Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 640 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox Only Thread --

1. 04-24-2005 05:36 PM #1
      Thought I'd start this to discuss some of the daily games:
      Anyone watch the TB game? I love watching these 2 teams play, always controversey playing at the dome and lots of
      I feel bad for Rob Bell (TB pitcher). I played against him during my Summer Legion days in NY and he used to kill us day in day out. Now in the major's all he does is get titted.

2. 04-24-2005 05:44 PM #2
      Manny's HR after getting thrown at was one of the best things ive seen in a baseball game.
      Too bad the dumb catwalk got in the way of Ortiz's bomb, I would have liked to get a good measurement on that one.

3. 04-24-2005 05:49 PM #3
      Quote, originally posted by g60roddo »
      Manny's HR after getting thrown at was one of the best things ive seen in a baseball game.
      Too bad the dumb catwalk got in the way of Ortiz's bomb, I would have liked to get a good measurement on that one.

and he was stilled pissed after he hit it. he's got a new post hr move to. he now throws the bat towards the dugout, 3rd time he did it.

4. 04-24-2005 06:47 PM #4
      Ortiz' bomb [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

5. 04-25-2005 12:05 AM #5
      I found it funny seeing the one Red Sox player spoon feeding some pudding to David Ortiz in the dugout. If ya don't know what Im talking about, they showed it on Sporscenter.
      P H I L L I E S | F L Y E R S | E A G L E S | S I X E R S | P E N N- S T A T E | 'N O V A

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      04-25-2005 02:20 AM #6
      Quote, originally posted by slvrdubbin »
      I found it funny seeing the one Red Sox player spoon feeding some pudding to David Ortiz in the dugout. If ya don't know what Im talking about, they showed it on Sporscenter.

idiots....
      good rebound game. hopefully we have enough offense left for the O's who are really improved from last year. and they owned us last year...8-3 or 8-4 on the season....something ridiculous like that.
      then...im all set fot them to come to Arlington...got tickets for all 3 games
      hopefully Schill's a little more on point..

Modified by redsoxreturns at 10:35 AM 11-5-2009
      Big Bopper to March Hare..We're still in the game okay? Understand this, that scag, and his floozy....They're gonna die!

7. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      04-25-2005 05:08 AM #7
      Quote, originally posted by redsoxreturns »
      O's who are really improved from last year. and they owned us last year...8-3 or 8-4 on the season....something rediculous like that.

9-9 last year.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Ford Focus
      04-25-2005 08:32 AM #8
      Quote, originally posted by -YZ- »
      and he was stilled pissed after he hit it. he's got a new post hr move to. he now throws the bat towards the dugout, 3rd time he did it.

I'm sure I'd still be pissed if I had a fastball thrown at my head. And I thought Ortiz is the last person you'd want to throw at. Would you want that guy pissed at you?

Vehicles
      2012 GTI 4dr DSG, 99.5 A4 Avant 1.8TQMS
      04-25-2005 08:41 AM #9
      Can we discuss pitching???
      Its going to get very interesting when we get Miller back in to rotation. You think Arroyo is going to the pen??? sadly yes. He looks great this year, more on point then Clement and Wells (pre 18 shutout inn).
      Is anyone concerned about Schilling? I am. Suddenly its 5innings, 80 pitches and then you have to worry.
      Wakefield has been his steady self every game. 7innings, 3-4 ER, 1-2 BB. Plus gets decent run support. And I like have D-U-G in game!
      The pen is again is ????. Folke is getting to mad on himself, Mantei throws 96mph junk everywhere but in the strike zone, HHHHHHalammmmaaaa is ehhhhh, Neal is one big scary dude, and Myers has been great soo far.
      Soo maybe Arroyo in the pen could be a good thing for LONG relief.
      99.5 A4 Avant 1.8TQMS - GIAC/034/Stratosphere/Billy Boat/Clutchmasters
      12 GTI 4dr DSG - APR

Vehicles
      Ford Focus Titanium
      04-25-2005 08:51 AM #10
      Quote, originally posted by OttaCee »
      Is anyone concerned about Schilling? I am. Suddenly its 5innings, 80 pitches and then you have to worry.

I'm not worried about Schilling at all. He is getting up there in age. He's getting over an injury and he doesn't have his conditioning yet. He'll look great one inning and then below average the next. Give him 3 or 4 more starts and I expect we'll see the Schilling of old.

Vehicles
      '10 335i
      04-25-2005 11:57 AM #11
      Quote, originally posted by OttaCee »
      The pen is again is ????. Folke is getting to mad on himself, Mantei throws 96mph junk everywhere but in the strike zone, HHHHHHalammmmaaaa is ehhhhh, Neal is one big scary dude, and Myers has been great soo far.
      Soo maybe Arroyo in the pen could be a good thing for LONG relief.

Yeah I think a lot of people thought the pen was going to be a strength for the Sox, but so far its been so-so. I guess you can't expect them to shut down teams night in/night out.
      I'm not too worried though. If they make the post season, the pen should be fine from judging from the last 2 years. They all have post season experience.
      They have been lights out with their back against the wall in '04.
      Baltimore is going to be very tough me thinks.
      They want some payback from being shut out in the last 18 innings against the Sox.
      2010 335i

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      04-25-2005 11:58 AM #12
      Quote, originally posted by g60rabbit »
      9-9 last year.

yea...my bad.
      Schill got off to a shaky start last year too, so im not too worried. seems a little cautious on the ankle still..
      Big Bopper to March Hare..We're still in the game okay? Understand this, that scag, and his floozy....They're gonna die!

Vehicles
      '10 335i
      04-25-2005 12:01 PM #13
      redsoxreturns:
      What is your sig referring too? A movie or something?

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      04-25-2005 12:29 PM #14
      Quote, originally posted by DownShift »
      redsoxreturns:
      What is your sig referring too? A movie or something?

Mad Max. greaaatest movie of all time!!

15. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      04-25-2005 04:02 PM #15
      Any talk of suspensions yet?

Vehicles
      Ford Focus Titanium
      04-25-2005 04:16 PM #16
      Any talk of suspensions yet?

Not that I've heard. I could see Arroyo getting 5 games for intentionally hitting Singleton. Brazelton should get some for raking Trot Nixon's face. Other than that I don't see too many suspensions. It was pretty minor.

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      04-25-2005 05:33 PM #17
      Quote, originally posted by Methalius »
      Not that I've heard. I could see Arroyo getting 5 games for intentionally hitting Singleton. Brazelton should get some for raking Trot Nixon's face. Other than that I don't see too many suspensions. It was pretty minor.

uhh, what about Carter?

18. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      04-25-2005 05:51 PM #18
      uhh, what about Carter?

Not saying he was in the right, but did he actually hit anyone?
      I think he will get something.

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      04-25-2005 06:31 PM #19
      Not saying he was in the right, but did he actually hit anyone?
      I think he will get something.

he threw behind Manny, and at Ortiz's head...if that doesnt get him 5 games, the neither should Bronson...he plunked a guy in the leg/thigh w/ an offspeed pitch...

20. 04-25-2005 11:20 PM #20
      I'm not getting warm and fuzzy's watching donut boy on the mound. I hope he turns it around fast.

Vehicles
      '10 335i
      04-25-2005 11:48 PM #21
      I'm not getting warm and fuzzy's watching donut boy on the mound. I hope he turns it around fast.

He just pitched 16 shut out innings prior to this game. I wouldnt be hurling him off the Zakim just yet
      The O's are a tough team. If they even had one great starting pitcher, they would be a contender.
      2010 335i

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      04-26-2005 02:10 AM #22

. If they even had one great starting pitcher, they would be a contender.

ask and ye shall recieve...Chen looked pretty good.
      Clement hopefully can get it done...Damons on a roll, Manny still looks a little uncomfortable...

Vehicles
      08 GTI, 09 Tiguan SEL
      04-26-2005 02:27 AM #23
      The O's are a tough team. If they even had one great starting pitcher, they would be a contender.

What about Rodrigo Lopez ? 2-1 with a 1.91 ERA and 23 strikeouts.

Vehicles
      a '98 [on life support] and a '07
      04-26-2005 08:07 AM #24
      These fights have to stop. What the hell are the DRays fighting for ? At least when the Yankees and RedSox throw down, its because we are competitive. The DRays will be last again .... just like every year.
      Where is Kyron ??? http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
      Support our troops, bless the fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by genjy View Post
      Yes, there is a high chance that the tractor trailer was the one going 160MPH, not the Porsche GT2 RS.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      04-26-2005 08:39 AM #25
      he threw behind Manny, and at Ortiz's head...if that doesnt get him 5 games, the neither should Bronson...he plunked a guy in the leg/thigh w/ an offspeed pitch...

Do you really think he was throwing AT Ortizs head??
      Bronson actually hit someone, has anyone ever been suspended for almost hitting someone? I know Pedro wasn't even get taken out of a game when it looked pretty clear he was trying to hit Garcia. Maybe he would have if it wasn't the playoffs?
      Before anyone gets all nuts I think Carter should be suspended but was just wondering if anyone has ever been suspended for what he did.

26. 04-26-2005 09:08 AM #26
      Do you really think he was throwing AT Ortizs head??

Yes, defenitely. They're major league pitchers, they have control beyond what you think. He went high and inside which can result in getting plugged in the head. When you want to hit somone throw at his rib cage and down, not the neck and up.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      04-26-2005 09:21 AM #27
      Yes, defenitely. They're major league pitchers, they have control beyond what you think. He went high and inside which can result in getting plugged in the head. When you want to hit somone throw at his rib cage and down, not the neck and up.

So when the pitcher threw behind Manny, thats where he wanted to throw it because he has great control?? When a pitcher throws one 3 feet over a batters head it was on purpose[remember RJ in that all star game ]??
      "He went high and inside which can result in getting plugged in the head"
      So it can happen by mistake
      If a pitcher can miss his spot over the plate, why can't he miss his spot when he is trying to hit someone?
      I honestly can't see why he would try to hit him in the head.

28. 04-26-2005 09:32 AM #28
      So when the pitcher threw behind Manny, thats where he wanted to throw it because he has great control?? When a pitcher throws one 3 feet over a batters head it was on purpose[remember RJ in that all star game ]??
      If a pitcher can miss his spot over the plate, why can't he miss his spot when he is trying to hit someone?

I don't think he was trying to hit him in the head, I think it was a riser that got away from him, honestly

29. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      04-26-2005 09:39 AM #29
      On another note Wells hurt his ankle and went to the hospital. When he came back to the stadium his ankle was in a boot. I think matei also hurt his ankle. Are those guys ok??
      Also who the hell is this Brain Roberts

Vehicles
      '10 335i
      04-26-2005 09:42 AM #30
      On another note Wells hurt his ankle and went to the hospital. When he came back to the stadium his ankle was in a boot. I think matei also hurt his ankle. Are those guys ok??

Both have sprained their right feet I believe.
      Quote »
      Also who the hell is this Brain Roberts

A stud.

31. 04-26-2005 10:56 AM #31

Well your right... but the point I'm trying to make here is that if you throw 'high and inside' there is a chance your gonna hit someone in the head... that's just how it is and it happens all the time. MLB pitchers know this, if you played baseball ever you would know this as well. When you throw high like that, it's bushleague and it's not a mistake (rarely is) especially in their situation that he threw it there. If you really just want to hit someone then hit him in the ribcage or below... like what Arroyo did. When a pitcher throws at someone in the upper region, especially the head you'd better hope they get out of the way.

32. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      04-26-2005 11:05 AM #32
      Well your right... but the point I'm trying to make here is that if you throw 'high and inside' there is a chance your gonna hit someone in the head...

How do you know his intention was to go high?? You don't.
      How do you know his intention wasn't to hit him in the thigh? As I said before its never the intention of the pitcher to throw a ball 58 feet but it happens, and its never there intention to throw one to the back stop but it happens, and I am sure you have seen a pitcher MANY times miss their spot by A LOT.
      MLB pitchers know this, if you played baseball ever you would know this as well. When you throw high like that, it's bushleague and it's not a mistake (rarely is) especially in their situation that he threw it there. .

When you make a mistake its busch league?? Mike Timlin hit Jeter in the head a couple weeks ago on a pitch that he wanted high and inside. He made a msitake and hit him.

I believe that in the situation he felt he needed to hit someone and that may be busch league, he had his shot at Manny. But I don't think after missing Manny he thought "I have to hit Ortiz in the head now."

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      04-26-2005 05:21 PM #33
      D. Wells to the DL...
      actually, im glad this happend..now we'll get Miller back, Arroyo stays in the rotation, Wells will most certainly not be back in "15 days", and hell be ready/healthy for the stretch...

34. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      04-26-2005 05:40 PM #34
      Wells is a over weight, 40 plus year old. Him coming back in 15 days or 80 days doesn't mean he will be healthy for any long stretch.

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      04-27-2005 01:34 AM #35
      Wells is a over weight, 40 plus year old. Him coming back in 15 days or 80 days doesn't mean he will be healthy for any long stretch.

tonights game was an embarrassment...and more of the reason i hate Kieth F**k..he's pitched one inning this year in which he hasnt given up a hit, or walked someone...1 inning!!
      it was in the 4 th inning or so, the score was 8-3, i said to my wife..''wanna go see the house?'' (we're building a new home), gone for an hour and a half, i figure the game will be over. sit down to watch Law and Order (tivo'd), commercial comes on, hop on the net, check the score....

Page 1 of 640 123451151101501 ... LastLast