VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast
    Results 1,646 to 1,680 of 1746

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

Vehicles
      '96 Miata
      10-04-2012 08:56 PM #1646
      40 hours... That's crazy. I made that same drive in 60 hours (Norfolk VA to San Diego CA)

I was towing a trailer and pretty much did the speed limit and the only time I slept was a couple of hours a night in truck stops and on side roads in Texas (sketchy as hell).

Same deal for me, military and I wanted to save money on hotels.

2. 10-05-2012 12:02 PM #1647
      Seems like you guys are really trying to milk those PCS travel days. Can't blame you, my only regret is not taking even more time to drive across the country the two times a transfer gave me the opportunity, but it's hard to pass up having a couple days off on either end of your trip to relax.

Anyway, sticking with the military theme: Standing watch as an E-3 on an old ship put me in some pretty lonesome and creepy places. Sailors really are a superstitious bunch, and it didn't help that this ship was so old that it had done a deployment to Vietnam. When you're 'the new guy' on a ship, it's hard to decipher if what people tell you is sort of a hazing joke or if they're genuine, until you pull your weight a little and people begin to be 'straight-up' with you. Standing lookout on a nice day was enjoyable, however I stood most of it in the ever-longer nights of an Alaskan fall. Even if the boat wasn't haunted, this was still creepy. You're at the very top of the ship, standing alone on top of the bridge, completely dark except for navigational lights, always seemed to be low visibility, the wind making all sorts of weird noises whipping through the antennae and railings, and the constant pitching and rolling leading to a state of constant fatigue, all of which really made my mind run wild. Night seemed to last from 4pm to 10am, so most of our observations were done through night vision goggles (NVG's), which certainly helped, but cast everything in an eerie green haze, especially the clouds and fog. People claimed that on some nights, through the NVG's, you could see a young girl standing on the bow of the ship on some bits, just looking back at you. No one knew what she could possibly be from, maybe a girl who had been a refugee or a human trafficking victim, but that's as deep as the story goes.
      Another story goes that a guy on lookout, once again on watch at night, saw a figure walk forward toward the bow of the ship and simply jump overboard. He promptly sounded the man overboard alarm, but when accountability was done, everyone was confirmed onboard.
      The watch we stood in port involved making rounds of the ship at all hours, checking various spaces for fire, flooding, machinery malfunctions, etc. At night, the interior of the ship was lit only by red lights, so that should you need to step outside or stand watch on the bridge, your eyes could adjust to the dark more quickly. You were also only one of two people awake at night, the other standing watch outside. For some reason, everyone would get creeped out from the same portion of the round, way up forward, far away from crew berthing, where it was primarily storage space, as well as below the main deck, so there were no windows of any sort. Part of the round was to open up a hatch in the deck and check a storage space. A friend of mine once did this and heard screaming as soon as he opened the hatch. He turns the light on, and it stops instantly. He puts his head down inside the hatch and sees that there is no one down there, promptly closes and secures the hatch and got the hell out of there.

Not particularly scary, I know, and I never saw or heard anything personally, but the sense of claustrophobia, even when you're outside, knowing that if you see anything weird you have no place to go, and no alternative but to do as you're told, sure makes you hope you don't see anything.

Ultimately, when you're out to sea, sh*t just seems to get haunted. Hope this was better than just a plain old 'bump'.

Vehicles
      emkayyy vee two point oh tee (daily) 1973 Superbeetle (toy)
      10-08-2012 11:43 PM #1648
      Quote Originally Posted by strskatr05 View Post
      Bumping this for October!

Where in Upstate, NY? I'm originally from those parts.

They were out in the countryside between Sidney and Walton.

I have another one...My mother was very close with my great grandmother, who loved spending time at her daughter's (my grandparents) house. Well my great grandmother lived to the age of 89 and passed away of old age. This devastated the family, as she was a great person. My mom took it especially hard, being an emotional person and as close as she was to nana. Shortly after her death, my mom was awoken by someone sitting down at the end of her bed...It was nana, and just as quick as she appeared she was gone...my mom still swears 20 years later that it was nana. Fast forward a couple weeks to Thanksgiving. My aunt and uncle are visiting from Tennessee. Everyone was still sad about her passing so it wasnt the happiest of occasions. My uncle, (very smart man, designs wind tunnels for Jacobs Engineering) was pretty close with nana as well. Anyway, he was in the dining room where there is a large mirror that faces a long hallway...in the reflection, he saw nana...standing there smiling. He also swears by what he saw and is a very rational, level-headed man. I also think I saw her sitting in one of the guest rooms when i was 10, but you know how children's imagnations can be

Keep 'em coming!!!! I love this thread!

Vehicles
      2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      10-09-2012 01:36 AM #1649
      I was reading this thread and I looked over at the TV. My wife is watching Ghost Whisperer.
      Do not be persecuted by the pompous fedora, balanced by the equilibrium, fortified by the
      government's inability to eradicate, or foreshadow—taken from the Hebrew word: foreskin

5. 10-15-2012 11:10 AM #1650
      This thread needs to be way more active considering how close to Halloween it is.

Vehicles
      1996 Saab 9000 CSE
      10-27-2012 04:25 PM #1651
      Bump!

Vehicles
      1987 GLI *sold* 97 gti vr6
      12-03-2012 02:04 AM #1652
      Bumppp

Vehicles
      2010 VW GTi, 91 GTi Vr6
      12-04-2012 02:26 AM #1653
      After reading the first few pages last night i ended up sleeping on the couch in the basement(bedroom is on the top floor)with all the lights on. I felt like a kid again lol. Some creepy stories on here. I'll post up my stories tomorrow!

Rob

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta GLI, 1992 Jetta GL
      12-04-2012 05:13 AM #1654
      This is mainly about my house that I currently live in, granted I have a slight fear of the dark so it may make these experiences worse.

A little background on my house, it is 100 years old (this year!) and was owned by the same family of doctors until my dad and step mom bought it. Way back in the 1900s it used to be an infirmary, then doctor's office, then just a plain house.

When looking at the house my step-mom described the feeling that she had felt walking into the palce. She said (after visiting another place where she felt very creeped out) that this house was very inviting, like it was meant for her to buy it. She wasn't in the house for five minutes hadnt even looked around when she told the realtor she would buy it. To this day she says that she can feel a warm presence.

Before we moved in the electricity worked perfectly in every room, the night we started to move in the lights only worked on the newer portion of the house (where it had been renovated), then nothing worked. My Dad then left to go get fuses for the fuse box thinking they may have blown (house was a short sale sold as-is). On the way back home we see the house and notice that every single light in the house was on!.

Another day my dad was installing the washing machine, went into the basement and could not find the hook up for the drain line. He searched for an hour, my step-mom and I both looked. He decided just to wait and went back up for lunch. After lunch he felt that he could find it again and went downstairs. We were in the kitchen and the steps are right next to it and we heard him get to the bottom of the stairs then we hear my dad call us, when we reach the steps we see him standing there with a smile. He asked if we see anything, after saying no he point directly above him, and on a brand new looking tag is writing that says dishwashing drain. We had looked around that basement forever and have not once seen this tag, even looked in that spot, and the funny thing was the tag was BRAND NEW no dust at all on it. We decided to get out of the basemtn for a little bit.

I live in the third floor, which is an old attic and servant quaters, my daughter talks to people while she is playing, and says things that I know she wouldnt normally hear around us or school. My girlfriend cannot stand being there by herself, she get svery creeped out. I work nights as well and when i get home to my daughter I'm always very tired but I try to stay up and on the days where I am exhausted I always have this strange calming feeling, i either get the sudden urge to just take my daughter somewhere and once I leave I have no idea where I was actually going, other times its like a whisper that says sleep, she'll be fine. And I'll nod off for an hour and feel perfectly rested, to find my daughter sitting in the recliner watching her movie that was on when before i fell asleep. She is perfectly fine, saying she played with her friends.

I had gotten her a bear and she never really started to take note of it until I had actually started working night shifts again, she always wants to sleep with it, when before she couldnt have cared where it was, in fact i had taken it and put it with other for a month, she never once asked for it. But now when I get that whisper that says shell be fine, and she'll say olivia (her bear) stayed with her and talked with her, and played. I don't know if it is her, or something about the house, she had chosen the name for the bear one day a while back out of no where, telling me that was the name of the bear. Like i said, not sure if it is her imagination or its something about the house. but she only ever wants that bear when she is at my house or when she is getting babysat and i am not there. She doesn't live with me either, only on the weekends.

EDIT:
      I have some more now that i think about it.

I own my Nanny's (my moms grandmother) rocking chair, have ever since she passed, it isn't with me now, but when it was I could swear I'd see her out of the corner of my eye watching me, or watching my daughter play. On rare occasions I see her and my uncle ( they died exactly 4 months apart to the day, both alone) I have a strange fear of dying alone now because of that.
      Last edited by DelawareDub; 12-04-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Vehicles
      emkayyy vee two point oh tee (daily) 1973 Superbeetle (toy)
      01-16-2013 07:25 PM #1655
      I have another. I grew up with this kid whose grandparents lived across the street from me and when his grandmother passed away his grandpa found a new lady rather quick and moved away to deleware. A local slumlord bought the house and started renting it out. Well, my friend whose grandparents used to own the place ended up renting the same house when I was about 12 (which was awesome...many fun memories.) Anyway one night his mom told us that her grandmother (my friends great grandmother) had passed away in his brother's room. Needless to say we were really creeped out. Anyway one day, it was just me and my friend at the house and we were blasting music and just hanging out in the living room. All of a sudden we hear this huge crash upstairs. It was VERY loud, loud enough to be heard over the loud music. Thinking the cat had knocked something over we went upstairs to investigate. Nothing was out of place, and we later realized the cat was outside the whole time. We never figured out what the noise was but we were pretty freaked out to say the least.
      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post
      This is why Gen Y is really unhappy. Late 90s/Early 2000s small turbo motors. They're like crack and slightly more expensive.

instagram: driver_found_

Vehicles
      C5 A6 S-Line and 99 Civic Hatchback
      01-17-2013 01:00 PM #1656
      Excellent contribution to the thread.
      "Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep?
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

12. Banned
      01-17-2013 02:13 PM #1657
      You may have to do some reading but these are as entertaining as they get.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=967566
      http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1124328

Vehicles
      01-18-2013 12:35 PM #1658
      I totally remember those threads.
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      02-17-2013 01:34 AM #1659
      Bump,

Vehicles
      It's 6 cylinder, RWD, and purple.
      02-17-2013 01:36 AM #1660
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk2GLi420 View Post
      Bump,
      Its 1:40 AM, im alone with no music or TV or anything...

SHould i read through this thread?
      www.RacerTV.org
      Quote Originally Posted by MCTB View Post
      I think that it is raw enough that at 50% of potential, it would be terrifying enough to be fun. One of those 'you never see the tree that is going to kill you because you are sliding into it backwards' kind of cars.

02-17-2013 04:16 AM #1661
      Quote Originally Posted by TransconIII View Post
      Seems like you guys are really trying to milk those PCS travel days. Can't blame you, my only regret is not taking even more time to drive across the country the two times a transfer gave me the opportunity, but it's hard to pass up having a couple days off on either end of your trip to relax.

Anyway, sticking with the military theme: Standing watch as an E-3 on an old ship put me in some pretty lonesome and creepy places. Sailors really are a superstitious bunch, and it didn't help that this ship was so old that it had done a deployment to Vietnam. When you're 'the new guy' on a ship, it's hard to decipher if what people tell you is sort of a hazing joke or if they're genuine, until you pull your weight a little and people begin to be 'straight-up' with you. Standing lookout on a nice day was enjoyable, however I stood most of it in the ever-longer nights of an Alaskan fall. Even if the boat wasn't haunted, this was still creepy. You're at the very top of the ship, standing alone on top of the bridge, completely dark except for navigational lights, always seemed to be low visibility, the wind making all sorts of weird noises whipping through the antennae and railings, and the constant pitching and rolling leading to a state of constant fatigue, all of which really made my mind run wild. Night seemed to last from 4pm to 10am, so most of our observations were done through night vision goggles (NVG's), which certainly helped, but cast everything in an eerie green haze, especially the clouds and fog. People claimed that on some nights, through the NVG's, you could see a young girl standing on the bow of the ship on some bits, just looking back at you. No one knew what she could possibly be from, maybe a girl who had been a refugee or a human trafficking victim, but that's as deep as the story goes.
      Another story goes that a guy on lookout, once again on watch at night, saw a figure walk forward toward the bow of the ship and simply jump overboard. He promptly sounded the man overboard alarm, but when accountability was done, everyone was confirmed onboard.
      The watch we stood in port involved making rounds of the ship at all hours, checking various spaces for fire, flooding, machinery malfunctions, etc. At night, the interior of the ship was lit only by red lights, so that should you need to step outside or stand watch on the bridge, your eyes could adjust to the dark more quickly. You were also only one of two people awake at night, the other standing watch outside. For some reason, everyone would get creeped out from the same portion of the round, way up forward, far away from crew berthing, where it was primarily storage space, as well as below the main deck, so there were no windows of any sort. Part of the round was to open up a hatch in the deck and check a storage space. A friend of mine once did this and heard screaming as soon as he opened the hatch. He turns the light on, and it stops instantly. He puts his head down inside the hatch and sees that there is no one down there, promptly closes and secures the hatch and got the hell out of there.

Not particularly scary, I know, and I never saw or heard anything personally, but the sense of claustrophobia, even when you're outside, knowing that if you see anything weird you have no place to go, and no alternative but to do as you're told, sure makes you hope you don't see anything.

Ultimately, when you're out to sea, sh*t just seems to get haunted. Hope this was better than just a plain old 'bump'.
      i would piss my pants man, if i heard that screaming when opening the hatch!

Vehicles
      02-17-2013 12:15 PM #1662
      Quote Originally Posted by RacerrRex View Post
      Its 1:40 AM, im alone with no music or TV or anything...

SHould i read through this thread?
      Totally. My first time through this thread was in the middle of the night.
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      03-14-2013 03:22 AM #1663
      Guess ghosts don't exist anymore

19. 03-14-2013 11:57 AM #1664
      Been a member here for a while but dont really browse the site much...Found this thread through a web search for "would you buy a car that somebody died in"

My motive for that search was finding this on craigslist...should I buy it? Looks mint, RWD, pretty unique, only $600...but creepy! Its in the same town that I work in so I think I'm gonna have a look. Wish me luck...

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/3680490968.html

20. 04-09-2013 01:45 PM #1665
      I miss this thread!

When I lived with my parents there had been at least two times when I was watching TV in my room in the middle of the day and I felt the whole house shake. It felt like a massive earthquake (I've experienced many earthquakes in CA and WA) where things on my dresser and TV stand where shaken and moved about. It felt pretty violent and they were very brief. When it would happen I'd run out to the living room where the rest of the family was and say, did you guys feel that earthquake? They'd say they didn't feel anything which I felt there was no way that can happen in small house. I brushed it off the first time but when it happened again my dad would poked fun and said it was the ghost messing with me. Around this time I'd feel as if something was grabbing my feet and legs in my room when I'd sleep at night. The bed also felt like it would shake. My parents knew about this which is why my father made the ghost remark.

