Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Friendly Service @ Boardwalk VW in Redwood City!

1. 06-07-2005 02:13 AM #36
      I have a couple of issues:

1. Gas gauge seems to fluctuate a full quarter of a tank from time to time.

2. Driver side fender signal has condensation and will not dissapear.

3. I only have about 2000 miles on the car and want to know when should I change the oil. I bought the car in December 2004. Basically my next service would the 5000 mile service. I want to go with full synthetic oil, how much is it going to cost me?

4. I do have the GIAC chip and soon to have GHL 2.5 full turbo back. I do not want to void my warranty!!!

5. I want to come in on a Saturday and have the oil change and car looked at for the other issues stated above.

2. 07-13-2005 07:57 PM #37
      sent you guys a question in the an im

Vehicles
      1998 Porsche Boxster Aero Kit, 1966 Shelby GT-350, 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4
      07-14-2005 07:20 PM #38
      Billy,

I sent you an IM...my name is Chris Myers and I am one of our new Internet guys over here at Boardwalk. There are a couple of guys who lurk here on the board and know who I am. For those of you who are not familiar with me, you will come to find out that I am an enthusiast like you are and will do all I can to use our dealership to help you out. Anyway, to answer your question to me over IM, Billy, I just spoke to Benny Gomez, on of my service writers. According to him, the fix is a warranty repair so you should be able to just bring the car in to us. If there is some other reason that we need to be aware of as to why the light is on, please let me know so that I can address it quickly for you.

BTW, sorry for the late response. We all had New Passat training yesterday! What a great car!

Chris

4. 08-05-2005 02:29 PM #39
      wow, never noticed this was here

I have a 93 Corrado and I believe the heater core is going, getting that hot stew on my feet. I have been looking for a Corrado enthusiest or at least someone who has some knowledge of them. The heater core isn't hard, just tedious. I hear they only allow you 2.5 hours for this job when it's a least a 2 dayer. Which is why I hear all the horror storys about stereos/windows/door locks not working, rattles because all the nuts and screws weren't in place because of the rush.

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. Here is some info I found.

Recall Number: 98V295000
      Dates Manufactured: AUG 1991 to JUN 1994
      Number of Vehicles Affected: 6217
      Date Owners Notified On: FEB 1999
      VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH VR6 ENGINES. A COOLANT SYSTEM COMPONENT SUCH AS THE THERMO SWITCH, RADIATOR FAN, OR WATER PUMP, CAN MALFUNCTION CAUSING THE COOLANT TEMPERATURE AND COOLANT SYSTEM PRESSURE TO INCREASE SIGNIFICANTLY. OVER TIME, EXCESSIVE PRESSURE CAN CAUSE LEAKAGE OF COOLANT FROMTHE SYSTEM, INCLUDING LEAKAGE FROM THE HEAT EXCHANGER.
      Consequence of Defect:
      Leakage of hot coolant from the heat exchanger can cause injury to the feet of the driver or steam up the interior of the vehicle temporarily impairing the driver's vision.
      Corrective Action:
      Dealers will install in the coolant inlet hose to the heater core, a pressure reducer with a 5mm diameter secured by a spring tensioned hose clamp. Also a new relay that will change the operation of the secondary electrical coolant pump will be installed. Dealers will also perform a functional check of the cooling system to make sure that all cooling system components operate properly

Here is the recall circular

http://home.maine.rr.com/aptdav/UECir.pdf

Know anyone at Neilo?

Vehicles
      Scirocco 2/Touareg 8
      08-16-2005 06:02 PM #40
      Chris,

what's your service dept's fix in regards to the Touaregs slight steering to the right at freeway speed ? seems to be a common problem for this model.
      looking for the knowledgable service shop to fix mine. any experience?
      I also experience a slight delay in throttle response regardless of recalibrating the setting of the gas pedal. this is a v8 model. mfg date is 3/04

thanks

6. Banner Advertiser FlyingFinn@DublinVW's Avatar
      Vehicles
      04 R32 - Used to own --> 97 Jazz Blue DE GTI, 66 & 65 bugs, 61 Single Cab
      08-22-2005 02:47 PM #41
      Bob Lewis Newark has been like this for a while! (Very Mod Friendly) Just see the service writer Robert Trejo. Robert and I work well together (I am a tech at Bob Lewis).

Modified by flyingfinn at 10:54 AM 8-22-2005

7. 08-23-2005 03:51 AM #42
      no more dirito bros. for me... they suck!! Sonnen has been rather cool with my mods... did some engine work under warrenty after dirito said hell no.

but... since you guys are on vortex ill have to come visit you soon!

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 VW GTI DSG
      09-11-2005 12:10 AM #43
      i need to bring my Jetta in for some recall work.. i had experiences with this dealership since 2000.. my nissan experiences werent that good, but that was mostly due to my snetra spec-V's problems. ill make an appt soon for the stuff i got notified about in the mail:

both heated seats recalls.
      some rear door locl/latch recall?

but my car has some slight coolant seepage at the turbos coolant line fittings. is that something thats covered under warranty? I get a coolant smell after most any drive.

Unitronic Stage 2 93 / Unitronic DSG Stage 1 / Unitronic Downpipe / GFB DV+ / Golf R Intercooler / OEM LED Tinted Tails / Tyrolsport Deadset Collar Kits Front + Rear / Soundaktor Switch
      145 Video GTI Reference Library

9. 09-16-2005 04:57 AM #44
      I look forward to checking you guys out, it's about time for my 30,000 mile service anyway.

10. 09-19-2005 10:12 AM #45
      I sent an IM, but I bet you're swamped. Maybe this will work.
      I'm looking for the grey connector/harness that plugs into the Monsoon amp in the rear hatch of my MkIV GTI. This harness feeds the head unit's audio into the Monsoon amp. I am not looking for anything that plugs into the head unit, I need the Monsoon amp end only. I haven't found anything like this (except the OEM part on my car) from Metra.

Hopefully your parts guys can help.

11. 09-24-2005 10:32 PM #46
      I just wanted to put in a plug for Boardwalk VW. I took my 2004 GLI there about 2 months ago. It exhibited a squeaking noise only when tunring left. They weren't sure what the issue was, so they had to work with the VW tech line. The entire process took six weeks, but all steering related parts were replaced under warranty. Everything from the rack and pinion unit to the power steering pump and all related hoses were replaced. Although it took a while to figure out the cause, Boardwalk was very thorough and wanted to get the issue resolved correctly. VW also paid for a rental for the entire time. I was very pleased with the servive and attention that my car received.

Vehicles
      scirocco rabbit tt
      09-28-2005 04:49 PM #47
      i heard board walk was chaging their attitude in the service department due to loss of employees.

13. 10-24-2005 08:38 PM #48
      As far as I know, Boardwalk has not changed their policy on mod friendly service...

This is Chris Myers, again. I no longer work for Boardwalk, but that is only because I am attending USC Dental School. I still have all the respect for my previous employer. They really do a good job there to resolve any issues and give the customer the benefit of the doubt.

If you are wanting/needing any kind of work done to your car and are having a hard time getting a hold of someone at Boardwalk directly, try emailing Bob Khamis at bkhamis@bwalkauto.com. He is the one who took over my position when I left.

On a personal note, I just swapped out spark plugs on my wife's 01 Jetta 2.0 this past weekend and completed a full rear brake job. I have to say, the rear brakes are a piece of cake! The plugs, although not really hard, were not as easy as some other cars I've worked on. However, after the plug work and on our way back to LA after being in the bay area this past weekend the fuel mileage jumped from 24.5 avg to 27.5 avg - at 85 mph! CHANGE YOUR PLUGS!!

Chris

14. 02-08-2006 05:34 PM #49
      I have gone to Boardwalk for service and they are good guys. They always tell you what is happening straigh up and try to help you out.

15. 05-04-2006 06:31 PM #50
      Quote, originally posted by Bigphun73 »
      I have gone to Boardwalk for service and they are good guys. They always tell you what is happening straigh up and try to help you out.

Wow, your lucky... you must have gotten the one service writer who gave a crap and had already made his quota for the month...

If you want to be lied to, overcharged, have papers ripped out of your hands and flung at the cashier, etc... Boardwalk is for you!

I still recommend Boardwalk to people... people I don't like.

-Raffi

16. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-12-2006 09:51 PM #51
      I guess there are good and bad things about all dealers. I got my Jetta in 2003, and I did a PPI on my 1992 GTI here for a bud. I have been nothing but pleased with how I was treated as a consumer for the 3 years I owned the car before I became an employee.
      Sorry to hear you had troubles here in the past. Who was your sevice advisor if I may ask?
      Love the sig too...haha. My fav lyrics from that album is "we were watching the riots from a monitor, 20 floors below sea level, in a bunker..." Do you know when their new album comes out or am I way behind?

Vehicles
      RIP Built MK3 VR6 Turbo, B8 A4, B5 S4, 08 R8
      06-10-2006 01:58 AM #52
      MOd Friendly
      maybe now, they told me that my wifes warrantee was voided for wheels 18 by 8 abt A24 in march
      What ever
      THat's why I did not get the car worked on there

18. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      06-11-2006 04:40 PM #53
      Quote, originally posted by KVR6turbo »
      MOd Friendly
      maybe now, they told me that my wifes warrantee was voided for wheels 18 by 8 abt A24 in march
      What ever
      THat's why I did not get the car worked on there

That's odd...who was your SA? That really counters the whole point of "aftermarket parts aren't covered, or failure of OEM parts as a result of aftermarket parts."

19. 06-25-2006 07:52 PM #54
      Hey Brendan,
      The driver's side power window switch in my GTI stopped working about 6 months ago. The one-touch automatic down works, but the first click doesnt work--the click that only rolls the window down while your holding the button . Is this part under warranty, or should I just go to a junk yard? My GTI has 25,000 miles on it.

Thanks
      Mike

Vehicles
      Mk1 Mk3 Corrado F150
      06-28-2006 01:29 AM #55
      Quote, originally posted by doc holiday »
      Bravo, gentlemen.

FS: 1998 F150 SuperCab 4x4 4.6L V8
      WTT/FS: 17x7 Team Dynamic Racing ProRace 1 wheels
      (search my name)

21. 07-06-2006 05:15 AM #56
      that's awsome that you are mod friendly. i have not modded anything yet but am considering it. however, i do have a problem and since you are a dealership i will ask you.

my check engine light has come on twice now and i know its about to come on a third time any day now since the same symptoms of the car are happening. i took my car to my mechanic and its been the same code both times. they told me to take it to the dealership and have them check into it since it is still under warranty. however when i took it to bob lewis in newark they said that since my mechanic cleared the code they couldnt do anything about it because they need the code to come up on their machine for vw to cover the warranty and that i cannot tell them what code it was and have them look into it. is this true? if i tell you guys what code it was will you be able to fix/look into it or does the engine light have to be on for you to actually look into the problem and have the warranty cover it?

thanks for the help.

22. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      07-10-2006 10:38 PM #57
      Quote, originally posted by soul manager »
      Hey Brendan,
      The driver's side power window switch in my GTI stopped working about 6 months ago. The one-touch automatic down works, but the first click doesnt work--the click that only rolls the window down while your holding the button . Is this part under warranty, or should I just go to a junk yard? My GTI has 25,000 miles on it.

Thanks
      Mike

Should be under warranty. You fall under the 4/50 bumper to bumper. Give us a call and schedule an appointment.

23. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      07-10-2006 10:41 PM #58
      Quote, originally posted by robertbalst »
      that's awsome that you are mod friendly. i have not modded anything yet but am considering it. however, i do have a problem and since you are a dealership i will ask you.

my check engine light has come on twice now and i know its about to come on a third time any day now since the same symptoms of the car are happening. i took my car to my mechanic and its been the same code both times. they told me to take it to the dealership and have them check into it since it is still under warranty. however when i took it to bob lewis in newark they said that since my mechanic cleared the code they couldnt do anything about it because they need the code to come up on their machine for vw to cover the warranty and that i cannot tell them what code it was and have them look into it. is this true? if i tell you guys what code it was will you be able to fix/look into it or does the engine light have to be on for you to actually look into the problem and have the warranty cover it?

thanks for the help.

Good question. I think the code needs to be stored in the ECU for the techs to be able to submit the claim to VWoA.
      What situation throws the fault?
      Sorry for the delay on my end, I've been drawn into TCL...sheesh that place is addicting.

24. 07-11-2006 04:15 AM #59
      the situation i have is a small leak in the evap system. but, everytime the check engine light has come on, just before that i get multiple check gas cap lights. well, needless to say the gas cap is on tight as always and they have done gas cap checks and it turns out fine every time. it hasn't affected the way the car runs. its just annoying to have that light on there and then clear it and now im starting to get the check gas cap lights again, so i know it will happen soon. and of course im 400miles away from my warranty being up.

25. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      07-11-2006 06:47 PM #60
      Call an SA and see what they can do for you. Let them know what you want to have accomplished, as the whole place gets paid to do warranty work. They just need to have to have the right steps taken to get paid by VW for it.
      What year, miles, and engine on your car?

26. 07-18-2006 06:21 PM #61
      Brendan, when I read your posts I hear you saying it in my head.

27. 07-31-2006 01:36 PM #62
      Are wheel bearings covered under warranty?

I drive a 02 gti with 38K miles, and I have the signs of a bad wheel bearing (loud hum sound coming from left rear wheel). I was at bugformance last week for a minor service and they told me that it is a wheel bearing. I am curious to know whether or not a replacement is covered under my warranty? FYI I am lowered with coilovers, in case that makes any difference as far as warranty issues go. Please let me know if this is covered under warranty, as I will only take the car in if it is; I can't afford to waste +$400 for your service. Thanks in advance.

-Rene

28. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      08-01-2006 06:11 PM #63
      Let me check with the head of the service department. He has a great track record of getting stuff approved with VWoA.
      It all depends on what the techs see, but I doubt the lowered suspension caused the wheel bearings to go bad, but I'm not a tech. I'll PM you with some details once I hear one way or the other.

Vehicles
      2013 Golf TDI DSG w/Tech Package, 2012 Tiguan SEL
      08-23-2006 01:56 AM #64
      Brendan, or someone from Boardwalk, I have an issue with my 2006 GTI MKV. I bought the car in Feb. and in July I noticed there was some black grease that was "splattered" on the front driver's side wheel well. it looked like driveaxle grease, so I pulled off my wheel, checked the CV boot, and it looked fine. I figured it was just some "extra" grease that leaked out of the boot, so I cleaned it up and put the wheel back on.

Then about a month later I installed H&R Sport Springs and Koni Sport Struts/Shocks. While doing the install I noticed there was more grease, and I could see that it was comming out of a tiny "hole" where the CV boot and the axle meet. The hole is not like a rip or a tear, rather it looks like it is meant to be there. My concern is that I am still finding "splats" (for lack of a better term) of grease on my front driver's side wheel well. I want to get this checked out/fixed just to be sure it is ok, and if it is not ok, get it fixed before it creates a bigger issue.

My concern is that now that I have installed the H&R Sports Springs and Koni Struts, will the service department give me a tough time in regards to the warranty? Like I said, this was an issue before the new suspension components were installed, and I probably should have had it checked out then, but I thought nothing of it. But now that it is happening again, I want to make sure everything is good.

Any input/advice would be awesome. I just want to know if it would be worth the drive from South San Jose out to Redwood City.

Thanks for your help.

Landon

Modified by landon at 9:48 AM 8-23-2006

Vehicles
      91GTI 12v, 87 951 trackcar, some more...
      08-24-2006 04:25 PM #65
      Are any of the buys at Boardwalk Irani? Every dealer I've walked into (MBZ near Veterans in Redwood City----Dodge in Daly City-----VW in Daly City) has an Irani salesperson. They're taking over the car selling world!!!
      Quote Originally Posted by xpalendocious View Post
      That'll go well in my mk2

31. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      08-24-2006 10:11 PM #66
      I'll look into it landon. I'll have to call an SA tomorrow as I am away from the office now. I'll PM you with more info soon.
      959- We have one Iranian salesmen here now. We used to have 4 or 5 total throughout the whole dealership at one point.

Vehicles
      91GTI 12v, 87 951 trackcar, some more...
      08-24-2006 10:17 PM #67
      Quote, originally posted by Brendan@bwalkauto »

959- We have one Iranian salesmen here now. We used to have 4 or 5 total throughout the whole dealership at one point.

DANG! Just mentioned it cuz I was at a parts dealer in Daly City, and the guy at the main desk was on the phone. Once I approached him, he started speaking Farsi and I understood the whole conversation

Quote Originally Posted by xpalendocious View Post
      That'll go well in my mk2

Vehicles
      2013 Golf TDI DSG w/Tech Package, 2012 Tiguan SEL
      08-24-2006 10:50 PM #68
      Quote, originally posted by Brendan@bwalkauto »
      I'll look into it landon. I'll have to call an SA tomorrow as I am away from the office now. I'll PM you with more info soon.

thank you Brendan!

34. 09-07-2006 12:49 AM #69
      Hi Brandon -

It's great to hear all of this. I've been looking to get my car serviced somewhere soon - and close.

I have a 98 Jetta GL, with 97,000 miles. There is nothing wrong with it per se - but I'd love to get it checked out before the 100/10 drivetrain warranty runs out.

I'm sure a routine inspection by your techs might turn something up that could come up under warranty.

What is the best course of action to have your guys inspect my car?

Is there an inspection of some sort I pay for?

Thanks in advance and kudos to good service.

Shaun

35. 09-21-2006 03:41 AM #70
      Hey Guys,

Ive set up an appointment with you guys on friday morning. Planning to get the R in for a stress-brace install and maybe a dag too / warranty covered issues. Hoping to meet the one known as Finn as well. Ive seen your car but never got a chance to talk. I prepped my car ready for drilling.

When I was young I always wished for something NEW, but as I got older all i get now are CLASSICS.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast