Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Corrado Storm/Campaign/Jet

Vehicles
      Two VW's, A BMW, a Porsche, and one of those toaster things
      05-30-2005 05:33 AM #1
      before anyone tells me to go search the archived content... I already did. I just want to see some pictures of the Storm Corrado. The Jet Corrado. and the Campaign corrado. especially interior shots of the Campaign and the Jet.. anyway... I wanna see all the pictures anyone can come up with. after looking at all the archived content all the pics that were posted before are red x's and stuff. oh and this link, http://www.corrado-club.co.uk isn't working for me either. any help please?

Modified by DALTTB at 2:34 AM 5-30-2005
      I buy and sell cars. So if you need something let me know. I have cars, people want cars, I can sell my cars to people, that's basically how this stuff works.
      480-274-4188

2. 05-30-2005 06:48 AM #2
      Here's what I posted a little while ago

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2011640

Can't have searched hard enough

Vehicles
      05-30-2005 01:10 PM #3
      thats one of the only posts that i searched that had and working pics.. but... thats only one of the cars i was looking for. sooo... any others?
      I buy and sell cars. So if you need something let me know. I have cars, people want cars, I can sell my cars to people, that's basically how this stuff works.
      480-274-4188

4. Banned
      05-30-2005 02:17 PM #4
      what are you looking for as far as interior ? is there anything different about these. i guess if you have one and leave it original it has some added value but other than that everything i had read was they badged them to try and help sales. if there are any other differences let me know since i have never seen a storm in the real.

Vehicles
      05-30-2005 02:44 PM #5
      ok.. after hours of boredom.. i did find some pics.

Campaign.

i found some more.. ill post them in a bit

480-274-4188

Vehicles
      '95 Corrado VR6 (2.9)
      05-30-2005 03:17 PM #6
      This should help... CCGB had to be relocated to a different site / server!

http://www.corradoclub.org/specifications.html

No info on the Jet on there I don't think, but I am sure I can dig up some pictures.

The short and skinny is though..

Campaign - only 6 ever made. Dusty Mauve paintwork, brick red leather interior with blue / purple detailing. Also came with Monte Carlo (I think they were called that here at least) alloy wheels.

Storm - 500 made. 250 in classic green with cream leather, 250 in mystic blue with black leather. Nothing particularly special about them really except Mystic Blue was never used on the Corrado apart from on the Storm whereas classic green was already a stock colour. Differences from normal VR6 were BBS Solitude alloy wheels, a colour coded grille, and storm badging on the rear of the car and on the gear surround.

G60 Jet - now admittedly this is the one I know least about but was a nice metallic purple colour, came with Estoril wheels as standard, had a two tone black and pinky purple cloth interior and had 'Jet' logo's down the side of the bodywork! Very 80's!! No performance difference to regular G60's though.

Modified by jimsG60 at 12:23 PM 5-30-2005

Vehicles
      94 Rado, 04 R1
      05-30-2005 03:28 PM #7
      the Jet was offered only in 91,

91 rados r the lightest, they come with a funky yet cool purple interior

there badged with JET, i dont think the motor is any different, could b!

but im sure if u search ull find it, its been gone over b 4!

man i want a campaign, cuz there r only 5 left!

Corrado VS. Rice Burner

"Corrado Wins"

I get a buzz out of the combination of design and sport.
      Adrian Newey

Vehicles
      '95 Corrado VR6 (2.9)
      05-30-2005 03:30 PM #8
      Yeah.. 5, possibly even 4 left now in fact. Campaigns really are the absolute holy grail!!

I know the owner of one of them and the location of 2 more.. but thats about it

9. 05-30-2005 03:35 PM #9
      Anyone know details on the corrado "Exclusive"? I picked up a german brochure for that edition, it appears to be a 91 model, left hand drive with unique exterior and interior colors (full leather recaros too). I'll get some pics up soon, I'm just curious as to how many are around.

Vehicles
      05-30-2005 03:36 PM #10
      more campaign interior pics.

outside...

480-274-4188

Vehicles
      05-30-2005 03:45 PM #11
      Quote, originally posted by Dr Forinor »
      Here's what I posted a little while ago

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2011640

Can't have searched hard enough

here are the pics from that link for those of you too lazy to click.

Storm pics.. with different wheels and taillights.

480-274-4188

12. 05-30-2005 04:01 PM #12
      ^ Here is what that Storm looked like before change of wheels and lights, yes it is the exact same car.

Vehicles
      '95 Corrado VR6 (2.9)
      05-30-2005 05:32 PM #13
      That sure aint standard ride height though

14. 05-30-2005 05:40 PM #14

The Jet came in either

Limogeblau with black-blue interior

Flashrot with black-red interior

Schwarz with black-red interior

Schwarz with black-blue interior

and

Dark violet perleffekt with black-violett interior

(I've seen the latter combo in real life a couple months back and took some photos of it)

If you want I can send you some of the photos I took.
      The Jet was the "Sparversion" of the Corrado i.e. a cheaper more affordable G60. Different steering wheel, no cushion dividing the rear occupants etc.

Modified by Corradorennenprofi at 11:41 PM 5-30-2005

15. 05-30-2005 06:07 PM #15
      Quote, originally posted by jimsG60 »
      That sure aint standard ride height though

Can you tell from the pictures? Do you have any pictures that show standard ride height?

Vehicles
      '95 Corrado VR6 (2.9)
      05-30-2005 06:19 PM #16
      Quote »

Can you tell from the pictures? Do you have any pictures that show standard ride height?

Yep.. standard Corrado ride height (especially VR6 and the Storm) was often regarded as being similar to that off an off roader whereas the Corrado in your pictures (your car I assume) is particularly nicely lowered!

See attached pics for original ride height example.. you'll see what I mean!

BTW.. seeing as you're UK based, are you aware of the Corrado Forum - biggest forum for the Corrado in the UK at least! Find it @ http://the-corrado.net/forum/portal.php

Modified by jimsG60 at 3:21 PM 5-30-2005

17. 05-30-2005 06:34 PM #17
      Thanks for the forum link (I wasn't aware of it), and thank you for the pics. I bought the car about 3 weeks ago and the guy before had it lowered on Weitec springs and shocks, lowered it by 40mm. It looks good but I think it's too stiff. Not too stiff for my back, but too stiff to actually give good handling. It starts to drift way earlier than I would expect it to.

I'm thinking of increasing the ride height by 20mm so it ends up being only lowered by 20mm and get a softer setup (most probably Eivach). I'd rather have better handling than better looks.

18. 05-30-2005 07:52 PM #18
      omg didnt know there was a "jet" version..how fu£%$ng kool is that!?

05-30-2005 08:08 PM #19
      Quote, originally posted by RadoM33 »
      omg didnt know there was a "jet" version..how fu£%$ng kool is that!?

me niether. I have campainge wheels want to buy them LOL
      Quote Originally Posted by Radvr6T View Post
      A true built car is one in which the owner alone has done its work intirely!
      Not had a shop build the motor,Not had a shop paint it ,Not had a upolster do the interior,Not just supplied money for work of any kind for the vehicle!
      According to this guy no one builds cars.

Vehicles
      87 toyota with taco dash,3rz,duals,Diamonds and more, UCF20
      05-31-2005 06:48 AM #20
      whats that yellow one that is super wide and all the 80's graphics on it? I remember somone sayin how rare it was and that there were few made...

This one

Vehicles
      '95 Corrado VR6 (2.9)
      05-31-2005 08:53 AM #21
      You sure thats a factory model?

I've honestly never seen that before.. certainly the wheels and grille would be aftermarket on that?

Vehicles
      87 toyota with taco dash,3rz,duals,Diamonds and more, UCF20
      06-03-2005 11:45 AM #22
      yeah its modded...Im not sure if it is or not.I remember somone posting to a pic of it sayin it was a rare car that was made in yellow and i think blue and red but something with the interior was special

Vehicles
      90/Corrado VR, 84 Vanagon EG33
      06-03-2005 01:39 PM #23
      Wow
      - Doogie
      I got tired of making build thread after build thread for my projects, so I made a website instead:
      http://www.doogielabs.com
      Remember your 7 P's: Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

24. 06-03-2005 02:34 PM #24
      Quote, originally posted by Boostedcorrados »
      whats that yellow one that is super wide and all the 80's graphics on it? I remember someone sayin how rare it was and that there were few made...

This one

I believe Corradorennenprofi knows the entire story on this car but from what I can remember it is one of three cars built to commemorate something. They were painted the colors of the German flag, this car being the yellow stripe in the flag and all three were parked in front of the VW factory. Like I said, only three of these exist so I believe they are the rarest Corrado built. Who knows if the other two have even made it this long. They did not come as wide body cars (this car has been modified) just the paint and that stripe thing painted on the sides are different from a normal Corrado. I'm not sure about the interior though.

25. 06-03-2005 03:18 PM #25
      Quote, originally posted by VR62NV »
      I believe Corradorennenprofi knows the entire story on this car but from what I can remember it is one of three cars built to commemorate something. They were painted the colors of the German flag, this car being the yellow stripe in the flag and all three were parked in front of the VW factory. Like I said, only three of these exist so I believe they are the rarest Corrado built. Who knows if the other two have even made it this long. They did not come as wide body cars (this car has been modified) just the paint and that stripe thing painted on the sides are different from a normal Corrado. I'm not sure about the interior though.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1926703

yep , all three of these special edition 1990 G60s were built as "Tag der deutschen Einheit" (Day of German Unity) Corrados commemorating the reunification of Germany with the Fall of the Berlin Wall.

the interior is also normal (cloth), nothing special, although the current owner put in a leather interior.