Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Audiworld Launches a B6 A4 Project Car

1. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      04-19-2005 03:05 PM #1
      It looks like Audiworld contributor Steve Sherwood has picked up a new car that'll be the basis of an ongoing project car series. The Dolphin Gray Ultrasport sedan looks almost looks good enough as is, though I'm sure that Steve will highlight improvements for the car.

In the introduction, he focuses on the installation of a clear bra. It's something we've been thinking about for our own Project A4 1.8T Avant, and now that we've got the body where we want it, we'll probably opt to do something similar. The process may be expensive, but considering the cost of repair for chipped paint or cracked glass ecode headlights, it can often be worth it.

More information on Steve's car...
      http://www.audiworld.com/featu....html

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '13 Audi S7
      04-19-2005 03:08 PM #2
      Just wish they would stay "ahead" of the curve over there. Seems like they only change when forced too...They should be doing a B7 Project Car.....
      Fouritude.com Project S7 Owner.

'13 S7. Glacier White. Black Diamond Sport Seats.. Innovation. Carbon. LED. ....and much more to come.

Vehicles
      2013 Wrangler Rubicon 10A
      04-26-2005 02:25 PM #3
      Thats why *I'M* doing a B7 Project car

Quote, originally posted by NSalvatore »
      Just wish they would stay "ahead" of the curve over there. Seems like they only change when forced too...They should be doing a B7 Project Car.....
      http://www.speedsportlife.com
      @speedsportlife @zerinSSL
      2013 Bright White Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 10th Anniversary Rubicon
      Gone but still loved: 2010 Brilliant Red Audi S4 [6MT/Sport Diff/B&O/Nav/19s/Milltek Non-Res Exhaust/Downpipes/APR Tuned/Stratmosphere Hyperflow Intake]

4. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      04-26-2005 03:35 PM #4
      Often car choice is based on personal situation and need as much as it is a proactive strategy on what would make a good project car. I'm sure Steve got a good deal and this is his personal ride. Maybe he didn't like the B6. I wouldn't judge him, the site or the series based on that.

The B6 is still relevant for B6 owners.

Good luck with the A4 Steve and Zerin. Shoulda gone with an Avant though.

Vehicles
      2013 Wrangler Rubicon 10A
      04-26-2005 06:30 PM #5
      I actually asked for an Avant but my dealer looked at me like I was crazy Hard enough finding a car with the options I wanted as it was!

Quote, originally posted by George@Fourtitude »

Good luck with the A4 Steve and Zerin. Shoulda gone with an Avant though.

http://www.speedsportlife.com
      @speedsportlife @zerinSSL
      2013 Bright White Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 10th Anniversary Rubicon
      Gone but still loved: 2010 Brilliant Red Audi S4 [6MT/Sport Diff/B&O/Nav/19s/Milltek Non-Res Exhaust/Downpipes/APR Tuned/Stratmosphere Hyperflow Intake]

6. 08-07-2011 12:49 PM #6
      George, I had an S4 Avant once...btdt...not ideal for me. Was fun on the track beating M5 owners..."hey, were you the guy in the red wagon?" "Yep", "You were haulin ass!" :-)