There would be a few times when I would be home alone and the TV turned on or off on its own. I just brushed it off as nothing because maybe the old TV was going on the fritz. One night I really couldn't sleep because I felt like something was in the room with me. I called my mom and she lay in bed with me. At one point in the night my mother got up to go to the bathroom and I heard someone call out my name. I called out to my mom thinking it was her. When she came back in she said she didn't say or hear anything and told me I needed to relax and go to sleep. A couple of years later when things calmed down I asked my mother about that night. She said she remembered and she did hear someone call out my name! She didn’t want to scare me anymore than I was so she said she didn’t hear anything.

It’s good to note that when we first moved in we found under the house a bunch of little boxes that had library index cards that only referenced Devil and bad crap like that. I’m not sure if there were books too but that would have creep me out and I’m sure if there was books my mother would not let me know about them. I haven’t asked either.

I have two nieces that live in that house now and I’ve been told they also have seen or heard strange things in there. When one of them tries to start telling me something in that regard, I tell them to shut up!
      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post
      Time to give up and buy a horse.

21. n00b
      Vehicles
      '96 Peugeot 306 (for now)
      04-16-2013 05:38 PM #1666
      Ok, thought I'd come back with a couple of new weird experiences. I originally joined this forum a few years ago because I was googling ghost stories and found this thread, and after reading around around the forum I signed up anyway because I had an Audi at the time anyway. I'm actually just sorting out a deal to swap my Peugeot 306 for an '88 Scirocco so I'll probably be back on here with that anyway but I was thinking about a couple of weird experiences I've had since posting here a few years back...

1. I live in the north of England but I'm from an Irish family (hence the name Liam) who moved here from co. mayo in the west of Ireland after the war, and I've still got a lot of family back there who I visit every couple of years. I usually fly but in September I decided to drive, and it's a pretty epic drive by UK standards. About 9 hours driving from Leeds to Castlebar with a ferry crossing from Holyhead in Wales to Dun Laoghaire near Dublin. I set off around 3 in the afternoon so I could get an off-peak ferry which is about half the price of the midday ones, so by around 11pm that night I was somewhere in county roscommon trying to find my way with Ireland's crappy excuse for road signs when I decided to pull over for a smoke, a piss in the bushes and to inspect the map. So, I pulled into the gateway to a farmers field and got out of the car, leaving the engine running and the high beams on pointing into the field, and what I saw was fairly confusing at first. About 15-20 men, about 50 foot away in the field digging a trench in the moonlight, all in a line. I stopped and watched them for about 5 minutes while I had a smoke, all the while trying to figure out what they were doing, and feeling really uneasy about what I was seeing. Anyway, I figured out where I was going, got back in the car and headed on. About 15 miles down the road I found a petrol station and pulled in for a coffee while I had the chance, because in Ireland once you're out of Dublin 24 hour garages are rare, and I got talking to the guy at the counter. I told him what I saw, and he explained it to me. For those that don't know, the IRA (Irish Republican Army) fought a war against Great Britain from 1918-1921, then a civil war from 1921-1922 against pro-British loyalists, and these were the start of the process of Ireland becoming the Republic of Ireland. It turns out, that area was the scene of a battle between a flying column of the IRA and a platoon from the Duke of Lancaster's British Army regiment. The IRA ambushed the British but they counter-attacked, and over 40 Irishmen were killed. They dug a trench and buried their dead in a line facing the west coast, deliberatley positioning the corpses with their backs turned to England... Apparently it's not uncommon to see them on a clear night burying their brothers in arms...

2. About a mile from my house there's an 11th century ruined abbey(google kirkstall abbey), in a park by the river. I often walk my dog there, and one of my local pubs is just over the road from it. It's a really nice place to relax on a summer evening. Anyway, last summer I had a few beers in the pub and then me and a few of the locals went to the nearest shop, bought a few cans and a disposable BBQ and walked down to the river by the abbey. We all had a few cans and a few burnt sausages, and people drifted away one by one until it was just me sat finishing the beer. I checked my phone and it was about 10pm so I thought I better walk home before my gf started worrying. I was walking across the field past the abbey when I saw something moving in the ruins. I stopped dead and just watched for a while, all the time feeling like I was being watched. I was just about to walk on and forget it when I saw someone standing in a ruined archway looking at me, who looked like a monk... I shat bricks and ran to the pub

Edit: post 1666 whoaa...
      Last edited by THE_Liam; 04-16-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Vehicles
      04-17-2013 10:50 AM #1667
      Awesome stories!
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

23. 05-02-2013 11:56 PM #1668
      My story is long, but worth it.

I have an old friend, Joe, who I've known since grade school. I'm in my late twenties - so is he - and he's been my friend for at least half of that time. I'd say that we knew each other pretty well after all of that time. This may seem irrelevant and uninteresting, but I have to stress this; I know him, and I know him well. What he did was... it was nothing he ever could have done without some outside influence.

On the night of Friday, February 22, I was driving to his apartment to pick him and his roommate up; we made plans to go out, hit a couple of bars, and generally have a good start to the weekend. When I arrived, there were a number of police cars and ambulances outside the complex. I was, of course, curious, as I, like many people, rarely see such sights. As I got closer, I noticed a body covered in a bag in the street, surrounded by glass and no more than a few feet from a badly dented car.

I'm rather horrified, coming to the conclusion that someone was hit by a car and killed right outside the complex. As I finished gawking, I made my way inside and up the stairs to the third floor. That's where my friend's apartment is, and that's where I found it wasn't a simple accident.

The police were upstairs as well, talking to residents and taping off one of the apartments. My friend's apartment. Panicked, I asked one of the officers what happened, why my friend's apartment was taped off. I told him I was supposed to be meeting them for drinks, and asked if they were okay. The officer told me that it appeared that Joe had butchered his roommate with a kitchen knife and thrown himself through the plate glass sliding door into the street below.

I was a ghost, shaken so badly I could barely answer the simple questions the officer asked me upon finding that I knew the victims. My mind couldn't process it. I knew him. He'd never do such an atrocity. It didn't make sense.

I made my way back to my car in silence and drove home as though on autopilot. I couldn't get the shock of it all out of my head. My wife asked me what happened and I explained it to her. She was shocked, as well, but... she didn't know him like I did. I told her I needed a bit of time and went to my room. She let me be. Lost, I found myself at my computer. I'm not really sure why I did it, but I found myself checking his email.

I know the passwords he commonly used, so it was hardly an issue to find the right one. I thought perhaps he had friends online who I needed to tell, or maybe I thought I'd find a window into what caused this. I really don't know. If I knew then what I know now; I would've never done what I did.

I scrolled through his inbox, looking for familiar names. Joe, I, and several friends kept in touch online, and I instantly recognized several of those names in the last few days. The most recent opened email was what looked like a spam email with an attachment and no other information. Curiosity got the better of me and I opened it. The file itself was a picture, named nothing but a seemingly random string of numbers. It was simply a man, seemingly normal at a glance, but the longer I stared at it, the more disturbed I became.

He stood, staring, with a grin, sinister and unsettling, with eyes that were both vacant and focused at the same time. That terrible grin seemed to widen the longer I stared, and for minutes I was fixated at that horrible face, eyes burning as they stared back at me with equal intensity. Finally, I tore my gaze away to find the only other thing in the email: a single word. A word I can't repeat. Not yet. I need to tell my story.

I couldn't take the sight of it anymore. I had to close it. The face was still looking at me; I swear I could still feel his grinning stare. As I went to log out of his email and put that horrid thing out of my mind, I noticed the time it arrived: January 23, 5:35pm. We were supposed to meet at six. He likely saw this less than a half hour before he died.

For the next several days, I tried to get it out of my mind. I attended my friend's funeral. I tried to go on with my life, but I kept feeling uneasy. Every time I closed my eyes, I felt like someone was watching me. At night, I started to have unsettling nightmares. I couldn't remember much of them when I awoke, but they all had the same elements: that horrible grinning man, blood, violence, and death. I couldn't get a good night's sleep. I was struggling at work. I kept feeling tense and on edge. I needed to know what was going on.
      It was hard to really know what to look for at first; all I had to go on was that image and the single word that accompanied it. "Grinning man" is hardly a descriptive search and "haunted grinning man" or "cursed grinning man" wasn't really any better. Still, I did what I could with my limited resources.

I actually found a reference to it, or what I thought was it, on a website dedicated to conspiracies and paranormal things and other things I'd normally dismiss as utter bull****. Still, this wasn't natural, and I was willing to try to open my mind to any explanation, since this seemed to defy anything conventional.

What I uncovered about this "grinning man" was that it was an image that seemed to circulate among image boards and forums a few years back. The article said the picture was harmless, if not a bit creepy (though I strongly disagree on the term "a bit"), but it seemed that something about it, when coupled with a key word that was unknown, could trigger extreme psychotic bouts, irritability, nightmares, and hallucinations.

It seemed so utterly stupid - simple text and pixels causing such harm - and yet I was sitting there, realizing that I was experiencing those same nightmares, irritability, and hallucinations. Joe obviously experienced the psychosis, evidenced by his sudden murder-suicide.

I was stunned; I thought it had to be a joke, some kind of bizarre hoax, but I knew there was more to it than that. I knew what I was feeling and I knew my friend. That picture and that word... it had to be the keyword. What triggers everything? Oh, God, was this going to happen to me, too? Was I going to kill my wife and then myself?

I started to panic, but my rational mind won over. If it was just paranoia and hallucinations... those couldn't hurt me, right? They only had power if I gave them power. I decided that I would end this, put it out of my mind, rationalize it away each time I felt it. That would be the end of it all.

As much as my rational brain helped me through the day, it couldn't protect me at night. My dreams continued to degrade, ending in me waking in the middle of the night, cold sweats and heart pointing. I started taking sleeping pills, though I refused to tell my wife - I didn't want her to worry, after all, though I knew she could tell something was wrong with me. The pills did nothing, though; in fact, they seemed to make my dreams more vivid. I could remember everything when I awoke; every horrible, bloody detail, that grinning, inhuman face. I found I started sleepwalking. The first night I woke curled in the bathtub; then in the kitchen. Three days later, with a knife in my hand and the bloodied remains of our black Lab at my feet.

I can't even remember the next things that happened after that. I know I cleaned up our dog, hid him in a trash bag, and said he ran off in the night and got lost. I was terrified. I had no idea what to do. I tried to medicate myself heavily. I locked up all the knives in the house. My wife knew there was something terribly wrong, but I refused to say anything.

I don't even know if I could at the time. The only thing I can still remember clearly was the dreams. I was irate and easily spooked at the littlest of things. I thought it had to just be my nerves from all of this and lack of sleep, but... I remembered my friend, the website. I knew I was getting worse.

The thing I remember most about the dreams, aside from that horrible grinning man, is the emotions. I felt each death that was inflicted in the dream like it was real. Like it was my own hand disemboweling my friends, my family, and random strangers against my own will.

Like each death, each vision of terror he showed me, was not just a vision but my own work. Each horrible death in the dream made him grin a little wider. He wanted me to snap. He wanted me to become exactly what he was showing me. He wanted me to become him.

So, I come here to tell you this because I'm desperate. I need help. You see...I can't bear the thought of harming my wife, the woman I love most in this world. Yet, I know it's inevitable. He's always there, watching and grinning, knowing I'm close to breaking, and nudging me ever closer to the edge. I know what he wants. I can't let him have that. I don't know any other way out.
      I'm reaching out to you in hopes that he'll leave me alone. Maybe if you, the careless reader who I warned away, will give him what he wants, he'll let me be. I have to try. I don't know what else to do. I'm so sorry. I hope you can forgive a man for acting in desperation.

Here is the godforsaken image that killed my friend, and I fear, will kill me too.

http://imgur.com/DQ901

Vehicles
      B5.5
      05-07-2013 06:25 PM #1669
      Bump. Anyone actually click that? ^

Sent From A High School Classroom

25. 05-07-2013 09:44 PM #1670
      Quote Originally Posted by nadagti View Post
      bump. Anyone actually click that? ^

sent from a high school classroom
      hell no!

26. Member
      Vehicles
      1996 BMW 328i
      05-07-2013 10:49 PM #1671
      Quote Originally Posted by NadaGTI View Post

I clicked it, but only after I realized what it is. Scary stuff.

27. 05-07-2013 10:50 PM #1672
      Quote Originally Posted by NadaGTI View Post

I clicked on it. This happened shortly thereafter:

05-07-2013 10:54 PM #1673
      What the ****!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Nah, understeering into a tree in a Honda like a teenage girl ruins your street cred. I'd leave the door to show how hard you are.

05-07-2013 10:56 PM #1674
      like i know thats a total hoax and probably something thats shared all around the internet but i cant bring myself to click the link.
      Nah, understeering into a tree in a Honda like a teenage girl ruins your street cred. I'd leave the door to show how hard you are.

30. 05-07-2013 11:02 PM #1675
      I know I'm ruining the surprise but c'mon guys, reading that story didn't you surmise it was a joke? Halfway through I realized it was so over the top it had to be fake. Just click on the picture.

05-07-2013 11:11 PM #1676
      Quote Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
      I know I'm ruining the surprise but c'mon guys, reading that story didn't you surmise it was a joke? Halfway through I realized it was so over the top it had to be fake. Just click on the picture.
      no

Vehicles
      93 SLC Corrado, 81 Rabbit Truck Diesel LX- Former: 1990 Jetta Coupe VR
      05-07-2013 11:38 PM #1677
      I am mostly scared of getting rick rolled if I click that link.
      Instagram: Deborah_Rufilin

33. Member
      Vehicles
      1996 BMW 328i
      05-08-2013 12:56 AM #1678
      Quote Originally Posted by Jmacs View Post
      I am mostly scared of getting rick rolled if I click that link.
      You don't get rick rolled. The description is pretty accurate.

Vehicles
      12 BMW 135i, 50 Ford Custom Deluxe
      05-08-2013 12:59 AM #1679
      Alrighty bros, anyone got a new story?
      | 40 Ford Panel RIP | 50 Ford Custom Deluxe current | 51 Chevy PU sold | 64 Chevy Belair sold | 67 Mercedes 250S RIP | 76 BMW 2002 sold | 85 Volvo 240dl wagon RIP | 85 BMW 325e sold | 88.5 Suzuki Samurai JX LOL sold | 91 Subaru Legacy sold | 92 BMW 318is RIP | 99 VW GTI sold | 01 Audi TT 225q RIP | 03 Audi A4 3.0q sold | 03 Jaguar 3.0 sold | 05 BMW 330xi sold | 06 Audi A3 sold | 2012 BMW 135i current |

Vehicles
      '12 VW CC Sport
      05-08-2013 01:24 AM #1680
      I was 5 years old when my mother and father got a new apartment. I was put in the room across the hallway and every night i would cry my eyes out saying there was something in the closet. The room simply did not feel right because i felt like someone was in that closet. My parents basically said whatever go to bed *******. I went insane in that room for two weeks every night checking the closet with a nerf gun or a broom but of course nothing was in there. Finally my mom and dad switched rooms with me and i was fine in their old room. My fears were all gone and I fell asleep without any problems every night, never scared for 5 years then eventually forgot about it. My parents didnt even complain about the closet.

Fast forward to today and recently my mother came to find out that the closet in that particular room has a door to the attic that the previous resident used to hang himself. When i heard that i had a chill in my spine and i still get chills telling this story. That was the only time i experienced something like that and its a horrible feeling. Staring at the closet door FEELING there was someone or something behind it was quite disturbing.
      2012 CC Sport Manual: Diesel geek short shifter/H&R Street Performance Coilovers/MRR HR2 19x8.5 wrapped in General Exclaim UHP tires

My MPG is better than yours :http://www.fuelly.com/driver/logic/cc

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast