard thinking some other kid just cut his lights off thinking he was funny but there was nothing there? i have been down this road many of times since and have never had this happen again but i have talked to a few people recently that have explained the same thing happening to them before i even tell them about it happening to me? i was freaked out but i love that road to much not to go back
      K1 Fabrication, Atlanta GA...find us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/khfabrication!
      Toyota, Nissan, Chevy LS specialist, Lover of the 12V VR6
      13.24@102 all motor stock motor 12v VR6...bolt on's only

Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast