straight from the bentley
Note: engine must not be switched off during the test sequence.
interuptions will require a restart of sequence.
1. switch ignition on for approximately 30 seconds but do not start engine.
2. start engine and let run at idle
3. increase engine speed to 3000-3500 RPM for 90 seconds to heat up the three way Catalytic Converter (twc)
4. with the vehicle stationary, run the engine at idle for 40 seconds.
5. test drive for a minimum of 13 minutes
manual trans -3rd gear
auto- range 3
test drive must be carried out without interruption, which means steady pressure on the throttle so that deceleration fuel shutoff is not activated nor is the throttle allowed back to the idle position.
6. allow the engine to run at idle for a minimum of 13 minutes
7. after completion of the test sequience, reconnect to the scan too and observe display.
repeat if still not set.
damn that was lots of typing.