Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 409 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: "World of Warcraft" Players

Vehicles
      CVPI, Golf powered Vanagon. Etc.
      01-31-2005 01:14 PM #76
      I was fishing out in Zoram Strand yesterday, and 3 level 20's tried to kill me. I was rather consfused as to why they would attack a lvl 44, and killed them all in about 30 seconds. I then realized I had beaten the one guy down with my fishing pole, I hadnt even equipped my melee weapons.
      Its moments like that which make this game a blast to play.
      DCI Ambassador

Vehicles
      Audi TTQ, Touraeg, Passat
      01-31-2005 05:00 PM #77
      ^^^^^
      now that was funny
      this game is addicting ... I cannot stop playing it. Almost level 40 now ... the nice thing is that every zone you play is different. There is such a variety in this game that makes it so interesting. And there is always something to do.
      1. Quests
      2. Killing for rested bonus
      3. Profession Upgrades
      4. Just browsing the AH
      5. Doing Groups with other guildies
      The best in my opinion is when you get to a new zone. The attention to detail is just great. I cannot stop playing it ... it happened to me so many times that I logged out and then logged back in a few minutes later because I could not get away ...
      "Hey, my name is Chris and I am addicted to WoW"

Vehicles
      01-31-2005 06:27 PM #78
      Quote, originally posted by chaugner »
      "Hey, my name is Chris and I am addicted to WoW"

Same here, dont even have to change the name. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      DCI Ambassador

4. 01-31-2005 06:58 PM #79
      Yep, addicted again, just like the good ol EQ days. I do get a little more sleep this time. This time though, I'm sticking with one character. In all my years of EQ, I never got into the high end of the game, but had like 6 level 50ish characters.
      and... DING! Level 32 Troll Rogue in da hizzy.

5. 02-01-2005 01:10 PM #80
      Yep...addicted here too...have the game about 3 weeks...and have
      Lvl 24 Dorf Warrior
      Lvl 23 Human Priest

6. 02-01-2005 03:47 PM #81
      This game is highly addictive . However when you reach level 60, have the best equipment and an epic mount, there is not much left to do I heard... We will have to wait for battlegrounds.
      Level 51 alliance mage, ding!

Vehicles
      2011 Kink Gap Xl, 2000 Haro Blammo,'08 Gti
      02-01-2005 04:41 PM #82
      I hate you all I want this game now

Vehicles
      02-01-2005 05:55 PM #83
      Quote, originally posted by emphase »
      This game is highly addictive . However when you reach level 60, have the best equipment and an epic mount, there is not much left to do I heard... We will have to wait for battlegrounds.
      Level 51 alliance mage, ding!

Dont worry, it will take forever to get the 900ish gold to buy an epic mount! Besides, you can always work towards getting exalted status so you can buy the other races mounts.
      DCI Ambassador

02-01-2005 10:45 PM #84
      shoot, i'm at lvl 45 and i'm already bored of this game. The only thing really entertaining is PVP and raids, other than that, I don't see this game having enough to offer people to stay in the long haul.

Vehicles
      '07 RS4 & '03 Jetta Wagon 1.8T
      02-02-2005 10:44 AM #85
      Quote, originally posted by green tea »
      I don't see this game having enough to offer people to stay in the long haul.

I disagree, because like any MMORPG, there will be a lot of content added as time goes on. And even as it stands now there is enough content to keep me playing for next 6 months at 20-25 hours per week.

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      02-02-2005 11:04 AM #86
      I play 2-3 hours every night and most of each weekend and my main toon is only lvl 33 (dinged last night)...
      I don't understand how someone can level cap one character and complain there is nothing to when there are 8 different classes and as many professions... I have an idea, make a new character of opposing faction.
      There are 6 pretty unique race routes:
      Human
      Night Elf
      Dwarf/Gnome
      Orc/Troll
      Tauren
      Undead
      Each one of those groups has unique starting areas that make the beginning diverse enough that you can cap at least 4 characters without doing a single missions twice. As for higher level areas, I leveled my warrior to 32 in Darkshire. I could have done a totally different set of missions to level to 32 in the Wetlands.

12. 02-02-2005 11:29 AM #87
      there's no shortage of quests to do @ 38 (so far), I hardly think that'll be different @ 41
      plenty of places to explore and isntances to do as well.

13. 02-02-2005 12:11 PM #88
      Ding! Level 52 alliance mage. I'm currently questing in Ungoro crater. You will either love or hate this place lol. I'm done with Zulfarrak and Maurodon instances.
      Quote, originally posted by grilledpickle »
      Dont worry, it will take forever to get the 900ish gold to buy an epic mount! Besides, you can always work towards getting exalted status so you can buy the other races mounts.

It's not going to take forever to buy the epic mount, at least not for me. I'm sitting on 400 gold now, thats almost half way . I think I'm one of the top 3 major market maker/trader in my server. This means I buy for 100/150+ gold of commodities everyday to resell and have around 25-40 gold of profit everyday. This pretty much means that if you will see my name on all the most lucrative items sales, like rows of items I'm outnumbering and undercutting everyone and if there are other lucrative items for sale that are not mine (i.e. rugged leather), I have a bid on all of those!

Modified by emphase at 12:33 PM 2-2-2005

02-02-2005 04:51 PM #89
      Quote, originally posted by ShockWaveVT »
      I disagree, because like any MMORPG, there will be a lot of content added as time goes on. And even as it stands now there is enough content to keep me playing for next 6 months at 20-25 hours per week.

20-25 hours per week for 6 months straight, i'ms ure you'll run out of thigns to do. Unless you feel as though yo uneed the uber mount to look special? But i guess, at lvl 60, i would look cool with the normal mount compared to everyone else with the uber mount. Anyhow, 20-25 hrs a week is a LOT of free time you're spending on WoW

Vehicles
      02-02-2005 05:12 PM #90
      Quote, originally posted by green tea »
      20-25 hours per week for 6 months straight, i'ms ure you'll run out of thigns to do. Unless you feel as though yo uneed the uber mount to look special? But i guess, at lvl 60, i would look cool with the normal mount compared to everyone else with the uber mount. Anyhow, 20-25 hrs a week is a LOT of free time you're spending on WoW

yep
      I'm part of a guild and compared to many of them the amount of time I spend on the game is trival. For example, after 2+ months of steady play I am level 47. 10 other people in my guild are level 60 or close to it, and the first guy to reach 60 got there almost a month ago.
      As far as the content running out, I wont hit 60 for another month. Then after that are the high-level raid instances. Places like Sholomance, Stratholme and Blackrock Spire. All of which I'll need to do many many times to gear up for Oxnyia's lair and Molten Core.
      If you think that the content is meant to be played through only once you're missing the point. Rare drops aren't really meant to be rare. They are just meant to be difficult to obtain, forcing you to spend some time to reach that goal. If this doesn't appeal to you, there is always the option of creating a new character of a different race/class or skilling up a different profession.
      And again Battlegrounds is coming and will add a lot to the PvP aspect of the game. Of course, Battlegrounds will be aimed at high level players intially. My guess is 50+ at first, with some lower level Battlegrounds being introduced over time.

Vehicles
      02-03-2005 12:52 PM #91
      39.5 ... almost 40 ... pulled a 5 hour exp session last night getting from 38 to 39.5
      by tonight I will be level 40. Cannot wait

Vehicles
      02-03-2005 02:34 PM #92
      Hit 45 last night. Hopefully now that I got my mount finally, I can start leveling at the same pace I was before all those Scarlet Monastary money making trips.
      DCI Ambassador

Vehicles
      02-07-2005 06:40 PM #93
      Why do I have a feeling this is almost as bad as some drug habits
      DCI Ambassador

19. 02-08-2005 11:05 AM #94
      Level 60 Tauren Shaman here on the Blackrock PVP server

20. 02-14-2005 11:17 AM #95

Lol, it is indeed very addicting. I just hit level 59 on my alliance mage and I'm starting to smell that epic horse lol. I will get it the second I hit 60. ETA for 60: wednesday or thursday.

Vehicles
      02-14-2005 11:31 AM #96
      I have to admit after playing it now for a while I am getting kind of bored ... my professions are all above 250, quest log is full, level 42.
      what bothers me is all those run around quests and pick up x of those, kill x of those. I am still into the instance quests since they have nice drops, good mobs and a general change in game play.
      However I am tired of those other quests that really do not give you anything BUT experience. It was fun in the beginning with getting into new zones and doing new areas but that fun has slowly diminished by the time I got to 40.
      My main goal was to get to 40 for the mount. The next step, getting to 60 seems like to much of an investement time wise with too little reward. Hitting 60 is not going to be the end since once you are at 60 you want to gear up with epic mount, weapons, etc. So for me its getting to 60 AND spending even more time to get epic and blue item gear.
      I am still gonna play but I am going to slow down quite a bit. Its already visible since people that I had grouped with that used to be under me for the 40 race now have passed me ... some by 5+ levels already ... which is anothe reason I am slowing down ... my group buddies have done all my quests already

Vehicles
      02-14-2005 05:30 PM #97
      Stick with it! It picks up again the closer you get to 50. I had some doldrums too after I got my mount, but now 50 is my short term goal, and lvl 60 and swordsmith are my long term goals.
      DCI Ambassador

Vehicles
      02-15-2005 03:33 PM #98
      I'm only 60 Mithril Bars away from becoming an armorsmith

lvl 51

Vehicles
      2014 FIAT 500 Abarth
      02-15-2005 10:40 PM #99
      so... how much lonmger until diabloIII is ready...?

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Golf TDI
      02-16-2005 04:16 PM #100

I don't have any frame of reference, but I'm going to agree!
      I finally hit 60 on my Gnome Warlock on Lothar a week or two ago... I assumed that I wouldn't play so much once I hit 60, but I still end up playing most nights in the big dungeons to try to finish up my set armor.
      By 'big dungeons' I mean Strat, Scholo, Blackrock Spire & Depths. I haven't gone anywhere near Onyxia yet. I did try Molten Core once and wow... maybe somebody here had some success in there but for now I don't even know how that place is even playable.

Page 4 of 409 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast