VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

490K views 2K replies 661 participants last post by  BRealistic 
#1 ·
anybody here ever experienced the supernatural in their cars? did anybody get something extra with their project or restored car?
a friend of mine told me last night about an old toyota corona they bought back in the 90's. the car was an early 80's model. it was said that a friend of the previous owner figured in an accident, and died in the backseat on the way to the hospital. so what they did was they had the car blessed.
however, weird stuff started to occur. like the lights flashing once or twice at night... with a dead battery. also, my friend swore that he once heard some sort of "wheezing" sound from the car, like someone who has trouble breathing.
so anybody here experienced similar tales?

#1,223 ·
Re: Haunted Car Stories (jhouse81)

Quote, originally posted by jhouse81 »

Looks like a cozy place to raise a family.

#1,225 ·

my apologies. i always thought TCL needs to see pictures

yeah but not at 11:12 pm...WTF am i doing in this thread when it's dark outside
?!?!?!?!?!

#1,226 ·
Re: Haunted Car Stories (jebglx)

Quote, originally posted by jebglx »
yeah but not at 11:12 pm...WTF am i doing in this thread when it's dark outside
?!?!?!?!?!

Probably the same reasone I read through this thread at night. Everything is far mor interesting in this thread at night.

#1,227 ·

okay so i don't have any haunted car or house stories (thank godddd).. however, theres this old psychiatric center in my town. half of the buildings are abandoned and my friends and i have been in a few of them. one day we went through this entireee building. it was 4 floors & a basement and we went on each floor. as we were going down the stairs to the basement is got REAALLLY cold. it was at least 75 degrees out that day and it was freeezing in the basement. we get to the bottom of the stairs and the corner of the room is caged off, with a chair in there. then theres a bench facing it. creepy stuff. then we turn this corner and there are COFFINS. by this point i was freaking out, demanding they leave the building with me (there was no way i was leaving alone). i got this really strange feeling someone was just going to pop-up outta nowhere. it gives me the chills thinking about it.
i know, pics or it didn't happen..

i wish i could find the rest of the pictures.
after we went in there, the boyfriend & i started reading whatever we could find about the building & the grounds. really weird stuff. its crazy what they considered "insane" back then

that pic is awesome!!! where was this? i see youre from Middletown.... im around Poughkeepsie now and then. i'd love to drop by and see it for myself! i love things like this

#1,230 ·
Re: Haunted Car Stories (p53)

Quote, originally posted by p53 »
Ok, the dog is not going to leave my room now. Not even to go pee.

#1,231 ·
Re: Haunted Car Stories (mujjuman)

Quote, originally posted by mujjuman »

that pic is awesome!!! where was this? i see youre from Middletown.... im around Poughkeepsie now and then. i'd love to drop by and see it for myself! i love things like this

its the old state hospital, right in middletown.
Dorothea Dix Dr
Middletown, NY 10940
^ that'll bring you right in it.

#1,232 ·
Re: (chucchinchilla)

Quote, originally posted by chucchinchilla »
Sounds similar to other stories about school bus crashes I've heard. Somewhere in San Antonio (IIRC) years ago a school bus stalled on some railroad tracks and was ultimately hit by a train. Apparently if you drive your car to the crossing and put your car in neutral while sitting over the tracks..your car will mysteriously roll to safety. People have done this with lots of dust on the backs of their cars only to see little handprints everywhere on the back afterward.
How come nobody ever thought to bring a camera when they did that?

#1,236 ·
Re: (MkITT225)

Quote, originally posted by MkITT225 »
Here is my contribution....
So there is this place about 40 miles east of Denver, CO that is located on the plains, its called third bridge. Its basically in the absolute middle of nowhere, you have to drive on miles of random dirt roads to get there, and there are many rumored reasons as to why this area is haunted. Essentially its just a bridge, that goes over a small creek, and there are a couple random farms near by. The story is that a school bus lost control coming down the hill that approaches the bridge, and it flew off the side into the creek, killing all of the passengers on board. This is a documented event. So we go out there once in a while for a scare, some weird random things have happened, like we hear whispering, hear foot steps, see blurry spots in the air.....but none of this can be legitly documented as all of these events could be a result of how scared everybody is at the thought of being out there. So one night we all head out, my buddy has a 1999ish Civic Si coupe, which we drove out, as well as my TT. Now the cars get filthy when you drive out there, as it is about five miles or so of dirt/clay/muddy roads. So we park about one hundred yards away the bridge usually, and walk up towards it hoping to see a ghost. So we park the cars, go walk around for a while, nothing too significant happens, after about an hour we leave. Once we get back into the lights of Denver, we stop at a fast food joint for some food. As we get out of our cars, to our disbelief, we notice various hand prints in the dust on our windows and on the paint of our cars, all of which were about the size of a ten year old's hand, much smaller than any of our hands. Very weird.

Hahahaha I can't believe someone posted about Third Bridge! We used to go out there in high school just to scare the hell out of our girlfriends and friends from out of town. It was lots of fun

I never did hear why they said it was haunted though, so that's new to me

#1,237 ·
Re: (chucchinchilla)

Quote, originally posted by chucchinchilla »
Sounds similar to other stories about school bus crashes I've heard. Somewhere in San Antonio (IIRC) years ago a school bus stalled on some railroad tracks and was ultimately hit by a train. Apparently if you drive your car to the crossing and put your car in neutral while sitting over the tracks..your car will mysteriously roll to safety. People have done this with lots of dust on the backs of their cars only to see little handprints everywhere on the back afterward.

it's been awhile since i've read/thought about this, but this one i think has been debunked. the area around the railroad tracks is apparently actually downhill, but there's some optical illusion that makes the ground appear uphill. there was a video somewhere of someone putting a ball on the ground and it appearing to roll uphill.
i've been out there back when i was in high school, and it's not that scary...they built a huge baseball stadium right next to the tracks, so everything was lit up VERY brightly. sucks, because the drive out there was really dark and shaded by large trees.

#1,238 ·

its the old state hospital, right in middletown.
Dorothea Dix Dr
Middletown, NY 10940
^ that'll bring you right in it.

sweet. do u want to go again someday? lets get a bunch of people to go... ill bring my camera. everyone has to be mature though.. i dont like moving things around (no touching, only entering) unless someone is bold enough to lay in that coffin! (or stupid enough)

#1,239 ·
Re: (MkITT225)

Quote, originally posted by MkITT225 »
Here is my contribution....
So there is this place about 40 miles east of Denver, CO that is located on the plains, its called third bridge. Its basically in the absolute middle of nowhere, you have to drive on miles of random dirt roads to get there, and there are many rumored reasons as to why this area is haunted. Essentially its just a bridge, that goes over a small creek, and there are a couple random farms near by. The story is that a school bus lost control coming down the hill that approaches the bridge, and it flew off the side into the creek, killing all of the passengers on board. This is a documented event. So we go out there once in a while for a scare, some weird random things have happened, like we hear whispering, hear foot steps, see blurry spots in the air.....but none of this can be legitly documented as all of these events could be a result of how scared everybody is at the thought of being out there. So one night we all head out, my buddy has a 1999ish Civic Si coupe, which we drove out, as well as my TT. Now the cars get filthy when you drive out there, as it is about five miles or so of dirt/clay/muddy roads. So we park about one hundred yards away the bridge usually, and walk up towards it hoping to see a ghost. So we park the cars, go walk around for a while, nothing too significant happens, after about an hour we leave. Once we get back into the lights of Denver, we stop at a fast food joint for some food. As we get out of our cars, to our disbelief, we notice various hand prints in the dust on our windows and on the paint of our cars, all of which were about the size of a ten year old's hand, much smaller than any of our hands. Very weird.

And most people just assume that bizarre things like this are disembodied humans, but the bible doesn't teach that dead people become ghosts. This website explains how these "ghosts" are most likely fallen angels that pose as ghosts:
http://www.truthaboutdeath.com/are-ghosts-real.asp

#1,240 ·
Re: Haunted Car Stories (mujjuman)

Quote, originally posted by mujjuman »

sweet. do u want to go again someday? lets get a bunch of people to go... ill bring my camera. everyone has to be mature though.. i dont like moving things around (no touching, only entering) unless someone is bold enough to lay in that coffin! (or stupid enough)

no one around here is mature enough to handle going in there

last time i went into one of the buildings a "friend" of mine jumped out from behind a corner and screamed & i almost died lol
then they were breaking glass and stuff. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

#1,241 ·

no one around here is mature enough to handle going in there

last time i went into one of the buildings a "friend" of mine jumped out from behind a corner and screamed & i almost died lol
then they were breaking glass and stuff. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

oh that sucks. it would be cool to just go there and take a look at everything and absorb all the hauntedness. then run as fast as we can back to our cars lol. after taking pics.

i might bring a couple people to go with me one night... maybe halloween maybe before or after... it depends. i dont know that many mature people though.

[EDIT]
-----
not haunted story but one night me, my friend, and his gf were driving around Albany when we first moved here... we were just driving around randomly at 2AM when i turned onto this dark street with alot of bad looking houses. we kept going and going just talking and not really noticing where we were.... then i turned onto another street and we approached what looked a bunch of abandoned buildings. we werent scared of ghosts or anything, more about crackheads or drug dealers protecting their "territory" because thats what it looked like. so anyway, we got really really quiet and i noticed my friends gf started saying prayers. i was just driving very very slowly right now, in 2nd gear ready to bounce if i had to. we didnt know that the street was a dead end with the scariest looking house that we all ever seen. but anyway, before i knew it, i was on the driveway of the house, and there was some sign but i cant remember what it said. i noticed the fence was made of metal but it looked like someone shredded it. the grass (lawn) was absent, just basically dry dirt, and we noticed a bunch of broken bricks everywhere and some pieces of wooden planks. there were 2 or 3 trees with no leaves on them (winter time). the house itself looked pretty old, and that no one had lived in there for so long.. or atleast didnt take care of it like they were supposed to. the paint was peeling really badly off of everything that was painted. it had some stairs leading to the front door, which was broken. the windows were covered with wood. overall, the scene looked like it was straight out of a horror movie. by this time, i was halfway into the driveway and my car was stopped... still in gear actually. well i wanted to see more, so i hit the high-beam for a second. suddenly, we all screamed! i quickly shifted into reverse and just hit the gas a bit too hard and i lost traction but eventually i backed out, made a U-turn, and floored it through 3rd to get the f outta there (thats how scared we all were). the entire ride back home we were just like "wow omg wtf was that?" with our hearts still pounded. my friends gf was like, "can we please not do this again?"
we're not sure wtf we saw there, but whatever it was, it just scared the f outta us. next time ill take pics. but i dont remember how to get there anymore. it was totally random driving and we were new to this town. i remember it took us a while to get back home because i was still trying to figure out all the roads. im already making plans for another visit. most likely it was a crackhouse or something.
---------
but anyway, the pic that jhouse81 posted is totally EPIC http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by mujjuman at 3:36 AM 10-8-2008

#1,242 ·
Great thread. Keeps me up at night, ha.
So something freaky happened last night. I came home around 2:30AM in a drunken stupor. No biggie, I'm used to it and I always recall what happens when I'm drunk. Anyway, I dig into my WaWa sub and soup and feast away. Once I'm finished, I decide to go take a shower, and open my t-shirt drawer, which is waist high and made of solid wood...now heres where my memory is fuzzy. I just remember being on my floor nearly crying in pain. I'm grabbing my righ foot, which is now bleeding excessively. My toe is split near the nail, and is bleeding like crazy. I can't control it, and the pain is just unbearable. Remember, I'm drunk so it must of been 2x's more painful if I was sobered up.
When I wake up this morning, I notice blood everywhere and I'm in PAIN. I literally cannot walk without limping, and my toe is numb. I'm contemplating going to the hospital, but I don't want to move.
Pic:

So my best guess is that I dropped my drawer onto my foot while getting a fresh t-shirt. But there is no evidence of it falling...shirts are still folded, I don't recall ever seeing it on the floor, dropping, etc. I can't remember ****...I mean, I've woken up with cuts and small bruises from my drunken adventures, but this is srs bzns.
Oddly, last night while in pain, I recall looking at my desk clock which read 3:01AM. Weird.

#1,244 ·
Re: (iampakman)

Quote, originally posted by iampakman »
Not really scary.... it's just funny.

Quite hilarious actually, having done similar things while drunk.