Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Thief 3 Deadly Shadows

Vehicles
      VW, Jetta GLI, 2005
      06-10-2004 06:32 AM #1
      I've been playing this game in the middle of the night for the last week or so.. If you have the Rig for this I highly suggest this game for the PC. Or, you can't play it on your PC - play it on the Xbox. It's $40 for PC and $50 for the Xbox thou..

So far, this game has truely amazed me. It's a steath game ala Splinter Cell but in medieval (Yep, had to spell check this one) times.

It's not some boring Strategy game or Adventure game like some of you might be thinking. It's more of an Action game then anything. You can try the demo out 1st and see how you like it.

I was miffed up playing the Shamans Pagan Level the other night and was allured and intrigued by the dynamics of the different factions and enviornments which create one hell of an atmosphere. This game truely pulls me into the game and deserves to be played. Plus, the way the shadows and lighting are all working in real time makes me drool.. Yum, is that the moon I see shining through the stained glass in this cathedral... Why yes, yes it is...

2. 06-10-2004 09:14 AM #2
      damn, I didn't realize this was coming out so soon. Time to cough up for a new PC, I guess... or (shudder) buy an xbox...

I was a huge fan of this series, Thief I and II were great, also.

3. 06-10-2004 10:22 AM #3
      I need to get an X-box I heard EB games is selling them for $99

4. Member
      Vehicles
      96 GTI VR6
      06-10-2004 11:40 AM #4
      i missed 2 but played one. pretty fun game. i have three but have yet to get too far. man i need a new video card bad.

and the xbox's ebgames has are $99 +$3 shipping but they are refurbished. not sure if you mind or not, i personally dont. but thats why they're so cheap. http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/216616.asp?

Modified by Severance at 11:44 AM 6-10-2004

Vehicles
      VW, Jetta GLI, 2005
      06-11-2004 07:04 AM #5
      Yeah, this game really requires a hefty Rig to run it good. I consider mine top-of-the-line.
      P4 2.6c Clocked at 3GIGs w/ Radeon 9800 PRO, and 1 GIG of the good stuff.. OCZ quality Platinum DDR Dual Channel Ram..

I don't recommend anyone with less then a 2GIG processor buy this. I bet it's cool on the Xbox thou.. I'm sure I'll get the Demo on my next Xbox mag and do a little compairson. Great game either way and very cool interaction!

Modified by gli87jetta at 5:05 AM 6-11-2004

6. 06-12-2004 04:19 AM #6
      Quote, originally posted by vw valance »
      I need to get an X-box I heard EB games is selling them for $99

$119.99 brand new if you trade in a PS One, N64, Or Gameboy advance (with 1 game)

same goes for a ps2, and you can get a gamecube for $69.99 if you do the same thing.. i have an old gba i might trade in for another gamecube(mine broke )

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      07-22-2012 10:21 PM #7
      Picked this up for stupid cheap on STEAM during the summer sale.

I am really enjoying this game.

The way the story is presented is interesting too... you overhear conversations, read letters and notes, and get info from your fence.
      And who doesn't love bonking people over the head el kabong style .. but with a blackjack thing?
      Fun game.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      07-23-2012 03:56 PM #8
      Thief was probably my favorite PC game series and I really wish they would revisit it. I still think there are stealth lessons that could be learned from this series - I just thought they were always executed so well.

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      08-03-2012 10:32 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by MeineFolks'wagen View Post
      Thief was probably my favorite PC game series and I really wish they would revisit it. I still think there are stealth lessons that could be learned from this series - I just thought they were always executed so well.
      Yeah.
      It is surprisingly good considering the age.
      Note Thief 4 is supposedly coming out some time.
      I wonder of it will be like the old games but with added depth and graphics, or an all knew game.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      08-03-2012 11:28 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Yeah.
      It is surprisingly good considering the age.
      Note Thief 4 is supposedly coming out some time.
      I wonder of it will be like the old games but with added depth and graphics, or an all knew game.
      Hmm, hadn't heard about a fourth one. I hope they don't change it around too much - I think the game was perfect as is and I can only imagine it with updated graphics and depth. It was just simple things like having the moss arrows to cushion your footsteps so the guards wouldn't hear you, having the rope arrow so you could shoot, generate a rope, and then climb to other areas, having to use the water arrows to wipe away the blood of people you knocked out/killed so the guards wouldn't notice it, moving the bodies, etc. I always thought they built a nice mythos in the game as well for the story. I really hope this turns out good.....

11. Senior Member
      08-04-2012 01:27 PM #11
      Wow blast from the past! The scariest of the scariest video games and all because of that one level!
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden