Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast
    Results 1,611 to 1,645 of 1752

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

Vehicles
      '04 Nogaro S4 Avant 6MT, '09 CW Touareg TDi V6 (wifes), '09 A4 Avant (sold), '08 R32 (sold)
      08-30-2012 05:34 PM #1611
      Quote Originally Posted by recklessvw View Post
      That garage sale house got foreclosed on a year ago, and is still for sale. The yard is all dead, and the price keeps going down.
      Whats the address for this house? Im always up for a good deal

2. 08-30-2012 05:47 PM #1612
      This has never been discussed outside my immediate family, mostly because we understand the strong likelihood of skepticism and overall disregard, and we figured we'd just keep it to ourselves. I've been entertained for many years in this hallowed thread, so I guess I'll throw this one out there. This still scares the sh1t out of me, and every single syllable is as I remember it.

Preface: This is no childhood story...this happened last year in my current house. My house isn't built on anything crazy, it's essentially brand new, and nobody has ever died or gone insane here as far as I know.

Last year the house down the street from us had a garage sale in the middle of the week, over the span of a few days. Being neighborly, I stopped and chatted with them and checked out what was for sale, and was told they were unexpectedly leaving the country in a few weeks, and were selling off a few household items they didn't need or didn't want to move. Except what was for sale didn't at all jive with that story. It looked like they were selling an entire house, albeit a much smaller one, full of goods. One couch, one chair, one bookcase full of books, one bible, one table, one lamp, and shoes....lots of shoes. Nothing super suspicious at face value, just kind of....I don't know...weird. Nothing overly heavy or cumbersome, no exercise machines or old bicycles or kids stuff like you normally see at "I'm getting out of here soon" garage sales.

So I'm a sucker for a good deal, and the wifey and I had been shopping for a couch for our recently finished basement living area. We're comfortable, but certainly not wealthy, and we use Craigslist and garage sales all the time when we can score good deals. Anyway, this weird couple had this nice microfiber couch out on the front yard. Nice material, looked clean, pretty comfy, etc...they were asking $300 for it, and although I thought that was a bit high, I sat in it for a while and thought about it while I chatted with these people. After a few minutes of chilling in this couch, I decided against it for whatever reason and walked home.

A few hours later, my wife comes home hooting and hollering about this great deal she got on a couch, and leads me to the garage where the fabled microfiber couch was now taking up space. She told me she liked it, paid $250 for it, and said the guy was nice enough to deliver it up the street in his truck. I would learn why soon enough.

So we shoehorn this monster couch into the basement, set it up where we like it and I spend the next couple days sleeping on it during the hot summer days. (I work at night occasionally). It's about this time that I start to believe something is very wrong inthe basement of our house. During the next few days, I start to have some positively BIZZARE dreams, I wake up with my heart pounding, out of breath, and the crazy images in my head don't fade like dreams usually do. Images of lynchings, murder, buried alive, all sorts of craziness. I blame my crazy sleep patterns and admittedly crappy night-shift nutrition, and carry on....until my wife starts to complain as well.

She tells me about flickering lights, TV volume anomalies, and a sense of general unease anytime she is in the basement or near the stairs whenever I'm not home. She won't go down there, she wants to sell the house, she's just freaking out, and she is usually SUPER skeptical and rational about all things paranormal.

My mom soon comes to visit, and she elects to sleep on said couch since it's nice and cool in the basement. 4 hours later, she's back upstairs sleeping on the floor, and asking me to go downstairs and get her things for her since she refuses to descend the stairs. She expains trying to tie her shoes when she sees a vision of herself being strangled with her shoelaces on the couch, and wants to go home immediately.

Now I'm a reasonable guy with a reasonable belief structure, so I elect to go downstairs and get her stuff. As soon as I reach the landing where I can see this couch, I know something in the room is very, very wrong. The air was cold, thick, and hard to breathe like you were trying to inhale dirt, and very single hair on my body was standing on end. Goosebumps upon goosebumps, and my chest ached like I was being sat on. It was physically difficult to stay in that space, and although it's hard to describe, my body and brain knew whatever was currently occupying the space was purely, diabolically evil and it didn't want me down there. I swear it was darker down there than it had any right to be, despite the huge egress windows and ample light fixtures. It felt....I don't know...angry. LIke a deep, very personal kind of anger.

Over the couple weeks that followed, the dreams and visions and oppressive presence in the house got much worse. I can't quantify it or try to make some logical comparison, it just felt horribly horribly WRONG to be anywhere in the house. If somewhere in our subsonscious, there's a little-known defense mechanism that detects these sorts of things, mine was going nuts. It physically hurt going down those stairs.

So fast forward a few weeks, and I've had it. I call my father over to help me, and we moved that cursed thing from the basement into the back of my truck, and we headed for the local landfill with it. THe landfill is in town on the southwest side, and we headed into town from US287 outside of Fort Collins. At the intersection of 287 and 54G, the highway takes a slow turn to the east, and cross traffic has a stop sign with plenty of visibility. So we're eastbound at about 75mph in a 65 zone, and I see a red Dodge Dakota stopped at the intersection. We're approaching, and the driver is looking right at me...and then she just goes, pulling out right in front of me.

Now I remember very clearly thinking we were going to hit her, that there was no way I was going to be able to stop. I stand on the brakes, the ABS is going nuts, the rear is sliding all over the place, and somehow....somehow we miss colliding by maybe a few feet. I stop at the side of the road, gather my wits, give the truck and the couch a once over, then finally make it to the landfill where we paid $30 to dump that very nice, very haunted couch, still shaked from the near MVA.

On our way home, silence. Not a thing was said...we pull onto my street, and parked in front of the garage sale house is a red Dodge Dakota. I didn't stop, I never asked, and to this day I never saw that truck there again.

The second I walked into my house I knew it had been the couch. It felt lighter somehow...lighter everywhere. I could breathe, hang out in basement, and we could sleep again. No weird dreams, no visions, no craziness....all of it gone.

That garage sale house got foreclosed on a year ago, and is still for sale. The yard is all dead, and the price keeps going down. I wonder sometimes what in the hell happened in there and where those people ended up, and then of course I wonder what it had to do with me and that red pickup....I'd like an explanation...by brain seems to want to assign some logic or reason to the whole thing, but something inside of me tells me I really don't want to know.

This is first time I've ever spoken or typed about that whole scenario outside my immediate family...I have goosebumps just typing this.

New page.

3. 08-30-2012 05:48 PM #1613
      Quote Originally Posted by tilnaneer View Post
      Whats the address for this house? Im always up for a good deal
      Triangle Dr in Fort Collins, CO. It's a corner lot with a yard beyond help.

4. 08-30-2012 05:58 PM #1614
      MOAR STORIES

Vehicles
      1994/VW/JETTA/GLX 2014/Ford/FIESTA ST
      08-30-2012 06:13 PM #1615
      In for later, lots of interesting posts in this thread.
      VRSociety #293

Vehicles
      13 abarth//90 325iS//20-speed roadie
      08-30-2012 06:34 PM #1616
      did you at least google the address? there has to be a publication that explains what happened there.

Vehicles
      2004 VW Golf R32 DeepBluePerleffekt (B5R)
      08-30-2012 07:42 PM #1617
      wow,Recklessvw.that is one creepy story
      did you make certain that the couch was destroyed? that would be scary if one of the guys at the dump took it home or something.
      I my R32
      it's the best VW evar!
      Mind-Blowing List of Mods: Dark Charcoal tinted front side markers & blinkers.Continental DWS A/S tires on stock Aristos w/ VW Racing center caps.Koni FSD shocks w/ OEM US R32 springs.EBC Redstuff pads.Gloss Black painted stock front grille & mirror caps.

08-31-2012 01:34 AM #1618
      I am a believer in "Ghosts" I havent seen anything first hand.

But on the spiritual side of things...

My Grandma was my absolute best friend ever, I had always spent a ton of time with her.
      She had Parkinsons and her medications were fairly erratic so she had issues sleeping and would randomly cook food at like 3am.

Fast forward to 2009, she went to the hospital, 3 weeks later she ends up passing due to medical malpractice.
      She would end up in the hospital every few years for minor things, she never wanted anyone visiting her except my mother and uncle.
      So during her last stay my brothers and I werent "allowed" to go visit her.

One night during her hospital stay I couldnt sleep, I knew she hadnt been doing very well from the day prior.
      I decide to make a late night snack (I had NEVER done this before and I dont know what drove me to do it) and as I'm about to start eating, we get the call at exactly 3am that my Grandmother has passed away.
      So, subconsciously I'm doing my grandmothers late night routine at the exact time she passed away.

It was absolutely the most devastating thing that had ever happened in my life and it took me quite awhile to accept the reality that she was gone.
      At complete random I have the most insanely vivid dreams and in every single one of them is my grandmother. A few of the early dreams were other scenarios of how she would have died and that it was just her time to go.
      Now I have a few dreams each year as if she is just checking in to say she is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00 View Post
      The 6's in a big body cars, were as slow as religions accepting gay marriage...

9. 08-31-2012 05:14 AM #1619
      Quote Originally Posted by gruppe-b View Post
      wow,Recklessvw.that is one creepy story
      did you make certain that the couch was destroyed? that would be scary if one of the guys at the dump took it home or something.
      I thought about that. I really hope some innocent family isn't dealing with that thing in their house.

Quote Originally Posted by bora.the.explora View Post
      did you at least google the address? there has to be a publication that explains what happened there.
      I did some research into the premises and the family who lived there, but there were ZERO public records of anything noteworthy happening at the house. That would normally be comforting, but the fact nobody knows anything leaves me a bit uneasy.

I couldn't help but feel like all that furniture belonged to somebody who was somehow related to the house or the family...someone who probably suffered a great deal.

Ugh...

10. 08-31-2012 06:21 AM #1620
      New page.
      Why not going in that house, since it is for sale, go in with LOTS of friends! Damn, I had some goosebumps reading your story!

11. 08-31-2012 06:38 AM #1621
      Quote Originally Posted by BadBeetle View Post
      I am a believer in "Ghosts" I havent seen anything first hand.

But on the spiritual side of things...

My Grandma was my absolute best friend ever, I had always spent a ton of time with her.
      She had Parkinsons and her medications were fairly erratic so she had issues sleeping and would randomly cook food at like 3am.

Fast forward to 2009, she went to the hospital, 3 weeks later she ends up passing due to medical malpractice.
      She would end up in the hospital every few years for minor things, she never wanted anyone visiting her except my mother and uncle.
      So during her last stay my brothers and I werent "allowed" to go visit her.

One night during her hospital stay I couldnt sleep, I knew she hadnt been doing very well from the day prior.
      I decide to make a late night snack (I had NEVER done this before and I dont know what drove me to do it) and as I'm about to start eating, we get the call at exactly 3am that my Grandmother has passed away.
      So, subconsciously I'm doing my grandmothers late night routine at the exact time she passed away.

It was absolutely the most devastating thing that had ever happened in my life and it took me quite awhile to accept the reality that she was gone.
      At complete random I have the most insanely vivid dreams and in every single one of them is my grandmother. A few of the early dreams were other scenarios of how she would have died and that it was just her time to go.
      Now I have a few dreams each year as if she is just checking in to say she is ok.
      I have a similar story. My grandpa was sick for a couple of months. He was laying in a old luxury style hospital bed at home since he got ill. The night before my grandpa past away, I had this weird dream: I saw my family crying around a bed, couldn't figure out why. So I managed to fiend a way to see what was going on. And I found a body laying in that bed, strange thing was, it had no face, hands or feet. So I woke up, thought about it for a couple of hours and went to school. I came home that afternoon, and my dad told me that he passed away that night. Strange thing was: my grandpa en I never where friends, always screaming at me, etc. So I asked myself: Why me?

Vehicles
      '07 335i Sedan, '04 R32, '82 300D, '95 Jetta
      08-31-2012 10:39 AM #1622
      Not gonna say I just street view toured the whole street... But I did . Which corner is it? Sadly the sat view is updated, but the street view is circa 2007. That was a good one and got my hair standing on end for sure.

I thought about that. I really hope some innocent family isn't dealing with that thing in their house.

I did some research into the premises and the family who lived there, but there were ZERO public records of anything noteworthy happening at the house. That would normally be comforting, but the fact nobody knows anything leaves me a bit uneasy.

I couldn't help but feel like all that furniture belonged to somebody who was somehow related to the house or the family...someone who probably suffered a great deal.

Ugh...

Vehicles
      2013 Conestoga Wagon
      08-31-2012 12:10 PM #1623
      Triangle Dr in Fort Collins, CO. It's a corner lot with a yard beyond help.
      http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/74...67156163_zpid/

Could this one be it?

14. 08-31-2012 01:30 PM #1624
      This has never been discussed outside my immediate family, mostly because we understand the strong likelihood of skepticism and overall disregard, and we figured we'd just keep it to ourselves. I've been entertained for many years in this hallowed thread, so I guess I'll throw this one out there. This still scares the sh1t out of me, and every single syllable is as I remember it.

Preface: This is no childhood story...this happened last year in my current house. My house isn't built on anything crazy, it's essentially brand new, and nobody has ever died or gone insane here as far as I know.

Last year the house down the street from us had a garage sale in the middle of the week, over the span of a few days. Being neighborly, I stopped and chatted with them and checked out what was for sale, and was told they were unexpectedly leaving the country in a few weeks, and were selling off a few household items they didn't need or didn't want to move. Except what was for sale didn't at all jive with that story. It looked like they were selling an entire house, albeit a much smaller one, full of goods. One couch, one chair, one bookcase full of books, one bible, one table, one lamp, and shoes....lots of shoes. Nothing super suspicious at face value, just kind of....I don't know...weird. Nothing overly heavy or cumbersome, no exercise machines or old bicycles or kids stuff like you normally see at "I'm getting out of here soon" garage sales.

So I'm a sucker for a good deal, and the wifey and I had been shopping for a couch for our recently finished basement living area. We're comfortable, but certainly not wealthy, and we use Craigslist and garage sales all the time when we can score good deals. Anyway, this weird couple had this nice microfiber couch out on the front yard. Nice material, looked clean, pretty comfy, etc...they were asking $300 for it, and although I thought that was a bit high, I sat in it for a while and thought about it while I chatted with these people. After a few minutes of chilling in this couch, I decided against it for whatever reason and walked home.

A few hours later, my wife comes home hooting and hollering about this great deal she got on a couch, and leads me to the garage where the fabled microfiber couch was now taking up space. She told me she liked it, paid $250 for it, and said the guy was nice enough to deliver it up the street in his truck. I would learn why soon enough.

So we shoehorn this monster couch into the basement, set it up where we like it and I spend the next couple days sleeping on it during the hot summer days. (I work at night occasionally). It's about this time that I start to believe something is very wrong inthe basement of our house. During the next few days, I start to have some positively BIZZARE dreams, I wake up with my heart pounding, out of breath, and the crazy images in my head don't fade like dreams usually do. Images of lynchings, murder, buried alive, all sorts of craziness. I blame my crazy sleep patterns and admittedly crappy night-shift nutrition, and carry on....until my wife starts to complain as well.

She tells me about flickering lights, TV volume anomalies, and a sense of general unease anytime she is in the basement or near the stairs whenever I'm not home. She won't go down there, she wants to sell the house, she's just freaking out, and she is usually SUPER skeptical and rational about all things paranormal.

My mom soon comes to visit, and she elects to sleep on said couch since it's nice and cool in the basement. 4 hours later, she's back upstairs sleeping on the floor, and asking me to go downstairs and get her things for her since she refuses to descend the stairs. She expains trying to tie her shoes when she sees a vision of herself being strangled with her shoelaces on the couch, and wants to go home immediately.

Now I'm a reasonable guy with a reasonable belief structure, so I elect to go downstairs and get her stuff. As soon as I reach the landing where I can see this couch, I know something in the room is very, very wrong. The air was cold, thick, and hard to breathe like you were trying to inhale dirt, and very single hair on my body was standing on end. Goosebumps upon goosebumps, and my chest ached like I was being sat on. It was physically difficult to stay in that space, and although it's hard to describe, my body and brain knew whatever was currently occupying the space was purely, diabolically evil and it didn't want me down there. I swear it was darker down there than it had any right to be, despite the huge egress windows and ample light fixtures. It felt....I don't know...angry. LIke a deep, very personal kind of anger.

Over the couple weeks that followed, the dreams and visions and oppressive presence in the house got much worse. I can't quantify it or try to make some logical comparison, it just felt horribly horribly WRONG to be anywhere in the house. If somewhere in our subsonscious, there's a little-known defense mechanism that detects these sorts of things, mine was going nuts. It physically hurt going down those stairs.

So fast forward a few weeks, and I've had it. I call my father over to help me, and we moved that cursed thing from the basement into the back of my truck, and we headed for the local landfill with it. THe landfill is in town on the southwest side, and we headed into town from US287 outside of Fort Collins. At the intersection of 287 and 54G, the highway takes a slow turn to the east, and cross traffic has a stop sign with plenty of visibility. So we're eastbound at about 75mph in a 65 zone, and I see a red Dodge Dakota stopped at the intersection. We're approaching, and the driver is looking right at me...and then she just goes, pulling out right in front of me.

Now I remember very clearly thinking we were going to hit her, that there was no way I was going to be able to stop. I stand on the brakes, the ABS is going nuts, the rear is sliding all over the place, and somehow....somehow we miss colliding by maybe a few feet. I stop at the side of the road, gather my wits, give the truck and the couch a once over, then finally make it to the landfill where we paid $30 to dump that very nice, very haunted couch, still shaked from the near MVA.

On our way home, silence. Not a thing was said...we pull onto my street, and parked in front of the garage sale house is a red Dodge Dakota. I didn't stop, I never asked, and to this day I never saw that truck there again.

The second I walked into my house I knew it had been the couch. It felt lighter somehow...lighter everywhere. I could breathe, hang out in basement, and we could sleep again. No weird dreams, no visions, no craziness....all of it gone.

That garage sale house got foreclosed on a year ago, and is still for sale. The yard is all dead, and the price keeps going down. I wonder sometimes what in the hell happened in there and where those people ended up, and then of course I wonder what it had to do with me and that red pickup....I'd like an explanation...by brain seems to want to assign some logic or reason to the whole thing, but something inside of me tells me I really don't want to know.

This is first time I've ever spoken or typed about that whole scenario outside my immediate family...I have goosebumps just typing this.
      There is a red pickup (Dodge) (Just the street behind the house)

https://maps.google.nl/maps?q=Triang...de+Staten&z=20
      Last edited by RennbahnPolizei; 08-31-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport
      08-31-2012 01:34 PM #1625
      Quote Originally Posted by CoolWhiteWolfsburg View Post
      It's the haunted couch!!!
      Sent from my basement using two tin cans and a string.

Vehicles
      2011 Golf 2.5 5MT
      08-31-2012 02:37 PM #1626
      The painting/decapitated animals hanging on the walls definitely are creepy. Even if that's not the house.

Vehicles
      Had some vws
      08-31-2012 02:52 PM #1627
      In to keep track and read later
      04' GLI (sold), 81' Caddy (sold), 89' Helios (sold)
      Follow me on instagram @robyandruby

Vehicles
      '15 GTI Autobahn
      08-31-2012 03:57 PM #1628
      In for more!

I've had a few weird cases I've never found an explanation for. One year back when I lived at home around christmas, I was alone at home in the living room watching tv and kept hearing footsteps upstairs. Then out of nowhere something flies from the staircase and hits the wall behind me. I jumped up and checked upstairs but I was the only one at home. I went over to where I was and noticed a tiny mark on the wall where something had hit it (it was a wooden accent wall that was stained and a noticeable chip was missing) The only thing that was nearby the couch were christmas ornaments so I have no idea what flew and hit the wall or how.

Another time in the same house I was walking around on the phone near the staircase. The air got a little heavy feeling and I got that feeling like someone was watching me. At this point I was the only one living in the house because my parents moved to Houston for a better job and I stayed with the house until it sold. I wandered around the house a bit more and checked upstairs and came back down, still on the phone. When I got downstairs I looked out the peephole in the front door and when I turned around I felt this gust of wind and this invisible/see-thru sphere/orb-like object just under eye level flew from the hallway in front of the door, right in front of me around the staircase, and back around the living room in the opposite direction. My friend on the phone heard me freaking out while I grabbed my keys and ran outside. It was about 3/4AM at the time. I got in my car and my car wouldn't start (but that was normal - it was a 1985 Pontiac Bonneville) After fighting with it for a bit it started and I drove up to the lit-up Kroger parking lot and sat there in the car (still on the phone freaking out) until dawn until I worked up the courage to go back home. After that I only lived there for a few more months until it sold, but I never had another issue there.

The next incident I had was by FAR the creepiest I've ever had in my life. It was probably a year or two after I had moved and I was living with a friend in his townhome. It was a 2 story/3-bedroom with a basement that also had another room in it. The rooms upstairs probably wouldn't have even fit my bed, so I opted for the huge basement as my room. It always had a weird vibe down there, but I expected that from a basement. It was a pretty old townhome so there was a lot of creaking and all that fun stuff. The basement had 2 closets, an extra room that had cabinets and some type of daybed built into it, and also another room for storage under the staircase they had converted into an additional bathroom too. (That room was too creepy so I used the bathroom upstairs and left that door shut 24/7 lol) I actually never had any kind of recurring issues, aside from the obvious creaking and "footstep" sounds coming from the upper floors. So one night I was laying down watching TV. I was laying down facing the TV which is also facing the staircase. My light was off but the light for the staircase was on. I started to see a shadow come down the staircase until I could see a dark silhouette of what looked like a person. The whole time I just remember laying there, as if I was frozen and couldn't move. It slowly walked toward me until it was directly in my face, and seemed as if it's "mouth" opened up around my face (still a completely black object, couldn't see any details) and that's when I jumped out of bed SCREAMING as if I had just woken up - but it was TOO real to have been a dream. My roommate came running down wondering what the crap had just happened, and he was pretty convinced I had dreamed it. Needless to say I couldn't sleep the entire night and ended up passing out earlier in the morning. I only lived there for about a month before I moved out. I ended up brushing it off (still pretty shaken) thinking it was just a bad dream. I got a new apartment with another roommate, and a few months later, that roommate moved out, I moved out of my room into the master bedroom, and another roommate moved in my old room. He never mentioned anything happening, but at the end of the lease, he told me how glad he was to get out of that apartment. I laughed and asked why (keep in mind I never told him about the issue I had in the basement) and he explained something almost identical to what I had experienced- he described it as a dark silhouette/shadowy figure walking in and leaning over him. I'm wondering if something I own/owned is "haunted" and whatever this was followed me and stayed in that room when I had switched rooms....pretty damn freaky. that was in 2007, and since then I haven't had a single issue.
      Last edited by vdub10golf; 08-31-2012 at 05:06 PM.

19. 08-31-2012 06:38 PM #1629

That's the one.

Different couch, though...I had to catch my breath, but that's just a little bit different fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by RennbahnPolizei View Post
      There is a red pickup (Dodge) (Just the street behind the house)

https://maps.google.nl/maps?q=Triang...de+Staten&z=20

Yeah, that truck is always there, hardly ever moves. The crazy accident-prone Dakota was a quadcab in a different shade of red.

That house is priced REALLY well for the neighborhood, and still it just rots on the market. Full of evil, I tell ya.

Vehicles
      White car with an obnoxious wing on the back
      09-01-2012 01:30 AM #1630
      Reading through this thread, in the dark of my dorm room, in a 100+ year old building that used to be an inn, in the basement, in a room with a trapdoor that leads to some passages underneath the building where some student apparently died, with my roommate away for the weekend...

Sh!t
      If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical issue

21. Member
      09-01-2012 02:00 AM #1631
      Looks creepy as **** to me. No reason that I can pinpoint. It just does.

I've been super skeptical for quite a while now. Nothing "paranormal" ever gets to me. But that story has me looking over my shoulder.

09-04-2012 11:45 AM #1632
      Quote Originally Posted by Electioneer View Post
      Reading through this thread, in the dark of my dorm room, in a 100+ year old building that used to be an inn, in the basement, in a room with a trapdoor that leads to some passages underneath the building where some student apparently died, with my roommate away for the weekend...

Sh!t
      Whoa....what? Trapdoor? Can you open it? Take pics!! Must see this!!
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      2004 VW Golf R32 DeepBluePerleffekt (B5R)
      09-04-2012 02:10 PM #1633
      dark, stormy & spooky out today.
      not sure if i or anyone else had posted about this house before--it's in my old neighborhood,my school bus would drive past it every day when i was a kid.i have a copy of the book Night Stalks the Mansion,too
      http://www.delcoghosts.com/heilbron.html
      I my R32
      it's the best VW evar!
      Mind-Blowing List of Mods: Dark Charcoal tinted front side markers & blinkers.Continental DWS A/S tires on stock Aristos w/ VW Racing center caps.Koni FSD shocks w/ OEM US R32 springs.EBC Redstuff pads.Gloss Black painted stock front grille & mirror caps.

09-04-2012 04:40 PM #1634
      well,when i was about 5-9 i lived in this old ass house on a shady old street,house was big..white..and creepy. my dad loved it,my mom didnt know what she liked.
      we lived ther for about 4 months without anything,then i started to hang in the basement as it was carpeted and my older brothers room was down ther for a short period.

we had an old stretch out staircase with a open under storage area that went wayyy far back into the boiler room. i used to remember when i would go to walk by sometimes id feel really un-easy...even as a kid. id always get goosebumps and i would just run up the stairs checking my back every few steps every time.

until my mom said she witnessed someone walking into the boiler room when she was home one day. since that i had seen it 2 times but thats it. my brother saw it as well. my dad was the only one that never saw a thing and thought we were crazy!

me and my brother would be downstairs hanging out and we would hear movement upstairs[only pet at the time was a bird] when we were home alone. we went to investigate to find that the lights were all on and the kitchen window was open.
      i hated that house
      Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
      Sometimes you just have to dim the lights, light a candle, pick out the right clip, and make love to yourself.....
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      I usually stick a ham on either end of my gun and bench press it naked in my window for 10 minutes before I turn in.

Vehicles
      2013 Nissin/Frigidare
      09-04-2012 06:27 PM #1635
      This is great Let's keep this going!

Every once in a while, I'll see a moving figure in the corner of my eye. Ive had a few strange encounters of the surreal kind..... Nothing blood curdling, but reminders that humans do come in other forms,...

Vehicles
      B5 2.8Q, Buell XB9S
      09-04-2012 09:05 PM #1636
      My grandmother died in May. We were VERY close. She raised me, and told everyone, I was her favorite grandchild.

I keep a picture of her next to my TV in the living room. I live alone, and no one else has a key. The other day while emptying my pockets two pennies fell out of my jeans and I said "Remember grandma, tails is bad luck. Pick a penny up, and then all day you'll have good luck." as I looked at her picture. I left to do errands and when I came back, the two pennies were both heads up.

Last week, she came to me in a dream and told me she was glad I was doing well, and I was a good grandson for taking care of grandpa. I woke up crying, and relieved.
      Tucker Max of the Gays and Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Slutty Gay Whoring and Muppet Sex of the People's Independent Republik of Offtopikstan
      RIP Cosmic TDI
      Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKids View Post
      Dann is More sassy than any man with facial hair should be. It's entertaining.

Vehicles
      91' Jetta 8v's of fury, 91' Triple black Cabriolet
      09-08-2012 04:15 AM #1637
      Somebody just led me to this thread and I wish I hadn't started reading it by myself in the dark before bed!
      http://pnwfahren.com/
      My car http://forums.pnwfahren.com/showthre...ver-MKII-Jetta
      Quote Originally Posted by J.Knipl View Post
      In Africa a boy kills a lion to prove he is a man. All we have is the heater core replacement. Once you've done it you have crossed over.

Vehicles
      emkayyy vee two point oh tee (daily) 1973 Superbeetle (toy)
      09-08-2012 11:14 AM #1638
      This happened to my mom back in the late 70's/early 80's when my mom was in highschool. Her and her friends used to explore abandoned farmhouses in their area because there was a plethora of them and there just wasnt much to do in their area. Well one day they were exploring this one 1800's farmhouse that had been abandoned for some time. They went upstairs to check things out and when they came back downstairs there was a wet, bare child sized human footprint in the middle of the floor

I have others, will post later...upstate ny is a creepy place sometimes

29. 09-12-2012 06:52 PM #1639
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      Quote, originally posted by VikingVR6GTI »
      Not really car-related, but anyway.....

A very good friend of mine killed himself on September 26, 1989 at 1:14am. For the next 9 years in a row on September 26, 1989, I would wake up at exactly 1:14 am just like someone had hit me upside the head. Well, on the 10th anniversary of his death, I decided I had had enough of this and decided I would stay up until 1:14 if it killed me. I drank a bunch of coffee and had my stereo up loud and even took a nap earlier in the day so I wouldn't be too tired. Well, you guessed it, I fell asleep anyway. This time though, I had a dream about him. In the dream, he walked up to me and said "Hey man, long time no see!" and I said "yeah, exactly 10 years to this day." And then BAM! I woke up and it was 1:14am. I sat there just freaking out thinking why can't I just get over this?! And finally fell asleep about 2 hours later (damn coffee and nap ) When I fell back asleep, I had the same dream, same stuff said to each other and everything, but this time he said "Damn has it really been 10 years?" And I said "Yeah, for sure, it's been 10 years since you died" He said "Well, thanks for remembering me for that long. I guess I'm done f**king with you now." and he laughed and walked away fading into black as he walked away. I haven't woken up on September 26 at 1:14 am since that night.

I still have a hard time sleeping on that date though. I always wonder if he's gonna come back again. RIP Wade. please

i like this one and i will tell you why. im going to probably open up a whole new can of worms in this thread, but here goes. ive been reading up onout of body experiences lately, and from what ive gathered, these people that achieve these out of body experience say that there are different planes that we exist on. when you are awake, you are on the physical plane, and when you are dreaming you are on what we call the astral plane. the only thing about being on the astral plane is that most people while dreaming do not know that they are there. in other words, they cannot control anything. in order to be able to control your astral self you need to be disconnected from the body. there are many ways of acxhieving this, and some are naturally more able than others. but its said that with practice it becomes more and more easy to do. now on the stral plane you can do whatever you want. think of a place and go there. anything. and the main reason i brought this up is that you can see your dead relatives if they are still hanging around. some people have said that in the astral they have had different people ask them if they had bodies. obviously wondering whether or not they were still alive in the physical world. im only touching a little bit on the subject, but its really a very interesting topic. ive tried some of the techniques a few times, and you probly think im nuts, but im really just a normal guy. bored alot, but normal. and ive tried a few times but to no avail, howevwer i did experience some of the signs of beginning to leave the body. i duno if its in my head but whatever. the key is to have your mind awake, and your body still asleep. and i could go on and on, but im not going to. its really very involved and i urge you if your bored one night, to look it up and read about it. it will make you think.

Lucid Dreams.. Amazing. Drink a lot of OJ before going to be and it helps keep your brain awake and body asleep. Gives you a better control of your dreams

Vehicles
      2013 Chevy Cruze
      10-03-2012 11:32 AM #1640
      Quote Originally Posted by .:Chr!sVR6 View Post
      This happened to my mom back in the late 70's/early 80's when my mom was in highschool. Her and her friends used to explore abandoned farmhouses in their area because there was a plethora of them and there just wasnt much to do in their area. Well one day they were exploring this one 1800's farmhouse that had been abandoned for some time. They went upstairs to check things out and when they came back downstairs there was a wet, bare child sized human footprint in the middle of the floor

I have others, will post later...upstate ny is a creepy place sometimes
      Bumping this for October!

Where in Upstate, NY? I'm originally from those parts.

31. 10-03-2012 01:25 PM #1641
      Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyD View Post
      It's the haunted couch!!!
      Sent from Commodore 64

Vehicles
      01 VR6 (RIP), 04 DBP .:R
      10-03-2012 02:02 PM #1642
      I have a lot that aren't car related so i'll post those another time but here is my one that is car related.

I just went on leave from the military and decided to drive home instead of taking a plane. I had to drive from charleston south carolina to san bernardino california. Well I wanted to get home asap so I drove for as long as possible. I was in texas that night driving on a very deserted stretch of highway. I would see a car maybe every 30 minutes. I was pretty tired and contemplating staying in a room for the night but I was in the middle of nowhere. Nothing was around and I had my car on cruise control at 90mph. I'm watching the road when all the sudden I notice lights in my rearview mirror. I look up and there is an old semi about 2 feet from my rear bumper at 90mph. So I full throttle it and start pulling away. As i watching it fade away in my rearview mirror I see it swerve a little bit then the light disappear. After that I didnt stop anywhere the entire drive. Made it home in under 40 hours

33. 10-03-2012 02:12 PM #1643
      Quote Originally Posted by SGelshawno View Post
      I have a lot that aren't car related so i'll post those another time but here is my one that is car related.

I just went on leave from the military and decided to drive home instead of taking a plane. I had to drive from charleston south carolina to san bernardino california. Well I wanted to get home asap so I drove for as long as possible. I was in texas that night driving on a very deserted stretch of highway. I would see a car maybe every 30 minutes. I was pretty tired and contemplating staying in a room for the night but I was in the middle of nowhere. Nothing was around and I had my car on cruise control at 90mph. I'm watching the road when all the sudden I notice lights in my rearview mirror. I look up and there is an old semi about 2 feet from my rear bumper at 90mph. So I full throttle it and start pulling away. As i watching it fade away in my rearview mirror I see it swerve a little bit then the light disappear. After that I didnt stop anywhere the entire drive. Made it home in under 40 hours
      plane would have been 6 hours.
      Sent from Commodore 64

Vehicles
      01 VR6 (RIP), 04 DBP .:R
      10-04-2012 09:08 PM #1644
      Yea but I wouldn't of had my car with me and the military paid me over 1000 dollars for driving.

So I'm pretty convinced my family was haunted by poltergeist for the better part of my childhood. I was also Plagued with nightmare for most of my childhood. They were always the same situation but different occurances. I would dream that I was getting up in the middle of the night to pee and when I got in the restroom the door would slam shut, lights shut off and something would take control of me. I couldn't move or speak and right as it was about to get me I would wake up. This happened like every other night and I never shut the bathroom door as a child.

I'll start with one of my earliest memories of something bad. When i was 3 or 4 my parent bought me and my brother a bunk bed. But he was to little to sleep in it yet so he slept in a crib beside the bed. It was the middle of the day and my parents were making us take a nap. So I just laid on the top bunk while my brother slept in his crib. I heard him start to cry so I decided to look at what was going on. I look down and his crib was hovering about 2 feet off the ground and shaking. I yelled for my mom and the crib dropped to the ground. I remember I tried to see what was under the crib and it was pitch black. Like a really dark shadow but there was a lot of light in the room so that shouldn't have been possible.

Here's the one the the scariest things that ever happened to me. Since I had alot of bad dreams I would normally get up at night and just go sleep in my parents bed without waking them up. I would wake up from bad dreams and I had the night light that hung from the ceiling and it would always be moving when I woke up. I learned to ignore that.. But this time I went to my parents bed and got inbetween them. My arm was hanging off the bed when all the sudden some grabbed it and tried to pull me under the bed. I pulled back as hard as I could and it finally let go. I woke up my parents in the process but they didn't believe me.

I would see alot of things that scared me at night. Like shadows walking around and sounds of things moving. It got to the point where i didn't sleep on my mattress I actually slept between the mattress and the wall so it looked like nothing was on my bed. One time I was looking at the ceiling and the light from a flashlight appeared on the ceiling. It moved around a little and then another one appeared. There was no flashlights in the room though so I hid under my covers. This is all in the same house. One night me and my brother had a friend over and we thought it would be fun to set up a tent in our room and pretend like we were camping. In our room was a hallway that led to a bathroom. We had this hallway light on and my mom was in the restroom taking a shower. We decided to tell scary stories and as kids in our time period we were scared of freddy kruger and jason from friday the 13th. So as I'm making up some story about these two we hear the door open to our room and I sh!t you not The shadow of freddy and jason walked past our tent and into the restroom where my mom was. Freddy even scratched his claws on the tent as he walked by. We started screaming and freaking out so my mom came out of the restroom and asked us what happened and all we could say was is there someone is the restroom with you. But no one was there.

Eventually we moved to another house and this house was just as bad. I would hear alot of stuff at night. One time I woke up to this evil laughter and I get the courage to peek my head up from inbetween the mattress and wall and staring at me from my closet are these big glowing red eyes. Another time I was playing with my army men and I swear to god one of them actually shot me. I got creepy feelings everywhere in that house. Something was always in the shadows or walking around at night. My grandmother who was a very religious lady came over once and as soon as she walked in the house she walked right out and said there's something evil in this house. She never came back. One night there was a bight thunder storm with lots of lightening. I woke up from a bad dream and went to tell it to my parents. There were already up and seemed startled but I told my mom my dream and she kinda freaked out because it was the exact dream she just had. Then about ten minutes later my brother comes in with a bad dream and describes the same dream also. The only one who didnt come was my sister. I asked here if she was up last night and she told me there was an evil woman in her room and she described this woman. It was the woman in all three of our dreams.

I have more stories but ill save those for later.

Vehicles
      2014 FG4
      10-04-2012 09:38 PM #1645
      Quote Originally Posted by SGelshawno View Post

I lol'ed
      Quote Originally Posted by White Jetta View Post
      The only good thing about black Friday is getting to rub your junk up against dozens of fine asses in line, and then just leaving when the store opens.

Got a new very thin pair of pants for this year!

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast