Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Friendly Service @ Boardwalk VW in Redwood City!

Vehicles
      1998 Porsche Boxster Aero Kit, 1966 Shelby GT-350, 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4
      08-10-2007 07:55 PM #141
      Who is Brandon?

I do it by drinking Bud Light and not Hennesy like some of you ballers.

2. 08-10-2007 07:58 PM #142
      hahha *****... sorry for that... hahahahhahahahhahahha

3. 08-14-2007 07:10 PM #143
      any chance that a dealership will program my 2007 GTI so my remote can open windows and close windows and sunroof? thanks in advance.

Vehicles
      08-14-2007 07:11 PM #144
      Quote, originally posted by 1800rpm »
      any chance that a dealership will program my 2007 GTI so my remote can open windows and close windows and sunroof? thanks in advance.

We do have an issue modifying the car away from VWoA specs. We will work with you on any preexisting mods, but we can do something like that ourselves.

Start, or if there is one, bump a thread in this forum and see who has a VAGCOM in the bay.

Vehicles
      91GTI 12v, 87 951 trackcar, some more...
      08-17-2007 02:07 AM #145
      BIG to Brendan@ Boardwalk. Got me the parts I needed for less than half of what other dealers were asking. Thanks again dude!
      Quote Originally Posted by xpalendocious View Post
      That'll go well in my mk2

Vehicles
      08-18-2007 02:40 PM #146
      Quote, originally posted by 959Lover »
      BIG to Brendan@ Boardwalk. Got me the parts I needed for less than half of what other dealers were asking. Thanks again dude!

Glad I was able to help you out! Let me know when you want to stop by for your hat.

7. 08-29-2007 06:16 PM #147
      brendan!! any chance you guys have any decent 24vs in the lot?

Vehicles
      08-29-2007 07:06 PM #148
      Quote, originally posted by vdub4tw »
      brendan!! any chance you guys have any decent 24vs in the lot?

Whats going on man? I have a nice 2003 24V GLI. You should drop by and say hi and check it out at some point. I get bored here in the afternoon.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      92 SLC, 90 GLI
      09-19-2007 05:57 PM #149
      Brendan,

Im interested an 07 or 08 2dr GTI, Ive been sort of talking to a guy here in Concord, but just found out about a Vortexer in sales! Could you let me know what you have? Looking for either a good new/used 07 or new 08 depending on price of course. Prefer united gray but mostly dislike Red and White. Thanks

Derrick

10. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      09-19-2007 07:10 PM #150
      Quote, originally posted by BlauSlc92 »
      Brendan,

Im interested an 07 or 08 2dr GTI, Ive been sort of talking to a guy here in Concord, but just found out about a Vortexer in sales! Could you let me know what you have? Looking for either a good new/used 07 or new 08 depending on price of course. Prefer united gray but mostly dislike Red and White. Thanks

Derrick

I have Vortex pricing set up on new cars that is close to invoice, so no worries there. I don't beat up fellow Vortexers on price.

If you don't mind going used, I have a 2006 United Gray pkg 2 6MT GTI, with only like 11k miles on it. Feel free to fire me a PM or email me at vw@bwalkauto.com and I'll help you out. I have a fantastic record of hooking up Vortex members.

11. 10-01-2007 04:17 PM #151
      brendan whats up... i think its time for a rabbit... any used ones??

12. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-01-2007 04:46 PM #152
      No used ones. People like them too much to trade them in so quickly.

I have a 2005 Golf with 11k miles on it if that works.

13. 10-01-2007 05:02 PM #153
      more info??? color??? i may be interested

14. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-01-2007 09:11 PM #154
      Linky:
      http://www.getauto.com/autolin...id-sa

Don't worry about the asinine price. I hook up all of my friends.

15. 10-04-2007 10:58 PM #155
      im sure someones asked this before but anyways how much would it be for me to get a scan.
      i have more lights on than dwntn SF...

16. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-05-2007 02:51 AM #156
      Quote, originally posted by 6speedgli »
      im sure someones asked this before but anyways how much would it be for me to get a scan.
      i have more lights on than dwntn SF...

Call (650) 364-0100 and ask for Joel in VW service. IIRC, a scan was somewhere in the $150-$175, but it's been awhile since I asked.

17. 11-02-2007 01:48 AM #157
      Hey Brendan,

You guys have any MkV Jetta TDI's? If not, any plans on gettin' em?

18. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-03-2007 03:15 PM #158
      Quote, originally posted by Dirtistasty2 »
      Hey Brendan,

You guys have any MkV Jetta TDI's? If not, any plans on gettin' em?

Not yet. Sadly we aren't getting them till the March-May of 2008. At least it will be the 2.0 TDI.

19. 11-11-2007 06:49 PM #159
      Quote, originally posted by Brendan@bwalkauto »
      Drivers Wanted! That means ALL drivers including drivers of modified VW's. After a productive meeting with our service manager, Rick Arslanian, we want to assure all Drivers that you are welcome here at Boardwalk VW. Among other things, we want you to know we will never remove aftermarket parts from your car without your knowledge. If your aftermarket part is not causing the problem, then you warranty claim will not be affected. Please understand that in some instances, our hands are tied by VW as they are the ones paying your warranty claim not us (if your car is still under warranty). I am not a lawyer but you know there are somethings you just cannot do to your newer VW and expect VW to pay a claim if it directly affects another covered part! We're not talking about the obvious things. If there is a way to HELP YOU OUT and we can work things out in your favor then it is in our best interest to do so. If something is on the border line, we are going to FIND a way to make you happy without lying or cheating VW, or compromising your safety.

Bottom line is, we want the opportunity to earn your service business and future sales business. You can be confident there is an atmosphere of appreciation for the opportunity to serve you here. Things won't always be perfect, but we're looking for a way make it work, not the other way around. It's all in how you look at things! So , yes, we are a MOD FRIENDLY DEALERSHIP!!

We welcome your feedback!

Abdul Muttalib
      Internet Sales Manager
      Boardwalk VW
      Redwood City, CA
      Direct: 650-568-5215
      amuttalib@bwalkauto.com

Rick Arslanian
      Service Director
      Boardwalk VW, Jeep, Chrysler, Chevrolet, Lotus, Nissan
      Direct: 650-568-5290
      rarslanian@bwalkauto.com

I hate to be the only one in this thread to be putting a bad word in for VW Boardwalk, but my experience with this service center has been absolutely horrible. Where to begin...

1) Several years ago, when the first rain season started after first buying my 2002 GTI, I noticed a swishing water sound when I drove the car. It turns out, the subframe of the car would flood and fill with water that somehow managed to leak in from outside. I took it to Boardwalk, they kept the car for over a week and said they were forced to take a large portion of the panels in the car apart to find the source of the problem. When I got my car back, I noticed that the car creaked significantly more than it used to; somewhat understandable considering they took apart the car, but a real shame that the car just wasn't going to be as quiet as it was new. It wouldn't bother me so much if they had actually FIXED the problem. Turns out, a few days later it rained, and the subframe flooding came back. I believe I ended up taking the car back one more time to get it fixed (can't remember) and they again did not fix it. Back then I was still in high school, and out of desparation, I took the car to my automotive teacher to see what he could do. He took a look at the car, and offered a quick fix: simply to drill holes in the rubber drain plugs in the subframe to let the water out. If only Boardwalk could have been as brilliant .

2) Recently I brought my car in for some electrical repair. I drive a 337, and as you know the car is equipped with beautiful, one-of-a-kind Recaro Seats. Upon picking up my car, I realized that the driver's seat door-side side bolster had been completely mangled. I immediately brought this up to the person there and he called over the manager. I forget his name, but I remember getting into arguments before in the past and not only had he been rude but was incredibly unhelpful. This time around he conducted himself with better maneurisms, however he told me that he could do nothing about the seat because the seats are a wear and tear item. Apparently, according to what he told me, no matter what happens to the seats while the car is there for repair, Boardwalk is not responsible for them, as, as he claimed, the seats could "randomly collapse" on the mechanic working on the car and that it shouldn't be his fault. I pushed the matter further, saying that that was a load of bs, that the car was brought in with the seat in mint condition and that I received it back completely mangled; it didn't matter. He told me that the mechanic working on the car was a careful guy, that he's small in stature and that he would be unable to cause that kind of damage. Interesting that he couldn't cause the damage, considering that the driver seat's side bolster would be a very appropriate place to sit to repair the driver side's door (one of the reason's I brought the car in for repair) for a mechanic with no care for the seat. No matter how much I pushed the matter, the manager said he would do nothing about it.

