Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 610 of 897 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613614620660710 ... LastLast
    Results 15,226 to 15,250 of 22418

Thread: Red Sox Only Thread --

1. 11-07-2008 10:50 AM #15226
      I wouldn't say he's hurt the game but rather, hasn't made many friends.

11-07-2008 11:09 AM #15227
      I think he's turned fans off and helped make it so the average family has a hard time going to see their favorite team play. Higher salaries equals higher ticket costs. I'm not saying he's THE reason but I think he's helped.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      11-07-2008 11:36 AM #15228
      Quote, originally posted by wagonowner »
      I think he's turned fans off and helped make it so the average family has a hard time going to see their favorite team play.

He has done nothing different then any other agent, other then be better at his job then most of them.
      In terms of keeping average fans out of the park. The player that signs Boras to be there agent and the team that signs said player is as much to blame. Infact the team is most to blame.

4. 11-07-2008 06:37 PM #15229
      Quote, originally posted by g60rabbit »
      His clients don't think so.

Tell A-Rod that.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      11-07-2008 07:24 PM #15230
      Quote, originally posted by 2004VdubJTI »
      Tell A-Rod that.

Tell Arod that the guy who got him a 1/4 of a billion dollar contract is a D Bag??
      They had a disagrement this last contract but I seriously doubt Arod regrets having had Boras as his agent.
      If Boras is a D bag for his tactics so is Tek, Drew,Matsuzaka ect ect.
      He works for them, not the other way around.

6. 11-07-2008 08:37 PM #15231
      Tell Arod that the guy who got him a 1/4 of a billion dollar contract is a D Bag??
      They had a disagrement this last contract but I seriously doubt Arod regrets having had Boras as his agent.
      If Boras is a D bag for his tactics so is Tek, Drew,Matsuzaka ect ect.
      He works for them, not the other way around.

Regardless of the money, you know A-Rod hates the guy. A-rod even said that he is not talking to him. As of late they have been talking. But at the time of the deal, A-Rod was tired of him.
      And by the way dummy, A-Rod didn't need Boras to get him that contract. The Yankees would have given him that without Boras. Hell, Boras may have even cost him money with his big mouth. The same for everyone else. There are plenty of other guys who don't have Boras that are getting big deals.
      And as for Tek, Drew and Matsuzaka who really gives a ****? They sit back and watch Boras be the most hated man in baseball. I still don't think these guys need an agent. Hire an attorney. They are even better than an agent!

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      11-07-2008 08:37 PM #15232
      In what way has he hurt the game

talk to any texas rangers fan - if you can find one. a big part of the reason ticket prices go up each year is to pay the salaries these players/agent demand.
      Big Bopper to March Hare..We're still in the game okay? Understand this, that scag, and his floozy....They're gonna die!

8. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      11-07-2008 08:41 PM #15233
      Quote, originally posted by redsoxreturns »
      talk to any texas rangers fan - if you can find one. a big part of the reason ticket prices go up each year is to pay the salaries these players/agent demand.

Who pays them?? The team.
      You can't just demand money.
      The teams don't have to pay the crazy salaries players demand.
      So its Boras fault the Rangers gave him all that money more so then the Rangers fault
      Boras and Arod didn't handcuff the Rangers Payroll. The Rangers did that to themselves.

Modified by g60rabbit at 6:00 PM 11-7-2008

9. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      11-07-2008 08:54 PM #15234
      Regardless of the money, you know A-Rod hates the guy.

No I don't. So I won't state opinion as fact.
      He had a disagreement with his agent. It happens.
      And by the way dummy, A-Rod didn't need Boras to get him that contract. The Yankees would have given him that without Boras.!

Whats that have to do with the contract he got from the Rangers??
      And as for Tek, Drew and Matsuzaka who really gives a ****? They sit back and watch Boras be the most hated man in baseball.

They don't just sit back and watch Boras be the most hated man in baseball.
      They pay for his house, cars, vacations ect. ect.

10. 11-07-2008 09:03 PM #15235
      No I don't. So I won't state opinion as fact.
      Fair enough.
      He had a disagreement with his agent. It happens.
      Of course.
      Whats that have to do with the contract he got from the Rangers??
      It is a point that these players have been led to believe that they cannot get a contract without an agent. I blame the players own stupidity on that one. A-Rod could have got that deal with any agent. When you are the best player in baseball, any agent can get you anything.
      They don't just sit back and watch Boras be the most hated man in baseball.
      Yes they do.
      They pay for his house, cars, vacations ect. ect.
      They don't. The owners do. I bet you he sees his money before they do. Part of the reason why contracts are so large is to compensate for the money going to the agent. If there were no agents, the owners would be paying less money to the players.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      11-07-2008 09:59 PM #15236
      The players certainly can get contracts without agents and some do.
      But why?? They can play baseball and let some other guy handle their money.
      Good agents work hard for their players/actors whatever the case may be.
      Agents just don't negotitae contract numbers they negotiate the perks as well.
      And the Players most certianly do pay for the agents cars/houses ect.
      The owners can't pay Boras if the players don't hire them.

I am sure Boras gets a slightly better cut of a deal he makes then Joe Shmo who represents a lesser player, and the players now he and his tactics are worth the extra cost.

12. 11-08-2008 10:57 AM #15237
      Quote, originally posted by wagonowner »
      Pedroia wins his 1st Gold glove

pedroia is the man [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

13. 11-08-2008 02:48 PM #15238
      The players certainly can get contracts without agents and some do.
      But why?? They can play baseball and let some other guy handle their money.
      Good agents work hard for their players/actors whatever the case may be.
      Agents just don't negotitae contract numbers they negotiate the perks as well.
      And the Players most certianly do pay for the agents cars/houses ect.
      The owners can't pay Boras if the players don't hire them.

I am sure Boras gets a slightly better cut of a deal he makes then Joe Shmo who represents a lesser player, and the players now he and his tactics are worth the extra cost.

Instead of continuing another stupid offseason argument, I am going to stop now.
      The substance of this argument shows that it is just plain and simply the offseason.

As for the rest of the offseason, what is the first move you think the Sox will make? Or their first offer?

Modified by 2004VdubJTI at 10:37 AM 11-9-2008

14. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      11-08-2008 03:38 PM #15239
      As for the rest of the offseason, what is the first move you think the Sox will make? Or their first offer?

Tek 3/36

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      11-09-2008 12:32 PM #15240
      tim cowlishaw, and the dallas morning news go out of their way to show how retarded they are...
      http://www.dallasnews.com/shar....html
      hicks and jon daniels have already said they were happy with where they finished last year, and would not increase payroll. more over, texas is a god awful place to play. i think even if the rangers did want to pony up the money, manny would turn them down.
      Big Bopper to March Hare..We're still in the game okay? Understand this, that scag, and his floozy....They're gonna die!

16. 11-09-2008 01:39 PM #15241
      Tek 3/36

Are you serious? That seems friggen high, way high. If they were going to give him 12 per year, the most I would think they'd go is two years with no option. That Posada deal really has people's minds ****ed up.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      11-09-2008 03:14 PM #15242
      Are you serious?.

Yea.
      And what is your prediction??
      I know you guys like to give credit to the Sox for never paying old players and stuff like that.
      They had 3 40 year olds on their team last year.
      They locked up a guy who has rarely ever been healthy till 36 yeas old or so for 75 million dollars in JD Drew.
      They locked up up Lowel till he is 36 or 37 years old to play a key position.\ for 40 million or so dollars.
      I understand that Tek is a catcher but he is also much more valuable to that team then either of those guys. His age is a concern, but I think they risk it. They can afford to do so.

Modified by g60rabbit at 12:27 PM 11-9-2008

18. 11-09-2008 03:35 PM #15243
      Yea.
      And what is your prediction??
      I know you guys like to give credit to the Sox for never paying old players and stuff like that.
      They had 3 40 year olds on their team last year.
      They locked up a guy who has rarely ever been healthy till 36 yeas old or so for 75 million dollars in JD Drew.
      They locked up up Lowel till he is 36 or 37 years old to play a key position.\ for 40 million or so dollars.
      I understand that Tek is a catcher but he is also much more valuable to that team then either of those guys. His age is a concern, but I think they risk it. They can afford to do so.

Modified by g60rabbit at 12:27 PM 11-9-2008

I think the Red Sox first deal/trade or whatever is a going to be a surprising deal that people aren't going to expect. Maybe like a deal including Buckholtz or something crazy like that, where people will be shocked. I just see a bit of a shakeup.
      As for V-Tek I think they offer him 2/16. And then I think they will settle at 3/24 which is still ****ing crazy. With the other older players you mentioned there is a huge difference between them and Tek. They are still at the height of their games, whereas Tek has got worse every year. Latest rumors from what I have heard is that the Sox have a young Dominican catcher who is predicted to be about three years away, so maybe they will give Tek a three year deal. And when this young kid comes up, Teks contract will be over. Who knows.
      I still say a shocking move is coming.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      11-09-2008 04:09 PM #15244
      With the other older players you mentioned there is a huge difference between them and Tek. They are still at the height of their games

Define "height of their game"..
      Ones 35 with a bad hip that played 113 games. He gets pais 10 plus million
      Ones 33 with all sorts of injuries that could only play 109 games. He gets 15 million.
      Tek is older then both, and is a catcher but still on average has played more or as many games as either in the past 2 years. He also had more homers and RBI then Drew did just 1 year ago.
      They gave Schilling 8 million dollars at the age of 41.
      And again is more valuable to the team then any 3 of those guys.
      They didn't make him the captain because of his cool hair do. He is a leader in the clubhouse and is very valuable to the young staff.
      Plus replacements out there aren't exactly plentifull.

20. 11-09-2008 10:28 PM #15245
      Define "height of their game"..
      Ones 35 with a bad hip that played 113 games. He gets pais 10 plus million
      Ones 33 with all sorts of injuries that could only play 109 games. He gets 15 million.
      Tek is older then both, and is a catcher but still on average has played more or as many games as either in the past 2 years. He also had more homers and RBI then Drew did just 1 year ago.
      They gave Schilling 8 million dollars at the age of 41.
      And again is more valuable to the team then any 3 of those guys.
      They didn't make him the captain because of his cool hair do. He is a leader in the clubhouse and is very valuable to the young staff.
      Plus replacements out there aren't exactly plentifull.

When they signed with the Sox, they both had career years before thus being at the height of their respective careers. Jason is not, and yes I know a catcher's true value. I think they can find a replacement that will put up better numbers, be better defensively and catch a good game. And that person won't cost 10 million dollars a year or more. Yet again, I am not going to get into more senseless BS arguments with offseason talk.
      To others, any thoughts/ideas to what you think may be the move trade/sign this offseason?

Modified by 2004VdubJTI at 7:30 PM 11-9-2008

21. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      11-09-2008 10:54 PM #15246
      When they signed with the Sox, they both had career years before

Yea and in Drews case it was 6 or 7 years before the Sox signed him.
      Yet again, I am not going to get into more senseless BS arguments with offseason talk.

Ok I won't let facts get in the way or your arguments again
      Ellsbury is headin to the HOF and Lowell and Drew are at the height of their game.

22. 11-09-2008 11:05 PM #15247
      Yea and in Drews case it was 6 or 7 years before the Sox signed him.
      Ok I won't let facts get in the way or your arguments again
      Obviouosly your facts aren't exactly right. In 2006, Drew did have quite a career year. He played in 146 games, a career best. He had over 450 AB's. The second highest hit total of his career. And the list goes on. 84 runs, which is his second best. 20 HR's, not the best, but decent. 100 RBI's, yet another career best. So yes you dumb ****, he did have a career year by most peoples standards. And so did Mike Lowell.
      Ellsbury is headin to the HOF and Lowell and Drew are at the height of their game.

Again, as I said they both had career years before they signed with the Sox and statistics shows that. Just look them up. I did provide you with some damn good evidence. Oh and wait, a world series championship last year!?!?! Wow, bad years they must've had.
      And as for Ellsbury, he also had quite a bad year too. Hit 280, 40 steals and over 100 runs. Horrible, simply horrible. Just wait till this year and beyond.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW 335i
      11-09-2008 11:38 PM #15248
      Again, as I said they both had career years before they signed with the Sox and statistics shows that.

ok
      In 04.
      He had over 500 At bats. [only 22 more then 06]
      Scored more runs, had more hits,More triples,more homers, more walks, more SB, a higher BA,Higher OBP,High Slugging, Higher OPS
      Then he did in 06.

01 was even better but he got injured. Well injured more often then normal.
      "So yes you dumb ****, he did have a career year by most peoples standards."
      So hostile and so wrong

And as for Ellsbury, he also had quite a bad yIf you look at his career averages and compare them to his 06 season. He was average. His 06 was on on par with what he did in 2000 and not quite as good as 01 [other then games played] and 04ear too. Hit 280, 40 steals and over 100 runs. Horrible, simply horrible. Just wait till this year and beyond.

Never said he was bad.
      I will leave it alone. This is like the Colon Vs. Moose debate. You blew a gasket then and we all know how that turned out

11-10-2008 12:13 AM #15249
      Sorry to stand in the middle of your pissing match -
      but looks like the Globe is trying to stir the pot too:

Quote, originally posted by ESPN INSIDER »
      Rangers catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia tells The Boston Globe that he'd welcome a trade to the Red Sox, calling it a "dream come true."
      "I'd love to go there and either work under Jason [Varitek] for a year or two or just go there and catch full-time," Saltalamacchia told the newspaper. "I love watching Jason. He's like an idol of mine. I watch him and I learn from him and I'd love to be able to spend time with him. I saw him this year and we talked for a while and I learned so much from him in the short time we had."
      Saltalamacchia hit .253 with three homes and 26 RBIs in 61 games this year, splitting time behind the plate with Gerald Laird and Taylor Teagarden.

Vehicles
      W211 E550; 2007 SRX
      11-10-2008 12:39 AM #15250
      "salty" could prolly be had fairly cheaply too...the rangers have a surplus of catchers...

Page 610 of 897 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613614620660710 ... LastLast