VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Official R32 Spotted Thread

1M views 8K replies 2K participants last post by  jezign 
#1 ·
This is something that I have wanted to do for a while, given the closeness of our forum. With that said, I also have to think of the site as a whole, because if I do one here then other people are going to want one also. No one likes being told "no" if someone else is allowed to do/have the same thing.

I will create this temporarily and then eventualyl merge it into the FAQ. I will post a link in the FAQ to this thread and then subsequently unsticky this thread from the top of the forum.
With that said, post in here if you spotted a fellow R32 owner.

Enjoy,
- Anthony

See less See more
#1,261 ·
Re: (VW_Phil)

so i'm driving up Beach Blvd coming into HB, going west right before the 405 brige that goes over beach, and i see this Reflex Silver Golf ahead of me
something inside me (or maybe my own .:R32 wispering to me) said that's an .:R32, so as i speed up to catch it and confirm, it gets on the 405 (N) ramp. i really think it had the dual exhaust rear bumper, and like i said i felt something, too bad i couldn't catch up in time to say Hello. well if "you" were driving a RS .:R32 getting on the 405 (N) from Beach (W), then CHEERS fellow vdubber

#1,266 ·
Re: I95 Southbound between Philly and Wilmington (Vr32oom)

Quote, originally posted by Vr32oom »
At my school NJIT, on fifth or sixth floor of parking deck, there is a DBP R32 parked all the time, if u see this we should meet up man, shoot me an im sometime. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Yeah man thats my R. Hit me up,

#1,271 ·
Re: Official R32 Spotted Thread (VAsteve)

DBP .:R32, last night on the 22E near Euclid/Harbor about 9ish PM. Cheers bro

I was heading over to pick up some friends for the dubfest preparty in hollywood, and while heading to the 5N on the 22E i saw your .:R a little ways back. you looked mostly stock. good seein you around
PEAS

#1,273 ·
Re: Official R32 Spotted Thread (LittleRedintheHood)

Quote, originally posted by LittleRedintheHood »
i saw a pearl blue headed north on 35w on my way to work this morning...in my rearview after i had to smoke his slowness with my cooper s. here's a tip r32's...it's the pedal on the right. p.s. stay out of the left lane. thanks.

Dumbass, I can smell your envy from a few hundred miles away. Just because we have an R32 doesn't mean we automatically want to drive like a tool, or collect speeding tickets like other people collect stamps. Grow up.
Ronald

#1,274 ·
Re: Official R32 Spotted Thread (BLUL8N)

Quote, originally posted by BLUL8N »

Dumbass, I can smell your envy from a few hundred miles away. Just because we have an R32 doesn't mean we automatically want to drive like a tool, or collect speeding tickets like other people collect stamps. Grow up.
Ronald

You too. And stay on topic please.

#1,275 ·
Re: Official R32 Spotted Thread (shawnpm)

Quote, originally posted by shawnpm »

You too. And stay on topic please.

Ok, you prove that there are are also R32 drivers who like to drive like tools, I guess. So I will explicitly exempt you from the drivers I implicitly included when I wrote my message.
Happy now?
On second thought, why don't you sell your R and get a Cooper S just like LittleRedintheHood, then you can create a new web forum at: http://www.WeLikeToDriveLikeTools.org/
With 50'000 dead on the streets each year, poking fun at people who like to drive at a speed they consider safe and prudent given the circumstances, is sophomoric at best, and using a single's driver's choice adequate speed as an excuse for comments which ridicule an entire class of persons' choice of car is plain idiotic.
Ronald

#1,276 ·

actually, i'm generally more concerned about the other people on the motorways. and the reality of the situation is that some people make it and some people don't. so stray out of the fast lane if you ain't gonna go fast. and by the way, cars are tools. if you want to drive like a geriatric you should head over to the golf forums or maybe there is a nice saturn forum for you. i hear there are some sweet mods you can do to those new saturns. maybe rims and a spoiler!

and as far as envy goes...my man has one of your precious golfs. and i agree, it's a fun drive. but it ain't no bmw!

#1,277 ·

actually, i'm generally more concerned about the other people on the motorways. and the reality of the situation is that some people make it and some people don't.

If you were concerned about the other people, you'd not confuse the difference between a race track and a highway.
so stray out of the fast lane if you ain't gonna go fast. and by the way, cars are tools. if you want to drive like a geriatric you should head over to the golf forums or maybe there is a nice saturn forum for you. i hear there are some sweet mods you can do to those new saturns. maybe rims and a spoiler!

and as far as envy goes...
my man has one of your precious golfs.

Thanks for that sentence. That just about confirms your age...
You drive and write your age, which why it would be better if we had 18 as drinking and 21 as driving age...
and i agree, it's a fun drive.

glad we agree on *something*
but it ain't no bmw!

Thanks God! My last car was a BMW. A rather wealthy friend of mine traded in his 750 for a Phaeton. BMW's build quality isn't what it used to be, and VW's has made huge improvements, at least in the European built ones.
Of course, if you pray to the God of Brand Prestige, it may take a few years until the public catches on that at this point VAG may make the better cars, but hey, so be it, because when that happens, the price will catch up, too.
The idea of a bargain is to see value where the general perception hasn't seen it yet, that's how you buy below the price one would expect for a particular type of product. There's a reason why the R32 was so much more expensive in other parts of the world: there people don't say "it's just a Golf...", but "It's a Golf!!!!"
A car is only mechanics: if it works reliably, that's all that counts, not the brand.
(And besides, a Cooper S is no BMW either, or else the R32 is a Bugatti, at least it's a blue, AWD sports car...)
Ronald

#1,278 ·

are you sure it's not bmw? last time i checked it was all bmw from top to bottom, except for the stg 3 dinan.
and just out of curiosity...why do you have 241 hp if you're afraid to use it?
drivers wanted? http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif let's motor! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#1,280 ·

are you sure it's not bmw? last time i checked it was all bmw from top to bottom, except for the stg 3 dinan.

Mini is a separate car company, which is OWNED by BMW, and uses BMW parts.
Just like Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, SEAT, Bugatti, Bentley, etc. are owned by VAG and use common parts.
But just because Bugatti uses VAG parts doesn't make my R32 a Bugatti, even if it has AWD and is blue. Similarly, a Mini is just that: a Mini, not a BMW, even if the company is owned by BMW and the car uses BMW parts.

and just out of curiosity...why do you have 241 hp if you're afraid to use it?

I'm not afraid to use the 250hp the US R32 has, but I use them where it's safe to do so, and certainly I don't poke fun at people who for whatever reason deem it appropriate to drive more slowly than I might in a certain situation. People may be tired, have a head ache, be distracted by a variety of things, have a different assessment of the current traffic situation or likelihood of radar traps, fuel consumption (in case you didn't notice, fuel prices went up like 30% over the last few months, a good reason to be easy on the throttle) etc. all of which will determine their speed, and it's just bad taste to mock their judgement.
Now if someone intentionally blocks the passing lane or otherwise tries to enforce "the law" on their own device, that's a totally different issue, and something that would piss me off quite a bit.
But let people drive at their own speed, they have a reason why they drive the way they do.
Besides, the point of having power isn't to use it all the times, it's to have reserves, to be able to step on it, and get out of harm's way, if need be. I don't slam the brakes at each red light either, just because I have brakes with amazing stopping power, and similarly, I don't drive with a lead foot all the time, just because I have a powerful engine in the car. It's not like I need to prove something to anyone.
A car with wider limits means that when I drive the way I feel is fun and comfortable, I'm driving less close to the limits of the machine's capabilities, which means I have a bigger safety margin. It's not the point of daily driving to push the performance envelope of a car all the time, that's what a race track is for. A car is no video game.

drivers wanted? http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif let's motor! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to the latter..
Ronald
PS: what happened to all the Providence area R32? For a while I saw a couple of blue ones, a red one and a sliver one with quite some regularity. Now it seems like I'm the only one on the street. Did everyone put their cars into long term storage, or what? The last time I saw an R other than my own was when I had my car at the dealership for an oil change, and someone else had their red one in for service, too.

Modified by BLUL8N at 6:18 PM 9-19-2005

#1,283 ·

Quote, originally posted by BLUL8N »

I'm not afraid to use the 250hp the US R32 has, but I use them where it's safe to do so, and certainly I don't poke fun at people who for whatever reason deem it appropriate to drive more slowly than I might in a certain situation. People may be tired, have a head ache, be distracted by a variety of things, have a different assessment of the current traffic situation or likelihood of radar traps, fuel consumption (in case you didn't notice, fuel prices went up like 30% over the last few months, a good reason to be easy on the throttle) etc. all of which will determine their speed, and it's just bad taste to mock their judgement.
Now if someone intentionally blocks the passing lane or otherwise tries to enforce "the law" on their own device, that's a totally different issue, and something that would piss me off quite a bit.
But let people drive at their own speed, they have a reason why they drive the way they do.
Besides, the point of having power isn't to use it all the times, it's to have reserves, to be able to step on it, and get out of harm's way, if need be. I don't slam the brakes at each red light either, just because I have brakes with amazing stopping power, and similarly, I don't drive with a lead foot all the time, just because I have a powerful engine in the car. It's not like I need to prove something to anyone.
A car with wider limits means that when I drive the way I feel is fun and comfortable, I'm driving less close to the limits of the machine's capabilities, which means I have a bigger safety margin. It's not the point of daily driving to push the performance envelope of a car all the time, that's what a race track is for. A car is no video game.

seriously though...you're a driver's ed. teacher, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.