Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 568 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Winchester roll call . . .

1. Member
      Vehicles
      01-03-2005 10:44 AM #141
      I got beside a black R32 on Valley on the way home from work Friday, gave 'em the nod. Saw some kind of a tuned MKII going the opposite direction in traffic on Pleasant Valley, but all I got a glimpse of was the single-rounds.

2. 01-03-2005 10:44 AM #142
      I fell off my Mt Bike and landed on a sharp edged rock that was only a little bigger than a softball. It put a 3.5 inch gash along the side of my knee. No significant muscle damage, just sliced the fatty tissue and bled alot.
      "Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty" ----- Jacob Bronowski
      "I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -----Thomas Jefferson

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-03-2005 10:45 AM #143
      Who was at the house? Man I need to come home...always missin out on visitors.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      01-03-2005 10:47 AM #144
      Ouch! Sorry to hear about your injury. You must not have needed all that blood anyway

5. 01-03-2005 10:51 AM #145
      Quote, originally posted by thebunnyrabbit »
      Who was at the house? Man I need to come home...always missin out on visitors.

It was just Jamie's GTI, he was on a bike ride.

"Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty" ----- Jacob Bronowski
      "I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -----Thomas Jefferson

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-03-2005 10:57 AM #146
      Quote, originally posted by JKnowledge »

It was just Jamie's GTI, he was on a bike ride.

Well I even miss that little Q ueer!! Ooooh I found a great little site for wheels this morning!!!!!

7. 01-03-2005 11:26 AM #147
      Quote, originally posted by RabbitsKin »
      You must not have needed all that blood anyway

Its sort of like Medieval blood letting, you just have to get rid of the bad blood sometimes. I was a bit worried until we got it to stop, it was bleeding pretty profusely, and I was still halfway up the side of the mountain. We got it to stop though, and I was able to finish the ride. It was easier to get on my bike and try and ride down then to try and walk it. I was in the ER for 3-4 hours waiting to get stitched up. I guess everyone was taking advantage of the nice weather and going out and getting hurt.

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-03-2005 11:34 AM #148
      Who was with you?

9. 01-03-2005 11:36 AM #149
      Joe, Jamie, Frank, Pam, and a couple that came out from Foggy Bottom that we had met that morning.

10. 01-03-2005 03:13 PM #150
      This is exactly why I prefer the stationary bikes and horseback riding. I guess I like the thought of the horse doing the work and me just hitching a ride

Maybe when the weather gets nicer we should all go on a float trip down the river - could be fun

11. 01-03-2005 03:19 PM #151
      Cool, I have never done the rear rotors on a MKIII VR car, I didn't realize the bearings were pressed into the rotors. I will ask around and see where a good place to have that done would be.

If you know of a machine shop in the area, that is what he needs. I don't know of any in the Winchester area. The bearings on the rears don't get pressed in, just the races.(I've had to replace mine on my rear disks twice) They also have bearing packing machines at most good machine shops as well, they make things sooo much easier.

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-03-2005 03:33 PM #152
      Our friend Billy works at a machine shop in Winchester over behind the GE plant off of Valley. We go there all the time. Ask Jeff(JKnowledge) all about it.

13. 01-03-2005 04:14 PM #153
      Our friend Billy works at a machine shop in Winchester over behind the GE plant off of Valley. We go there all the time. Ask Jeff(JKnowledge) all about it.

Sweet! Will they P&P heads over there? Jeff!? Anyone!?

14. 01-03-2005 04:18 PM #154
      Quote, originally posted by rednekdubbin »
      Sweet! Will they P&P heads over there? Jeff!? Anyone!?

They only do large contract work, not piecemeal.

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-03-2005 04:20 PM #155
      I'm sure they can do just about anything. But you'll have to wait for Jeff to answer that question cause the machine shop is a whole new world to me. I go over there and it like they are speaking another language!! I leave all the technical stuff to the boyz!!

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-03-2005 04:24 PM #156

Well...my bad guess I was wrong. I just go there to visit anyways!!

17. 01-03-2005 04:32 PM #157
      Quote, originally posted by notatuner »
      I was in town this weekend and saw not a single tuned VW

Where is everyone?

I actually drove my 337 this weekend too. I gave her hell for two days. No she goes to sleep for a while.

18. 01-03-2005 04:36 PM #158
      I leave all the technical stuff to the boyz!!

girls.

19. 01-03-2005 04:38 PM #159

Looks like ill have to get a hundred heads together. Hahaha.

Back to the search.

P.S. stallinbenji, I can press races at my house if you need me too, I can pack bearings too, or at least show you how.

20. 01-03-2005 04:41 PM #160
      I've been told that the NAPA on Loudon street does a good job a decking heads, I dont know if they can handle a P&P or not.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      01-04-2005 08:52 AM #161
      NAPA is where I'm taking my head when it gets reconditioned. I called around and they came highly recommended. After talking to them, they may be good-ole-boys, but they know what they're talking about, and the prices seemed reasonable to me.

22. 01-04-2005 08:56 AM #162
      Same here. I have a 1.6L diesel head that I am having them recondition. My friend that works at the machine shop briefly discussed yesterday also highly recommends them.

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-05-2005 11:20 AM #163
      Bump 4 Winchester!

24. 01-05-2005 11:36 AM #164
      BTW, are there any VW shops still in/near Winchester? I know the one over by Pep Boys/Jubal Early isn't around anymore, and I didn't even see much activity at PTG when I drove past.

25. 01-05-2005 11:49 AM #165
      not that i know of, I met Arthur at the place behind Pep Boys like a week before they closed. Now the only shop I know of that will work on my vw is the one at my house I really wish that i had a lift.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      01-05-2005 12:54 PM #166
      Is Chicklo on Rt. 11 South still open? It looks awfully empty when I drive by. There used to be a guy on Rt. 11 north too, who ran a repair shop behind his house.

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-05-2005 12:54 PM #167
      I know Arthur and a couple of my other friends do work on their cars in a garage they rent. I've heard NEVER go to the dearlership. I have stumbled across some places in West VA that do VW stuff. Like this place I found on the way to The Charlestown Race Track.

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-05-2005 12:55 PM #168
      Quote, originally posted by RabbitsKin »
      Is Chicklo on Rt. 11 South still open? It looks awfully empty when I drive by. There used to be a guy on Rt. 11 north too, who ran a repair shop behind his house.

Chicklo got shut down and they stopped doing VW stuff a LONG time ago, way before they shut down!!

29. 01-05-2005 01:41 PM #169
      I know Arthur and a couple of my other friends do work on their cars in a garage they rent. I've heard NEVER go to the dearlership. I have stumbled across some places in West VA that do VW stuff. Like this place I found on the way to The Charlestown Race Track.

i know where you're talking about...it's a euro shop on rt.9 toward charles town....it has a big BMW sign out front and always has some sort of VW parked there....never taken my car there tho...maybe i should....there is also a place in inwood where i have taken my car before but never will again...it's called import professionals or something....they wanted to charge me like $700 including labor for a radiator rplacement....

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-05-2005 01:52 PM #170
      Damn dude skrew that!!! Yeah I went up to that place, if we are talking about the same place(off Rt. 9). They had this awesome lime green rabbit pick up!! I went to ask about it and the dude was like no it's not for sale, all quick like!! He was kinda weird, like he had been working on foriegn cars for a long while!!! Don't know what their prices are like though. I just wanted the pickup...

31. 01-05-2005 01:58 PM #171
      He was kinda weird, like he had been working on foriegn cars for a long while!!!

They'll do that to you

32. 01-05-2005 02:01 PM #172
      Damn dude skrew that!!! Yeah I went up to that place, if we are talking about the same place(off Rt. 9). They had this awesome lime green rabbit pick up!! I went to ask about it and the dude was like no it's not for sale, all quick like!! He was kinda weird, like he had been working on foriegn cars for a long while!!! Don't know what their prices are like though. I just wanted the pickup...

yeah, i've that caddy driving around martinsburg, it's a nice looking truck, the guy who drives it seems pretty cool tho...always gives a wave when i see him in my jetta....

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-05-2005 02:08 PM #173
      Quote, originally posted by notatuner »

They'll do that to you

So I see....look at all my friends!! HAHAHA!! I like all the weird, old, guys/gals at shows...that is gonna be us one day!!!

34. 01-05-2005 02:14 PM #174

So I see....look at all my friends!! HAHAHA!! I like all the weird, old, guys/gals at shows...that is gonna be us one day!!!

but instead of bugs and vans we'll be the old people showing off our jetta's, gti's, cabby's, etc while those crazy young kids get w/e is new at the time...

Vehicles
      '98 Cabrio, '99 Passat
      01-05-2005 02:27 PM #175
      Hmmmmm I wonder what VW/Audi will look like in the future. I don't really like the body style of the Newer cars. They are starting to somewhat resemble hondas. It's kinda scary.

Page 5 of 568 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast