Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Haunted Stories MEGA THREAD!!!!

1. 06-05-2004 09:37 PM #176
      short but unexplainable,
      i was with one of my close friends, on our way to a party out in the sticks. about a mile away from the driveway we see these dim but eratic lights in the trees next to us about 100 yards away, so we pull over and pullout my videocamera that i brought for the party. i must have shot for 3 or 4 minutes, then entire time the lights were movin threw the trees, note that im a avid hiker and 4x4 fanatic, lights do not move that fast or eractically threw a dense forrest. anyways the lights ended up stopping. in disbeif and utter shock we rush to the party to show the rest of our friends what we had witnessed. i plugged my camera into the tv and played back to everyone what we had seen. we play it back once, rewind, play again, and nothin but static on the entire tape, ive had the camera 2 or 3 years and the only way to erase footage it to tape over it. you tell me what happened to my tape, or in the woods that night?!

Modified by MACALLEN at 2:41 AM 6-6-2004

flick
      r
      | "In reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future."

2. 06-06-2004 01:14 AM #177
      Well here's another story about something unexplainable, although maybe not so scary.
      When I was about 11 I was swimming in the ocean one day, having a good time, and failed to notice that I had gone pretty far out from the shore. My sister and friend had already gone in some time earlier. I was a very strong swimmer and spent half the summer in the water so I guess nobody was really keeping track of where I was.
      Anyhow, I started to get tired and turned to swim back into shore, and that's when I realized exactly how far out I was. I looked for my family on the beach but all the people were just little faraway specks. I started to swim towards the shore and realized that there was a current pulling me back out - I couldn't really get anywhere, and I was rapidly getting even more tired. So I tried yelling but my voice was just swept away by the wind and it was obvious there was no chance of being heard.
      I started swimming along parallel to the shore but at an angle, as I had heard that was the way to deal with a current. However, after swimming as hard as I could for several minutes, I was even more exhausted and not really much closer to the beach. It was very far away. I couldn't tell if I was even getting anywhere. I rested for another minute and tried again. I realized I hadn't eaten anything for hours and I was starting to feel pretty weak. I started to feel afraid that I couldn't make it back in on my own.
      Just then, I heard someone call out behind me, and I looked and saw a man just swimming along, parallel to the shore. I was amazed to see him all the way out there in the ocean. He seemed completely relaxed and not tired at all. He asked me if I was alright, and I explained my situation. He told me to hold onto his shoulders, and proceeded to tow me in to just before where the waves were just beginning to break. What a relief! He asked me if I would be alright from there, and I said yes, that I could get back okay from there, and I let go of his shoulder.
      I turned to thank him, but he was gone! I thought he must have dived under the water, and as tired as I was, I waited for him to come back up so I could thank him for possibly saving my life. I treaded water for a long time, carefully scanning the water in all directions...but he never surfaced. I waited past the point when anybody could have possibly held their breath, but I never saw him again - he was just gone.
      I told my mother when I got in, and she cried and said he must have been an angel. I had another theory - this story took place in Japan, where the folklore is full of stories about animals and spirits that take human form. I'm not sure if I believe this now, but I still have no explanation. Who knows?

Modified by mitsu at 10:15 PM 6-5-2004

3. 06-06-2004 01:33 AM #178
      OK, this is kinda freaky. I saw this photo while browsing a photography forum that I frequent. Some guy was testing his new camera and decided to take a picture of his backyard at night while standing on his balcony. Well, after uploading the pictures and doing some post editing, it appears to be an image of a ghost! I tried it myself and it scared the crap out of me as the image emerged (it didn't help that I was trying this in the middle of the night).
      See for yourself, here is the original photo. Open it in photoshop, play around with the curves adjustment and prepare to be freaked!
      Edit: Sorry this isn't exactly a haunted car story, but it seemed appropriate.

Vehicles
      2009 Cooper S
      06-06-2004 02:41 AM #179
      Quote, originally posted by C-town Driver »
      OK, this is kinda freaky. I saw this photo while browsing a photography forum that I frequent. Some guy was testing his new camera and decided to take a picture of his backyard at night while standing on his balcony. Well, after uploading the pictures and doing some post editing, it appears to be an image of a ghost! I tried it myself and it scared the crap out of me as the image emerged (it didn't help that I was trying this in the middle of the night).
      See for yourself, here is the original photo. Open it in photoshop, play around with the curves adjustment and prepare to be freaked!

yeah, that'll have to wait until the morning

Vehicles
      '11 Audi S4
      06-06-2004 02:45 AM #180
      I dont have photoshop but am editing it with some other software. where do you see the ghost, or can you just repost the edited picture?

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda 3 HB
      06-06-2004 03:01 AM #181
      where in the picture is the ghost? I've played with curves, all sorts of filters, cant really make anything odd out.

7. 06-06-2004 03:25 AM #182
      bump, i wanna see some ghosts in that pic

8. 06-06-2004 03:27 AM #183
      Here is the original photo...

Now cropped the dark area in the back of the yard....

Now adjusting curves in photohop brings the image out of the darkness...

And slightly enhanced for more clarity....

9. 06-06-2004 04:08 AM #184
      yeah, that is freaky, my girlfriend cant sleep now, haha

10. Member
      Vehicles
      1969 VW Beetle
      06-06-2004 05:57 AM #185
      freaky indeed!
      can you tell us what filters and curves were manipulated? i just saved the jpeg and i want to freak out the people here in the office!

11. 06-06-2004 12:59 PM #186
      in Ct we have a cemetery that is haunted well my friends went to check it out and this kid was being a dick jumping over gravestones, yelling everything and then something just hit him he turned bright white and just went back to the car. i guess when they asked him about it the nextday he didn't remember anything of even going they're im not sure if hes b/sing or not, but if not thats kinda scary

12. 06-06-2004 01:28 PM #187
      I tried doing that from the original image, and i didnt get that...
      but it looks like a building in the back with someone looking out. Lens refraction maybe ?

13. 06-06-2004 01:32 PM #188
      Okay, i stand corrected FREEKY

14. 06-06-2004 01:34 PM #189

That was freaking awesome. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

15. 06-06-2004 01:46 PM #190
      I got one, its not great but its true!
      One night around 2:30 in the morning I come home and go to bed, my parents say goodnight to me. Then I Hear someone shuffling my stuff around on my night table whipering "Goodnight" in a scratchy, voice, I figured it was my mom messin around, I slap my touch lamp like a 5 cent whore and the whole room lights up. Nothing. And my door was closed the whole time. Freaked me right out. Man, I got goosebumps and chills and its only 2:46 in the afternoon and 20 degrees outside

Vehicles
      Porsche & Honda
      06-06-2004 02:00 PM #191
      Here is the original photo...

Now cropped the dark area in the back of the yard....

Now adjusting curves in photohop brings the image out of the darkness...

And slightly enhanced for more clarity....

if you edit this pic, enhance to 200% and adjust the brightness & contrast, there appears to be yet another ghost in this pic. maybe i'm bugging out. but its in the left hand corner of the original pic.

Modified by a2a4raddo at 2:58 PM 6-6-2004

Vehicles
      1997 B4 Passat TDI
      06-06-2004 02:49 PM #192
      These are great stories, keep em coming! I dont believe Ive ever seen or experienced a ghost, and as such I dont know wether or not I believe in them. Its faascinating stuff though.
      Probably the worst scare I ever had was when I was reading a thread EXACTLY like this one on another board. It was late, I crawled into bed scared off my ass after reading all those stories, and about twenty minutes later as I was nodding off my computer started playing a song I was downloading off Kazaa at full blast! scared the living **** out of me.
      something about ghosts makes me want to know more about them, but at the same time I dont know if I really do.

18. 06-06-2004 06:57 PM #193
      Here's a haunting story for you guys. This all happened when I was around 5 or 6 but I remeber it like it was yesterday. I think it all happened when my uncle gave me his old captains bed. I would always sleep with my door open, as well as my parents. It was a very short hallway between the rooms. At night time I would see these gremlin looking shadowy figures moving across the hallway. Like they were about 4 feet tall, with lanky arms and down turned horns. You could seriously see an outline but never any definition. There was a larger shadowy figure that seemed to be talking to the little guys.
      The larger figure would point over to my room and these little gremlines ran across the hallway and into my room. I remeber hiding under the covers, thinking if they can't see me I'm safe. One time I got brave, and sat up to watch them. One of them seem to make eye contact with me and sat in my door way and starting walking very slowly towards me. I was petrified with fear as I watched it disappear into the shadows right before my bed. I slept with my head burried under the covers untill we moved out when I was 7.
      Another quick story I remeber we moved our new house shortly after my grandfather passed away. I remeber my grandfather had this shuffle when he would walk. The first night we spent in our new house i had my door open as usual, and heard this shuffling down the hallway. I knew it was my grandfather just checking the place out

19. 06-06-2004 07:58 PM #194
      Quote, originally posted by MACALLEN »
      short but unexplainable,
      i was with one of my close friends, on our way to a party out in the sticks. about a mile away from the driveway we see these dim but eratic lights in the trees next to us about 100 yards away, so we pull over and pullout my videocamera that i brought for the party. i must have shot for 3 or 4 minutes, then entire time the lights were movin threw the trees, note that im a avid hiker and 4x4 fanatic, lights do not move that fast or eractically threw a dense forrest. anyways the lights ended up stopping. in disbeif and utter shock we rush to the party to show the rest of our friends what we had witnessed. i plugged my camera into the tv and played back to everyone what we had seen. we play it back once, rewind, play again, and nothin but static on the entire tape, ive had the camera 2 or 3 years and the only way to erase footage it to tape over it. you tell me what happened to my tape, or in the woods that night?!

Modified by MACALLEN at 2:41 AM 6-6-2004

blank tape. Did you forget to press the record button?

20. 06-06-2004 10:27 PM #195
      My story is not scary or creepy, but unusual.
      I attended college in my hometown. Early one spring, when the weather had first warmed up enough and everyone was dying to do something outside, I took a couple of friends from out of town and drove them around the area to show them some of the cooler places in the county. One of the places we went was the site of an old swinging bridge over the Elkhorn Creek. My family used to go out there for fishing and picnics and stuff when I was really little but I hadn't been there myself in a long while.
      It was afternoon when we got there, and we hung out for about a half hour or an hour. The swinging bridge itself was in poor shape, with hardly anything remaining other than the cables, but I crossed it just for the hell of it. (I had to be careful because the water there is so shallow that it wouldn't break your fall.) Anyway, this really strange, happy feeling came over me. (No, we weren't drinking or doing drugs.) It is hard to describe, but it was just the opposite of feeling creeped out. It was the warmest, happiest feeling... hard to explain. Euphoric I guess is the word for it. All my senses seemed really heightened. It was weird but nice. I haven't ever had that feeling since.
      Anyway, that afternoon after I dropped my friends off at the dorm I went over to my parents' house. I tried to explain the feeling I had had at the swinging bridge to my mom. Mom said that she herself had once had an unusual experience at the swinging bridge, but not a supernatural one or anything like that. She had gone out there for a picnic with my dad and my older brother. She had been feeling ill for awhile, and wasn't sure why. She was out at the bridge when she looked down into the water and realized that the reason she had been feeling ill was that she was pregnant (with me).
      So that was the place where my own mother first became aware of me. Maybe what I had was a mystical/supernatural experience, I dunno. I've never seen a ghost, but I'd like to. (I think.)

It looks to me like there is a skull and cross bones image (like a "Jolly Roger" flag) where the head of the person behind the wheel would be.

Modified by Alex W at 12:00 AM 6-7-2004

21. Member
      Vehicles
      90 Lysolm Corrado 75 STD Beetle 01 Dodge Ram 2500
      06-07-2004 06:20 AM #196
      Anyone have a link to the original thread with that picture with the "ghost" in it?

22. 06-07-2004 07:34 AM #197
      so uh...did you get pregnent too after feeling that? lol

23. 06-07-2004 07:55 AM #198
      Did I get pregnant? No, but I did get laid once out there. I hope she didn't get pregnant! lol
      Well getting away from my somewhat lame contribution to this thread and back to ghosts, anybody from Louisville got any stories about that creepy old TB hospital Waverly Hills?

24. 06-07-2004 09:59 AM #199
      I played with the contrast and brightness, too and got this (gotta love Photoshop... there's so much more to this pic):

Vehicles
      2011 JSW TDI 6sp, 2013 GLK250 Bluetec
      06-07-2004 10:47 AM #200
      This is one of the freakiest things thats happend to me.
      One night while lying in my bed with my girlfriend while i was still living with my parents, (i lived in the basement) she tells me she sees a little girl on the other end of the room, 40' away. I look over and don't see anything, but i look back at her and shes completely fixated on this spot on the far wall. To me theres nothing there, but then I get this deep chill, meanwhile my room is 80 degrees cause the heat is broken. Still she stares intently, apparantly not noticing i'm trying to snap her out of her fixation. Eventually she stops and starts talking agian. Everything is fine, til we fall asleep. She starts breathing really raspy, and starts clawing at the wall, me, herself, the bed. I shake her awake, and she lets out this slow breath that sounds as if you deflated a baloon really slowly, but again with a rasp. She has no idea whats going on, so I now freaked at this point move us upstairs to sleep on the couch. She again starts clawing at herself and the couch. I call her name out, and in a raspy child like voice, she says, this isnt Kristin...
      Well you can imagine how i felt about that. So I wake her up again, and won't let her sleep. Its now 5am, and I've gotta leave for work at 530. So I take her to her moms house, and she sleeps there, where she left visible nail marks in the wall next to her bed.
      Fast Foward to that night. Were sitting in my car after getting back from wherever we were. I turn to look at her and her normally deep ocen blue eyes are grey...stone grey, and shes staring deeply at me. And then the color suddenly comes back to her eyes and she starts talking to me as if nothing happened.
      She later had a friend do some kind of incantation thing, but i'm happy just as long as that dosen't happen again and we never stay over my parents place again.
      Recently a jar of red cabbage fell out of their pantry and it looked like red blood spilling from behind the door onto the tile, and a picture of my grandfather fell over and broke, all for no aparant reason.....I don't like my parents house too much

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast