VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

lets just brag and show our circle track vw pics submit yours

119K views 273 replies 44 participants last post by  Tucked 
#1 ·
#260 ·
Hey Junk, Iwill take a look next week. I have the 2 Chumpers running the Sept 24 race. Gotta finish the watered cooled brakes and swap all of the axles, front bearings etc. One car is done the other just went inside today.
MM

#267 ·
The only real difference I found out is that the cranks in the motors for dodge supplied by VW have one end machined differently(for clearance and/or for crank pulley issues) and thus there will be clearance issues.I guess the rabbits have a slightly wider engine compartment;so maybe a rabbit 1.7 may not fit w/o work into a dodge...I could also have this story reversed,but I do know there is a difference in the cranks between a 1.7 that was originally in a VW versus a 1.7 supplied by VW for Dodge.I dont remember where I read or saw this but I do know this story to be true..one way or another...lol...

#268 ·
Alittle slow here. last weeks pic,
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-R1ktBDZIHeo/TzgSCSY0LnI/AAAAAAABHEA/4sHzQZnSK8I/s640/IMG_0598.JPG
MM
Gapless rings,005 PTW clearance. Some compression, good cam, 1.8, 100% steel body so far with 100% glass. About 40# over right now. @ 1940 empty.
locked diff, , 3mm toe out rear, 550 front springs, 350 rear , no bars. Goodyear SRF tires @36# PSI front 40 PSI rear .
The little hoosiers are 2 sec lap faster@ Sebring, but these wil work @ Daytona @ 40psi and the car should roll past the Honda by 8mph. Ihope.
MM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.