Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 292 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: "World of Warcraft" Players

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta TDI
      01-03-2005 03:55 PM #1
      i've been a fan of blizzard games since the first warcraft came out... now with the real time RPG "world of warcraft" out, there is so much game.

any players out there???

c.b.s.

Contact me if you have VCDS requests in New England (2006+ only)

2. 01-03-2005 04:07 PM #2
      my copy just arrived

<.<;;

/feels sick and goes home

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta TDI
      01-03-2005 04:14 PM #3
      i'm at work right now, you have no idea how tempting it is to "not feel too well"
      c.b.s.

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      01-03-2005 05:55 PM #4
      My toons:

Skullcrusher
      Lvl 18 Human Warrior - Lyssa
      Lvl 12 Night Elf Rogue - Kulok
      Lvl 7 Gnome Warlock - Kissan

Deathwing
      Lvl 7 Tauren Hunter - Kulok

I got it for Christmas and I play constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      I just want to know why OP thought making a thread in The Car Lounge would help him in any way... We've got a bunch of dudes telling him to "pepper his angus," and an insurance agent who just made a 2:30 appointment to **** someones wife. Classic TCL.

5. 01-03-2005 06:14 PM #5
      Everyone I know is already like maxed out levels >_<

...and I will never play another MMORPG as long as I live, I enjoy having a life.

Vehicles
      92 VR-T syncro GTI, 2011 husaberg FS570, 2014 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC
      01-03-2005 08:15 PM #6
      level 34 night elf druid.

I've solo'd the game so far. I'm hoping i can make it to level 60 as a solo player.

7. 01-04-2005 02:40 PM #7
      Level 7 Night Elf Hunter

<.<;;

I'm gonna have to give up either Wow or FF11 eventually (in about a month or two).

T.T

Not enough time in the day for both.

8. 01-04-2005 03:05 PM #8
      I picked up a copy at Best Buy 20 min. ago on my lunch brake.

I'll try to get the game going tonight.

9. 01-05-2005 05:03 PM #9
      Tapaidh, level 17 Night Elf Hunter on Deathwing, about it so far, they'll be many other alts down the line.

10. 01-07-2005 12:45 PM #10
      I actually got sick

fun game ^^

"MMORPG lite"

more gaming, less timesink

Props to Blizzard ... I'm still playing Final Fantasy 11 but I'll never look at being LFG the same again.

Only time you need to group up is when you're doing a harder quest/instance/whatever (I'm a noobie), otherwise you can supposedly solo the whole way through.

and crafting is quite a bit less painful as well ... you can get drops for your craft fairly easily and they skillup at a decent rate.

11. 01-07-2005 01:19 PM #11
      I got it for Christmas. It's my 1st MMORPG. I'm really enjoying it so far! Right now I am a lvl 14 Tauren Shaman named Nighthealer. I have a young family so I only get to play a few hours every couple of days.

12. 01-07-2005 03:43 PM #12
      pitchblack = lvl 28 tauren shaman on silvermoon server.

I hate most mmorpg's like everquest(playted for 3 days before quitting) but WoW is basically diablo2 meets warcraft 2 meets mmorph, basically it's digital crack!

Vehicles
      '96 240sx, '08 evo, '12 boss
      01-07-2005 07:01 PM #13
      yeah, i have it. I generally don't like online rpg's too much, but i decided to give wow a try, and it's not too bad at all.

Unfortunately, it is a pretty time consuming affair. When you get to the higher levels, playing a whole day in the weekend gets you only 1-2 levels. To make matters worse, traveling across areas to do run errands often takes a but too much time. It also kinda sucks that you can only carry very limited amount of stuff around, so you have to check back into town often. I really wish they incorporated a 'town portal' thingie from Diablo or whatever.

Right now I have three characters, a lvl 22 tauren hunter, a lvl 6 undead warlock. and a lvl 10 human warrior. You can also choose diff proffessions as well. For the Tauren, I'm also a skinner, and leather armour maker. It gives me a good amount of additional income, and I get good leather armour without having to pay cash for it.

I think it's a good game in that it's one of the more fun and refined online rpg's out there, and it should be worth a lot of hours of fun.

On a side note, blizzard is really anal with the character naming process. I named my tauren 'senorperez', and my human 'revolucion', but both names were removed, b/c supposedly they were ethnic. Fortunately, they did not rename my tauren hunter's pet name, which is 'cerroton' (which prob is a lot more offensive name ironically)

Vehicles
      01-07-2005 08:18 PM #14
      Quote, originally posted by ronaldmcdonald »

To make matters worse, traveling across areas to do run errands often takes a but too much time.

with time traveling gets faster. with my druid i have travel form and it makes things alot faster.

It also kinda sucks that you can only carry very limited amount of stuff around, so you have to check back into town often.

save your money and go to the auction house. I have 3- 12 item bags, 1- 14 item bag, and 1-16 item bag. = 66 slots

I really wish they incorporated a 'town portal' thingie from Diablo or whatever.

its called a hearthstone, and its in your inventory set it to a major city (mine is set to iron forge). You can then travel back to auction house very quickly, as well as a place with lots of vendors. I also have every flight path open, and that saves a lot of time for me.

15. 01-09-2005 07:37 PM #15
      thomyorke, human warrior, argent dawn
      reihenmotr, undead warlock, mannoroth

Vehicles
      2011 Kink Gap Xl, 2000 Haro Blammo,'08 Gti
      01-09-2005 10:47 PM #16
      i may have to pick this up while i'm waiting for the MAtrix Online game to come out

Vehicles
      Not a VW
      01-10-2005 04:06 AM #17
      very addicting game. i now have no life besides work, sleep and WoW. haha. so sad.

Audomatik, LVL 11 Undead Warlock, Bleeding Hollow server

Quote Originally Posted by elementpb View Post
      I'd hit it. I've done worse. Hell, don't tell my girlfriend, but I'm doing worse right now.
      Quantity>quality. there. i said it. gimme 20 fugly bitches and a bottle of tequila and I'll show you how to have a good time.
      I take the "the" out of psychotherapist

Vehicles
      Audi TTQ, Touraeg, Passat
      01-10-2005 11:04 AM #18
      this game is horrible ... I was going to install my big turbo kit in december and guess what I ended up with ... freakin lvl 31 elf hunter.

/ played

4 days, 10 hours = 106 hours in one month ... thats more then 2 normal work weeks.

Its the first game I installed on my home computer in 2 years and it was a big mistake. Very very good though

19. 01-10-2005 11:40 AM #19
      I was a big Evercrack player about 3 years ago...then I couldn't stand it as a lvl 45 Dorf Warrior...cause soloing was pointless...and having to bascially play 4+ hours just to get a raid together....so I said I'd never play another MMORPG again.... then....WoW happened..

dammit... had it 2 days... played about 14 hours.

But at least My Dorf Warrior can solo again

20. 01-10-2005 12:55 PM #20
      Started a while ago, had computer problems and couldn't play for weeks. Finally got back in.

I have a level 18 Undead Rogue on the Stormreaver server. Baronik

Also created a new Troll Hunter called Babaganoosh (MXC fans should like this) and I'm thinking of creating a druid too (my friend has one, COOL!)

21. 01-10-2005 01:07 PM #21
      Lvl 20 Troll Rogue named Moonsammy on Tichondrius. Dabbled with some of the other classes too. I was an old EQ geek for way too many years. This is an awesome game and I like the lightheartedness of it. I work alot now, so it's nice to have a game that you don't have to be on 8 hours to get anything done. They did an awesome job of balancing out the classes.

Modified by VWchicago at 3:27 PM 1-11-2005

Vehicles
      01-10-2005 02:22 PM #22
      Quote, originally posted by VWchicago »
      They did an awesome job of balancing out the classes.

unless you are a mage.

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta TDI
      01-10-2005 04:10 PM #23
      i've been playing since xmas, but i have to work too so don't get that much time on it, i'm a lvl 14 human warrior named tigerheart in the feathermoon realm
      c.b.s.

Vehicles
      '07 RS4 & '03 Jetta Wagon 1.8T
      01-10-2005 04:16 PM #24
      Server: Mannoroth

"Shokk" = 39 Orc Warrior
      "Shockwave" = 6 Troll Priest

the great thing about WoW is that you can make progress even if you only play a few hours per week. The rested XP bonus (double XP) is great. I've had the game since release and it will definately draw you in. There is just so much stuff to to do, you never feel like you're at a stopping point Luckly for me I have some regular weekly RL events that keep me from being too dedicated to the game., and I have a dog which forces me to go outside for at least a little while every day Many of my guild mates are in the low-to-mid 50's and we all started playing the same day

Modified by ShockWaveVT at 4:17 PM 1-10-2005

Vehicles
      2011 Kink Gap Xl, 2000 Haro Blammo,'08 Gti
      01-10-2005 07:22 PM #25
      so before I go buy this, do I have to pay to play online? what's the deal

Vehicles
      01-10-2005 08:28 PM #26
      Quote, originally posted by MFZERO »
      so before I go buy this, do I have to pay to play online? what's the deal

yes you have to pay a mnthly fee.
      you probably wont find it in any store. They've stopped production on it until they have all their server issues straightened out.

and for all the WoW geeks.... I just sold a drop for 20G

27. 01-10-2005 08:30 PM #27
      Oh yeah, I have to mention this. If you're a druid and you get some help from a rogue, don't thank him by casting Thorns on him. It ruins many of the rogue's abilities.

Vehicles
      2006 VW GTI 2.0t
      01-11-2005 02:43 PM #28
      WoW is great entry level MMO game. The fact you can solo yourself up to level cap is really not the spirit of an MMOG but for the casual gamer it works I guess. Have to ask though, what's the point of playing "multiplayer" when you can easily solo? Why not just go play any 1 player RPG? Sure there are some epic mobs in the game which require groups but who needs them when any retard can level grind themselves to cap? To me it takes away the entire feeling of pride of building your character, but people all play for different reasons. Personally I dislike the game, the PvP was the only draw for me and it's broken and pointless. It was that way in beta and they did nothing to fix it despite what just about every long term beta tester was telling them. The classes were not balanced properly for open PvP, so instead they made busted open PvP servers and battlegrounds. I'm glad to hear people are enjoying it though and getting into the MMORPG genre.
      A brave man's weapon is his heart.

29. 01-11-2005 03:26 PM #29
      I completely disagree with you. Being a long term Everquest player. I'm glad WoW is playable alone. There's nothing more frustrating in a busy life, then wanting to get online and play a game only to find out your gang isn't there or that you have to commit 8 hours to "do a raid". I hated all the standing around waiting for others to get their crap together, when I could be out running around improving my character alone. And then, aw yes...I played a warrior...which meant you honestly couldn't even play alone in the mid to high levels because you'd spend half of your time resting. The solo capability and the lack of downtime are a huge reason why this is the fastest selling MMORPG ever.

Vehicles
      01-11-2005 04:48 PM #30
      this is my first MMORPG and I love it ... pretty much soloed my way to 31 with the exception of the elite quests.

I am never idle or never without anything to do. if my quest list is small then I upgrade my professions or go to the Auction house to look for new stuff.

Vehicles
      2006 VW GTI 2.0t
      01-11-2005 04:52 PM #31
      Then I present you again with the question... Why play a MMOG when you can simply solo? And the reason I ask this question is because I asked it of myself when trying to decide whether or not to buy this game when it officially released.

In WoW beta (before it was totally open), I was at the level cap inside of 4.5-5 weeks with my Tauren warrior and basically completely out of content before the game ever released. I also work 8AM - 6-7PM every weekday and have plenty of time on weekends for throwing wrenches at my VWs. So I managed to do that while not losing my entire life or even making a dent in my sleep schedule. So tell me, what kind of end game has WoW presented if you've reached level cap? Besides getting into broken PvP encounters, what will you do now with your lvl 60 toon? The content is just not there for me, and please realize that I'm not saying WoW is a bad game... I'm just saying for anyone spending a good amount of time on the game can and will run out of things to do, very fast. And for me, if I'm going to play solo, I'd rather pick up a single player RPG on PS2 and at least have a good story to follow. For the extremely hardcore gamer... well they are all unemployed and living at home so ignore them anyhow.

I will stand by what I said, and I think in a way, based on your post you are slightly agreeing with me whether you think so or not... WoW is a great entry level / casual gamer (read: BUSY LIFE) MMOG. That's what they set out to do and they did it... but it wasn't for me. Has a low learning curve, I loved the graphics, I love warcraft and I think they did many things right. The questing was done well too... but the simple fact you can blow through the game, blind folded with one arm tied behind your back is just.. bleh... I like having more pride in my character than that and I can afford the time.

So bottom line is there's not really anything to disagree on... because I'm not saying it's bad that you can solo but it's not for me. Different MMOGS for different geeks. I'm thrilled the game is selling well and many people are playing too... because it means more interest in MMOGs and more jobs for many of my pals who work in the industry or are trying to.

As for EQ.. please... please.... don't mention it. The downtimes in that game were freekin insane. They've done a lot to improve that in EQII if you haven't played it. Too bad they rushed it out the door ahead of schedule though. Often times it felt like a pay beta. When SOE jerks more change out of all their subscriber's pockets for an expansion which will basically be incorporating all the things they should have had in the original package with their initial release date... it should get interesting.

Vehicles
      '07 RS4 & '03 Jetta Wagon 1.8T
      01-12-2005 12:32 AM #32
      Quote, originally posted by Volkscience »
      Then I present you again with the question... Why play a MMOG when you can simply solo? And the reason I ask this question is because I asked it of myself when trying to decide whether or not to buy this game when it officially released.

Because sometimes its fun to group. Being able to do both is what makes WoW so much fun. You can play solo at your convenience but when it comes time to complete quests against elite creeps you basically have to group if you want to complete those quests when they are level-appropriate. WoW is flexible and that is what makes it great. I can log on for an hour and get some random solo stuff done one night. The next day I can group with my guild for 3 elite quests in a row. The following day I can join a raid group and go pummell alliance scum The solo aspect is only one aspect. The group stuff is still a very big part of WoW and very fun too.

Quote »

In WoW beta (before it was totally open), I was at the level cap inside of 4.5-5 weeks with my Tauren warrior and basically completely out of content before the game ever released. I also work 8AM - 6-7PM every weekday and have plenty of time on weekends for throwing wrenches at my VWs. So I managed to do that while not losing my entire life or even making a dent in my sleep schedule.
      [quote]

OK so you capped in the Closed Beta in 5 weeks, playing a maximum of 30-40 hours per week? Somehow I don't think so. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believ you, so that I can remind you that the Closed Beta content was far from complete.

[quote]
      So tell me, what kind of end game has WoW presented if you've reached level cap? Besides getting into broken PvP encounters, what will you do now with your lvl 60 toon? The content is just not there for me, and please realize that I'm not saying WoW is a bad game... I'm just saying for anyone spending a good amount of time on the game can and will run out of things to do, very fast.

You ran out of things to do? I guess you killed Oxnynia? Oh wait nobody has done that yet... oh and it requires a 40 person group.. all lvl 60... oops. There is TONS of top-end content you just didnt stick around long enough to see it implemented. I expect more to be added as time goes on, just like any other MMORPG. The PvP system is being fixed, and Battlegrounds (instanced Alliance vs Horde fights) will be in the next large patch.

Quote »

And for me, if I'm going to play solo, I'd rather pick up a single player RPG on PS2 and at least have a good story to follow.

Maybe you were so busying solo grinding your way to level 60 that you missed all the different interwoven story lines that the quests give you? And I guess you never stopped to read the books in the Scarlet Monestary Library.. there's lots of background story for you there.

Quote »

For the extremely hardcore gamer... well they are all unemployed and living at home so ignore them anyhow.

I will stand by what I said, and I think in a way, based on your post you are slightly agreeing with me whether you think so or not... WoW is a great entry level / casual gamer (read: BUSY LIFE) MMOG. That's what they set out to do and they did it... but it wasn't for me. Has a low learning curve, I loved the graphics, I love warcraft and I think they did many things right. The questing was done well too... but the simple fact you can blow through the game, blind folded with one arm tied behind your back is just.. bleh... I like having more pride in my character than that and I can afford the time.

Seriously your view of the game is skewed by your Closed Beta experiences. The learning curve may be low, but like many things WoW is easy to learn but difficult to master. WoW also has things targeted at both casual and hardcore gamers. There is PLENTY of stuff for hardcore gamers to do in WoW, and like I said earlier you didnt stick around long enough to see it.

As far as taking pride in your character, if the time it takes to level is all thats important to you, I suggest you check out FFXI . Personally I'll stick to mastering difficult dungeons with my guildmates, and beating the crap out of Alliance players in Battlegrounds, all while not having to waste countless hours grinding and repop camping.

Quote »

So bottom line is there's not really anything to disagree on... because I'm not saying it's bad that you can solo but it's not for me. Different MMOGS for different geeks. I'm thrilled the game is selling well and many people are playing too... because it means more interest in MMOGs and more jobs for many of my pals who work in the industry or are trying to.

agreed, different people are going to like different games. I just dont think you've got an accurate view of WoW-retail on which to base your judgement of the game.

Quote »

As for EQ.. please... please.... don't mention it. The downtimes in that game were freekin insane. They've done a lot to improve that in EQII if you haven't played it. Too bad they rushed it out the door ahead of schedule though. Often times it felt like a pay beta. When SOE jerks more change out of all their subscriber's pockets for an expansion which will basically be incorporating all the things they should have had in the original package with their initial release date... it should get interesting.

if you don't play WoW and you don't play EQ2 what do you play? FFXI ?

Modified by ShockWaveVT at 12:35 AM 1-12-2005

Vehicles
      2006 VW GTI 2.0t
      01-12-2005 10:28 AM #33
      Currently I am playing EQ2, but let's not get into comparisons because I'm not going to defend EQ2... it's has it's "broken" moments, more than I care to mention and I'm weeell aware of it. But, a lot of my pals are playing and people I gamed with a lot back in previous games. I am enjoying it so far but I'm taking it slow and no rush since I'm sure by the time the first expansions start hitting shelves I'll be rolling up a new character anyhow. I may check out WoW again eventually but like I said previous, the only true draw for me is PvP and there are other games coming out (supposedly) which appear to be implementing a TRUE open PvP experience and building the entire game around that concept. Only time will tell.

I'll stay far far away from FFXI and Lineage II thank ya very much. I didn't say I liked a pointless level grind and walking around with a LFG flag for weeks I just liked a epic feeling gaming experience with plenty of quest options and end game options. Hence why I'm taking it slow for EQII because it cracks me up to see people who hit 50 already in that game running around trying to complete quests they should've done when they were 20. EQII has yet to really do much for end game either but I knew it would take me a lot longer to get there.

Modified by Volkscience at 10:30 AM 1-12-2005

34. 01-12-2005 11:21 AM #34
      Quote, originally posted by Volkscience »
      I'll stay far far away from FFXI and Lineage II thank ya very much. I didn't say I liked a pointless level grind and walking around with a LFG flag for weeks

do you have to be so hurtful

/signed 45 thief 42 warrior 50 paladin 66 ninja 41 ranger etc etc

lfg was the way to be in FF

T.T

it just seemed normal until i played Wow

01-13-2005 02:08 AM #35
      You don't think so, check the stats on the realms. On PVE, its easily 5-1 for all/horde. For PVP, its more like 2.5-1, i have yet to see anyone say its even close to being 1-1. We all know, PVE, with the honor system, its basically unethically hard to get kills when you're getting outnumbbered by a mob of alliance kiddies. Where as on a pvp server, its just rediculously hard to hit 60 when you're in the low 50s cause Blizzard believes its "honorable to gank someone 9 lvls below you". Bottom line, regardless of your sever type, alliance will easily outnumber horde

example of a pve server, Eonar lvl 50-60s players
      Total Characters: 2,796
      Showing Guild: All
      Total Alliance: 2,189 - 78%
      Total Horde: 607 - 22%
      A to H Ratio: 3.6 : 1
      Activity Ratio: 2.7 : 1

ex of pvp server stormreaver lvl 50-60s players
      Total Characters: 4,711
      Showing Guild: All
      Total Alliance: 2,643 - 56%
      Total Horde: 2,068 - 44%