VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Secondary air pump fuse???

21K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  thecreeper 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me where the fuse is for the secondary air pump on a B4? My OBD is reading a secondary air pump fault code
and the dealer said it is typically a fuse. Any help??

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Secondary air pump fuse??? (Shikaroka)

hey not to steal a thread about this may help
can anyone put up a pic of the secondary air pump and the vacuum lines that are attached to it and where they go...
i dont have a manual and this could be a nice lil write-up/diy for someone with a digicam, since this seems like a prob that happens often for our vr's
thanx in advance

#5 ·
Re: Secondary air pump fuse??? (taPassVR6)

I replaced all the vac lines for my pump. Didn't fix the fault. Rather than replace the solenoid or anythign else, it was cheaper to get a diff computer from a car with no air pump OEM. I doubted it would work, and now I believe
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#6 ·
Re: Secondary air pump fuse??? (WYTDI)

The fuse the dealer is talking about is a 50A fusible link; it's located behind the battery, under a clear flip-top lid along with a regular 5A and 20A fuse. There is also a relay against the firewall (#111) that often has its spade connectors corroded. Just clean them up with some sandpaper. Also the solenoid could be bad, it's only around $8.00 from IMPEX, part# 191906283A.
There isn't much to the whole secondary air system; just the pump, combi-valve, vac lines, solenoid (AKA changeover valve), relay and 50A fusible link. I actually just got mine taken care of this morning for good, my relay was bad and I had a bad solenoid valve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.