Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: SPECIAL: Supersprint Exhaust Systems Now Available at North American Motorsports

1. 10-05-2004 10:14 PM #1

SUPERSPRINT PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEMS NOW AVAILABLE AT NORTH AMERICAN MOTORSPORTS
      Get $50 off your Supersprint order of $200 or more. See details below

North American Motorsports is proud to be the newest distributor of Supersprint exhaust systems. Supersprint manufactures some of the highest quality performance exhaust systems on the market. To kick off the addition of Supersprint to our line of products we will be running the following promotion for the month of October.
      SUPERSPRINT PRODUCTS:
      Click the link below to view all Supersprint products available through our website.
      ALL Supersprint Products
      To view parts available specifically for your car click the link below and select your vehicle from the drop down menus. Then select Supersprint from the Brand Search on the right side of our site.
      Supersprint Products for Your Specific Vehicle

PROMOTION: Get $50 off all Supersprint orders of $200 or more.
      HOW: Type the coupon code Supersprint in the coupon box during checkout to receive $50 off your Supersprint order of $200 or more.
      LENGTH: This promotion will run until October 31, 2004.
      SHIPPING: We only ship within the United States. For shipping quotes to Alaska and Hawaii please contact us by telephone at 1-877-NAMOTORS.
      HOW TO ORDER: All orders will be processed directly through our website. We accept VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, and Paypal through our site.
      You may browse the Supersprint line by clicking the link above. You may view items for your vehicle specifically by selecting your vehicle from the dropdown list at the top left of our site.
      QUESTIONS: If you have any questions at all you may contact us by replying to this post, by IM, by email, or by phone.
      AOL Instant Messenger: NAMtrsprts
      Email: justin@namotorsports.net
      Phone: 1-877-NAMOTORS
      Monday - Thursday: 10AM to 8PM
      Fridays: 10AM - 6PM

Thank you!

2. 10-05-2004 10:25 PM #2
      no systems for the 24v vr6 yet

3. 10-05-2004 10:32 PM #3
      At this point in time I am not aware of any Supersprint system for that engine. However, I will contact Supersprint to find out for sure. I'll keep you posted (no pun intended).

Vehicles
      2012 R
      10-06-2004 12:00 PM #4
      I read the other day in a eurotuner, I believe, and they had a head to back rather than catback on the ABD Racing 24V VR6. I checked out their site the other day and could not find it. Maybe it was a custom job. If you find out anything about exhaust systems for this vehicle please let me know as well!! I am VERY interested.
      EDIT - It was in the Sept 2003 eurotuner.

Modified by looneyben6 at 7:05 PM 10-6-2004

5. 10-06-2004 12:34 PM #5
      didnt i see those exhaust in pepboys, no diss intended lol but i thought i saw them not sure though

6. 10-06-2004 01:21 PM #6
      I believe Pepboys sells Pacesetter exhaust systems which look very similar to the Supersprint systems.

Vehicles
      14' JSW, 1990 Cabby FrankenDub, 09' Croutan
      10-06-2004 01:35 PM #7
      not impressed by the "discount" supersprint cost !
      #projectcabby

8. 10-06-2004 08:01 PM #8
      I contacted Supersprint today regarding a system for the GLI. The system that fits the MKIV Jetta 1.8T, VR6, or TDI will fit on the GLI. I have updated the parts on our site so that they show up for a 2004 Jetta. Below are the links to the parts that make up the cat-back system:
      Center Pipe
      Rear Muffler
      Another Rear Muffler
      If you have any questions please let me know. Thank you. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      '31 model A drag car, '05.5 A4, '03 z06, '04 Suburban
      10-07-2004 01:50 AM #9
      Just out of curiousity, what is the diameter piping for the 1.8t center and rear section? Also, what gains are claimed by supersprint running this combo? Thanks
      -Brian

10. 10-07-2004 11:34 AM #10
      Brian-
      Supersprint utilizes the stock diameter on their exhaust systems. They do this because they believe larger diameter tubing doesn't mean greater power gains. On that system, Supersprint lists about a 5HP gain over stock. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you.

10-07-2004 04:51 PM #11
      No Go sorry not that nice

12. 10-08-2004 05:05 PM #12
      1000 bucks for a header on a 97 vr6 thats crazy I have a superpsrint supposably it was a race system it has the center muffler thats really long and then the dtm tipd muffler. Are you sure its stock size piping it doesnt look like it.

13. 10-08-2004 06:17 PM #13
      Supersprint's street systems are stock diameter. The race systems are larger diameter tubing, which would explain why yours appears larger than stock.

14. 10-08-2004 08:36 PM #14
      Thanks any idea what size piping it is? Great exhaust though never had one come close to how mine sounds [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

15. 10-10-2004 11:48 AM #15
      The race system on a 97 VR6 is 60mm which is about 2 3/8".
      Anyone, please let me know if you have any questions.

Vehicles
      94 MK3, 81 Caddy
      10-12-2004 01:39 AM #16
      I have a 63mm race system I bought from europe through a guy in Canada. I LOVE how it sounds and the build and welds are awesome! I know the 63 is overkill for a 2.0 but I plan on a Supercharger this fall. I also have the Supersprint header (tri-Y) and it fit great as well! Just had a few minor issues with the small OBD2 secondary air pump lines or whatever that pump fresh air into each runner. One was bent (could of been from shipping) but some pliers fixed it with no kinks and its all stainless steel [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] No rust at all and its been on for about a year and a half with rain snow and heat
      and my header is on page 3, I cant seem to find my muffler though....

Modified by evilGOLFMK4 at 1:44 AM 10-12-2004
      I used to rollerblade.
      http://oldskoolvw.com/ do it.

10-12-2004 01:18 PM #17
      I hope you can help me?
      I just want a muffler. 2.5 inlet. Dual round tips. What kind of price, if possible?
      I have Magnaflow cat-back, but a generic DTM muffler w/ no insulation, and it's very loud for my taste.
      Thanks, Jason
      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

18. 10-12-2004 03:16 PM #18
      Well, if you are looking for a universal muffler, we can get Supersprint universal mufflers. You can use the link below to view those (you need Adobe Acrobat to view this).
      Supersprint Universal Mufflers
      However, you could also get the rear muffler that is designed for use with their MKIV Jetta Race Systems. These are 63.5mm in diameter which is 2.5 inches. You can view this rear muffler using the link below.
      Supersprint Homepage
      You will have to select Race Systems > Bora > 1.8t 150HP in order to see the race muffler that they offer for the MKIV Jetta.
      If you are interested in any of these please let me know. If you provide me with part numbers I can check pricing and availability for you. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks.

10-12-2004 11:26 PM #19
      Justin, you have PM! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      MKVI Shadow Metallic Blue 6 spd 4 door GTi
      MKVI Uni Black 6 spd Jetta TDi

20. 10-14-2004 07:00 PM #20
      We have received numerous questions regarding Supersprint products over the past couple weeks. Here are some things about these systems we thought you might like to know:
      While Supersprint systems are slightly more expensive than other systems there is good reason for this. When viewing Supersprint products on our site, please keep this in mind:
      -Any piece that appears silver in a picture is 100% stainless steel
      -Any piece that appears black is powdercoated aluminum plated steel - designed as such because these pieces drop below the underbody of the car and this coating protects against road debris and weather better than uncoated stainless steel

Some features of Supersprint exhaust systems:
      -Stock diameter tubing on ALL street systems allows for easy mating of system, or just a single piece, to your stock exhaust system.
      -All seams are welded instead of crimped
      -Inside of ALL mufflers are stainless steel pipes and rock wool which make for an extremely long lasting, consistent system
      -All tips are chrome-plated stainless steel with inward rolled edge
      -Exhaust tone is a nice low tone that is not overbearingly loud, only a little louder than stock
      -Headers and Downpipes contain a long lasting floating flange as opposed to typical flex joints, which tend to wear out very quickly, and tend to restrict flow. Entirely stainless steel!
      -02 ports retained in factory location on all headers and downpipes
      -These systems can easily last 10-20 years or more! (obviously depending on your driving habits and conditions).
      -ISO 9001 Certified - this means the highest standard in quality

Hopefully this helps with some questions you may have about Supersprint products. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask me. Just a reminder that this sale is running until the end of October, so you still have a couple weeks to purchase your Supersprint exhaust system. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

21. 10-20-2004 05:30 PM #21
      Does this offer include the R32 centerpipe. I surely hope so thanks

22. 10-20-2004 06:18 PM #22
      You've got an instant message [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

23. 10-21-2004 04:30 AM #23
      IAM LOOKING FOR A SOME PIPS