I replaced my shift knob with an OEM Passat W8 wooden shift knob as pictured below. The black plastic insert which shows the shift pattern is larger in size than the one on my original shift knob, so I can't use my old one. Is it possible to buy the little black plastic piece without buying a whole new shift knob?
When I left my car at the tint shop to have the windows tinted, the guy had tried to lift the shifter to put it in reverse (like the W8 pattern shows) and actually yanked the shifter/boot assembly off the lever. I just want to avoid a similar occurence with parking valets.

Modified by Ali B at 4:34 PM 10-20-2004

Modified by Ali B at 4:35 PM 10-20-2004