Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 796 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Winchester roll call . . .

1. 12-16-2004 03:35 PM #76
      Quote, originally posted by thebunnyrabbit »
      Screw you guys.....I 'm putting one of those big erector set lookin spoilers on the back and you can't forget the unpainted body kit...primer only!!!

Well you gotta keep it real. One word--neons!

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      12-17-2004 08:43 AM #77
      Quote, originally posted by dublifer »

Well you gotta keep it real. One word--neons!

Don't forget Winchester's finest honda kids...located at a Sheetz near you!

3. 12-17-2004 01:04 PM #78
      It's been a good week. The water pump went out on the Passat on Wed. and then the brakes went out on the Caddy last night.
      At leat there's still the old faithful, driveway ornament, 337.

4. 12-17-2004 01:14 PM #79
      Damn Matt, you sound like me. The clutch is starting to slip on the MKIII, the caddy needs a head gasket, and the TDI needs some winter tires. Does it ever end?
      "Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty" ----- Jacob Bronowski
      "I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -----Thomas Jefferson

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      12-17-2004 01:40 PM #80
      Come on boyz...it's a volkswagen....the fun NEVER ends!!!!

6. 12-17-2004 11:03 PM #81
      Isn't that the truth. I picked up the Passat today and they said there is a $120 coolant hose getting ready to go.
      WONDERFUL.

7. 12-18-2004 07:57 PM #82
      See there, that's why you just should drive an aircooled...No coolant hose, no head gasket, (no brakes) cheap clutches, etc etc...

8. 12-19-2004 03:42 AM #83
      No heat, no heated seats, no power, no power steering, no power brakes, no good stereo. Should i go on? And it's not like you actually drive your aircooled!!!!!!!

9. 12-19-2004 10:14 PM #84
      Well now, you don't need those things. It's all just more stuff to go bad. And just to add to your list Matt, if you had seen the '68 I used to drive (everyday I might add) years ago, you could add NO FLOOR!!!

10. 12-19-2004 10:21 PM #85
      If you were that hard core aircooled, you would have a beater to drive now instead of your other cars.
      Looking for a baja??????

11. 12-20-2004 08:51 AM #86
      Quote, originally posted by 602crew »
      Isn't that the truth. I picked up the Passat today and they said there is a $120 coolant hose getting ready to go.
      WONDERFUL.

Which hose is it, and who is they? I can help you find the hose cheaper than that I'm sure, and I will help you put it on, we'll do a complete coolant system flush while we are at it. Make sure whoever replaces the hose uses distilled water and the apropriate coolant. I've seen a couple of VR blocks with terrible corrosion due to the wrong stuff being used.
      "Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty" ----- Jacob Bronowski
      "I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -----Thomas Jefferson

12. 12-20-2004 10:31 AM #87
      I think i might just buy the whole Samco kit for ~$300. The way the hose is, i might be able cut and splice. It's a small branch from a big hose.

13. 12-20-2004 10:40 AM #88
      What year is the wagon?

14. 12-20-2004 11:18 AM #89
      1997, YO
      --
      M A double Tizzle

15. 12-20-2004 11:28 AM #90

Vehicles
      between Dubs, Volvo S60 for now
      12-20-2004 01:39 PM #91
      Sorry I'm late checkin' in guys. I've been in the Winchester area for over 15 years now, probably had over a dozen Dubs between Rabbits, Golfs, a pickup, a Passat. Right now I'm concentrating on introducing the next generation to VWs. My son goes to Millbrook, he rolls an '87 GTI...I'm getting ready to donate an '85 Jetta to his buddy with a new license to get him off on the right foot.
      I just missed pickin' up a Scirocco in DC last weekend...I'm still ticked! I've been a semi-regular on the Vortex for years, but never looked into the forums outside the classifieds!
      Butch
      *Age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm*

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      12-20-2004 02:05 PM #92
      Well...hello and welcome. It's good to see all the Winchester folks come out of hiding!!

18. 12-20-2004 05:02 PM #93
      I think Winchester must have the most dub owners per square mile. Nice to see you on here. We need to meet up as soon as it gets warmer!!

19. 12-21-2004 01:49 AM #94
      I think Winchester must have the most dub owners per square mile. Nice to see you on here. We need to meet up as soon as it gets warmer!!

yeah...i can't wait it to warm up....i hate winter...i can't wait til it's spring already....i'll get to drive my jetta again and hopefully it'll look somewhat better....eff you old man winter....

Modified by stallinbenji at 6:51 AM 12-21-2004

20. 12-21-2004 02:48 AM #95
      If you were that hard core aircooled, you would have a beater to drive now instead of your other cars.

Oh but you have no idea. If I had a place to "service" my aircooled, believe me I would. I have two '73s tucked away (one Super and one Standard) but both need some work to make get em worthy. The Super is an AutoStick that used to be my daily. The Standard was an acquirement that I put a motor in for my dad and just never made its way on to the streets. Don't want the AS but have had lots of thoughts about the Standard being my "beater". Both are high and dry waiting for whatever.

Vehicles
      between Dubs, Volvo S60 for now
      12-21-2004 10:04 AM #96
      I don't believe it...last night I got a call from the guy in DC with the Scirocco...his buyer backed out of the deal!!! I gotta figure out a time to head into town with a trailer to drag it home now. There may be some "challenges" with the title too, so don't look for it on the streets of Winchester for another couple of weeks! My son's already making noises about "trading" his GTI for it...HA!!!
      Butch
      *Age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm*

22. 12-21-2004 10:21 AM #97
      I work in Farifax, let me know if you need a hand when you get ready to get it. I'm always happy to help a Dubber out. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      12-21-2004 10:26 AM #98
      Quote, originally posted by JKnowledge »
      I work in Farifax, let me know if you need a hand when you get ready to get it. I'm always happy to help a Dubber out. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

You just like helpin other MEN out ya big Ass Farmer!!! HAHAHA J/K!!

24. 12-21-2004 10:39 AM #99
      Jeff is a very helpful guy...always swooping in when he is needed We should call him Super Jeff and get him a cape and a logo, he'll wear it all the time!

25. 12-21-2004 11:27 AM #100
      Thanks Katie!! I don't know if I would feel very comforatble wearing a super suit and cape all the time, though

Page 4 of 796 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast