Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Photo Tour of the Transparent Factory in Dresden [TOC, Photos done]

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 VW PHAETON V10 TDI, 2001 AUDI TT 1.8T, 2003 PEUGEOT 307 SW
      11-11-2010 02:16 PM #106
      Hi barrier12

Ofcourse I'll try to translate it for You but unfortunetelly my English isn't very well.

"Phaetons industry in Dresden is really very impressive. For a long time Im fancy to visit because of my friend who was there and he said its really worth it. It is said that entrance costs several euros but it will be a nice experiance to visit a place where my magnificent car was made. I hope that in near future I do that."

R4DEK1

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '03 Passat 1.8t, sedan.
      11-11-2010 09:55 PM #107
      Thank you. My knowledge of Polish language was good for only first half of your post...
      I am looking for a job in Transportation, Logistics, Distribution or International Trade. Analysis, Planning, Operations.

Vehicles
      2004 W12
      04-15-2012 05:55 AM #108
      Photos re-hosted.

Michael
      Please don't send me technical questions via IM - instead, post your questions onto the end of the most appropriate thread in the FAQ, so that everyone can benefit from the answer, and everyone can assist in providing the answer. Thanks, Michael

4. 05-25-2013 04:21 PM #109
      Hi !

I'm designing a book titled Engineer Introduction. I work at the Public University Publisher (Editora da UFSC), at Florianópolis, Brazil. I was just looking for a picture about car fabric and I really liked your. Could you give me permission to use one of this photographies in the book?
      On our part, we have no way to pay the images, but we can give credit and send you a book when it's ready. This book is in the seventh edition, and is the most read of all this university.

Please, send me an email if you aggree.

nandadocanto@gmail.com

Best regards,
      Fernanda

Vehicles
      2004 W12
      05-25-2013 04:36 PM #110
      Hi Fernanda:

Almost all of the pictures used on the first page of this post were provided to me by Volkswagen, who also gave me permission to reproduce them here. They are, for the most part, press and public relations photos.

So, if you contact Volkswagen's press department (either in Germany or in your own country), I think you will find it easy to obtain permission to reproduce these photos.

Michael
      Please don't send me technical questions via IM - instead, post your questions onto the end of the most appropriate thread in the FAQ, so that everyone can benefit from the answer, and everyone can assist in providing the answer. Thanks, Michael

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Phaeton W12, 2004 Passat W8 4Motion 6MT, 2009 MB GL550, 2010 Audi Q5 3.2L, 2014 Audi S4
      03-21-2014 11:27 AM #111
      Thanks to this forum, Michael's excellent introduction to the Factory (in many ways and threads), and several years of hunting for my Phaeton and planning this trip.... I'll be in Dresden tomorrow for my tour. As reported by others, all it took was an email to Katrin, my Phaeton's VIN, and I was warmly welcomed and scheduled a personal 1.5 hour tour. Following the tour, I've been offered a two hour test drive of my choice of a V6, V6 TDI or V8, and either a long or short version. Surprise, surprise... I chose the 4.2L V8 LWB option for my test drive. Autobahn here I come! ;-)

Peter

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Phaeton V6TDi, 2002 Picasso, 1988 BMW 325 touring
      03-22-2014 12:38 PM #112
      ^^^
      Is this typical treatment at the factory for a Phaeton owner?
      If so, HOLY MOLY.
      I'm rapidly starting to think that VW group are the best company in the world.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 V8 Phaeton, 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
      03-22-2014 04:44 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by pdejong0 View Post
      ... Following the tour, I've been offered a two hour test drive of my choice of a V6, V6 TDI or V8, and either a long or short version. Surprise, surprise... I chose the 4.2L V8 LWB option for my test drive. Autobahn here I come! ;-)
      I visited the factory last September and it was fun, my tour ended up taking 2 hours mostly because we got to the "marriage" station just when the line stopped for a 10 min coffee break. Our tour guide was so nice to just wait it out so I could see how the chassis gets bolted to the body. They even let me push the button to start that futuristic looking bolt robot ... made my day!

Unfortunately they didn't offer test drives back when I visited. Let us know how that went.
      Stephan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234