Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 900 of 900 FirstFirst ... 400800850890896897898899900
    Results 22,476 to 22,490 of 22490

Thread: Red Sox Only Thread --

05-06-2016 02:14 PM #22476
      Quote Originally Posted by g60rabbit View Post
      And the Yankees are doing the old old Yankee things and playing like its the 80s again

GS-Photography.com
      Photography for all occasions - Formal Events, Corporate Events, School Sport Events
      SUPPORT THE ORIGINATORS ----> http://www.parts4vws.com/

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      05-08-2016 06:01 PM #22477
      And the Yankees are doing the old old Yankee things and playing like its the 80s again
      Meh. When their 3 or 4 big money guys come off contract, they'll reload and be their usual large market dominant selves. Ellsbury is the only expensive everyday player they have on the roster beyond 2017, right?

3. Senior Member
      05-09-2016 06:56 AM #22478
      Ugh. Gave up a HR with two out in the 9th to miss a CG shutout.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      05-09-2016 12:04 PM #22479
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      Meh. When their 3 or 4 big money guys come off contract, they'll reload and be their usual large market dominant selves. Ellsbury is the only expensive everyday player they have on the roster beyond 2017, right?
      Yup and Tanaka is the only big money making pitcher they will have.

Losing Tex and Beltran alone will clear up about 40 million.

Whats going on with Price I havent caught any of his starts?

Vehicles
      '12 Mars Red Mercedes C63 AMG, '14 Scuba Blue Audi Q5, '97 Lapis Blue Ford Ranger
      05-09-2016 12:56 PM #22480

Whats going on with Price I havent caught any of his starts?
      Nothing. He's 4-1. On a pace to go 22-5.
      SOLD '15 Lapiz Blue VW Golf R, '13 Sepang Blue Audi S6, '11 Sprint Blue Audi S4, '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i, '04 Deep Blue Pearl VW R32

6. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      05-09-2016 01:11 PM #22481
      Quote Originally Posted by nobbyv View Post
      Nothing. He's 4-1. On a pace to go 22-5.

If he manages 22 wins with a near 7 era I will become a Sox fan

Vehicles
      2015 Passat "Limited Edition"
      05-09-2016 03:30 PM #22482
      If he manages 22 wins with a near 7 era I will become a Sox fan
      As long as the opposing pitcher has an ERA of 8, they're all good.

Seriously, Price has to get that ERA down. The bats won't be on for his every start.

8. Senior Member
      05-10-2016 07:54 AM #22483
      Buchholz looks good when they score 14 runs for him.

When Bradley is hot, he sure has fantastic two-week stretches.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      05-11-2016 10:54 PM #22484
      JBJ with another big night.

In their 3-game sweep of the A's, the Sox scored 40 runs!

Vehicles
      '12 Mars Red Mercedes C63 AMG, '14 Scuba Blue Audi Q5, '97 Lapis Blue Ford Ranger
      05-12-2016 06:41 AM #22485
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      JBJ with another big night.

In their 3-game sweep of the A's, the Sox scored 40 runs!
      The offense has been amazing. What's funny is that it isn't really different from last year, when they struggled to score runs. But a healthy Pedey, happy HanRam and banished Sandoval/Castillo, and they're the top offense in baseball.

I'd like to see Price get back on track tonight. Remy's been going on and on about some adjustment to his leg kick in his windup that Pedey supposedly pointed out, let's see if it works.
      SOLD '15 Lapiz Blue VW Golf R, '13 Sepang Blue Audi S6, '11 Sprint Blue Audi S4, '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i, '04 Deep Blue Pearl VW R32

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      05-12-2016 07:11 AM #22486
      Hopefully Pedroia's sleuthing does the trick!

Dustin Pedroia helps David Price pinpoint a flaw in his delivery
      05.08.16 at 8:16 pm ET
      By John Tomase
      David Price had few answers on Saturday against the Yankees. (Noah K. Murray/USA Today Sports)

NEW YORK — David Price spent years battling Dustin Pedroia. Now he’s thankful they’re on the same side.

Pedroia’s video session aimed at examining his own swing instead yielded something unexpected — the possible key to fixing Price.

Manager John Farrell and pitching coach Carl Willis were already on the same path, focusing on Price’s reduced leg kick, but Pedroia provided the final piece of the puzzle, noting that Price’s hands and legs were no longer working in unison.

Whether this is the correction that returns Price to his prior form remains to be seen, but all involved sounded excited about where it might lead.

“I want my hands and my right leg or my right knee to be connected by a string,” Price said. “Whenever my knee goes up, I want my hands to go up. Whenever my knee goes back down, I want my hands to go back down.

“My hands have stayed right here. And that’s not allowing me to get my full leg lift. It’s been about a half of a leg lift of what I’m used to and it takes away you know the rhythm of what I do out there on the mound. Whenever my hands stay here, I have to be able to time it up perfect for me to be able to execute that pitch. It gives me no margin of error because I don’t have that rhythm.”

Price believes that syncing up his legs and hands can lead to more drive and an improved fastball.

“I’m not putting myself in my normal power position, absolutely,” he said. “My leg lift, it at least comes up to my belt if not a little bit higher. And for right now, it’s getting about right [thigh high] — it’s almost a slide step out of the windup. And you know I’ll fix that tomorrow and hopefully Thursday I’ll go out there and I’ll be back to my normal self.”

Pedroia described his role as something good teammates do.

“We’re here for each other,” he said. “You want everybody to do good. Trying to win, man.”

Price is 4-1 with a 6.75 ERA and knows he needs to be better. He actually sounded annoyed with himself for not noticing the flaw himself.

“When he said it, so much stuff clicked. It makes so much sense,” Price said. “To me that’s the most frustrating part. Whatever my ERA is, a 7, or whatever it is, that’s frustrating. But, to know that it’s something so small and to not be able to pick up on that … Even before I pitch every game, I’m watching video and I’m into the things that I see, and to not be able to pick up on that, that’s not like me. It stinks.”

Price reiterated that he doesn’t feel pressure to justify his contract or impress his new teammates. But he’s well aware of his current place in the rotation.

“I’ve been the weakest link,” he said. “That’s unacceptable from my end, but the other four guys, they’ve picked it up. They’ve picked up my slack. That’s what good teams do.”

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      05-12-2016 10:46 AM #22487
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Hopefully Pedroia's sleuthing does the trick!
      How bad is the Red Sox coaching if the 2nd baseman is the one detecting flaws in Price's mechanics?

When the Sox bats cool off, I don't see the pitching that keeps them from prolonged losing streaks. You can't score 10 runs every game. This team looks a lot like some recent Yankees teams that feasted on bad pitching but got knocked out early in the playoffs when they were facing teams with a quality pitching staff. Maybe a miracle happens and Price gets back on form, Joe Kelly's shoulder "impingement" clears up, and Buchholz stays off the DL for once and starts giving the team 6 quality innings.

Vehicles
      05-12-2016 11:41 AM #22488
      How bad is the Red Sox coaching if the 2nd baseman is the one detecting flaws in Price's mechanics?

When the Sox bats cool off, I don't see the pitching that keeps them from prolonged losing streaks. You can't score 10 runs every game. This team looks a lot like some recent Yankees teams that feasted on bad pitching but got knocked out early in the playoffs when they were facing teams with a quality pitching staff. Maybe a miracle happens and Price gets back on form, Joe Kelly's shoulder "impingement" clears up, and Buchholz stays off the DL for once and starts giving the team 6 quality innings.
      Porcello has been pretty great. He really seems to have turned a corner since his DL stint last year. Buchholtz has been OK to good, but you're right, he needs to stay healthy, like we say every year. Wright has been damn near unhittable. I don't expect a sub-2.00 ERA all season, but I think an easy 200 IP with a ERA under 4.00 is certainly reasonable. And E-Rod is one more Pawtucket start away from coming back. I fully expect Price to figure out what's wrong. That seems like a solid (if not spectacular) 1-4 to me. If they can get some innings out of Kelly, or O'Sullivan, or Owens or whoever in the 5th spot, I think the pitching is more than good enough to contend.

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      06-01-2016 08:39 AM #22489
      Buchholz banished to the bullpen. The last 4 Price starts have been quality starts. Steve Wright is making us forget about Wakefield. Rodriguez is back and had a quality start last night despite not being commanding. Team ERA is now a more respectable 4.13. It's still tough to picture the team having the pitching to win it all but it's way better than the two years of last place mediocrity we just endured.

Vehicles
      07-15-2016 11:04 AM #22490
      Looking forward to the second half. I think w/ Pomeranz the Sox rotation is now...adequate, considering their offense. No way he maintains a 2.47ERA in the AL East, but I could see him going 9-3 or so down the stretch with a high-3's ERA. If E-Rod could just get his **** together, I'd actually pick the Sox as a favorite to make the playoffs. Have to expect Price pitches better then in the first half. His last few starts have actually been much better. And provided Wright gets decent weather (no rain) for most of his starts, I feel good about him, too. Porcello has also been consistently good. If they can cobble together some semblance of a #5 from Rodriguez, O'Sullivan (who should be back from the DL soon), or even (gasp) Buccholtz, I think they'll contend easily.

Losing Tazawa w/ Kimbrel already on the DL isn't good. But Barnes and Hembree have been great, and Ziegler can be a lights-out guy, despite topping out at 86-87MPH. They got lucky they picked him up when they did.

They have something like 63% of their remaining games on the road, without a ton of off days (an TWO West Coast trips), so it'll be challenging. But I feel good about them in the second half.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 900 of 900 FirstFirst ... 400800850890896897898899900