Brendan, if this is what you call "service" I don't know what kind of ridiculously low standards you adhere to. The manager who works there does not take responsibility for harm done to your car while at Boardwalk and I don't have a single positive thing to say about my years of experience at your service center. I'd like you to know that the issues listed above are not the only issues I've had with Boardwalk, and I have my other reasons for having such a negative stance towards your car service. What happened with my subframe and the Recaro seats is absolutely inexcusable. As sad as it is, I can honestly and truthfully say that Boardwalk has done more harm to my car than good, which is absolutely pathetic and undeserving of anyone's business. I would NEVER recommend your service center to anyone.

Modified by fonzi337 at 3:52 PM 11-11-2007

20. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-11-2007 07:37 PM #160
      First off, I appreciate your open and honest response. One of the reasons why I keep this thread here is so that I can see how we are doing, better or worse, and help the service department take the corrective action to adhere to a higher standard.

Per the subframe, I can understand us not being able to drill a few holes in the subframe. We can only repair cars per VWoA's standards, and something like that could get us in hot water with them. I used to do fixes similar to that on my MkII 16V, but the dealer has a lot of liability there. I'm glad you got that sorted though, as I heard of that happening on a few MkIV's, and not never got an official word from VWoA on it.

Per your seat, I'm really suprised, but very apt to take your side on this. Something like that is completely unacceptable IMO. When did that happen? Let me know when it was, and I'll see what I can do to right the wrong for you there.

I've worked here for 2 years, but I serviced dubs here for over 5 years without issue. I stand by my service department based on how I was treated in the past, but every good shop has moments of poor customer service. I'm glad you took the time to post this up, as I will pass it along to the service manager tomorrow, and see what I can do for you.

21. 11-20-2007 09:18 PM #161
      Quote, originally posted by Brendan@bwalkauto »
      First off, I appreciate your open and honest response. One of the reasons why I keep this thread here is so that I can see how we are doing, better or worse, and help the service department take the corrective action to adhere to a higher standard.

Per the subframe, I can understand us not being able to drill a few holes in the subframe. We can only repair cars per VWoA's standards, and something like that could get us in hot water with them. I used to do fixes similar to that on my MkII 16V, but the dealer has a lot of liability there. I'm glad you got that sorted though, as I heard of that happening on a few MkIV's, and not never got an official word from VWoA on it.

Per your seat, I'm really suprised, but very apt to take your side on this. Something like that is completely unacceptable IMO. When did that happen? Let me know when it was, and I'll see what I can do to right the wrong for you there.

I've worked here for 2 years, but I serviced dubs here for over 5 years without issue. I stand by my service department based on how I was treated in the past, but every good shop has moments of poor customer service. I'm glad you took the time to post this up, as I will pass it along to the service manager tomorrow, and see what I can do for you.

I'll have to look at my service receipt tomorrow to see exactly when I brought the car in. It was no more than 3 or so months ago. And thank you for taking the time to come on the forums and try to honestly deal with legitimate complaints. You normally don't get this at the service center.

I forgot to add, when I brought the car in and the Recaro Seat was damaged, I also received the car back with the red illumination buttons on my OEM VW Navigation System not working. That same time I took it in, they screwed up the wiring for my turbo timer and I had to bring the car back another day for them to correct that wrong as well. Seeing as how it's a mod-friendly service center, I expect that mods aren't altered or broken while the car is in service.

Modified by fonzi337 at 8:01 PM 11-20-2007

22. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      11-21-2007 04:26 PM #162
      Quote, originally posted by fonzi337 »

I'll have to look at my service receipt tomorrow to see exactly when I brought the car in. It was no more than 3 or so months ago. And thank you for taking the time to come on the forums and try to honestly deal with legitimate complaints. You normally don't get this at the service center.

Modified by fonzi337 at 8:01 PM 11-20-2007

Keep me posted on when it was, and feel free to PM me your first and last name, and I'll make sure I right the wrong for you.

23. 12-05-2007 04:51 PM #163
      Hi Brendan, how much would it cost to get my factory headlights w/o fog replaced with ecodes that have fogs? I have all the parts including the fog light wiring kit....

Please lemme know!

Thanks

24. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      01-06-2008 05:35 PM #164
      Sorry I missed this! For some reason this dropped out of my watched topics list...

If you still need help, PM me!

Vehicles
      2008 VW Rabbit
      01-21-2008 12:05 AM #165
      Brendan i was a bit hestitate on going for my 10k service now shes at 11k is there anything i could schedule to get my service done and how much would it be? thanks hopefully there is an opening sometime is friday since im jammed with school + work mon-thurs. thanks again.

26. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      01-21-2008 03:47 PM #166
      Quote, originally posted by BlueWabbit »
      Brendan i was a bit hestitate on going for my 10k service now shes at 11k is there anything i could schedule to get my service done and how much would it be? thanks hopefully there is an opening sometime is friday since im jammed with school + work mon-thurs. thanks again.

I just talked with one of my friends in service, and he said the 10k runs around $200, but that he has a coupon for 10% off for Vortex members.

Friday is open so far, so call (650) 364-0100 and ask to schedule a service appointment. Tell them too that you'd prefer Poh (pronounced Poe, like Edgar Allan Poe) to handle if for you!

Vehicles
      2008 VW Rabbit
      01-21-2008 04:14 PM #167
      awesome brendan appreciate the fast response. any estimated time on the service?

Modified by BlueWabbit at 1:17 PM 1-21-2008

28. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      01-21-2008 08:16 PM #168
      awesome brendan appreciate the fast response. any estimated time on the service?

Modified by BlueWabbit at 1:17 PM 1-21-2008

You got me on that. All I know is the earlier you send it in, the better. Just like the airlines, one delay causes a ripple effect. I know this since I get my oil changed here, and it's always at the end of the day.

Vehicles
      2008 VW Rabbit
      01-25-2008 02:11 PM #169
      haha bummer brendan are you working today? i'll be stuck at your dealership for a bit until 130 or 230 even but i didnt get Poh i got Bob instead if you wanna come by and say hi i'm in the waiting room haha i saw that UG R32 in the back lot and wow it looks good haha and i dont think he knew about the vortex discount i didnt know they charge extra if they cant get the railing underneath the car? o_O

30. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      01-25-2008 04:16 PM #170
      Did you ask for Poh? Bob should know about the Vortex discount. Tell him you are there on a referral to thanks to Brendan in VW and Bob will take care of it for you.

I'm actually out of the office today...

Vehicles
      2008 VW Rabbit
      01-25-2008 04:53 PM #171
      haha bummer its ok it ended up being around 200 but i got out about an hour and a half since i got there which wasn't too bad i was quite surprised but its brendan thanks for a great service for sure i'll go to you guys for my services. one of your dealer guys complimented on my rabbit haha awesome.

32. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      01-25-2008 08:50 PM #172
      haha sweet, too bad I missed it. Will you be there at TI this Sunday?

Vehicles
      2008 VW Rabbit
      01-25-2008 08:52 PM #173
      yeah totally rain or shine even though the commute up 101 to get to redwood city was a big PITA

34. Forum Sponsor Tom@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      01-26-2008 12:53 PM #174
      yeah totally rain or shine even though the commute up 101 to get to redwood city was a big PITA

Yeah, I hear you. I'm lucky, I live on Foster City, so the commute isn't bad at all. We're meeting up at Starbucks across the street from Costco at 11:15 or so in Foster City tomorrow if you want to caravan up there with us.

Vehicles
      96 GTI 2.0T Syncro, 13' TTRS, 13' S4, 07' Rabbit, Gone but not forgotten 04 R32, 02 VR6, 03, VR6
      01-27-2008 06:59 PM #175
      Good meeting you today Brendan, I'm sure I'll see you around. I should have shown you the Intake Mani on the R,

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast