1. 02-18-2005 09:49 AM #106
      Quote, originally posted by GSTGuy »
      Does it cost extra for each character?

I think you may have up to 10 per server, I use 4

Vehicles
      Audi TTQ, Touraeg, Passat
      02-18-2005 10:06 AM #107
      Quote, originally posted by grilledpickle »
      My current class (hunter) doesn't seem like it will be all that effective at lvl 60 (I'm 48 right now)

why would you say that? I am at 42 and just relearned my talents and switched gear.

every 3rd ranged hit now is a crit with 350+ damage. Then I have the aimed shot with 400 damage. Every 2nd or 3rd mob I have a crit of 750+.

Now this is up more then 50% from before relearning my talents. So choosing the right things for you matters a lot.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      02-18-2005 10:07 AM #108
      How many races / classes are there? Can you list them out or are they available in text form somewhere (don't like a lot of pictures when I'm surfing at work ).
      Misanthrope extraordinaire

Vehicles
      '07 RS4 & '03 Jetta Wagon 1.8T
      02-18-2005 11:38 AM #109
      With one account you get up to 50 characters, with a max of 10 per server. (there is about 90 servers to pick from)

Then there are 2 factions, each with 4 races to pick from.. Alliance and Horde

Alliance includes Humans, Night Elves, Dwarves, and Gnomes.
      Horde includes Orcs, Forsaken (undead), Tauren, and Trolls.

BTW, there are two server types. PvE (player vs environment) and PvP (player vs player). On PvP servers members of the other faction can attack you at will unless you're in one of your factions "home" (starting zones). This means that if you're doing a quest you not only have to watch out for NPC monsters, but also members of the opposing faction. PvE you have to specifically enable your PvP 'flag' to fight the other faction. Both types of servers will someday be getting the Battlegrounds instances where Horde & Alliance will face off in specific zones designed for PvP.

Classes are limited depending on which race you choose, but here's the complete listing.
      Warrior
      Paladin (alliance only)
      Shaman (Horde only)
      Rogue
      Hunter
      Druid (Night Elf & Tauren only)
      Warlock
      Mage
      Priest

Vehicles
      CVPI, Golf powered Vanagon. Etc.
      02-18-2005 03:15 PM #110
      Quote, originally posted by chaugner »

why would you say that? I am at 42 and just relearned my talents and switched gear.

every 3rd ranged hit now is a crit with 350+ damage. Then I have the aimed shot with 400 damage. Every 2nd or 3rd mob I have a crit of 750+.

Now this is up more then 50% from before relearning my talents. So choosing the right things for you matters a lot.

Yeah I just respeced to marksman too

I have just heard that the closer the hunter gets to 60, the less groups want them. I dunno, its hard for the pet to hold the aggro when we do all those crits for that much damage. Don't get me wrong, I love the class and will never get rid of the character, but I am afraid before too long it wont be my main anymore.

DCI Ambassador

Vehicles
      02-18-2005 04:38 PM #111

I have just heard that the closer the hunter gets to 60, the less groups want them. I dunno, its hard for the pet to hold the aggro when we do all those crits for that much damage. Don't get me wrong, I love the class and will never get rid of the character, but I am afraid before too long it wont be my main anymore.

thats actually true ... after I had relearned my first steo is to send in the pet, do the stunning shot and then wait 3 seconds for the next shot. Otherwise I end up having to melee him.

Whereas before I could just do pet and then just shot without breaks and without looking at what type of shot to use. Now I have to be more careful

7. 02-21-2005 10:38 AM #112

thats actually true ... after I had relearned my first steo is to send in the pet, do the stunning shot and then wait 3 seconds for the next shot. Otherwise I end up having to melee him.

Whereas before I could just do pet and then just shot without breaks and without looking at what type of shot to use. Now I have to be more careful

@45

I send in Pet wait for him to connect then start off with poison sting then autoshot until 3/4 hp then do a arcane

only time I grab aggro is if I land 2 crits right after each other, in which case the mob is mostly dead

That being said I'm gonna try a respec to mostly BM from mostly Marksmanship

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta TDI
      02-21-2005 05:03 PM #113
      Quote, originally posted by Burnin8r »
      so... how much lonmger until diabloIII is ready...?

never... i can imagine they make WAAAY too much money off this game right now, plus they are working on starcraft ghost, D3 won't even be a sparkle in someones eye until probably 2008

c.b.s.

Contact me if you have VCDS requests in New England (2006+ only)

Vehicles
      92 VR-T syncro GTI, 2011 husaberg FS570, 2014 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC
      02-21-2005 05:24 PM #114
      Quote, originally posted by J-J-Jetta »
      never... i can imagine they make WAAAY too much money off this game right now, plus they are working on starcraft ghost, D3 won't even be a sparkle in someones eye until probably 2008

starcraft ghost isn't being developed by blizzard though, its being done by an external developer. Blizzard will announce something at E3 this year i'm sure. Who knows what that'll be though.

Vehicles
      02-22-2005 02:18 PM #115

I have just heard that the closer the hunter gets to 60, the less groups want them.

Hunters can be very useful in the raid zones like Molten Core.

And in PvP they are just about impossible to escape from. stupid concussive shots

Vehicles
      02-22-2005 03:56 PM #116
      Quote, originally posted by ShockWaveVT »

And in PvP they are just about impossible to escape from. stupid concussive shots

Yeah, we can chase almost anyone down. Even those pesky teleporting warlocks.

DCI Ambassador

12. 02-22-2005 04:09 PM #117

Vehicles
      02-22-2005 04:31 PM #118
      just got my new pet last night

named tiger down in the Booty bay zone.

1.5 Attack Speed
      175% speed increase on attack

AND it matches with my mount

14. 02-22-2005 04:57 PM #119
      just got my new pet last night

named tiger down in the Booty bay zone.

1.5 Attack Speed
      175% speed increase on attack

AND it matches with my mount

King Bangalash or Sin'Dall? or something else?
      I plan on grabbing King Bangalash in a lvl or two.

Vehicles
      02-22-2005 05:53 PM #120
      Quote, originally posted by codex »

King Bangalash or Sin'Dall? or something else?
      I plan on grabbing King Bangalash in a lvl or two.

Sin Dal .. the silver tiger on top of the hill ... very nice pet. Have to be lvl 43 to get it ... and make sure to have someone to heal you there since taming will take longer more time then the tiger needs to kill you

16. 02-24-2005 02:37 PM #121
      Bangalash is supposed to be superior to other pets isn't he? I heard that from people when I was questing there. if he is, I might have to make one last trip there to get him.

17. 02-24-2005 06:35 PM #122
      im an addict,

Archdefender - 60 Paladin on Bloodhoof with my own Guild around 38 people.
      25 Elf Druid on Bloodhoof
      33 Elf Rogue on Shadowmoon (PVP)

Modified by Flyin_Fox00 at 12:08 PM 2-26-2005

02-25-2005 01:28 AM #123
      This is my first MMORPG, I've stayed away from most online gaming but now this game is all I play. I am definetly addicted to this game. My wife hates it

kARGUTH SERVER
      Olav - Lvl 20 Dwarf Paladin Mining/Blacksmith
      Caber - Lvl 19 Dwarf Hunter skinning/leatherworking
      Oksana - Lvl 17 Human Rogue herbalism/alchemy/fishing
      Nakita - Lvl 11 Night Elf Druid skinning/leather working

I'm able to make equipment for all my characters and send back and forth through mail system, which is one of the coolest game features.

The onmly problem is I jump from character to charecter and haven't spent time on ne to really level up.

19. 02-26-2005 12:04 PM #124
      Quote, originally posted by Qwikk »
      Bangalash is supposed to be superior to other pets isn't he? I heard that from people when I was questing there. if he is, I might have to make one last trip there to get him.

Bangalash has very high pursuit speed and higher than avg. dps. With points in run speed he's so fast it's just silly.

Sin'Dall has high attack speed and pokey pursuit speed.

Don't need healing for any of the Elites, drop a trap that freezes mobs in place a little bit closer than the maximum range of tame, then walk back until you are in max range of tame, then tame

by the time the mob makes it back to the trap you should be ~25% of the way through taming, by the time the trap wears off you should be 75% of the way done with taming ... if you get interrupted, run away and try again since killing off a even level elite with no pet is no small feat.

Vehicles
      02-26-2005 01:57 PM #125
      I might just have to get banglash as well .. sin dal has proven to be a superior pet. Attack speed is so nice. No more waiting for pet to get to mob and build aggro. Send pet, wait a sec, shot

02-28-2005 02:42 AM #126

this should be familiar for all the players on a PVP server...

Vehicles
      02-28-2005 11:24 AM #127
      Never had a queue on my PVP server, but then again, its low population. But it was down all day saturday (and until 6am sunday) If theres a list of servers that are down, its usually on it
      DCI Ambassador

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Golf TDI
      02-28-2005 02:45 PM #128
      I only got a queue on my PVE server (lothar) for the first time yesterday. Luckily though it was only a queue of 1, so no biggie.

I was thinking of starting a new character on the brand new PVP server, but I think I'll stick with PVE for now. No need to get ganked by undead rogues any more than I already do.

24. 02-28-2005 09:43 PM #129
      dinged 43 and headed straight over to the King and tamed him first try. Man can he move! (mobility and attack speed). Can't wait to get some training points on him and see what he can really do.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      02-28-2005 10:06 PM #130
      Dammit, I want to get this game so bad. Stupid Halo 2 and GT4... More so GT4

Vehicles
      03-01-2005 08:46 AM #131
      Quote, originally posted by Levish »

Bangalash has very high pursuit speed and higher than avg. dps. With points in run speed he's so fast it's just silly.

Sin'Dall has high attack speed and pokey pursuit speed.

ok I have both now ... speed wise it seems Sin'Dall is faster on pursuit speed.

Normal movement speed they are both the same. Here is the comparion I made.

Fast Run aspect for me. I start of running with him on my side and then to attack at a distant mob. Sin Dal can keep up with my speed and will be very slightly ahead by the time I reach the mob. That is of course with my aspect of the tiger (the fast run thing).

Bangalash was not able to do the same speed. I am going to do one more test tonight to verify this again.

Attack wise its tough o make a comparions since sin dal is 45 now and bang only 40.

On a side note ... my enchanting is up to 257 now at level 45 IMHO thats quite an achievement

I got a great deal the other day on supplies and spent all my money (30G) on enchanting supplies ... I will be good now for the next 20 levels. However I am very scared of hitting 290 since it seems that a single enchant costs TONS of money ...

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      03-01-2005 10:03 AM #132
      Quote, originally posted by codex »
      King Bangalash.

One of my guildmates (a lvl 44 hunter) has King, he was able to level him right before we started Uldaman last night.

BTW, we absolutely owned that instance last night. Party was:

47 Warlock
      44 Hunter
      39 Druid
      37 Warrior (me)
      36 Paladin

We totally smoked Ironaya, she showed as a lvl 500 Elite but she's actually a 50 elite.

I'll try to dig up a screenshot.

28. 03-01-2005 10:32 AM #133
      I think this is currently the nerdiest thread in the nerdiest forum on Vortex, but you guys are making me want this game now.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      03-01-2005 10:48 AM #134
      Quote, originally posted by Piper_VW »
      I think this is currently the nerdiest thread in the nerdiest forum on Vortex, but you guys are making me want this game now.

You're on the internet looking at video games (among other things), welcome to nerddom

30. 03-01-2005 11:27 AM #135
      regarding King's run speed, there is appearently a bug with him right now. Once they decide to fix it, he should be teleporting to mobs like he used to.

31. 03-01-2005 11:57 AM #136
      Quote, originally posted by GSTGuy »

You're on the internet looking at video games (among other things), welcome to nerddom

Been there for a while, all I need is a MMORPG to really become a card-carrying member!

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      03-01-2005 12:01 PM #137
      Quote, originally posted by Piper_VW »
      Been there for a while, all I need is a MMORPG to really become a card-carrying member!

You can now join the PPG

(pocket protector gang)

Vehicles
      03-01-2005 12:02 PM #138
      Quote, originally posted by Hostile »
      One of my guildmates (a lvl 44 hunter) has King, he was able to level him right before we started Uldaman last night.

BTW, we absolutely owned that instance last night. Party was:

47 Warlock
      44 Hunter
      39 Druid
      37 Warrior (me)
      36 Paladin

We totally smoked Ironaya, she showed as a lvl 500 Elite but she's actually a 50 elite.

I'll try to dig up a screenshot.

Ironaya is the easiest boss in Uldaman. How did it go against Galgann Firehammer and Archaedas?
      You do get points cuz that group is a bit lower than conventional wisdom would suggest... I first did Uldaman at about 43 (warrior) with a group of other folks in their low-mid 40's.

Modified by ShockWaveVT at 12:05 PM 3-1-2005

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      03-01-2005 01:29 PM #139
      Quote, originally posted by ShockWaveVT »

Ironaya is the easiest boss in Uldaman. How did it go against Galgann Firehammer and Archaedas?
      You do get points cuz that group is a bit lower than conventional wisdom would suggest... I first did Uldaman at about 43 (warrior) with a group of other folks in their low-mid 40's.

She was the only one we did. We had a quest or two didn't have quests for the others.

BTW - That mission to open her crypt is awesome, just like Indiana Jones.

Vehicles
      03-08-2005 05:11 PM #140
      Not everyone plays GT4
      DCI Ambassador

Page 4 of 292 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast