|Thanks to everybody involved in this thread (especially Gary)! With this kind of evidence, you would think VW would recall this POS door lock module.
* Would this issue cause my new battery to drain 100% dead?
2000 JETTA GLS - here are my symptoms:
- Headlight chime doesn't sound
- Puddle lights don't work on driver's side when open
- If I use the key, the alarm goes off after manually opening the door and starting the car. If I use the FOB, it works fine.
- Alarm arms even when the trunk is open
- FOB won't open trunk (interior switch will)
All of these symptoms are intermittent. Sometimes the alarm arms/disarms properly, and sometimes the headlight chime works. The alternator checked out fine.
Modified by ricolaw78 at 9:34 AM 6-15-2009