Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 945 of 1122 FirstFirst ... 4458458959359419429439449459469479489499559951045 ... LastLast
    Results 23,601 to 23,625 of 28031

    Thread: What did you do to your Mk2 do today?

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2011
      Location
      Middletown, NJ
      Posts
      209
      Vehicles
      '87 GTI 8v 95' Suburban
      08-23-2012 07:55 PM #23601
      Is USRT still in business? I found their website, but they haven't replied to my email. I was also wondering if they had a shop I could actually visit. I thought they were in NJ, thanks...and I haven't worked on the GTI since I snapped a piston ring
      My girlfriend and I may have broken up after three years, but then again, I have the MK2<3

    2. Member the sneakiest panda evar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2011
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      3,906
      Vehicles
      91 Jetta Wolfsburg TD, 07 Snow Camo Ruckus, 91 EA Cabby, 81 Diesel Caddy (SOLD), 02 1.8T (SOLD)
      08-23-2012 07:57 PM #23602
      Quote Originally Posted by Danger1523 View Post
      Is USRT still in business? I found their website, but they haven't replied to my email. I was also wondering if they had a shop I could actually visit. I thought they were in NJ, thanks...and I haven't worked on the GTI since I snapped a piston ring
      id assume so since people still sell their stuff

    3. Member Mk2GLi420's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 31st, 2011
      Location
      Portland OR
      Posts
      489
      Vehicles
      1987 GLI *sold* 97 gti vr6
      08-23-2012 08:29 PM #23603
      Sold it lol

    4. Member the sneakiest panda evar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2011
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      3,906
      Vehicles
      91 Jetta Wolfsburg TD, 07 Snow Camo Ruckus, 91 EA Cabby, 81 Diesel Caddy (SOLD), 02 1.8T (SOLD)
      08-23-2012 09:14 PM #23604
      bought upper and lower radiator hoses for my early rabbit rad swap. unlike all the lazy people that just hacked up and spliced hoses today, i decided to do it the correct way with one hose, no splices

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 16th, 2010
      Location
      Lancaster, pa
      Posts
      1,646
      Vehicles
      91 Gli MK II, 83 MKI Rabbit
      08-23-2012 09:36 PM #23605
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk2GLi420 View Post
      Sold it lol
      did you get that MK3 then?
      Quote Originally Posted by VegasJetta View Post
      Nitrous is like a smokin hot chick with AIDS and Herpes. You REALLY wanna hit it, but are afraid of the consequences...
      Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
      Newsflash: It isn't getting worse every year. You're just getting older and crankier every year.

    6. Member Mk2GLi420's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 31st, 2011
      Location
      Portland OR
      Posts
      489
      Vehicles
      1987 GLI *sold* 97 gti vr6
      08-23-2012 09:38 PM #23606
      Quote Originally Posted by Greensteeldragon View Post
      did you get that MK3 then?
      Yup

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2011
      Location
      Middletown, NJ
      Posts
      209
      Vehicles
      '87 GTI 8v 95' Suburban
      08-23-2012 11:35 PM #23607
      Quote Originally Posted by the sneakiest panda evar View Post
      id assume so since people still sell their stuff
      I just wanted to drop off my head to get ported and I can't seem to find an address
      My girlfriend and I may have broken up after three years, but then again, I have the MK2<3

    8. Member the sneakiest panda evar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2011
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      3,906
      Vehicles
      91 Jetta Wolfsburg TD, 07 Snow Camo Ruckus, 91 EA Cabby, 81 Diesel Caddy (SOLD), 02 1.8T (SOLD)
      08-23-2012 11:37 PM #23608
      Quote Originally Posted by Danger1523 View Post
      I just wanted to drop off my head to get ported and I can't seem to find an address
      call them 856.456.3335

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2011
      Location
      Middletown, NJ
      Posts
      209
      Vehicles
      '87 GTI 8v 95' Suburban
      08-23-2012 11:40 PM #23609
      Quote Originally Posted by the sneakiest panda evar View Post
      call them 856.456.3335
      Looks like I'll have to, hoping they can do a good port job so I can get around the power increases as the Eurospec head I was looking at. 026 103 265 JPB part number. They aren't priced too bad, and NAPA has had my head for an acid dip for the past three months

      And thanks
      Last edited by Danger1523; 08-23-2012 at 11:43 PM.
      My girlfriend and I may have broken up after three years, but then again, I have the MK2<3

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2008
      Location
      Japan
      Posts
      6,875
      Vehicles
      Miata
      08-24-2012 12:13 AM #23610
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk2GLi420 View Post
      Sold it lol
      Glad to hear it. Hopefully the next owner rescues it.

      On the Diesel I'm cutting apart and plastic-welding the intake air box to support a smooth, larger diameter intake tube. Using 3" high temp brake duct pulled directly to the fender. The piece I'm replacing used to choke down to 2" OD, around 1.75-1.8" ID, iirc. Now I'll have a 3" OD and a small trumpet of sorts (and a slightly tapered air box for pressure differentials.. Lol) to increase air velocity. Shouldn't slow down the air getting to the intake much as the engine "sucks" what it needs directly from the pass side fender. It's pretty slick from the factory actually, just improving a bit. I used an OBD-II VR6 air box for my donor pieces of plastic. JB weld on all the seams, and bailing wire fused into the panels where extra strength / rigidity may be needed.

    11. Member Deezy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Waco, TX
      Posts
      2,885
      Vehicles
      1988 GTI VR6 - 1990 Jetta Wolfsburg 8v - 1963 ghia 1600 - 2005 GMC Sierra Z71
      08-24-2012 12:28 AM #23611
      95% done with a auto to 5 speed swap...


      Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
      Race it, Break it, Fix it, Repeat.

    12. Junior Member Hu2lRider's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2009
      Location
      Quebec, canada
      Posts
      71
      Vehicles
      92 mk2 jetta
      08-24-2012 01:26 AM #23612
      [
      Last edited by Hu2lRider; 10-21-2012 at 02:25 AM.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2010
      Location
      San Antonio
      Posts
      504
      Vehicles
      337 (gone), VR6 MK2 Jetta coupe, another 337
      08-24-2012 01:34 AM #23613
      replaced the plywood boards under my recaro trophy seats with jjcustominterior replacement diaphragms. its like sitting in new seats. installed my amp and jl sub. fixed my oil leak from oil cooler and gave her a new oil change.

    14. Member toftii88's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 28th, 2007
      Location
      Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      965
      Vehicles
      2005 USP Avant
      08-24-2012 02:56 AM #23614
      Quote Originally Posted by the sneakiest panda evar View Post
      bought upper and lower radiator hoses for my early rabbit rad swap. unlike all the lazy people that just hacked up and spliced hoses today, i decided to do it the correct way with one hose, no splices
      What hoses did you use?

    15. Member FlyGLi2C's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2001
      Posts
      210
      Vehicles
      MK2VR, MK6 Gti Stage2, '12 Tiguan Stage 2
      08-24-2012 08:38 AM #23615
      Got in a fight with my mk2 vr and lost....

      After just replacing the water pump my after run coolant pump decided to take a dump on me

    16. Member joseph052188's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2007
      Location
      TX
      Posts
      436
      Vehicles
      04 VW R32, 86 GTI
      08-24-2012 09:17 AM #23616
      Trying to fix the AC, had to trace the ac compressor power line to the fire wall then to the relay box inside of the car. Removed it to see why the compressor wasn't getting any power, found out it didn't have the relay. I put everything back together now the car wont get any spark .

    17. Member Deezy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Waco, TX
      Posts
      2,885
      Vehicles
      1988 GTI VR6 - 1990 Jetta Wolfsburg 8v - 1963 ghia 1600 - 2005 GMC Sierra Z71
      08-24-2012 10:38 AM #23617
      Quote Originally Posted by FlyGLi2C View Post
      Got in a fight with my mk2 vr and lost....

      After just replacing the water pump my after run coolant pump decided to take a dump on me
      !! My mk2vr clutch slave is spitting on my clutch and I stayed side by side with a mk4 24v vr6 :-)

      I need to get on thirdhonk!

      Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
      Race it, Break it, Fix it, Repeat.

    18. Member the sneakiest panda evar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2011
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      3,906
      Vehicles
      91 Jetta Wolfsburg TD, 07 Snow Camo Ruckus, 91 EA Cabby, 81 Diesel Caddy (SOLD), 02 1.8T (SOLD)
      08-24-2012 11:00 AM #23618
      Quote Originally Posted by toftii88 View Post
      What hoses did you use?
      flexible rubber hoses

    19. Member toftii88's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 28th, 2007
      Location
      Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      965
      Vehicles
      2005 USP Avant
      08-24-2012 12:17 PM #23619
      Here I thought you'd discovered a correct oem option. Silly me.

    20. Member the sneakiest panda evar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2011
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      3,906
      Vehicles
      91 Jetta Wolfsburg TD, 07 Snow Camo Ruckus, 91 EA Cabby, 81 Diesel Caddy (SOLD), 02 1.8T (SOLD)
      08-24-2012 01:07 PM #23620
      Quote Originally Posted by toftii88 View Post
      Here I thought you'd discovered a correct oem option. Silly me.
      i have few hoses here to test out oem options without hacking them up, but i know these will work and look decent.

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2008
      Location
      Japan
      Posts
      6,875
      Vehicles
      Miata
      08-24-2012 01:51 PM #23621
      Quote Originally Posted by Project_2501 View Post
      Glad to hear it. Hopefully the next owner rescues it.

      On the Diesel I'm cutting apart and plastic-welding the intake air box to support a smooth, larger diameter intake tube. Using 3" high temp brake duct pulled directly to the fender. The piece I'm replacing used to choke down to 2" OD, around 1.75-1.8" ID, iirc. Now I'll have a 3" OD and a small trumpet of sorts (and a slightly tapered air box for pressure differentials.. Lol) to increase air velocity. Shouldn't slow down the air getting to the intake much as the engine "sucks" what it needs directly from the pass side fender. It's pretty slick from the factory actually, just improving a bit. I used an OBD-II VR6 air box for my donor pieces of plastic. JB weld on all the seams, and bailing wire fused into the panels where extra strength / rigidity may be needed.
      Pic:


    22. Member fishman5301's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 24th, 2012
      Location
      Northeast ohio
      Posts
      184
      Vehicles
      (PAST) 91 Jetta GL, 97 Jetta VR6, (CURRENT) 87 Jetta GLI
      08-24-2012 02:56 PM #23622
      Quote Originally Posted by Hu2lRider View Post
      Nice! Seriously considering starting a "junk in your trunk" thread
      dont fake the funk

    23. Member FlyGLi2C's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2001
      Posts
      210
      Vehicles
      MK2VR, MK6 Gti Stage2, '12 Tiguan Stage 2
      08-24-2012 02:56 PM #23623
      Quote Originally Posted by Deezy View Post
      !! My mk2vr clutch slave is spitting on my clutch and I stayed side by side with a mk4 24v vr6 :-)

      I need to get on thirdhonk!

      Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
      Wow that sucks and is awesome at the same time!!!

      I replaced that hack job exhaust that was on it with 42dd cat delete and 2.5 TT... And found out the O2 sensor was broken- it is running so much better.



      Ohh and the after run pump i thought was broken- well it was and the head to heater core hose split
      Eff it- full silicone hoses are on order!!



      Thirdhonk is growing- its pretty cool there are some REALLY fast cars on there!!

      Once everything gets fixed on our cars we will need go meet at Little River for a mk2 VR showdown

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2008
      Location
      Japan
      Posts
      6,875
      Vehicles
      Miata
      08-24-2012 07:36 PM #23624
      I raced a Carrera 4S while riding my pedal bike earlier. Didn't have to have a horn OR hazard lights to know I blew his doors in.... While he was in the convenience store. He totally knew he was racing though.

      Though I don't doubt the mk4 was 'racing'... Buncha bros..

    25. Member the sneakiest panda evar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2011
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      3,906
      Vehicles
      91 Jetta Wolfsburg TD, 07 Snow Camo Ruckus, 91 EA Cabby, 81 Diesel Caddy (SOLD), 02 1.8T (SOLD)
      08-24-2012 09:30 PM #23625
      picked up this



      did this


    Page 945 of 1122 FirstFirst ... 4458458959359419429439449459469479489499559951045 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •